PDA

View Full Version : Xbox.com Achievement List Problems

Channel 8 News
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Has anyone else had problems with the list of achievements on xbox.com? I have found that many achievements are not showing up on the list. It is easiest to notice the problem when I have completed the missing achievement, but even ones I have not completed are not showing up. I have taken some screen shots to illustrate my point.

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/10of12.jpg/
http://img444.imageshack.us/i/10of122.jpg/

As you can see from these pictures, I have unlocked ten Sonic & Knuckles achievements, but only six are displaying as unlocked. The two unlocked achievements bring the total to 8. Four are missing (Chaos Emerald - 15pts, Extra Hedgehog - 10pts, Two Sided - 10pts, and Extra!Extra! - 10pts). Note that it is impossible to earn Please Continue without first earning Extra!Extra! The total number of points and achievements are correct, but the list is simply missing all of them. All of these achievements were earned online, most during sessions where I earned achievements that DO show up on the list. When I access my achievements on the Xbox360 all of the achievements are correctly displayed.

Further screen shots:

http://img44.imageshack.us/i/4of12.jpg/

This shot of the Bejeweled 2 list shows I have unlocked 4 achievements for 60 pts, but the list only shows two unlocked achievements. The missing two are Puzzle Mode - 10pts, and Action Mode - 10pts. Note that it is impossible to earn Cognito Mode without first earning Puzzle Mode.

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/7of36.jpg/

This missing achievement in this screen shot is the T'Pol Award - 30pts. This achievement was unlocked simultaneously with Captain Archer Award - 50pts.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are the same achievements missing across all lists? I first noticed this problem a month or two ago, and it seems to have affected almost every achievement list, even for games I've never even played.

TakahashiDemon
04-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Play the game online first? if you been playing offline thats maybe why they not showing up.

Channel 8 News
04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
As I said in my original post, all achievements were earned online.

Fizzmatix
04-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Your achievements will show up soon enough. It's known issue with the site. It has happened to lots of people. My best guess is down to Microsoft messing around with the system.

All the achievements you have earned will show up at some point. I have had achievements I've earned not show up for a few days, then they just re-appear.

Channel 8 News
04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
But this isn't a matter of achievements I've earned not updating on this site for a day or two. I'm talking about entire achievements being missing for months. It's as if that achievement doesn't even exist.

When you view my games played on xbox.com, do you see the achievements I've listed as being missing?

Pashos
04-15-2010, 10:11 PM
But this isn't a matter of achievements I've earned not updating on this site for a day or two. I'm talking about entire achievements being missing for months. It's as if that achievement doesn't even exist.

When you view my games played on xbox.com, do you see the achievements I've listed as being missing?

I've noticed this with my achievements as well. It doesn't really matter though, because it still says that you have the correct amount of achievements, they just don't show up.

ExtremeRugburn
04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
My buddy has 78 of 79 Gears of War 2 achievements, yet his score is a full 1750 of 1750. Go Figure.

Fizzmatix
04-15-2010, 10:12 PM

That's what i was addressing. I wasn't talking about offline or achievements you haven't earned. Xbox.com has been displaying some tiles and data but not others. When i compare some odd games to other people i don't see all the achievements.

I have had several achievements i just earned not show but they are on my card. Then a week alter they have decided to show again. Like i said before, i think Microsoft are doing something with the site and database. If that is the case it may cause lists and data to display incorrectly.

This issue affects either online or offline achievements or earned or non earned ones.

Channel 8 News
04-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Okay, maybe this will make things more clear. Check out this screen shot for Geometry Wars Evolved 2.

http://img72.imageshack.us/i/4missinglockedachieveme.jpg/

As you can see, I've only unlocked 7 out of 12 achievements, which should leave five left locked. Locked achievements are displayed at the bottom of the list, but in this picture we see only ONE locked achievement (Treaty)! Where are the other four (Slalom, Wax Off, Game Over, and Smile)?

Channel 8 News
04-15-2010, 10:17 PM
So you have different achievements sort of phase in and out? For me it's the same ones, across all profiles I view, and it's been constant for at least two months.

Channel 8 News
04-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I've noticed this with my achievements as well. It doesn't really matter though, because it still says that you have the correct amount of achievements, they just don't show up.

When you look at the games I've mentioned in this thread, are the same achievements missing for you?

I agree that it's not a catastrophe or anything, but it is irritating, as xbox.com would otherwise be the best site for comparing your achievements to those of your friends and strangers, as you don't have to opt in to have your records stored there, like this site for example.

Pashos
04-15-2010, 10:54 PM
When you look at the games I've mentioned in this thread, are the same achievements missing for you?

Yup, they are missing. Microsoft will probably fix it eventually. Like at the end of last year all achievements earned in November, I think, showed up as being unlocked in December and that was fixed. Every achievement earned last month also shows up as being unlocked this month, or maybe it was February to March, I don't think that's been fixed yet, though.

Also, please don't triple post. There is an edit button for a reason.

BlackTitan666
04-16-2010, 01:55 AM
I've been having that problem also

ImmortalArbiter
05-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Okay, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's having this issue. It really annoys me, and I hope they get it sorted soon (yeah, right).

Asariel
05-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Noticed this myself the other day as well. Doesn't really bother me as the achievements still unlock plus the XY/ZZ and gamerscore totals are correct but it gave me a few moments of headscratching. More curious as to what's causing it.

TheDeadspace
05-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I had the same problem. Turns out AdBlock makes things go funny on xbox.com. After I disabled it for the site, everything went back to how it should be.

Asariel
05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
I had the same problem. Turns out AdBlock makes things go funny on xbox.com. After I disabled it for the site, everything went back to how it should be.

Cheers for that, I'd just recently installed it (damn Pepsi Ad lagging me comp out). Working fine now. :)

daswheels
05-24-2010, 06:42 PM

Thank you! This has been bugging me for awhile, and disabling AdBlock fixed it for me as well.

ImmortalArbiter
05-25-2010, 03:29 AM

+1 to you good sir. Thanks a bunch!