PDA

View Full Version : Kick-Ass = Beyond Awesome

SynysterChris
04-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Got back from the 10pm screening of Kick-Ass. And I must say it was probably the best movie I have seen in a long time. Easily the top 10 movies I have ever seen. Go see this movie NOW. :drunk

DeekBoy
04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
what made it such a great movie because the commercials make it look really lame

B1GM13
04-16-2010, 09:58 AM
the commercials do not do it justice at all man.

i was excited to watch it anyways, but after it was just so much better then i had expected.

graphic, brilliant acting on Nic Cages part as well as the girl who plays 'Hit Girl'

just so much more to it then the trailers make out. without a doubt best film i've seen so far this year. a definite purchase when its out on dvd!

Nozza XBA
04-16-2010, 10:12 AM
I love Nick in this.. He's pure genious!

The move was great and seeing it a bunch of my pals make the atmosphere much better!

"Which one of you C**ts wants to die first?" - Best line from a 12yr old EVER!

MelangeAddict
04-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Wanna seeit tonight

DeekBoy
04-16-2010, 06:17 PM
the commercials do not do it justice at all man.

i was excited to watch it anyways, but after it was just so much better then i had expected.

graphic, brilliant acting on Nic Cages part as well as the girl who plays 'Hit Girl'

just so much more to it then the trailers make out. without a doubt best film i've seen so far this year. a definite purchase when its out on dvd!

i just might take your word for it and watch it! i will report back after i see it. thanks

sleepydumbdude
04-16-2010, 06:18 PM
seeing it in 3 hours, took a half day from work for it

MelangeAddict
04-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Saw after my doctors visit instead of goig back to work (would have only been an hours worth). Holy shit it, forgive me, kicked ass.

I always wanted a bazooka too

zslux
04-17-2010, 05:04 AM
incredible movie, go see it.

Massa Siggy
04-17-2010, 05:06 AM
I've been dying to see this, and I'm happy now to hear that it's not a total flop.

Possibly seeing it tomorrow :D

synister EFFECT
04-17-2010, 06:52 AM
I went to see it, and lo and behold, me and my friends show up to the theater and Kick-Ass isn't playing in our city :( Guess I can wait till it comes out on DVD...

A ZombieTwinkie
04-17-2010, 07:33 AM
A few friends of mine said it was an awesome movie. Going to have to go take the girlfriend to it tomorrow. Glad it's as good as everyone's saying it is.

elephantd
04-17-2010, 01:35 PM
I may be the only one on these fourms, but i just thought it was a mehh movie. Big Daddy and Hit Girl worked great together though. Mclovin and Kick-ass's acting seemed to be on the down side. Idk the movie didn't convince me enough i guess.

Best part for me:
Everything is going fine sir
THEN WHY ARE YOU GRABBING THE BAZOOKA

Pumkinstew
04-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Loved it. :D

And the best use of music in a movie I've seen for ages.

Louis BCFC1875
04-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Surpised everyone hasn't already saw it, been out for a month, was a good film, action was very good and had funny elements in it.

sleepydumbdude
04-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Just came out everywhere here in the states yesterday.

Loved the movie, it was great.

A friend I went with liked it but was upset that it wasn't a comedy Superhero Movie... why would I want to go see a movie like that but whatever he's stupid.

sixgun91
04-17-2010, 04:29 PM
it was awesome. and they kept it true to the comics but changed just enough to make it interesting for ones who havent read them.

5 outta 5

specVjavi
04-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Saw it last night, it was awesome. Hit girl was Kick ass.

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
04-18-2010, 03:02 AM
Awesome movie. Good start for Chloe Moretz (Hit Girl) and good movie to add to Nick Cages career. Pretty hilarious, but also had bad-azz action. I recommend going to see over some of the other movies coming out.

Faytal
04-18-2010, 03:03 AM
lol on my way to see it right now w00t and 10 posts FTW

SynysterChris
04-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Yes this was seriously one of the Best movies ever in my opinion. I wasn't even upset with the changes they made Comic verses Movie. I welcomed most of them, Though I wish they would have kept the twists from the comic over to the movie. But hey It was still awesome.

MrFresh
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Hit Girl was the shit!, Kick ass was 5 Stars!

Volzagia
04-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Awesome film, Big Daddy and Hit-Girl were amazing.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Has to be the best part by an 13 year old ever! Chloe Moretz nailed Hit-Girl spot on. Nic Cage did a damn good job as Big-Daddy. And Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Aaron Johnson both equally pulled off their parts. Definitely going to have to see it again.

Iconoclast
04-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Terrible. Paperbag humour and a storyline hollower than Long John Silver's left leg. Ugh, people always criticize politicians and governments but openly accept garbage handed to them on a silver platter via today's media. Fail.

DiamondD
04-19-2010, 06:45 AM
Terrible. Paperbag humour and a storyline hollower than Long John Silver's left leg. Ugh, people always criticize politicians and governments but openly accept garbage handed to them on a silver platter via today's media. Fail.

I think my heart stopped beating for five minutes I was laughing so hard at that line. Regardless I'm going to have to go and see it and see what all the hype's about. My B-Day's in a few days and I'm debating what movie to see, Kick-Ass or The Losers this weekend.

JJ UK
04-19-2010, 07:57 AM

Or perhaps some people just have different opinions, I'm sure someone out there is agreeing with every decision that comes from the Governments!

But I seriously loved this film, Nic Cage played the GREATEST part in the entire movie - If i'm honest without him, the film wouldn't have been half as great

Kaiyo
04-19-2010, 08:28 AM
OMG, it was awesome.
The commercials made it look bad and it wasn't...

The Pants Party
04-19-2010, 11:49 AM

You have the same name as my wife, and like my wife, I'm going to direct you in the direction of Sex and the City 2 coming out in a few months.

If you don't like this movie, you most likely don't like geek humor, gratuitous violence and hilarious over-the-topness. It's not rocket science. This is a film based on a comic book that was meant to be ridiculous, shocking and edgy. If you criticize it for those points, you're entirely missing the point and saw it for entirely the wrong reasons. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

catoboll
04-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Should I read the comic before seeing the movie? Or is it more thrilling not reading it?

chickenhead87
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Id say watch the movie then read the comic thats what i did that way nothing will be spoiled and youll be able to go back and make comparisons but its awesome great movie.

catoboll
04-19-2010, 01:16 PM
alrighty thanx for the info:D

JJ UK
04-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Should I read the comic before seeing the movie? Or is it more thrilling not reading it?

I remember reading that Movie and Comic were created at the same time, but that they both veer in different directions around the mid point, I'd say do which ever you prefer first - as watching or reading one will probably ruin the other for you

The Pants Party
04-19-2010, 07:33 PM
There isn't much difference between the movie and comic, to be honest. The outcome of the relationship Kick-Ass and his girl is vastly different, though I won't say anything else as not to spoil either. And the whole Red Mist thing in the comic is a HUGE plot twist where in the movie it is spelled out from the get-go. I would recommend the comic first for that simple fact, actually.

SynysterChris
04-19-2010, 09:26 PM
You have the same name as my wife, and like my wife, I'm going to direct you in the direction of Sex and the City 2 coming out in a few months.

If you don't like this movie, you most likely don't like geek humor, gratuitous violence and hilarious over-the-topness. It's not rocket science. This is a film based on a comic book that was meant to be ridiculous, shocking and edgy. If you criticize it for those points, you're entirely missing the point and saw it for entirely the wrong reasons. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Couldn't have said it better if I tried. I don't get how anyone could have not liked this. My friends were the same way with the trailers and said that I was retarted to want to see this movie. But I told them it would be awesome and so we all went to the 10pm eairly showing and they loved it.

By the way on an totaly unrelated note, thanks for telling me about the comic on a thread about this back before the movie relased. The comic was awesome so thanks for mentioning it. Though I didn't care for the very end of the comic though.

Iconoclast
04-19-2010, 10:15 PM

I just lol'd. Because I actually care about your opinion. Really, I do.

The Pants Party
04-19-2010, 10:52 PM
It's the internet, honey. You gave your opinion first, so don't pretend you're too good for a discussion on something and take the role of Internet Tough Guy. Back yourself up.

Was it misogynistic of me to suggest SATC? Probably, but I was just getting my point across. You didn't like the movie for the very reasons that I, and pretty much everyone else who posted in here, did enjoy it. If you don't like those things, what the hell did you see Kick-Ass for in the first place? You know, not that I care or anything.

(Being dismissive of others on the internet is cool!)

Filter x360a
04-19-2010, 11:07 PM
I liked the movie. I would recommend reading the comic first as some things were different (not too much) but both were enjoyable.

Iconoclast
04-19-2010, 11:43 PM
It's the internet, honey. You gave your opinion first, so don't pretend you're too good for a discussion on something and take the role of Internet Tough Guy. Back yourself up.

Was it misogynistic of me to suggest SATC? Probably, but I was just getting my point across. You didn't like the movie for the very reasons that I, and pretty much everyone else who posted in here, did enjoy it. If you don't like those things, what the hell did you see Kick-Ass for in the first place? You know, not that I care or anything.

(Being dismissive of others on the internet is cool!)

More lols. I think there's a quote that goes something along the lines of:
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Congratulations on your victory, sir :)

Euvel
04-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Managed to read the first four issues (need to make a trip to the comic store) and thought it was serious while comical at the same time. Of course it is better than the movie (probably due to the pacing which will always be a problem in with movies), but the movie was very very entertaining. Over the top fight scenes (wish Kick-Ass was a bit more brutal), performances (really liked Nicolas Cage), and the main bad guy (and his thugs) were perfect. Wish they had Red Mist a bit more mysterious and gave a bit more background on how Big Daddy got to his fortune and guns.

KFZ Scrubs
04-20-2010, 01:44 AM
I thought the movie was beyond awesome....
This was my favorite scene
YouTube- KICK-ASS "Big Daddy Warehouse Shootout": In Theatres April 16th 2010: MAPLE PICTURES
Now, i haven't read the comic yet (need to buy one online later) but i thought they did a pretty good job making it appealing to a crowd who's never read it before.
Glad they didn't fuck this up

The Pants Party
04-20-2010, 03:12 AM
More lols. I think there's a quote that goes something along the lines of:

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Congratulations on your victory, sir :)

Well, thank you for proving my point, again. You once more duck any discussion, debate or confrontation on the topic at hand, instead choosing to simply call me an idiot. Well played. You truly are the better person here.

Back on topic: that scene above was sweet, but I more enjoyed the one with Hit-Girl in the other warehouse. Cage screaming out directions to her all epic-like while... well, I won't say what is happening as it's a huge spoiler, but for those that saw it, they'll know how awesome it was. :p

KFZ Scrubs
04-20-2010, 05:35 AM
Back on topic: that scene above was sweet, but I more enjoyed the one with Hit-Girl in the other warehouse. Cage screaming out directions to her all epic-like while... well, I won't say what is happening as it's a huge spoiler, but for those that saw it, they'll know how awesome it was. :p
Ohh yea, i loved that part too!
As soon as it started me and my friend was like TACT KNIFE!!!
We did it on MW2 as soon as we got home and online.
Movie was seriously awesome though... i freaking loved it, best thing i've seen all year.... probably will hold that spot too for me. But that was an interesting thing she used on her pistol..... would be awesome if that was ever put in a game.

JJ UK
04-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Ohh yea, i loved that part too!
As soon as it started me and my friend was like TACT KNIFE!!!
We did it on MW2 as soon as we got home and online.
Movie was seriously awesome though... i freaking loved it, best thing i've seen all year.... probably will hold that spot too for me. But that was an interesting thing she used on her pistol..... would be awesome if that was ever put in a game.

No truer words have ever been spoken, Plus this is now one of my favorite movie scenes of all time CHIIIIILLLLLLLDDDD

elephantd
04-21-2010, 06:12 AM

If it wasen't for this scene i would have punched my self in the throat for going to Kick-Ass

SynysterChris
04-21-2010, 09:03 AM
LOL the first person scene was pretty cool, thankfully they didn't go overboard with it like in Doom, though kinda cool at first it was just way to cheesy.

I said the same thing someone else said Tac Knife LOL. And I also had no idea what Bid Daddy was saying during that scene, I was all trying to figure it out.

TR3NT REZNOR
04-26-2010, 11:57 PM
I think this looks really funny I didn't even know about the comic can;t wait to see it

Schryke
04-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I really need to get out to the theater for this, I love the comic and all of the previews I've seen for it, except for the one with the audience reaction shots but those are almost universally off-putting.

Xterm1n8or
04-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I thought it was a decent film to be honest. I was really hearing great things about it and I was looking forward to seeing it.

After seeing it though I didn't think it was as great as everyone made it out to be. It wasn't bad by any means, just not kick-ass. 7/10

Schryke
04-27-2010, 02:47 PM
I thought it was a decent film to be honest. I was really hearing great things about it and I was looking forward to seeing it.

After seeing it though I didn't think it was as great as everyone made it out to be. It wasn't bad by any means, just not kick-ass. 7/10

I've noticed that the more hyped up a movie is before I see it, the less excited I am afterward. even if it's a great movie it's a struggle to live up to the hype.

Smoochy
04-28-2010, 06:25 AM
I thought it was good, but I wasn't blown away.

It was a LOT better than I thought it was gonna be though. I'd recommend seeing it at least once.

Barad
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Yhh I just watched it on ym laptop lol it was pretty kickass :P

FamilyGuyGary
04-30-2010, 09:28 AM
It's one of my favourite films, I love loads, so I'm just going to say it's join-first. :P

I loved everything about it and saw it twice in the space of three days.

SPOILERS

The torture scene was amazing, the first time I saw it I was quite disturbed and felt really bad for the two. But on both times I was also like, yeah, fuck 'em up Hit-Girl! I was surprised how connected the film made you towards the characters. It was practically heart-breaking watching Big Daddy and Kick-Ass.

CodSteaks
04-30-2010, 06:27 PM
I remember reading that Movie and Comic were created at the same time, but that they both veer in different directions around the mid point, I'd say do which ever you prefer first - as watching or reading one will probably ruin the other for you

they weren't exactly made at the same time. i was a fan of the comic from the first issue, and i remember hearing they were starting a movie version when the comic was only a few issues in. the creators of the comic were doing it independently though, so there were months betweens issues. i imagine that's why the plot kind of veers off in the middle.
but yeah, this movie has some of the best over-the-top action i've ever seen. kick-ass himself is barely involved in the action until the end, but hit-girl has scenes that rank up with the best in movie action. i loved the scene in the hallway, after roping the guy into blowing his own head off. i kept thinking "why not just throw a stun grenade and make your life easier?" but no, she just bounces down the hallway killing everybody. PRICELESS!!

i debated saying anything, but i have to. you've seemed cool in the past and all, so i don't want to blast you personally, but come on: you're proud of being 10th prestige in MW2, but you're implying we're idiots for liking this "garbage"? what, one flavor of gratuitous violence is somehow great just because you say it is? and keep your argument straight, one opinion has nothing to do with the other (politics and movies). your post is certainly witty and all, but there's not a whole lot behind it.

sorry i blew up, but you kind of put me on edge by not just expressing that you didn't like the movie, but by basically insulting all of us who do.

k1lls1gn
05-04-2010, 05:44 AM
I was talking with my freind today and he said this movie aint worth seeing in theatres and not even worth seeing period.

Ill still watch it thought because it doesnt look all that bad to me, im not expecting to much though.

Bubbowie
05-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Can't wait too see this one.

OG T UNIT
08-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Saw this with my wife in theaters and we both loved. Bought the Blu-Ray and watched it again tonight and still loved it.

This movie was just so good.

McGoogles
08-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Amazing movie with a mediocre storyline. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters though; Hit-Girl being my favorite. Just can't wait till' she's older. ;)

The scene where this (one guy) was on fire, reminded me of this:

YouTube- Not the Bees

jamie1000013
08-23-2010, 10:07 AM
It was alright I just had a feeling I've seen all this before for some reason. With films such as The matrix,V for Vedetta, and One night in Paris. I didn't find it funny but I didn't know it was trying to be. I loved the Shotgun scene though with Big daddy. The ending was a bit cheesy.

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
08-25-2010, 03:14 AM
I havn't seen the movie or even heard people talking about it, so I don't have much room to talk, but I think you're gettin a little carried away by saying it's top ten worthy...

Joewl45
08-25-2010, 10:02 PM
I have to say this was probably my favorite film of the year, even surpassing the mighty Toy Story 3. Like another poster said I was really surprised at how connected i was with the characters by the end of it. Oh and the fight scenes were amazing, especially the street fight scene with the progidy playing in the background.

MrFresh
08-26-2010, 02:39 AM
The 2nd comic book comes out in two weeks, Balls to the wall.

Walls Of Jericho
08-26-2010, 02:38 PM
I thought I wouldn't like it because I hate comic books. But this film kicked ass

KFZ Scrubs
08-26-2010, 06:31 PM
The 2nd comic book comes out in two weeks, Balls to the wall.
Shit... you're kidding me!!!!
Fuckkkkk, i need to start paying attention.
The only thing i'm disappointed about kick-ass.... is that the damn blu-ray disk aint playing on my ps3!
Then again, its the launch ps3 and ps3 is shit....love the movie that i saw it 5 times since i bought it sunday

tweak4ever
08-28-2010, 01:15 AM
meh, wasnt bad, wasnt good, I give it a 7/10

NightHawk X360A
01-27-2011, 04:52 AM
It was all right funny. Not something i could watch more then twice tops.

XB0b0
02-19-2011, 10:27 PM
I heard about Kick-Ass from a friend and didn't really know waht to expect, but I was positively surprised.

DJDevilJ89
02-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah Great movie I cant wait watch new movie Paul out in big movie now!! :woop: so i have new movie download in my mac free lol better free! big movie weate money!!! :Bounce::Bounce:

ShawnSig
02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Anyone know if they're gonna make a sequel?:woop:

Snowwwwy
02-28-2011, 04:21 AM
The title says it all. I loved this movie. Really did. Haha.

Tussell
02-28-2011, 04:35 AM
After finally seeing it after all these months, I must say, I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. Everyone hyped it up way too much. It was still an awesome movie, just expected more from the way people were describing it.

It's all good though, I got it dirt cheap on Blu-ray during Black Friday. :)

13ip0lar
03-01-2011, 01:42 AM
I think after seeing Hit-Girl everyone could relate to where that dude was coming from, when he said he would 'wait' for Hit Girl (to grow up). Sigh...Chloe <3

RichXbox360
03-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Awesome movie, I enjoyed it so much I made a CAW of Hit Girl on WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 on 360, and she's already a multi-time Diva's Champion.

hydrosugar
03-06-2011, 09:55 AM
i saw this movie in the cinemas with about 5 friends, and one of them said it wasnt that great. he couldnt really extend his argument beyond 'it sucks'...

and for good reason, ITS AWESOME. it got 5 star reviews for a reason. i think ive seen it twice now its a very entertaining movie.