PDA

View Full Version : New(ish) to the site. :-)

Psimon
04-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Have been using the site for a while now to get help with achievements. Figured it was about time I joined up properly. :-)

I've been playing games for 20+ years now. My first console was the Atari 2600 and since then I've had virtually every major console/computer going. I'm an extremely friendly gamer who is willing to help anyone as best I can. Am currently looking forward to getting my hands on SSF4, although my missus keeps nagging me to finish my other games first! :-D

Aside from gaming, my other hobbies are comics (am a huge comic geek). Have been reading and collecting comics longer than I've been gaming. :-D Am also a martial-arts instructor down here in Cornwall so am kept busy most of the time. I look forward to joining in the discussions here and perhaps meeting a few of you on LIVE. :-)

Feel free to add me on xbox live: PossessedPsimon

Vonzipper
04-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the forums Psimon! :)

That's how I came to join aswell - I'd been using the guides and lists for a while but never the forums and eventually went ahead and joined up.
Martial Arts instructor sounds pretty cool - whereabouts in Cornwall are you?

Psimon
04-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Cheers for the welcome dude. :-)

I live in a small town called Helston (about 10 miles from Falmouth and 9 miles from Penzance) at the moment, which is also where I teach. :-) Have you been to Cornwall yourself?

Vonzipper
04-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Nice one, I've been down to Helston once before but whenever I'm in Cornwall I'm usually down in Newquay.

I used to go for the Ripcurl Boardmasters Surfing event they've got down there every year but lately haven't been. I'm not a big surfer, I just like the scene around that time. Newqauy's awesome.

Psimon
04-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Lol! I'm not a surfer either but have been to the event too. It's such a great atmosphere down there. Hardly ever get to go there nowadays, spend most of my time in Truro or a day out in Plymouth.

Helston is really small but it's a nice place. I'm the manager of an independant games shop here which is quite handy. :-D The missus and I want to move in a couple of years though. :-)