PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Peter Steele

ApochWeiss
04-15-2010, 07:42 AM
edit:

Germany's SPV/Steamhammer Records has released the following statement:

It's with great sadness that we give our condolences to the family and friends of Peter Steele. He died on April 14th, 2010.

"With his bands CARNIVORE and TYPE O NEGATIVE he achieved cult status and was loved by fans around the world. The last releases he did with TYPE O NEGATIVE were the DVD 'Symphony For The Devil' and the studio album 'Dead Again'.

"SPV/Steamhammer proudly released both products worldwide, which will now — very unfortunately — be the end of his recording legacy.

"The world has lost a charismatic frontman and a very talented person.

"Our condolences go to Peter's family, friends and the members of his bands."

SOURCE (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138536)

A great man who will truly be missed.

- My farewell to Peter Steele (http://www.apochs.net/Editorial/4.html) -

May he rest in peace.

Pentexrx8
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
I heard about this on the radio this morning. That sucks. Type-O was the second concert I ever went to in 2003 when I graduated, and they put on a great show. He had such a great voice and songs like "I Like Goils" and "Angry Itch" put me in a good mood all the time.

RIP Peter Steele, you deserve it.

Typeonegativ71
04-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Rest in Peace, Peter.

MALDUNE
04-15-2010, 06:02 PM
He is gone home!!!

Muffin the Holy
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
What?! NO!

This is news to me. I can't believe it. That sexy voice of his will never sing again.

I've listened to Type-O since I discovered Slow, Deep, and Hard in junior high. Truely tragic news. I'll listen to The Origin of Feces in his memory.

Any word on how he died?

ApochWeiss
04-15-2010, 07:47 PM
What?! NO!

This is news to me. I can't believe it. That sexy voice of his will never sing again.

I've listened to Type-O since I discovered Slow, Deep, and Hard in junior high. Truely tragic news. I'll listen to The Origin of Feces in his memory.

Any word on how he died?

SUPPOSEDLY it's heart failure. Nothing official yet. A buddy of mine saw him on the last tour and said he was in rough shape, so he probably knew he had something wrong with him but tried to hide it. I believe heart failure because of how he lived up until two years ago when he finally got some help to get his shit together. Just sucks, I'm sure there was still a lot more he wanted to do.

Volzagia
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
:(Such a shame.. Type O Negative were good

ToeFurB
04-15-2010, 08:23 PM
The Man will be missed. It truly is a sad day.

Tapion
04-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Sad to hear. R.I.P.

dirge
04-15-2010, 11:05 PM
The man is a legend in my eyes, he penned some truely classic songs. His voice and sense of humour will be be missed very much here.

Poida
04-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Sad news, I have been listening to their stuff from time to time :(
RIP.

DarkestofFlames
04-16-2010, 09:26 PM
I was in shock when I read the news. I've been listening to TON for almost 10 years now. This is truly sad. I know some assholes will chime in with bs like "so, everyone dies, get over it". But that doesn't make his death any less sad for me.

BarbaricGoose
04-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I actually just noticed this on YouTube. Was gonna make a thread about it, in fact. Came across this interview. He seems like a good guy.

YouTube- TYPE O NEGATIVE PETE STEELE DEAD AT 48

Dawn Zombie
04-17-2010, 03:15 AM
This really sucks. Type O Negative is my favorite band. I was in shocked when I heard the news, still am. Rest in peace. Your are loved by family, friends, and all you true Type O Negative fans.:(
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/4400596/Peter+Steele+42.jpgNo Hope = No Fear. - Peter

A ZombieTwinkie
04-17-2010, 04:22 AM
That sucks. I haven't been listening to Type O Negative for long, but they were damn good. Always a shame to lose someone so talented. R.I.P. Peter.

Tussell
04-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Anyone know that he did a spread for Playgirl in 1995? :p No jokes!

Anyways, R.I.P.

Contrah
04-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Sad day indeed, very good music.
Rest in Peace.

ApochWeiss
04-17-2010, 10:35 PM

Anyways, R.I.P.

I actually never knew that until a few days ago. I also kinda feel I never needed to know that in the first place haha. Either way, it doesn't shock me at all, he was a lady's man after all...and a man's man...

Dawn Zombie
04-18-2010, 07:06 AM
He also came out on Jerry Springer. Watch for at 0:56.

YouTube- Peter Steele on the Jerry Springer show

Pentexrx8
04-19-2010, 05:25 PM

Anyways, R.I.P.

Even so, I don't think that makes him gay, just very secure with himself. I remember reading somewhere that he didn't know that gay men were the #1 "readers" of that magazine, he tought straight womern were. Either way, I give you these lyrics that make me feel he was totally straight

"Now I don't know whose ass you've licked
No shit-tongued boy will ever taste my dick
He says:
"How 'bout no sex - we'll just be friends"
Hey no thanks Pal, I'll stick with lesbians
You're Right!
A sexist pig, I guess it's true
(I hate all men including you)"

and

"I'm quite flattered that you think I'm cute
But I don't deal well with compacted poop"

Tussell
04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Even so, I don't think that makes him gay, just very secure with himself.
I never said it made him gay...