PDA

View Full Version : this could be a stupid question (netflix)

taylorxxx
04-15-2010, 08:15 AM
how exactly does netflix work if you have 2 xbox's?

can you log in at the same time?

share a queue?

(this obviously is just hypothetical) could you watch the same film, but on both consoles at the same time?

i've never had two xbox consoles, so cut me some goddamn slack here. hahaha.

EmporerDragon
04-15-2010, 09:02 AM
You would register both as a netflix streaming device for your netflix account. This will allow you to access your account's queue on either console.

I'm pretty sure you can stream from both at the same time, but you wold need 2 separate gold accounts (1 to be active on each system).

taylorxxx
04-15-2010, 09:03 AM
why thank you very much, kind sir.

gamerguy69
04-15-2010, 09:05 AM
I believe NetFLIX allows you to have multiple devices registered to a given account for streaming content. Computer, game console, set-top box, etc. It probably shouldn't matter if there are more than one of any given device -- i.e, 2 Xboxes or PCs.

However, there is a limit to the number of streams that you can have going at the same time. Probably 3, I'm not sure. It must be in their FAQ someplace.

Basically, you could be using the same NetFLIX account to stream content on 2 Xboxes at the same time -- doesn't necessarily have to be the same content though.

darkXhawk
04-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Last I knew you could have up to 6 devices.

taylorxxx
04-15-2010, 09:09 AM
wow, very nice info folks. much appreciated.

and they say the kindness of strangers is dead. hahahaha.

Iv AJay vI
04-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Last I knew you could have up to 6 devices.

Yeah, you can 6 devices registered, but you can only use up to 2 at a time.

bapae
04-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Yep exactly what you said you can watch with up to 3 xbox's at a time and you share the same movie list