PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who?

iBlessing 09
04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Good? or not..?

I personally hate it, I mean come on. The new writers have destroyed the theme tune, the characters, the storyline and even the logo! There eyes are to big for there stomach, or so to speak :p

HuskyHuscarl
04-16-2010, 10:27 PM
I thought I was the only person who thought this
You should NEVER EVER change a theme tune... especially something like a 50 year old famous programme which the theme tune is legendary
Why do they always try to go more modern
And whats up with the new doctor... personally I think hes rubbish
And the last two doctor who episodes have been apsolutely appauling I mean, they was boring and just stupid
Tomorrow looks alright though... Daleks helping British win the won
Pfft as if we needed daleks eh

iBlessing 09
04-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Tomorrow looks alright though... Daleks helping British win the won
Pfft as if we needed daleks eh
You have to think though, the Dalek are The Doctors worst enemy and there already in it in the third episode, I mean come on. There's the season finally with the Daleks returning gone and the Daleks helping Britain? wtf is that, they're push overs now.

HuskyHuscarl
04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Ohh yeee.... I never thought about that
Daleks always have the last episode or last few for like the grand finale
I always thought it was silly how they all died out, then someway they got back every series ;) But y'know they can get away with that
But yee.... omg 3rd episode your right
I think they're either running out of ideas or are desperate to keep the audience... I dont think doctor who will be on next year tbh

Contrah
04-16-2010, 10:48 PM
He's a great Doctor, vibrant personality, younger generation, certainly gives that refreshing feel about the program... although I have mixed opinions on the girl...

A Satyr
04-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Oh yeah i forgot about the new theme, its fuckin horrible. So dull, what was wrong with the original theme? whos idea was this?... kill them... slowly...

As for the new doctor well ive only seen the first episode but it wasnt bad for him. The actual episode storyline was atrocious though, the alien broadcast was fucking killing me...

iBlessing 09
04-16-2010, 11:01 PM
@Contrah. Doesn't he just remind you off David Tennant with a different voice, and more dull?

EDIT: Ughh, what do the new Daleks look like?

HuskyHuscarl
04-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Just watched the third episode... wasnt too bad
Like I said before, shows they are running out of ideas by the Daleks appearing in the third episode not the last
Aswell as those angels next week that where last shown 3-4 years ago
Now theyre back... Lack of ideas tbh

iBlessing 09
04-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Just watched the third episode... wasnt too bad
Like I said before, shows they are running out of ideas by the Daleks appearing in the third episode not the last
Aswell as those angels next week that where last shown 3-4 years ago
Now theyre back... Lack of ideas tbh
I can't imagine the christmas special *sigh.

GreaseMonkeyGB
04-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Good..... for kids that is. :p The doctor changes more often than the weather.

Not for me, I don't like anykind of sci-fi alien program or film. Except Ghostbusters :woop:

marKot1k
04-18-2010, 09:22 PM
The doctor changes more often than the weather.

Huh? Dude, its been 5 years since the last change.

Personally, I love it.

I have to say though, the first few episodes with David Tennant as the new Doctor were pretty dodgy - and I really didnt like him. But he grew on me and like everyone else who loves the show, will miss him - for a few more episodes anyway.

This new guy - I forget his name - seems to have adapted to the role of the Doctor straight away. His acting seems to make it easier to accept him as the new face of the Doctor - if you know what I mean.

But yeah, to those who have doubts about him, I say give him a chance - its only been 2 episodes and it took most people more than that to get used to David Tennant being the last Doctor :)

Anyhoo... its better than a lot of the shit on TV these days!!!

GreaseMonkeyGB
04-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Huh? Dude, its been 5 years since the last change.

Oh really? sorry man, just a bit of an exsaduration is all:p

Postmodernmartyr
04-18-2010, 11:08 PM
I like the new Dr. Who... I like lot's of Dr Who though, I have no problem with the theme, Daleks being in episode 3, or the Weeping Angels returning (and if you were watching then you realize that the Weeping Angels were referenced in David Tennant's last episode, so they weren't brought up just seasons ago (2 anyways)...

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 10:54 AM
This show is about constantly re-inventing itself. From the music, the villians, the Tardis or even the Doctor himself. Personally i still think the best theme was Peter Davison's and the best opening was Jon Pertwee's final season. And who says the Daleks have to be in every season ending episodes? doesn't that just make them boring and predictable? Why can't it be the Ice Warriors? Or The Rani? Or hell what about the Mondas Cybermen (aka REAL Cybermen not the Cybusmen crap)? Hell even the Black Guardian or Omega would be a better idea then having the Daleks as the big bad season ender opponent yet again.

HarperBird
04-19-2010, 01:46 PM
I like it so far (haven't seen 3rd episode yet) i think it was gunna suck cause david tennant was an awesome doctor who but i thought i would give this one a go and really surprised because matt smith wasn't too bad!

Love the whole new re-vamp style was really cool!

all my friends think i'm lame cause i'm 21 and watch doctor who but it is they who are the lame ones!

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Yh when it was tennant it was fuking amazing but now its pretty shit :( only good thing about it is karen gilan ;)

Nozza XBA
04-19-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm really sorry but I just cant see why peolpe would like it. We actually came across it on tv the other day and me and my friends all actually looked at each other with blank faces and were like "WTF?"

Seriously its was painful to watch. It was so directed at little kids it was painly for me to watch and understand how a grown person could sit there and enjoy it. They had multi coloured dust bins... how much more childish can you get?

Garanteed it was good back in the day. Something new, scary and was visually amazing but I feel its just made for children now and is I couldnt even force myself to watch 5 mins without laugh how corney it is.

all my friends think i'm lame cause i'm 21 and watch doctor who but it is they who are the lame ones! Yes we do and we remind you everytime!

jtr1gg3r
04-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Its alright, same ideas, daleks got a paint job, ooooooh!

what next they getting spinners or a spoiler?

Inside of the new tardis, looks like the inside of my digestive system

the theme tune sounds like they got the old one and farted on it

and dont even get me started on the logo...........

Matt Smith looks like a nerd, the only good thing is the assistants short skirt ;)

so far..........

HarperBird
04-19-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm really sorry but I just cant see why peolpe would like it. We actually came across it on tv the other day and me and my friends all actually looked at each other with blank faces and were like "WTF?"

Seriously its was painful to watch. It was so directed at little kids it was painly for me to watch and understand how a grown person could sit there and enjoy it. They had multi coloured dust bins... how much more childish can you get?

Can't see how it appeals to people?? You are stupid.... It has been around for about 50 years and is one if not the best British Sci-Fi drama around and appeals to both adults and children alike!

The reason you don't like it cause you never really liked sci-fi shows/movie unlike me who thinks it one the best genres out there.

Theres no need to rip on someone who likes it just because you don't! Your not being forced to watch it!

Nozza XBA
04-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Its alright, same ideas, daleks got a paint job, ooooooh!

what next they getting spinners or a spoiler?

Inside of the new tardis, looks like the inside of my digestive system

the theme tune sounds like they got the old one and farted on it

and dont even get me started on the logo...........

Matt Smith looks like a nerd, the only good thing is the assistants short skirt ;)

so far..........

http://lagwar.com/home/wp-content/uploads/two-thumbs-up.jpeg

Can't see how it appeals to people?? You are stupid.... It has been around for about 50 years and is one if not the best British Sci-Fi drama around and appeals to both adults and children alike!

The reason you don't like it cause you never really liked sci-fi shows/movie unlike me who thinks it one the best genres out there.

Theres no need to rip on someone who likes it just because you don't! Your not being forced to watch it!

I get that.. but I have never watched it and to me it just looks/feels like its gone down hill!

I get that young kids like it as well as people 40+ who watched it when they were kids and people who have nothing better to do on the night its on but why a teenagers/young adults would sit through the brain numbness of it is beyond me. I even think if I was a sifi fan I'd be dissapointed in it..

jtr1gg3r
04-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I get that young kids like it as well as people 40+ who watched it when they were kids and people who have nothing better to do on the night its on but why a teenagers/young adults would sit through the brain numbness of it is beyond me. I even think if I was a sifi fan I'd be dissapointed in it..

I agree with that 100%

im 17 and I watched it since it rebooted what was it 5 years ago or something, and as Ive got older its just got more boring, same old bad guys... YAWN

It does just seem like its for kids now and censor out anything that might be deemed "too scary" which is BS, because thats what made doctor who good in the first place =/

HarperBird
04-19-2010, 02:23 PM
I get that.. but I have never watched it and to me it just looks/feels like its gone down hill!

How can you say that its 'gone down hill' and 'brain numbing' when you have never even watched a FULL episode/season!

If you actually watched the programme on a weekly basis then you can have a valid opinion but seeing as you never watched a show (and never probably will) i don't see how you can comment on something you have never watched and have always mocked...

Nozza XBA
04-19-2010, 02:25 PM
I agree with that 100%

im 17 and I watched it since it rebooted what was it 5 years ago or something, and as Ive got older its just got more boring, same old bad guys... YAWN

It does just seem like its for kids now and censor out anything that might be deemed "too scary" which is BS, because thats what made doctor who good in the first place =/

Yeh thats it there.

My mum used to watch it when she was younger and loved it obviously and I came in the other day to her just staring at the screen with it on. She was pretty brain washed by it and I could tell she was struggerlnig to watch it but was to lazy to get up and grab the remotes to change it over lol.

How can you say that its 'gone down hill' and 'brain numbing' when you have never even watched a FULL episode/season!

If you actually watched the programme on a weekly basis then you can have a valid opinion but seeing as you never watched a show (and never probably will) i don't see how you can comment on something you have never watched and have always mocked...

I watched half an episode on sat and from that I could tell that the rest of this new series was going to be corney/bad/brain numbing. Just watching him kick a darlik constantly while tubs puffed on a cigar and then the whole colourful darlik teletubby crew emerge from a ship was bad enough.

I watch a episode or 2 of the last series (against my own will) and it was more gritty and darker which was better than whats they have on now but it was still painful to watch.

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 02:59 PM
they did the whole multi-colored dalek thing cause they want to break them up into factions...i thought that was painfully obvious even before the show explained it to me, not to mention this was done before on the old show, just not as many multi-colored ones. I agree that sometimes it can get a little too kiddish for me, but that's their main audience over there. i myself grew up as a kid watching old doctor who reruns on pbs back in the late 80s early 90s. the show's always had it's good episodes and it's bad episodes, even the tom baker years. personally, i thought tennant was a little overrated and he tended to over-act sometimes, everyone always complains about the last doctor that left and doesn't give the new one a chance till he's been around a while, this has ALWAYS happened. what do you think peter davison just was greeted by the fans with open arms after baker left? hell no, it took people years, yes YEARS to give him a chance, and by then he was almost gone. And i'm sorry but tennant can't even come close to Baker in my eyes, in terms of his portrayal of the doctor and just the amount of years he played the character. So ya, give this new guy a chance, i think he ain't doing half bad, and we're not even on episode 4 yet.;)

jtr1gg3r
04-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Just watching him kick a darlik constantly while tubs puffed on a cigar and then the whole colourful darlik teletubby crew emerge from a ship.

haha XD

that was just too funny

Postmodernmartyr
04-19-2010, 04:25 PM

Garanteed it was good back in the day. Something new, scary and was visually amazing but I feel its just made for children now and is I couldnt even force myself to watch 5 mins without laugh how corney it is.

Bad grammar and spelling is more childish than Dr. Who...

I like it so far (haven't seen 3rd episode yet) i think it was gunna suck cause david tennant was an awesome doctor who but i thought i would give this one a go and really surprised because matt smith wasn't too bad!

Love the whole new re-vamp style was really cool!

all my friends think i'm lame cause i'm 21 and watch doctor who but it is they who are the lame ones!

I'm 25, feel no shame!

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 04:56 PM
another thing i just noticed on this thread are people complaining about the new theme song and logo, one guy i believe said this is the first time they've changed the theme in 50 years lmao! obviously these people have only watched the tennant years because any real Doctor Who fan would know that they ALWAYS change the logo and theme with every new doctor, and we're on #11 ladies and gentlemen! that means it's been changed 11 times! the ONLY gripe anyone should have is the new tardis interior which has only been changed 3 times in the show's history. first time it was changed was on the tv movie with #8 mcgann in 96, second time with #9 eccelston when the series relaunched in 2005 and now with matt smith who's #11

sweatdog
04-19-2010, 06:35 PM
We just got the first episode here in America, and as a fan of DW, I was a little skeptical about the direction that the series was heading. Fortunately, the premiere allayed a lot of my fears and has me hopeful that the show continues to be in good hands. Matt Smith's eccentricities fit the character well, which is always very important to the success of the show. The new companion, Amy Pond, is not hard to look at, and the storyline of her leaving on the night before her wedding is very intriguing.

In response to some of the criticisms made by earlier posters, I'd say it makes no sense to in one hand criticize the show for running out of ideas, when later in the post you complain that the Daleks were not saved for the series finale. If anything, using the Daleks in the finale would be an "old" idea. With 13 episodes there's plenty of chances to use both "classic" foes and introduce new ones. I don't think a lack of originality can be considered a fault of this program. Also, some of you complain that the show is too childish. Remember, this show is primarily a "family" show (not just a "children's" show) so explicit content is just not going to happen. In the premiere we saw the Doctor comment on what website one of the characters was perusing, not to mention Amy's "occupation" when she's wearing her police uniform. These are risque issues for a family show, and certainly cannot be described as childish. I think those of you complaining are not really fans of the show anyway, and that's fine, but just understand that it is a science fiction show, and a family show, so to expect it to be otherwise is unreasonable.

jtr1gg3r
04-20-2010, 12:52 PM
but just understand that it is a science fiction show, and a family show, so to expect it to be otherwise is unreasonable.

yeh but id still ike to see one of the monsters just rip someones throat out in a bloody mess

HuskyHuscarl
04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I think they might be changing back the theme tune to the one before
Was on the news and stuff how everyone hates the new tune

To add, I liked the old daleks not these new ones, They are just trying to change doctor who completely, new tardis, doctor, soundtrack, daleks... I mean the daleks are the doctors biggest enemy, so why change them to orange, yellow, red and blue...... A superior race of mass killing soldiers wouldnt be orange :mad:

Death Metal Jim
04-21-2010, 03:50 PM
I think they might be changing back the theme tune to the one before
Was on the news and stuff how everyone hates the new tune

To add, I liked the old daleks not these new ones, They are just trying to change doctor who completely, new tardis, doctor, soundtrack, daleks... I mean the daleks are the doctors biggest enemy, so why change them to orange, yellow, red and blue...... A superior race of mass killing soldiers wouldnt be orange :mad:

changing back? that's a HUGE mistake, this show is always about moving forward, and it shouldn't change now. To me that would be like the Doctor regenerating back to one of his former selfs. And the Daleks should never be the Doctor's biggest enemy. It should always be the Master, since he's just as smart as the Doctor and since they've known each other since they were kids at the academy. Unfortunately, they turned the Master into a giddy idiot on the new show where he used to be cold and calculating (especially the Roger Delgado Master). Hell, the Master already caused one Doctor to die (#4 Tom Baker) whereas all the Daleks did was have the Doctor create a half human version of himself (absolutely stupid idea by the way).

In the case of the multi-colored Daleks, this has been done before on the old show. Davros once created gold imperial Daleks to fight his old creations (who turned on him) and i also remember white ones. I'm imagining they want to diversify them a little bit more by spiltting them into factions. In any case, i don't think we see the Daleks again till next season at the LEAST.

Oh ya, here's to hoping the major villians in the series ender are the MONDAS Cybermen. Would be a great story.

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-21-2010, 04:43 PM
OK Doctor who was the best sci fi ever with tennant. Now they killed it simple as

Death Metal Jim
04-21-2010, 05:13 PM
OK Doctor who was the best sci fi ever with tennant. Now they killed it simple as

yes because those episodes like Love And Monsters, Partners In Crime, Journey's End were just the 'best sci-fi ever' lmao! i still laugh everytime i think about that whole "instead of regenerating he creates a half human version of himself because of a hand" scene. That was seriously one of the worst scenes in Doctor Who history, followed by the whole "everyone fly the Tardis and dance around singing" crap. And i thought Last Of The Timelords was an awful season ender as well, but at least it didn't have Daleks in it like the other 3 seasons did (1 being awesome, 2 being pretty good especially the whole Daleks vs fake Cybermen, and 4 being garbage). I still laugh at the casual fans of the show who still can't grasp the concept of regeneration and how it makes the show outlast every other sci-fi show in longevity.
Oh ya, i didn't even mention Tennant's like 20 minute monologue of flying all over the place meeting his former companions and then whining in the end about how he didn't want to regenerate. It was truly awful. Every other Doctor took it like a man and didn't fly around visiting everyone that traveled with. Can you imagine Tom Baker doing that when he fell from that satellite? LMAO! they'd have had to create like 2 episodes just for that alone.
Tennant was good, but he's not the be all and end all of this show. No doctor ever will be, no matter how much you 'love' him ;)

A Satyr
04-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah Tennents finale was seriously lactluster, and his whining in the end was pretty damn bad.

Death Metal Jim
04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
yup, and i think what's annoying me most on here is how noone's giving this guy Matt Smith a chance. I mean, they're only on the 3rd episode and already all you're hearing is "wow, the music sucks, the tardis sucks, this new doctor sucks, when's tennant coming back?" It just gets so aggravating to read/listen to. Especially with a show like this that's always changing and has been for 50 or so years. I still remember when Tennant took over for Eccelston, almost nobody was willing to give him a chance either, they were all going on about the same thing "Eccelston brought the show back, you can't replace him", and now fast foward 4 years and Tennant's the greatest Doctor ever and the show should stop running now that he's gone. Man, i'm gonna laugh when in like 3 years everyone's saying the same thing about Smith (who i think is doing an excellent job thus far).

HarperBird
04-21-2010, 05:36 PM
yup, and i think what's annoying me most on here is how noone's giving this guy Matt Smith a chance. I mean, they're only on the 3rd episode and already all you're hearing is "wow, the music sucks, the tardis sucks, this new doctor sucks, when's tennant coming back?" It just gets so aggravating to read/listen to. Especially with a show like this that's always changing and has been for 50 or so years. I still remember when Tennant took over for Eccelston, almost nobody was willing to give him a chance either, they were all going on about the same thing "Eccelston brought the show back, you can't replace him", and now fast foward 4 years and Tennant's the greatest Doctor ever and the show should stop running now that he's gone. Man, i'm gonna laugh when in like 3 years everyone's saying the same thing about Smith (who i think is doing an excellent job thus far).

Thanks God!

I have been reading your pass posts and totally agree with what you have said and finally there are some people in this thread and are just complaining and they haven't even seen an episode of the show (I'm looking at you Nozza!)!

I'm not a diehard Doctor Who fan as i only started to watch the new version with Christopher Eccelston but have been a Sci Fi fan for most of my life and i love the vibe I get from watching Doctor Who, as each episodes of the new series have been brilliant and much better then some of David Tennant ones!

I'm especially looking forward to the next one with the 'Weeping Angels' as i think they are an awesomely scary enemy and loved the previous episode with the in!

A Satyr
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
music sucks Well the new theme is absolutely atrocious.... However i do like Smith and the new companion (forget the name). Still though in my eyes none will ever be better then Eccleston and Piper.

Death Metal Jim
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
and most of the people complaining on here are from the U.K. Man, they don't even KNOW how lucky they are to have a show like that, that lasts that long from generation to generation. Over here, you're lucky if a show last 5 years. Amazing shows like the X-Files last 10 and that was with the last 3 seasons under constant scrutiny. I wish i had a show over here that i knew i could watch from my current age till i was on my deathbed and in my 70s-80s.

SuperNova X2X
04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
I was a bit skeptical at first, but after watching the first 3 episodes, I have to say it's pretty awesome. I never really watched Tennant after his first series, it just seemed boring. Matt Smith is an amazing Doctor and I look foward to more.

I think it's good that they've given a new look and feel to everything. Keeps it fresh you know?

Jemocasa
04-22-2010, 01:30 AM
I thought it was okay (only seen the first episode so far). I thought the best part of it was when the Doctor says "So, basically, run."

Dark Reality
04-22-2010, 02:31 AM
I've been watching since the reboot (with the Ninth Doctor) and I love this new season. None of the 2009 specials were all that good, with the possible exception of "The Waters of Mars", but even that fell a little short of my expectations.

The thing about this new season is, watching the last four, there was a name that would always accompany the best episodes: Stephen Moffat. Blink and The Girl in the Fireplace especially, IMHO, represented the BBC's best work on the show, so when I heard this guy was taking over, it almost made up for Tennant's departure. David Tennant just had a charisma that Eccleston and Smith both lack. Smith is doing OK (I've seen two of his episodes) but I can't get past the baby face. I'm not yet convinced he's right for the role.

I do love the new art style. There's a new focus on detail and coupled with a psychedelic tone, it's really nice to look at. The last four seasons had a lot of shadows, contrasting scenes; the new style is a lot easier to look at. The new logo is fine. The title on ovular button was cheesy; this isn't great, but I think it's an improvement. The theme song has changed as well over the years (from what I've heard) but it's always kept that jingle. Now it kinda rocks. Can't complain there.

Anyway, I always liked the idea of time travel, and it's funny to learn now that a pair of movies I loved as a kid -- Bill & Ted's _____ _____ -- are based on Doctor Who. I knew so little about it when I started watching it, only that it was about time travel and that it's British, and has been running for years. Nice to know it's been running even longer than Star Trek.

If I ever visit London, I'm checking out the BBC offices to get a picture with the TARDIS, since they keep one in the lobby. (I'm sure they get that a lot.)

iBlessing 09
05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
The CG hasn't got any better either :p

When the Riversong, flys into the Tardis it made me laugh for ages. The worst green screening ever.

jtr1gg3r
05-05-2010, 10:17 AM
I still dont like the new theme tune or logo, but tbh you only see/hear them for about 30 seconds so im not bothered.

Matt Smith has grew on me and Amy, I think they make a great partnership.

Still cant get over them daleks tho............ tut

iBlessing 09
05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I still dont like the new theme tune or logo, but tbh you only see/hear them for about 30 seconds so im not bothered.

Matt Smith has grew on me and Amy, I think they make a great partnership.

Still cant get over them daleks tho............ tut
He's grown on me aswell but it's stupid how Amy is so clever and understands everything and how she tells the Doctor to leave her when her hand 'turns to stone'. Like you would say that, she would be screaming and crying and swearing, oh yeah, that's for Torchwood.

Death Metal Jim
05-05-2010, 06:06 PM
The CG hasn't got any better either :p

When the Riversong, flys into the Tardis it made me laugh for ages. The worst green screening ever.

Lmao! Have you seen the old show? If so, then you'd be happy to have any CGI appearing at all. Who can forget Turlough "floating" into space and the 5th Doctor roping him back hahaha.

Haven't watched the second part of the weeping angels yet. Lemme go do that now ;)

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Ok well i take back my previous comments ^^^ i still think tennant was the best. however smith is growing on me now i like him and its all starting to come together. Still the new daleks tho WTF!!

lenny m
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
he is actually quite good. i first thought that he would be worse but he has the same characteristics as Tennant

sweatdog
05-07-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm still enjoying Matt Smith's performance as the Doctor, but now that we've seen "The Victory of the Daleks", I agree with other posters that this episode is a bit of a wrong turn for the series. I think you could really tell the change in writers as many of the quirky behavior we enjoyed from the Doctor in the first 2 episodes this season was mostly absent in this episode. Also, Winston Churchill was just a bit too..silly. Not how I imagined one of history's giant personalities. And the multi colored Daleks made this episode seem too campy. It's surprising considering I've enjoyed Mark Gatiss' work in the past. I'm putting this down to the fact that Mark didn't yet have a feel for the tone of the new series, which should've been fixed by Moffatt. Of course every season's had its ups and downs, and with the weeping angels back, I'm hopeful the show will rebound quickly.

DevilMaster18
05-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Doctor Who is one of the worse TV shows out there. I don't know why but the protagonist actors gets worser everytime.

It's that bad i rather watch Star Trek and i don't even like those shows. At least i can say, the only way for me to watch it is if i must choose either Dr Who or East Enders.

sweatdog
05-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Doctor Who is one of the worse TV shows out there. I don't know why but the protagonist actors gets worser everytime.

It's that bad i rather watch Star Trek and i don't even like those shows. At least i can say, the only way for me to watch it is if i must choose either Dr Who or East Enders.

You dig up a week old thread about a show that you believe is one of the "worse" on TV to state how much you don't like it? Why?

Louis BCFC1875
06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Anyone see tonight's episode?

Great stuff.

jtr1gg3r
06-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Anyone see tonight's episode?

Great stuff.

Yeah it was awesome, What a cliffhanger tho!

I wanna see the last episode now lol, I do have to say tho that Im getting tired of the last two episodes of EVERY series has daleks or other enemies returning (like everybody in this weeks episode)

But its gonna be a great last episode =D

Louis BCFC1875
06-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah it was awesome, What a cliffhanger tho!

I wanna see the last episode now lol, I do have to say tho that Im getting tired of the last two episodes of EVERY series has daleks or other enemies returning (like everybody in this weeks episode)

But its gonna be a great last episode =D
Yeah i agree about the enemys, it's about time they brought a new enemy in, i know the Daleks are the Doctors No. 1 enemy, but bringing them back every series is boring, same with the Cybermen, need to make some new enemys, or bring some back from series 1/2, leave the Daleks out of S6!

jtr1gg3r
06-21-2010, 11:30 AM
or they could make up a new one, tbh I dont really care as long as them blinkin daleks do one =P

Postmodernmartyr
06-21-2010, 11:08 PM
I thought for sure Omega was going to be in the Pandorica... that made me sad... I would have liked to seen him in the reboot...

Nearro
06-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Having been a fan of Doctor Who for the longest time, I will agree that this season is very questionable. Tennant was a good Doctor, once he got into his groove. The first season with him was a bit questionable as well as he was slowly figuring out what type of a Doctor he was going to be.

That said, I am really starting to question the direction the writers are taking. I know they have multiple writers that work on these stories and they are attempting to fit them together into a solid flow for a season, but this latest episode really has me wondering. (No, no spoilers from me, just very curious where it is heading now)

I will say this, though. I am not going to let one season, or even half of a season, dissuade me from my hopes that it will end well. This is one of those shows that should stick around for ages, and has the potential to, if the writers are up to the job.

aheadofme
06-22-2010, 04:07 PM
I've never watched the show before this season, and I think it's the freshest thing on TV right now. I freakin' love it enough that I've gone back and watched some of the old seasons, and I think Smith and the dialog are sharper than anything that came before. Just my .02 from a "hindsight is 20-20" perspective. Now if only I could get BBC in HD... DW and Top Gear are two of my favorite shows, so wth no HD?

TakahashiDemon
06-24-2010, 10:09 PM
I've liked this season so far, and I'm looking forward for the final episode, this doctor isn't half as bad as I thought he would have been, at first I didn't like the new regeneration when season 4 ended, but turned out better than expected, I'm actually deciding or not if this has been the best season yet of the new Doctor Who seasons.

hodge
06-24-2010, 10:44 PM
I think this new series has been alright. Matt Smith is a good Doctor and Karen Gillan is the hottest assistant so far =]

LFC2K6
06-27-2010, 01:04 AM
Anyone see the final episode today?

I wont say anything about it to give people a chance to watch... but I thought it was awful! They had an excellent build up all series to this and it just disappointed, left me with more questions than answers.

Is it me or is Amy a bit slaggy?

Louis BCFC1875
06-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Anyone see the final episode today?

I wont say anything about it to give people a chance to watch... but I thought it was awful! They had an excellent build up all series to this and it just disappointed, left me with more questions than answers.

Is it me or is Amy a bit slaggy? Who cares?, that's excellent news, and yes, i did watch the final, i was lost from the word go..

mmartynn
06-27-2010, 11:17 AM
matt smith just doesnt play the part well. they need to either kill it off or the dev team really need to think hard.

DanteNero17
06-27-2010, 11:24 AM
I Never Got Into The Show But I Heard It Was Really Good. But I Also Hear That The Old Is Better Than The New.

HarperBird
06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
I think this has been one of the best series since doctor who was reinvented! There has been some classic stand out episodes but i think it ran smoothly throughout! And why are people still having a go over Matt Smith he is a fantastic Doctor!

Corrupt.
06-29-2010, 01:29 AM
Matt Smith has such an odd shaped head :eek:

Louis BCFC1875
06-29-2010, 01:43 AM
matt smith just doesnt play the part well. they need to either kill it off or the dev team really need to think hard. Nothing wrong with him, he plays the part fine.

Paranormal Paramore
06-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Loved the finale and Matt Smith continues to amaze me.

The raw emotion in part one of the finale was amazing and the charm carried on strongly through part two. I am looking forward to series 6!

Number 905
06-30-2010, 08:37 AM
It's been a really neat season, though the pacing and such is certainly different than when RTD had the helm. The Doctor's lax attitude toward big, looming events is somewhat frustrating, but it also reflects the "madman with a box" thing this regeneration has going.

I'm very glad I didn't just follow the BBC America run for this season, though. They've had various delays for no apparent reason and it looks like the second part of the finale won't air until July 24th. Not sure I could ever wait that long.

TakahashiDemon
07-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I actually liked the episode before the finale better, but that isn't saying the finale was bad, added a lot of stuff up you wanted to be answered unlike the Doctor and Donna series.. the ending was nice too, can't wait to see what happens with River Song, that character is interesting.

undeadboy222
07-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Matt Smith plays the part of the Doctor very well, he is everything the Doctor near enough wants to be, e.g. kiddish and youthful.
IF anyone says this series is bad then they need slapped lol, The Doctor rebooted reality I mean cmon round of applause.

thirteentongimp
07-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I Never Got Into The Show But I Heard It Was Really Good. But I Also Hear That The Old Is Better Than The New.
It depends...the new version has sets and creatures that aren't as cheesey as they used to be but the old series had longer story arcs and some of the best British scifi writers of that era working on the show. Freaking Douglas Adams wrote for the show at one point!!! And I enjoyed David Tennant's portrayal of the Doctor immensely but I still thinkTom Baker will always be the best to have ever been in the role. However, I do have to admit that Karen Gillan is the hotest companion ever. I would do some very naughty things to her.

Louis BCFC1875
07-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Wouldn't be all, Steven Moffat is a great fighter though..

Cpt_Tripps
07-08-2010, 05:51 AM
It's still on and started in 1935. they got to be doing something right.

jtr1gg3r
04-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Anyone see the new one yesterday??

I watched it on iPlayer and I've gotta say it was pretty crap, none of it made sense and I got pissed off in the end =/

MopFlop
04-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Anyone see the new one yesterday??

I watched it on iPlayer and I've gotta say it was pretty crap, none of it made sense and I got pissed off in the end =/

Tbf it is a two parter, but as long as its wrapped up and not going to be stupidly lost style confusing all season it should be OK i hope...

killer297
04-26-2011, 10:54 PM
WOW, whats with all the haters that people not liking the new doctor who, i mean i LOVE IT whats there not to love i think that the theme tune is awesome the story lines are dark and well thought out in my opinion and the characters are brillliant

jtr1gg3r
04-27-2011, 11:03 AM
WOW, whats with all the haters that people not liking the new doctor who, i mean i LOVE IT whats there not to love i think that the theme tune is awesome the story lines are dark and well thought out in my opinion and the characters are brillliant

I didnt say I hated it I said the 1st episode of the new series that started last week was crap and didn't make sense lol

Chaosx721
04-28-2011, 02:13 AM
I didnt say I hated it I said the 1st episode of the new series that started last week was crap and didn't make sense lol
What didn't make sense for you? I know there was like a lot of unanswered questions at the end, but it is two parts and the first part was more just build up for the next part which should answer all the questions and whats going on.

jtr1gg3r
04-28-2011, 07:12 AM
What didn't make sense for you? I know there was like a lot of unanswered questions at the end, but it is two parts and the first part was more just build up for the next part which should answer all the questions and whats going on.

Well basically to put it into noob words........

They were going in one direction with it, but then decided to spoon off somewhere else for like 10 seconds then decide to do something else.

It all was a bit messy, too much going on imo.

Dragon565333
04-30-2011, 10:06 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love Doctor Who and I cannot wait for part 2 of the season! I am ready and I am a huge fan!
My Favorite Companions are Sarah Jane Smith, Rose Tyler, Maratha Jones, Jo Grant, K9!, Donna Noble, and Amy Pond

RIP
Elizabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith)

I like this doctor because he is more funny and less serious as Davids doctor was. but that is me.

I saw Part 1 I thought it was fantastic! I was surprised at the end! I screamed at my TV For 8 whole minutes!
___
And I did watch the old ones a lot! For the old theme song I loved the old one... well depends on which old one you wanted.....
YouTube - Doctor Who Theme Tune 1963-1969 by Ron Grainer and Delia Derbyshire
1963-1969

YouTube - Doctor Who Theme Tune 1980-1985 by Peter Howell
1980-1985

YouTube - Doctor Who Theme 5 - Opening Theme (1970-1980)
1970-1980

YouTube - Doctor Who Theme 16 - Full Theme (1987)
1987 version..

personally I love tom bakers version and his beginning...

Chaosx721
04-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Just watched the new episode, so good. And the end, can't wait for them to explain that.

jtr1gg3r
05-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Second ep made up for it I suppose, kind of dragged on a bit tho, and I pretty much had it figured out 10 minutes before the end.

Good ep tho :)

Dragon565333
05-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Second ep made up for it I suppose, kind of dragged on a bit tho, and I pretty much had it figured out 10 minutes before the end.

Good ep tho :)

I know. Some parts were 'meh' kinda slow. But I really hope they kinda explain the girl a little more. And I seriously don't wanna know by season 6. I would've forgotten by then.... But this new one seems awesome. Pirates, and an alien ghost! how cool is that?! :)