PDA

View Full Version : How do you pick your Xbox Live friends?

spyder2g
04-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Do you only have close friends and family?

Do you include people you kinda know from work, school etc.?

Do you just accept anybody that asks?

Do you like to ask people to be your friend after playing with them online?

Do you not really care who or why, just want to get to 100 to be cool?

Any other reason why/why not?

I don't really play too many multi player games and if I do it's usually with one of my very few XBL friends, who are close friends I've know forever or my family. I guess I wouldn't mind having a few more friends if just to compare gamerscores and get bragging rights, but people do have a tendency to annoy me so I set my profile to appear offline much of the time.

VladimirK
04-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I add friends and family.
I'll add folks that are gonna be boosting with me aswell then delete them when I'm done, of course, some of them turn into actual friends, haha.

Random adds, I decline.

Lady Greaver
04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Most of my online friends are people that I know. I also accept friendrequest from people that are from trueachievements.com to boost games. For me is not popularity contest.

vetteindreams
04-15-2010, 01:40 PM
i add randoms, and often will send a request to someone that i have enjoyed competing against or with

none of my family games and i have few friends that are into console gaming

GreaseMonkeyGB
04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
friends, family. Then occasioanlly someone i meet over LIVE, but only if we've talked for a while lol

Filter x360a
04-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Same as other for the most part, friends and family. I have quite a few cool people from the forums and some good boosting partners that I know I can count on. But any random requests WITHOUT a message saying what they want are 100% denied.

LMC1
04-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I add friends and family, along with anyone who offers to boost. If they have a good personality I'll keep them as a friend, if not I'll remove them to make room for others.

dirge
04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Only friends and family with the exception of a few friends of my cousins which I have since gotten to know in real life too.

Nozza XBA
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I'd say 80% of people on my FR List are people I know in RL and the other 10% are my clan mates which I feel I know in RL as there good people and other people I play online with.

I dont really add randoms etc

adriano28
04-15-2010, 03:39 PM
i add anybody i know in real life (friends family and school peeps) and anybody who is nice on live.

sak7395
04-15-2010, 03:45 PM
i have good friends and no family coz they have ps3 but i add boosters and people seem to add me randomly on xbox, i guess giving away a care package makes friend ship lol.

guillermo316
04-15-2010, 03:51 PM
only friends from the real world. its weird when your real friends hang out with xboxlive ramdom people who are nice, they ignore you. i'm like i'm here`!!!!!

Mashew Tiernan
04-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I will add anyone that sends a request, but if they dont make any effort to be friends in 10 days i delete them. But any friends/family i find out have XBL i will add without a thought. :D

Burning Karma
04-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Real life friends, online friends, and then people I've played with that have become friends. I don't add random people that often nor do I keep people on my FR that I boost with unless I become friends with them.

yamayamayaamaa
04-15-2010, 04:29 PM
A mixture of people I really know and people from online like X360A and Capcom-Unity.

Mostly fighting game fanatics like myself.

ExtremeRugburn
04-15-2010, 04:50 PM
My core list consist of family members (my son, brother-in-law, cousins), the rest are people I have either met while playing multiplayer or here on this sight.

I never send a friend request unless someone specifically asks me for one and even then I will only do so if 1) we gamed together, got along, and had a good time, or 2) I met them here and we talked and boosted together.

In most cases when I meet people I liked gaming with I just put them on my preferred list, unless of course they ask for a friend request or send me one.

sleepydumbdude
04-15-2010, 05:25 PM
About this order
People I know in RL
People who are friends I play with from the people I know in RL
People on here that I actually play with a lot
random adds (i remove in about a week if they never message me telling me who or why they added)

90% of my list are friends or people I work with. Until xbox lets me group friends it will probably stay that way. Its rare if I add anyone I met online and keep them.

CodSteaks
04-15-2010, 05:40 PM
i have RL friends and family, some i found out played using the facebook matching thing. a bunch of people on my list are people from this site i've added for co-op gaming. i usually will keep people on my list even after i'm done with the game if i enjoyed playing with them.

vampire-san
04-15-2010, 05:42 PM
they have to play the game good if I add them for online multiplayer reasons and also be nice and a bit funny XD

bapae
04-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I pretty much add anyone thats not annoying/douche baggish/ or an all round dick to people.

storm python
04-15-2010, 05:53 PM
At present my friends list has 74people on it.
2 premier league footballers, a musician, 11 actual real life friends & 3 family members.
The rest are either people who have added me after playing a few games or people from forums like this.

ProtoEXE28
04-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I rarely add people I've played with on Live, most of the people on my Friends list are people I know IRL (work, friends), some people are people I know from other forums, and then there's a few people I don't even remember who they are.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
04-15-2010, 06:35 PM
I add a fair few amount of people I know about half of them but I don't mind adding people I don't know , I have a few people on there I like more than some people I know IRL and I may even be meeting up with one of them maybe IDK yet

kall5ter
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Do you only have close friends and family? yeah about 6 of them

Do you include people you kinda know from work, school etc.? yepp :) a few friends from school are on there

Do you just accept anybody that asks? nopee. some are pervs.

Do you like to ask people to be your friend after playing with them online? depends if i chat to them which is rare.

Do you not really care who or why, just want to get to 100 to be cool? i only have like 30.

Any other reason why/why not? nope,

Axe Argonian
04-15-2010, 06:48 PM
I usually ensure that my list comprises of forum friends and friendly gamers I've met that have earned my friendship during the time I've been on Live. Unfortunately most of my family members and friends don't have Live.

Sometimes, however, I just get lazy with my list and accept friend requests without question. Doing this usually leads to a "spring cleaning" session that results in many casualties on my list. :p

However, for the majority of the time, I politely decline random requests. If randoms give me a plausible reason for adding me, then I add them.

KelsieKatt
04-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I only add people who I talk to a lot. Be it online, or real life.

That's pretty much it. Although, I usually give people a chance for a bit if someone wants to be my friend, but if I don't really see the point after a while, I'll probably remove them.

R Rated Love
04-15-2010, 06:57 PM
90% are friends, family, and coworkers. The remaining are people I've played with, who we mutually add, but if we don't play again for a while, I just delete them.

iKhaotic
04-15-2010, 07:02 PM
i only add people i know in real life and people i've met online that i've talked to extensively and have a mutual friendship with

Gl0balHiT
04-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Most of the people I have added are friends from where I used to live and the rest are gaming buddies I've met over the years in other games.

The new ones are the ones I get along with online and have something to talk about it.

roulex
04-15-2010, 07:16 PM
I add friends and family.
I'll add folks that are gonna be boosting with me aswell then delete them when I'm done, of course, some of them turn into actual friends, haha.

Random adds, I decline.

What he said sums up my policy perfectly :)

DeekBoy
04-15-2010, 07:20 PM
almost all my friends are people that i know around my town or family but i have added a couple friends from this site and they turn into close gaming friends. random FR i decline or ask them how they got my GT

Ardenfast X360A
04-15-2010, 07:37 PM
I never just auto accept FRs even from people I may have played a few times. Generally it's people I know or have met through people I know. I like to keep my fr list short , below 20. I dont see the point of having loads.

Gawmonster
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Friends and family, definitely. Then people I have known through various online communities for some time. Finally, people I have gamed with on XBL over a period of time and gotten to know. I deny all random adds, but if it's someone I don't know and there's a message attached, I'll read first before denying.
Needless to say, my friends list isn't long. But it's clean.

Metal Tesla
04-15-2010, 08:03 PM
When it comes to adding people to my friends list, I'll add family/friends and if i get to know someone on xbl over a period of time or through xbl parties i'm with friends/family either i'll add them or they send me a friend request......

not fussed if i ever get 100 people on my friend list because

quality >>> quantity

Tgisme
04-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Mostly Friends and family. Only have a couple of people that I have played or boosted with I have actually kept on my list.

RuYi
04-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Friends only, since no one in my family has a 360. I don't accept random friend requests, but I won't deny them either. Usually I send them a message asking who they are, and decide later whether or not I want them in my list. Requests with an accompanied message usually get through.

RufftyMan
04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
I only add people I actually know. Friends and family basically.

dyenasty01
04-15-2010, 08:46 PM
I keep it to friends I know personally for the most part. If I play with someone a lot (such as a friend of a friend) then they usually end up on my list too.

R e e C e
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
only real close friends and family. I prefer to be able to play games like avatar and viva pinata without people going... How old are you???
:D

Juiceh
04-15-2010, 09:04 PM
I add only Brits, because they are simply awesome :P
But really.. my friendlist consists of IRLfriends, randoms and people I've gotten to play with much over the last couple of years. People who don't show their face once in a while in a party or I didn't play with much (or just random trolls), get a redirect to the invisible trashcan.

dakisbac
04-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Like most everyone else, I've got a few friends and family on there, but most of them are strangers.

I only keep people I talk to/play with often or people that are cool and dependable if I ever need to boost. Most people I have I met here and there are very few from meeting in multiplayer.

I never send out FRs myself unless it's to get organised for boosting (these people I usually end up deleting afterward) and I decline all random ones. If there's a message attached I might add. Also, anyone with GRAW in their recent games played gets denied automatically.

ac2565
04-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Family and friends.
If someone sends me a friend request and I don't know them they probably want to boost a game.
If I played a game with someone and liked playing with them I'll send them a friend request.

I have a few people on there I like more than some people I know IRL and I may even be meeting up with one of them maybe IDK yet

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/ac2565/chris-hansen.jpg

superandyt
04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Most of my friends list are actually people I know in real life...a few people from forums like these a few friends of friends who I've met in bigger team games....and finally just a few people I met via random match ups who I've had some good games with.

Sean Z Bear
04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
I keep my friends list to strictly people i play with on a regular basis. I can officaly fit all my friends on the screen without scrolling. Kind of nice :)

Genesis x360a
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
I dont add people to my FL and i dont accept random FR's. My list comprises of family, friends and some really kool people from this site. I never add people from playing online but if i get talking to somebody and there kool and they ask if they can send me a FR then 9/10 times ill accept it but if we dont speak or play online afterwards ill end up deleting them of my FL. Ive only ever had my FL full once and thats when got my first 360 but now i have around 30-40 who i speak to often and good friends with.

FigNewton85
04-15-2010, 09:27 PM
I think I have about ten friends at the moment. All of which I know personally. I play a lot of multiplayer games, and would be interested in joining a clan. It was easier to find a clan on the PS2 playing Socom...

TakahashiDemon
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
I have my BF on there.

Have a couple of people from online sites.

Sometimes.. if they message and stuff, if they dont they normally get off my friends list after awhile, if they add me and dont bother with me, then I just take it they wanted a extra friend.

Depends, if they were good and fun to play with.

I don't care about getting 100 friends, my friends list is very small at the moment and I couldn't really care less if it stays that way.

Stevo_safc
04-15-2010, 11:17 PM
People I know in person.

Blue Radium
04-16-2010, 12:17 AM
If there is anyone I know in real life who I am relatively good friends with, they get a spot on my friend list despite boosting habits, gamerscore habits, etc. I do not accept random friend requests, and if I do accept a friend request from someone random/I just met in a game, I will usually delete them as soon as we stop playing together. I never ask people to be my friend after playing with them. If there is someone who I spent a large amount of time boosting with, I might ask them to be my friend based on their completion, gamerscore, and how nice of a person they are. I keep my friend list at 30 people or less usually. For the most part, it's only filled with real life people, good boosting partners, and really good online friends/people I hang around with in parties on a daily basis. I do this because I don't want people I will never communicate with to be on my friend list. Only good real life friends, quality boosters, and my best online friends are on my friend list.

andami
04-16-2010, 02:23 AM
I'm not picky at all. I accept everyone, unless my FL starts filling up, then I delete the ones that never get on and others that I never play.

CRAZY 7
04-16-2010, 02:30 AM
My friends and family and people I boost with and people I meet and hit it off with while online.

Delmaru
04-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Just real life friends and family. I don't accept randoms (not that I get any, lol) unless they come with a message. Though I really don't know, I haven't got many friends anyway.

Iv AJay vI
04-16-2010, 05:05 AM
I decline any requests from people I don't know. Even from this site, if a message doesn't come with the request, and I don't feel like looking through the list of games played to figure out who they are, they get declined.

Exterminator
04-16-2010, 05:18 PM
I only add my friends and family. I dont usually except randoms but if I do I delete them within the next month. Unless I play with them alot and become friends.

Contrah
04-16-2010, 05:24 PM
I have just friends, family, a few work colleagues on my f/l I also have a few people from my old 360 gaming team still on my friends list.

GhostFalcon3
04-16-2010, 05:43 PM
I know about all of my freinds accept ten of them so yeah pretty much all of them.
I nearly always decline random freind requests

lespaul00
04-16-2010, 05:58 PM
I usually don't accept random requests. Guess it depends on how well we played together and how well we got along while playing.

AltruismIsDead
04-17-2010, 12:39 AM
At first it originally started out with friends and family members.

Then it started to become random invites, then delete them after they made no effort to talk or anything. Now I am just too lazy to delete some of them. I really hate having a huge friends list.

But now I recently hooked up with a bunch of awesome as hell boosting people, whom we all met through a mutually retarded friend oddly. Every day I have time to play on xbox I can come across at least 3 or 4 parties of people that are boosting something.

Now I need to go and start deleting these randoms that I've haven't talked to in ages.

FallenAngelEyes
04-17-2010, 12:43 AM
My list is mostly friends, no family members with a 360. I have both IRL friends and online friends that I've known for a long time/are close with, as well as guildmates and such. I've never gotten any random requests, as I mostly play with people I know online, rather than PUGs.

OMG I GOT SHOT
04-17-2010, 12:59 AM
I mostly have friends i know IRL but sometimes I add people I meet up with on MW 2 for a good game because they're good and are a good sport and don't cuss (as far as I'm aware of).

sk83rty
04-17-2010, 02:44 AM
Well, I've had a 360 for almost 6 months exactly now. At first my friend list was all people I knew in real life (which was quite a few) as I didn't often use game chat at first in games, and didn't really meet people. But as I started to play other modes in Modern Warfare 2 than Ground War and started playing Halo again and messing around in custom games I began to meet people. But also Griffball introduced me to a lot of my buddies I have now over live. Anybody who was a great teammate...well I'd usually add them afterwords so the domination could continue. And I met some of my friends friends and stuff. But yeah, that's pretty much it. I sometimes accept random invites but I ignore them depending on who it is. There have been some pretty stupid people that have tried to add me.

Xylon Uxkid
04-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Friends and some friendly people for boost some achievement, or some nice player that I met in a game.

gary1963
04-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I add most people that send a FR you never know you might need a hand on a game at some point;)
most people are nice and friendly

Bleeding Star
04-17-2010, 11:45 AM
So far they are only people I know in real life

chelseaman99
04-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Anybody I know in real life, then I just accept anybody who wants to add me. Sometimes I send friend requests from people who are good at Nazi Zombies too, or revive you in normal multiplayer in CoD WaW.

I've got 82 at the minute, but when I get 100 I'll probably boot a load off who are hardly ever on.

Jennamarae
04-17-2010, 03:33 PM
The only people on mine at the moment are family. I don't ever play the online parts of games though so that's why.

Vonzipper
04-17-2010, 03:59 PM
If a random person sends a request I won't accept it. Simple as that.

I choose my friends on XBL through:
Real friends
Family
People who need help
Online friends
People who help me

There's no point in me having a whole list of people who I've never talked to in my friends list. (Plus it makes looking for my actual friends in the friend list harder) :p

Wolfgg
04-17-2010, 04:39 PM
my friends list is about full, I recognize very few of the people on their, we never exchange messages or game invites, but I imagine they were added after a kickass night of multiplayer gaming and they must have been pretty cool(I hope), the way I see it is they have decided to keep me on their friends list and if they decide to go "angry animal crossing" and leave town kicking me off their buddy list atleast we had that one night stand in a multiplayer game(I realise the innuendo), probably shared some laughs and had intentions of playing together more. The rest of my friends list is populated with xbox original friends who havent been on since 360 came out, I keep their names in commermoration since these were people that I gamed with daily, created clans with (Counter Strike xbox as example) and their are just solid memories their, imagine if they log back on one of these days, would be a nice reunion. New additions to my friends list is not an open book though, I like to have a core group to play with, the rest or filler friends ya could say aren't causing any harm, maybe one of these days we will reconnect and stumble on eachother in a new game.

DetroitSniper
04-17-2010, 04:42 PM
I just add people who are either from Detroit. Or if they are just cool....really. With that i have a group of about 30 friends who all play together...weve all known each other for about 3 years now.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Pretty much I'll add any of my friends/family that have a 360 or a PS3. As for anyone else? Usually if I meet someone when I'm playing online - It's mostly been on Call of Duty - If we start chatting while we play, I'll usually get an invite. Or, if I'm playing with some friends and I'm playing with friends of theirs a lot, I'll get an invite from them.

Evo Kazz
04-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Almost all my FL is from this site lol.

Mightymango
04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Real life and gamerscore conquests.

Various websites I am on tend to get me a lot of friend requests, I dont have enough room for everyone that asks though.

I Am NeroTag
04-17-2010, 09:14 PM
If I boost with some one and I would send them a FR and if I get a Random it gets Deleted:woop:

domn8rdom
04-17-2010, 10:13 PM
I know everyone on my friends list. Mostly friends through school or work. and the rest are all from my rainbow six vegas days. I dont accept randoms to often but if i do i delete them if i dont play with them or whatever. I delete friends constantly.

I FR people on x360a.org for achievements but once its over i delete them. Especially if they have a higher gamerscore hahaha

Kamakazi Pear
04-17-2010, 10:20 PM
I add someone if - I know them IRL (friends/family), they are funny, they boost many games with me, or I can speak with them easily and we get along well.

DarkestofFlames
04-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Friends and family are priority. I usually add anyone who requests to be friends, but if they prove themselves to be jerks or only wanted to be added because they want to hit on me- then I remove them.

njdevils17
04-17-2010, 10:31 PM
My Xbox Live friends list consists of real life friends, friends/family of real life friends, boosting people from this site, and people I randomly meet while playing a game and find them to be good players (many from Rainbow Six Vegas 2).

ArtisticSyn
04-17-2010, 10:58 PM
with the exception of, like, two people. Everyone on my friends list is someone i know in real life. but no one plays the games I do...

I'm always looking for people to play with :P

PurpleSkwid
04-18-2010, 12:32 AM
I add anybody I know IRL as soon as they request me.

Then I have a couple of friends from another forum, and my brother's friends (mainly just so when they turn up at our house I have a vague idea of who they are.)

I generally decline any random adds, especially from the people who just play Halo.

Maybe if I got a random add from somebody who was Borderlands obsessed, or played a music game once in a while, I'd accept, but not from somebody who has like, 5G in Halo and that's it.

Starstrukk X360A
04-18-2010, 12:42 AM
I only add people I actually know; never been fond of adding strangers :]

Especially the creepy ones.

I have about 20 people total on my friends list, and I like that, as I don't get a "xxx is online" every 5 seconds.
Must suck for those with a full friends list. =P

Skifer
04-18-2010, 12:44 AM
i only add people i boost with, or people i know well enough to like =p ...lol... ive 21 friends, just becouse i do a lot of boosting and only keep the few i like =p OCD Skifer is mah tag.....if you need help hit me up...If anyboddy is lookin for someboddy to boost with in halo wars, Gears or war 2, or MW2, please tell me =) ill help you, im free all week pretty much.

Barack BEAUbama
04-18-2010, 12:46 AM
I only add people I know. I find it akward having a friend online that you don't know in real life, just a waste of space to me. If I ever add someone I met online - I only play with them once and after that we never even talk again.

Spoony Bard
04-21-2010, 05:04 AM
I'll take anyone on as a friend, no questions asked. Only got about a dozen right now so I don't need to be picky about who gets on. They're mostly people from here that I've traded Achievements with, but a few from random play. None of my family or friends are on my list because they're all dirty Sony loyalists.

One of the great things about the new Game Room I've noticed is that I'll occasionally get challenges from people I haven't seen online in ages. Lets me know they're still alive, and get some friendly play/boosting in.

hippymanjas
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM
I only pick people I know. Mainly because they are my friends.

Similarly, I'm a quiet guy online, so don't really make the use of the in game chat to make new team buddies :p

mmartynn
04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
i have friends ive know for along time in real life on there.
i have my brothers and cousin on there.
i also have friends from the halo 2 days. but apart from them, i dont add anyone else really.

yes, my friend list only has 10 people on it :P

Swizzler
04-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Apart from a few RL friends and family on my friends list i never get friend requests, probably cause i dont usually play multiplayer and when i do i dont use my mic.

marKot1k
04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
2 premier league footballers

Huh? No shit...

So who are they - its okay, I dont wanna know their Gamertags or anything - just interested in finding out if its anyone I like :)

KostinKid
04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4767&stc=1&d=1271850451

Exceptions to chart:
High Gamerscore (potential booster)
I know them personally
From x360a.org/xboxamerica.com
From my State

killer297
04-21-2010, 12:02 PM
well it depends most of the people on my friends lists are people who i know in real life but some of the people that are on my friends lists are people mainly of who i have either added to boost some achievements or that they have added them through skill by playing a game.

Xavygravy
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I only add real-life friends, friends of those friends, and achievement buddies.

Ozbaab
04-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I don't like random friend requests.
I think it's absolutly USELESS to add someone who's playing the same online game as you are.
It's one thing if you're really good at a game and add someone who's also very good at the same game. But simply playing a game with someone you have on you're list, not saying anything to eachother, just playing the same game online is in my eyes completely useless and I tend to just delete ppl who add me for that reason

BoomBullet
04-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I decline random friend requests. However, if I had a good chat with people while playing with them for the first time, I wouldn't bother adding them.

MaliciousMac
04-21-2010, 04:19 PM

Any other reason why/why not?

I don't really play too many multi player games and if I do it's usually with one of my very few XBL friends, who are close friends I've know forever or my family. I guess I wouldn't mind having a few more friends if just to compare gamerscores and get bragging rights, but people do have a tendency to annoy me so I set my profile to appear offline much of the time.
I have close friends and family, a few workmates, and I occasionally send a request to be friends with someone I have just spent like 4 hours playing with or against if they are talkative and know which way to point thier guns. lol Made two friends just like that and have had them for over 2 years. I consider them both close friends now.

KashThePriest
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't send out friend requests, I have a few people that I know (most of my friends have a PS3 so not many) and some people that I met in forums that happen to be a gamer too

DemonATX
04-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Through Trueachievements.com!

DreddPirate Rob
04-22-2010, 06:00 AM
I have like 17 ppl on my list 90% of them are ppl i know irl(friends, family, coworkers, etc.) The rest are ppl i met online or here and had a good time gaming. Dont have anything against randoms its just that i play with the same ppl most of the time so i hardly meet new ppl on LIVE.

PaperThinWalls
04-22-2010, 06:45 AM
I accept any family member for the most part. Accept anyone I'm familiar with. Accept anyone I had a fun time playing with.

Just like most of you, I pretty much just decline random friend invites (and I got good amount of them from being on Bungie Favorites).

Verillion
04-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Most people on my friends list are from people I have met playing on XBL, or from friends of friends.

chelseaman99
04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Anybody who's decent at CoD, is friendly, my friends, and anybody who sends me a friend request. Got 84, so I'm gonna delete a few people.

$RebelG
04-22-2010, 08:42 PM
I used to get random adds all the time. I don't totally mind them, if they you know..actually talk to you or want to maybe play the same games. But I never understood people who added me and then never ever talked to me. Needless to say I went through and deleted them. Now I usually except and give it maybe a month to see if they ever talk to me or anything, if not deleted.

A lot of my friends don't really play Xbox :( so most of the people on there are a couple RL friends and then pretty much people that I met, and play with on another forum.

Hugo rules95
04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Friends/ People from school.
People that I've been speaking to/playing with in a game for a while.
People that I will be boosting with.
I decline all random friend requests athough in the first week that I had xbox live, I did accept 2 random ones, lol.

Spencer Estate
04-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Right now I'm not too picky, because not a whole lot of people even know me or my gamertag. If someone sends me one, I'll accept it right now.

Shaunous
04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Just people i know, i don't like my friends list cluttered with people who i'm not going to play anything with. Seems a bit pointless having 100 friends, your not going to play regularly with them all are you.

Mr DDT
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Delete Boosters , Random FRS Some turn into friends ... lol

Pepsity
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Well, I started out and still have mostly friends and family on my friends. But after player a few games with live, I've made a few more. If you're able to talk shit with each other while getting things done, sounds like a new friend to me!

Mr DDT
04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
lol Fallout > Talkshit > Kiss and Make up

Meto741
04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I add anyone I know in real life, and pretty much anyone who's not a douchebag/ needs help ith acheivments.

Macehole
05-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Only real life friends....must be why no ones on my friends list :(

Coxy x360a
05-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Friends and family and people I know.

Oh, and I few people I used to play Halo 3 customs with, but they are as good as gone now :p

Wreckabilly
05-15-2010, 09:47 AM
I have very few people on my friendslist. People annoy me and I delete them. I don't really play multiplayer a whole bunch anyways.

newbsicle
05-15-2010, 10:27 AM
The people I try to add are those who will help me with their expertise and whom I can help with mine. Mainly boosters.

I do have a few friends and family that I never play with on my list.

Then I also have xbl friends who have been on my friends list for years and who I talk to and play with all the time.

Lastly there are people who at one time I was friends with but they either don't play much any more or never return my messages. I should probably delete these people.

OFF TOPIC: I know xbox live is planning on raising the cap of friends to above 100. The problem I see with that is I have very few good friends on live. And right now many of the people I keep on as buffer between me and random friend requests I receive daily. It would be cool if you could cap your friends list to whatever you want. Having 60 would be more than enough for me.

Perfection I
05-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I add friends and family. Will only accept friend requests if they have helped me out and i've had a good chat with them. Found some good friends but nowadays good friends on Xbox LIVE are hard to find lol.

KeepEmRolling
05-15-2010, 02:17 PM
1. Friends in real life
2. People I've met either by playing with them, or hooking up to get achievements. If I enjoy playing with them, they remain on my friends list. I've met a lot of really great people this way.

SnakeIntheboX
05-15-2010, 02:27 PM
People I know outside of LIVE, or sites like this :drunk

Madvillain 89
05-16-2010, 02:48 PM
My fl consists of family, real life friends, people i've met on multiplayer and a couple i've talked to online forums.

Back when I first joined xbl (almost 3 years ago) the community seemed better place. Things have changed since then as there's more trash talkers and the decent folk are mostly in party chat now. I use this feature as well but I must admit I miss the banter with like-minded people from back in the day.

Agent Earl
05-16-2010, 05:16 PM
i only have ppl i know, i never add ppl i meet online, just end up not playing with them and takes up room

Arkalivan
05-16-2010, 05:21 PM
It might be an odd tactic but I friend anyone that annoys me. Anyone that gives me a challenge is a friend worth having in my book. Other than that they just have to be mature.

iPwnedYourSister
05-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I usuly only add, Friends, People that ive had fun playing with/good conversation with. And people that are some what good.

Kirye
05-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Eh, if they send me a request I just accept. Unless they start bothering me, or sending messages to everyone on their list about crap I don't care about "Hey guys, the new map pack for MW2 comes out tomorrow!". Delete.

Billy69
05-16-2010, 08:52 PM
I add people that I boost with and that I could count on to boost some achievements but other than that randoms get declined also people sending a message that they could do 10th prestige get blocked

iPwnedYourSister
05-16-2010, 08:56 PM
I usuly only add, Friends, People that ive had fun playing with/good conversation with. And people that are some what good.
Also forgot to add i add girls 2. XD

Deyankees1
05-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I have alot of RL friends on my list about 30, then there's Gears players if your good at the game and I played with you I dont mind adding its hard to find players that's up there skill wise with my friends and me not trying to sound cocky but its true. Also if your from this site I dont mind adding. But I dont boost games anymore as I dont really play for achievements that much but if someone sees a games I have and wants to I wouldn't mind helping out.

S C R I B E
05-16-2010, 11:12 PM
I mostly have real life friends on my friends list.

If ive had a good game with someone then ide add them. if we stopped playing that game together and do not speak or play game in a long while ile delete them.

I also add people to boost with then will delete after both of use have what we want.

Darth Grif55
05-16-2010, 11:28 PM
People that are funny & can talk about nerdy things that I like (games, movie & comics :D ). I don't 'l3g1t pr0z' though.

ZundayXx
05-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Everyone that send me a FR, unless he/she has a gamertag containing 1337, i usually delete them a week or two later, tough.

And ofcourse, friends ( Including awesome live people and real life friends )

Clockwerk0range
05-17-2010, 08:47 AM
I started with just having people I knew but nowadays I'll add randoms who I've played and clicked with.

Though I am really bad at inviting people to game and I am usually not too social on Live so most of the randoms usually end up deleting me after awhile.

Iconoclast
05-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Very carefully. I add people I know IRL. And a number of people I've met online in games like RB2 and even MW2 (very few).

When I sign into Xbox Live I consistently have about 5 or 6 pending friend requests on a regular basis. People usually make it really easy to decline their request though, because after asking them who they are, they usually respond with something like "someone" or "I just want to be your friend"...normally I have to play a game of cat and mouse to try and figure out if I want people on my friends list, but these people in particular just make it so damn easy to decline. Just because I'm a chick does NOT mean I want you on my friends list. Especially if your balls haven't dropped. Sheesh.

dave1707
05-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Most of the people I have on my list are people I know in real life, I have about 15-20 people I have met through various games. If I get a random friend request it just gets ignored unless they include a message saying who they are and why they are adding me. I may also accept them if their gamertag or bio amuses me.

Bolt
05-17-2010, 06:39 PM
at least 90% of my friends are people I know outside of live and the rest are people I've met online who were cool.

Ji E Toy
05-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Mostly people I play with on quite a regular basis (Like every week), a couple of real life friends (Not that many play xbox... Should hook them up:P). Also all random invites are declined unless I saw you in the server a moment ago. You will be deleted if I don't meet you again soon enough though. No need to build real friendships online.

Andreas_loel
05-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Mostly irl friends, i get a shitload of friends when drunk thou. I used to play H3 drunk on my friends tag and thanks to that he got around 5 random people on his friendslist :D

Last 2 guys i added was from a weekend a while back when we played some snd after getting home from a party, they were amused by the 3 drunk swedes running around screaming about the aim being off.

EchoPark
05-18-2010, 01:11 AM
I dont pick my friends they pick me lol. Nah most of them are ppl i know. If ppl wish to add me they can. Thats how i go about it

SOADFan64
05-18-2010, 02:34 AM
I regularly play with my friends over Xbox Live, but I rarely add people I've met over Xbox Live. I decline random requests, too.

GhOsT SLaYeR
05-18-2010, 03:05 AM
Well back in CoD2 days (when I was in clans) I always had 100 friends due to you had to set up matches and stuff so I'd have people from other clans on.. that and always played with them..
Now I'd say 70% people I know in real life and 30% old clan people or people that are cool and I like playing w/ over xbl..
I usually don't accept f/r as I don't want Randy's on my list that I'll never play with. So Right now i think i got 50 friends.

Braiiins
05-18-2010, 03:32 AM
I don't have that many friends (in my opinion), like less than 20. It's a mix of people I know/family, people from here that I worked on achievements with, and few random people that sent me friends requests. Plus two random people that my brother talked to in CoD and added me when he spent the night at my house once.

poppaduff
05-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Usually from on here..
I never accept random FR
Im pretty picky on who is on my freinds list.
I usually hold all my interviews for FR on Mondays

SubG3nius
05-24-2010, 03:21 PM
I almost only have friends I know IRL, close friends and stuff like that, I don't think I have anyone from this site :S

Sometimes random friends adds me from games and stuff, some I accept some not.

FullMetaru
05-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Most of my friends on XBL are RL friends and family, as well as buddies in another forum+IRC I hang out in whom I've known for years. Other than that, it's usually when I play some shooters, they talked a lot during the game to help the team win, and we chat it up in several pregame lobbies.

JesusBread
05-24-2010, 05:03 PM
I only have 2 people I don't know on my Friend's List. They are only on my friend's list because they are good at Gears of War 2 and usually get parties of 5 going. It's the best way for me to grind to level 100 and I hate playing Gears 2 on my own.

KidDivinegon
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
most of my friends are actually legit acquaintances but I have a few that I met online and stuck around with. It's always good to have a few random connections out there!

Kharneth8
05-24-2010, 07:20 PM
People who seem competent and are capable of teamwork, though that can come back to bite you in the arse. I played with these two dudes on BF:BC1 and we were great together, but once one of them left, the other turned into a complete retard who couldn't follow basic infantry tactics to save his children's lives.

Tussell
05-24-2010, 07:35 PM
No, however, I do have a lot of my close friends on my friends list.

A majority of the people on my list went to High School with me.

No, in fact, I have a lot of pending requests.

I rarely ask people to be my friends on Live.

Definitely not, in fact, I hate a full friends list.

Sambuca Queen
05-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Most are real life friends, 1 was an ex before I deleted him, my brother and some people from the boards. I dont mind people sending me requests, sometimes I clean up my list and someone can get deleted accidently :/

littlemissymoo
05-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Only have people that I know on my friends list, never accept adds from people that I do not know ever.

I also accept people that are on my facebook and add me that way. Unless I know you face to face because I have had a few bad encounters in the past when I accepted anyone when first got an xbox.

wildlatics09
05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
friends, friends of a friend etc. and also my boosting buddies, some of whom are overseas, such as America :D

rattlesnake
05-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Most of my friends are people i have met online and had good times playing with. But quite a few are boosting people i played with and enjoyed talking to them so we decided to stay oneline m8's.

I only have about, 8 real life friends online cause most of my other friends own ps3.