PDA

View Full Version : How to get glitched realistci achievement

Inked and Pierced
04-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Ok i played the story n realistic and did not get the achievement so i cleared my cache in the dashboard and transfered my game save to a usb drive (so i wouldnt lose it if this did not work. Then i went back into the game and started new game. I did not choose to update the game. I then played the game for 3.5 hours (approximately) again. Then at the end of the game i got the achievement for beating the game on realistic.

Check it for yourself. This is just a little workaround i have found and wanted to post for all the users who are having problems.

Unfortunately the glitched realistic hunter achievement and the glitched realistic coop achievement this method wil not work due to needing to update in order to go online. Unless you choose to do the hunter missions splitscreen.

Also transfering your gamesave to a usb and starting game from scratch does not delete your challenges or weapons you have collected.

Good luck to all

abonatto
04-16-2010, 11:40 PM
it says you dont have it?

Inked and Pierced
04-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Check on xboxlive...my tag has not update for this site yet

xI MrBubbles Ix
04-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Unless I read it wrong u basically moved your save to a USB then played the whole game again on realistic and got the acheivment ? So if it's glitches on you just do it again an you will get it ? wow.

Inked and Pierced
04-17-2010, 12:42 AM
clear cache to remove patch....clear save so u can start new game n play through. my achievements arent updaing cuz i never logged into live after beating the game gonna have to wait til tomorrow to log back in cuz im at work.

and no need to be a sarcastic ass.

im talkin to you mrbubbles

Tyger7
04-17-2010, 03:41 AM
I posted a similar workaround in another thread, where you copy to memory card, delete hard drive save, then play last level from memory card on realistic. No one has told me if it worked yet so we'll see.

HeartlessCanadian
04-17-2010, 05:51 AM
so far the just playing SC off the memory card didnt work, im going to try the system cashe thing now

Inked and Pierced
04-17-2010, 07:24 AM
you have to choose new game not the scene select or continue game. in order to do this you have to not have a game save in your file. instead of deleting it u can just transfer your file so you wont lose it. thats what i meant. anyways i hope this clears thing up. plus clear your cache to delete the update and play offline without updating.

as soon as you make your decision achievement pops.

A HERO EMERGES
04-17-2010, 09:24 AM
OK THIS IS WHAT I DID YESTERDAY NIGHT AFTER SPENING ALL DAY DOING IT ON REALISTIC AND GETTING NOTHING FOR IT.

DELETED CACHE.
SCENE SELECT LAST BUT ONE LEVEL.(helecopter crash and walk the streets level)
FINISHED GAME FROM THERE ON REALISTIC( on 2 levels left that and white house)
ACHIEVEMENT POPPED BEFORE CREDITS

hope that helps thats what i did and it worked for me,

was a very angry gamer yesterday night when i didnt get my pop, but thats worked for me hope you too

ODST Kayne
04-17-2010, 12:32 PM
OK THIS IS WHAT I DID YESTERDAY NIGHT AFTER SPENING ALL DAY DOING IT ON REALISTIC AND GETTING NOTHING FOR IT.

DELETED CACHE.
SCENE SELECT LAST BUT ONE LEVEL.(helecopter crash and walk the streets level)
FINISHED GAME FROM THERE ON REALISTIC( on 2 levels left that and white house)
ACHIEVEMENT POPPED BEFORE CREDITS

hope that helps thats what i did and it worked for me,

was a very angry gamer yesterday night when i didnt get my pop, but thats worked for me hope you too

Please don't type in all caps. You guys just have to clear your caches and do it again! This isn't so much of a glitched achievement as it is just people playing offline, then siwtching online without thinking when they switched the patch. I just did the whole thing offline.

punkmonkey1717
04-17-2010, 05:00 PM
ive never once cleared my cache....how do you do that?

xI MrBubbles Ix
04-17-2010, 06:01 PM
clear cache to remove patch....clear save so u can start new game n play through. my achievements arent updaing cuz i never logged into live after beating the game gonna have to wait til tomorrow to log back in cuz im at work.

and no need to be a sarcastic ass.

im talkin to you mrbubbles

Lol i was being sarcastic ? No. You werent clear in your post so i tried to reword it and see if that is what you ment. ...next time post clearer instructions and dont be so judgemental and think people are being sarcastic.

Deadly McSlides
04-17-2010, 07:14 PM
To clear your cache push Y on your hard drive to access the settings.

I can confirm that you don't need to beat the entire game again to unlock the realistic achievement.

I beat the game the first time, didn't get it. Cleared my cache and loaded the second to last level, beat that one and the last level and it popped.

a blind beggar
04-17-2010, 07:59 PM
To clear your cache push Y on your hard drive to access the settings.

I can confirm that you don't need to beat the entire game again to unlock the realistic achievement.

I beat the game the first time, didn't get it. Cleared my cache and loaded the second to last level, beat that one and the last level and it popped.
imagine if you just beat the last two like this on realistic and got the achievement :D...not that it'd take that long anyway :P... so i delete cache and do the last two missions offline?

A HERO EMERGES
04-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Please don't type in all caps. You guys just have to clear your caches and do it again! This isn't so much of a glitched achievement as it is just people playing offline, then siwtching online without thinking when they switched the patch. I just did the whole thing offline.

2 things: caps was so people dont miss it on the scroll down to bottom of page like most people do. see caps and read it, so it will help them out on how to get achievement. instead of playing through the whole game again for no reason. like you are suggesting to do.

i played mine online, all game online.. didnt go offline, start offline or anything the whole game online start to finish. yes its kinda glitched achievement as people have not got it offline or online. patch and no patch.

i posted it up just to say what i did and it unlocked, if other people try it and if it works great, saves them 6 hours of playing the game again for no reason and look on other post were i made a thread on what i done everyone who replied said it worked.

Inked and Pierced
04-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Achievement should show on gamercard now that I logged into LIVE.

anyways....I was searching the Ubisoft forums last night and found that Ubisoft had responded in reference to achievements not popping. thay said they were currently investigating the problem and would respond when they had more details on what the problem is and if they are going to fix it.

zambeezi
04-17-2010, 10:23 PM
I've done the entire campaign on realistic off line (console not even connected to Live, so no patch) and no achievement. Played the entire thing again from scratch on another console on Live (new save and with update) and again no achievement.

I really should stop buying Splinter Cell or any other Ubisoft games! They even have typos on the back of the cover...

HeartlessCanadian
04-18-2010, 06:07 AM
yea had the same problem with the update, moved all save/game data to usb then cleared cashe and replayed it and it popped as soon as i hit the end credits so this method does work

sublime shooter
04-18-2010, 09:09 AM
it only took 3.5 hours from start to finish no way

Dead Herb
04-18-2010, 09:59 AM
I finished the game yesterday on "realistic" and got no realistic ping then read a thread on repeating the last 2 levels again so I did and it pinged and I did not delete my cache so I can confirm you DO NOT need to delete the cache for the sp realistic achievement.

ryzilla
04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Achievement should show on gamercard now that I logged into LIVE.

anyways....I was searching the Ubisoft forums last night and found that Ubisoft had responded in reference to achievements not popping. thay said they were currently investigating the problem and would respond when they had more details on what the problem is and if they are going to fix it.

hope they find the fix lol

a blind beggar
04-18-2010, 10:42 AM
i'll try to do the last two today then if that doesn't work i'll do the offline cache thing. has anyone tried to complete them all on rookie or normal and then just the last two on realistic to see if they pop? that'd be coolio if it worked.

ryzilla
04-18-2010, 10:43 AM
i'll try to do the last two today then if that doesn't work i'll do the offline cache thing. has anyone tried to complete them all on rookie or normal and then just the last two on realistic to see if they pop? that'd be coolio if it worked.

doing that dosent work mate already tried lol:(

Tully
04-18-2010, 10:49 AM
The achievement worked fine for me. It was the uplay one that glitched... but thats a beta so it's understandable

MrDelicious
04-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Works, cheers OP.

Matt C Bosten
04-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Played through the whole game offline (Due to my Internet being down) and got the achievement no problem.

Barad
04-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Nice glitch.

SSJ3
04-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I didn't have any problems with the Co-op story Realistic Achievement, so hopefully I won't have any trouble with Single Player. And if it doesn't unlock I have to play through the whole game again on a new save? :mad: