PDA

View Full Version : glad i never listened to the complainers

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-17-2010, 12:16 PM
So been playing this with my woman, dragged her on it because i wanted a decent partner. one i could mold into my playstyle lol

well this game is fantastic

spent a good 8 hours on the first two co-op missions, while she got up to speed and i got used to the gameplay.

after seeing 4 chapters i was bummed out until i played them and they are really big maps with tons of objectives and they last quite some time

where people get the idea you can run and gun on realistic is beyond me. you drop down like a sack really fast. its not like you can hide in cover either because the dudes flank you and throw grenades and when you try and dart to another cover you get shot at or run into other dudes, plus more reinforcements come unlike in single player which is also challenging. stealth is definately the way to go

the mark and execute system doesnt make the game too easy. you never get enough, they are hard to earn most of the time and involve alot of prepwork to make sure you get all the guys. because if you dont you get spotted and chaos ensues. its pretty mandatory for some places too and it never feels like a win button. more of a desperation or well planned thing

i wont lie to you guys on realistic we died an awful lot and i wouldnt call myself a bad gamer. been playing for 20 years and was pretty pwnsome at the older games and this really snt easy.

the ai is alot better too than past iterations. i replayed the older games weeks up to launch (today for me btw) and the ai was rediculous. this ai is pretty brutal most of the time with a few exceptions

i played some of the story too and it was great.

why people say this doesnt feel like splintercell is a mystery but to each their own. i'm enjoying this and i shall be playing my game for many months ahead at this rate.

leaving the forums now. only came here for info and just got a wall of unnecessary hate spewed about every single little aspect of the game the majority of which wasnt even true.

so toodles and might see some of you online

EliteShadowMan
04-17-2010, 12:30 PM
So been playing this with my woman, dragged her on it because i wanted a decent partner. one i could mold into my playstyle lol

well this game is fantastic

spent a good 8 hours on the first two co-op missions, while she got up to speed and i got used to the gameplay.

after seeing 4 chapters i was bummed out until i played them and they are really big maps with tons of objectives and they last quite some time

where people get the idea you can run and gun on realistic is beyond me. you drop down like a sack really fast. its not like you can hide in cover either because the dudes flank you and throw grenades and when you try and dart to another cover you get shot at or run into other dudes, plus more reinforcements come unlike in single player which is also challenging. stealth is definately the way to go

the mark and execute system doesnt make the game too easy. you never get enough, they are hard to earn most of the time and involve alot of prepwork to make sure you get all the guys. because if you dont you get spotted and chaos ensues. its pretty mandatory for some places too and it never feels like a win button. more of a desperation or well planned thing

i wont lie to you guys on realistic we died an awful lot and i wouldnt call myself a bad gamer. been playing for 20 years and was pretty pwnsome at the older games and this really snt easy.

the ai is alot better too than past iterations. i replayed the older games weeks up to launch (today for me btw) and the ai was rediculous. this ai is pretty brutal most of the time with a few exceptions

i played some of the story too and it was great.

why people say this doesnt feel like splintercell is a mystery but to each their own. i'm enjoying this and i shall be playing my game for many months ahead at this rate.

leaving the forums now. only came here for info and just got a wall of unnecessary hate spewed about every single little aspect of the game the majority of which wasnt even true.

so toodles and might see some of you online

That's because most of the people playing conviction are Double Agent noobs who never played any other splinter cell and would take any information they got from game informer and get themselves hyped up...to be honest i still think Chaos Theory is the best but i am loving conviction

Barad
04-17-2010, 01:29 PM
This game is pretty brilliant lol

skiscaraudio
04-17-2010, 01:49 PM
i'm with ChArG1nMaLAZ0R (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=196260) i def love this..me n me wife are comin off of borderlands and lfdead2 couch co-op and this is the change we need, granted she at first did'nt like the "no run gun" but she "wants" to play now!
love this game...do hope the realistic chieve pops tho when i'm done this week

ChaosGod87
04-17-2010, 02:06 PM
I still need to do a co op, I wish my gf would help, but she isn't into the whole stealthy game type.

Spanish Assault
04-17-2010, 02:52 PM
I too am glad I bought this game...

Game is amazing.