PDA

View Full Version : USB Confusion

Joe x360a
04-17-2010, 03:53 AM
I'm a tad confused as to what i can and can't do with these new Xbox USBs/my own normal USB.

Can I use these USBs to copy DLC onto the USB, and then copy it/move it onto a different Xbox? As this would fix many problems I am having with DLC wrongly on my brothers Xbox and such.
Thanks.

Glowin Smurff
04-17-2010, 03:55 AM
it's just an additional storage option like the memory cards were.

Licensing is still tied to accounts/consoles/content like it was before.

Gawmonster
04-17-2010, 04:30 AM
Yeah, basically, it allows you to "add" up to 16GB (32GB with 2 cards) of disk space to the system in the same method as the memory cards.

As for the DLC, that all depends. If they were originally downloaded with your profile, you can always redownload on your console, or should be able to transfer to USB stick and move over. This would allow you, and only you, to use the DLC on your system. If you want others to be able to use it, too, you would have to perform a license transfer. (google 360 license transfer ... that's how i found it)

If it were downloaded with his profile, copying it to your console would only allow him to play it on yours, without him performing a license transfer.

Basically, all DLC is registered to both a Live account and a system. Anyone using the system the DLC is registered to (originally downloaded to, unless changed by license transfer) can use the DLC there, and the Live account to which it is registered can use the DLC on any system, regardless of system registration.

Kinda nifty, but a PITA when your wife buys one DLC on one system and another for the same game on the other. Then I can use one DLC on one system and the other on the other, but never both. There should be a way to link "family" for DLC licensing, rather than forcing multiple purchases of DLC.

Evo monkey 247
04-17-2010, 08:27 AM
I may as well hijack this thread with my own question:

Can you install games to a USB memory stick? Or can you own do that to a hard drive?

Thanks ;)

v SnOwMaN v
04-17-2010, 10:07 AM
I may as well hijack this thread with my own question:

Can you install games to a USB memory stick? Or can you own do that to a hard drive?

Thanks ;)

Anything you can do with a HDD, you can do with a USB flash drive or portable HDD.