PDA

View Full Version : I think I just figured out why I always come back to Halo 2....

roywilliams31
03-09-2006, 06:19 PM
The controls.

I played the demo of The Outfit this week...deleted it after playing about half an hour. Why? The controls are sluggish and unresponsive while the vehicle handling is atrocious. The game isn't bad by any means....but the controls make the game unplayable for me.

This is why I always find myself coming back to Halo 2....whether it be single or multi-player....the controls are flawless. Perfect response time, perfect button mapping, etc. Not to sounds like a "fanboy" or anything because Halo 2 has obvious flaws, but the spot-on controls make the game so much more enjoyable for me....as is with any game.

Controls are the one aspect of games that I think need to be handled with much care because I think they can make or break a game. Obviously gameplay is very important, but I think controls are overlooked in the grand scheme of things. I don't wanna have to fight with my controller when trying to play a game....everything should come natural, ya know?

What's everyone else's take on this?

g4m3r7ag
03-09-2006, 07:39 PM
agreed

extra characters

k_dog
03-09-2006, 08:36 PM
I've played COUNTLESS hours on Halo 2 and anymore, it's a friggin' waste of my time.

My old account has been Stuck on Level 38 for quite some time now because why? If I enter a ranked match, somebody will cheat. Undoubtedly.

You know why I always avoid Halo now, because 90% of the People online, cheat.

I'll stick to MLG invitationals.

-Brian

roywilliams31
03-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Which is why I tend to gravitate toward unranked matches. You seem to get a better game there, anyways...but yeah, the cheating does kind of suck.

Unranked, Custom, and Split screen are the way to go.

Besides, can't argue with my original point....the controls...haha.

SpideR NY
03-10-2006, 03:03 AM
The controlls are good. The graphics are above average. the multiplayer modes are awesome. that being said I always went back to Rainbow. But since 360 is out I dont play any old Xbox games.

Smog
03-10-2006, 03:10 AM
Yeah I still play Halo 2 to this day. But rather than playing online ranked matches I usually play with friends or through SystemLink. It's cool too how the graphics look better on 360 and with a High Def TV, it looks like a whole new game :)

P1NSEEKER
03-10-2006, 02:32 PM
I couldnt agree more extremely responsive controls make games a joy to play. Compared to halo2 pdz feels like your playing waist high in treacle its so frustrating to be drilled in the back while your character sloooowly turns round (part of the reason ive hardly played any pdz online)

Lets not forget the fantastic lobby system of halo also

roywilliams31
03-10-2006, 03:22 PM
The lobby system is definitely a plus as well....I wish more game would implement that.

The Outfit kind of has that matchmaking sytle like Halo 2 though.

Oh well, I'm sure there will be plenty of games coming out for the 360 that trump Halo 2 in the controls department that I will love....it's just a matter of time.