PDA

View Full Version : "Let the Right One In" Remake

The Pants Party
04-16-2010, 09:21 PM
(If anyone doesn't know the glory of the original Swedish film, go rent/buy it now, or click here for a rundown of the plot.)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_the_Right_One_In_%28film%29)
Maybe "remake" isn't the right word though. I never really saw films like "The Ring" and all the other-language horror movies as remakes. They were re-envisioned and localized for American audiences, who sadly are too stupid to "get" such things as they were originally intended. Obviously, that is never a good thing.

So, no trailer has been released yet. Names are changed, including the name of the movie itself to "Let Me In." Location is changed to New Mexico. It is being directed by the guy who did Cloverfield, which sucked... And still I have hope. Why? Three reasons. One, the girl is being played by Chloe Moretz (Hit-Girl in Kick-Ass) and she is awesome; two, I think this director (despite Cloverfield sucking) "gets" what the movie is about - I've read a few interviews and he doesn't seem like a moron at the very least; three, this image:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1271434617.jpg

The small subtlety of having no shadow is my favorite part, but the whole thing is beautiful and captures the tone and faithfulness of the vampire mythos that the original had. I'm optimistic, at any rate.

DOOKH8R
04-16-2010, 09:27 PM
No shadow and no footsteps poster is wicked, I must have.

Marcus issavage
04-17-2010, 12:04 AM
I'd still consider it a re-make, and I'm sick and tired of Hollywood re-making good foreign films. I'm just happy that the re-make of Oldboy fell through. Let the right one is was a really good film though.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-17-2010, 03:00 AM
I thought I heard something about this the other day. Good to know it's confirmed and happening. Can't wait to check this out.

exo-apollo
04-17-2010, 04:58 AM
I loved the book and the original film and am suspicious of this, but will hold my judgement until the movie is out of course. It is a very bad ass poster.

megamoviejohn
04-17-2010, 04:45 PM
I loved the original and I hated Cloverfield but oh well, I'll still have to see this. I am a sucker for cool posters and as mentioned above, the no shadow and footprints is fucking awesome.

HacksawDoomx187
04-17-2010, 05:37 PM
I saw this a few months ago and it really pissed me off. I hate how American filmmakers insist on taking great foreign language films and feel the need to remake them. It never turns out well except for maybe The Departed and a couple other select few.

Tussell
04-17-2010, 08:28 PM
I have yet to see the original film, but all I've heard is how amazing it is. I'll probably end up seeing the American one first to be completely honest.

Br0kenAssass1n
04-17-2010, 08:35 PM
I saw this a few months ago and it really pissed me off. I hate how American filmmakers insist on taking great foreign language films and feel the need to remake them. It never turns out well except for maybe The Departed and a couple other select few.

This.

I highly doubt the remake will be anywhere near as good as the original, but I've been proven wrong many times before, so hopefully this becomes one of those times.