PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the Titans SUCKED!

Barack BEAUbama
04-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Anyone agree? I mean it just wasn't all that great. I think there wasn't enough action in it and the final fight scene kinda blowed.

elephantd
04-17-2010, 01:31 PM
(spoiler)
I wouldn't say sucked, I liked the movie but the pacing was off. I mean the final fight secne of the crawgin or w.e took 2 mins and then Hades appears almost right after to get owned by a sord. Like really? Three mins and you killed the crawgin and sent hades to hell, could thing i wasen't blinking.

Barack BEAUbama
04-17-2010, 03:17 PM
(spoiler)
I wouldn't say sucked, I liked the movie but the pacing was off. I mean the final fight secne of the crawgin or w.e took 2 mins and then Hades appears almost right after to get owned by a sord. Like really? Three mins and you killed the crawgin and sent hades to hell, could thing i wasen't blinking.

Yeah, and it was rushed. The whole movie, like somehow the main character (who fished his whole life) knew how to handle a sword well enough to take down giant scorpions, an ugly snake bitch, a massive titan, and the god of the underworld... all within a couple of days it seemed. I think that there should have been more fight scenes, and there should have been a better relationship between him and the princess if you as me - instead of that zombie chick that can never die but somehow manages to.

Tussell
04-17-2010, 08:29 PM
I still really want to see it.

DevilMaster18
04-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Anyone agree? I mean it just wasn't all that great. I think there wasn't enough action in it and the final fight scene kinda blowed.

Not enough action? I thought it had too much action and not enough story telling. I do love great and consistent action but this one just need to tell more about the characters, story etc...

Thoroughly entertaining though but yeah i think it could of been better. The Medusa head turn the giant Kraken to stone but it can't turn that mage character to stone :S

Still great film but i prefer if they used the first ever Greek Gods (Chaos and Theogany was it?), i want to see how they came to existence.

Also, Poseidon The Ruler of the Sea is brother of Hades and Zeus, and Hades use Kraken as a threat, but isn't Kraken the pet of Poseiden? Or Zeus and Poseidon don't like each other? How did Hades release Kraken if it's Poseiden's pet...? Hades has 3 headed hell hound (Cerberus)...

It's so confusing, it doesn't follow the greek mythology although i maybe wrong as i haven't read thoroughly enough, but that's what i thought anyway.

GreaseMonkeyGB
04-17-2010, 10:18 PM
I still really want to see it.

same, but this thread makes me think outherwise.:confused:

AdamArmy
04-17-2010, 10:40 PM
It was so bad. Go see Kick Ass

Killer66250
04-18-2010, 12:27 AM
I didn't even bother going to see it, but then again I knew it would never top the original.

Tgisme
04-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Heard nothing but bad things about it. Then went to see it for myself, and sure enough, bad things are all I got out of it too. Going to see Kick-Ass soon, that one sounds promising.

McGoogles
04-18-2010, 02:30 AM
Clash of the Titans, a big disappointment. Release the Cracker! Or, Kraken, was lame. It lasted about two minutes then got owned.

And yes, Kick Ass was amazing.

Barack BEAUbama
04-18-2010, 03:49 AM
Hades has 3 headed hell hound (Cerberus)...

I would have liked to see that fight scene.

litepink
04-18-2010, 03:54 AM
Yea, I thought it was one of the worst movies I have seen in YEARS. That's saying a lot, since I am a sucker for almost any movie.

In fact, the only movie of the top of my head that I can say I HATE, is Napoleon Dynamite, and if you asked me which I rather watch, I'd watch ND.

I did the like the part though were Qui-Gon Jinn released the Rancor. :p

DevilMaster18
04-18-2010, 09:57 AM
I would have liked to see that fight scene.

Unfortunately that is not there... Because Hades control Kraken even though his pet is suppose to be Cerberus... Why Hades used Poseiden's pet - Kraken, i have no clue...

Kaiyo
04-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Bad movie, I knew it....
A certain god-killing game had more awesome in one of its fights than this whole movie.

agentplatypus
04-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Yea movie was shit. I was so pumped especially after just beating the amazing God of War 3. But damn, I was disappointed.

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 09:38 AM
ya but most remakes suck anyway, people should know this beforehand and avoid each and every one of them. If it ain't broke then don't fix it as the old saying goes. Still, i doubt it could have been worse than Transformers 2, which to me is the worst movie i've seen in like the last 10 years at least.

agentplatypus
04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
ya but most remakes suck anyway, people should know this beforehand and avoid each and every one of them. If it ain't broke then don't fix it as the old saying goes. Still, i doubt it could have been worse than Transformers 2, which to me is the worst movie i've seen in like the last 10 years at least. I sadly enjoyed Transformers 2 more than Clash of the Titans. And I didn't enjoy Transformers 2 at all.

Ardy
04-19-2010, 10:30 AM
I honestly didn't mind it. Although the way he killed that huge demon was quite the let-down.

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 10:32 AM
I sadly enjoyed Transformers 2 more than Clash of the Titans. And I didn't enjoy Transformers 2 at all.

:eek: oh man, i better avoid this movie like the plague then

Nozza XBA
04-19-2010, 10:48 AM

I liked it but I agree with you in saying there wasnt enought action. I said those precise word to mate mate right after we saw it.

He also got the ticket in advanced in 3D and that was a waste of my money. I think I counted 3 worth while bits which werent actually all that good.

I also noticed you could watch at least a 3rd of the film without your glasses on caus there was hardly any 3D parts.

I was well pissed off with the end fight. The whole film was about killing the Kraken.. This unstoppable monster of the sea.. O no, I'll just climb this wooden frame and point this head at him for 5 seconds. I wanted an all out war/battle against him! Something like LotR's.

Overall I didnt mind it but nowhere near enough action and I feel it was a waste of what could of been such an amazing film! I also had a go at my mate (when booking in advance) not to get 3D caus its a waste. Imo it just doesnt add anything worth while to a film and costs me more!

Also, Poseidon The Ruler of the Sea is brother of Hades and Zeus, and Hades use Kraken as a threat, but isn't Kraken the pet of Poseiden? Or Zeus and Poseidon don't like each other? How did Hades release Kraken if it's Poseiden's pet...? Hades has 3 headed hell hound (Cerberus)...

To me that sounds right. Also.. did Poseidon even make an apearance?

DevilMaster18
04-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I liked it but I agree with you in saying there wasnt enought action. I said those precise word to mate mate right after we saw it.

He also got the ticket in advanced in 3D and that was a waste of my money. I think I counted 3 worth while bits which werent actually all that good.

I also noticed you could watch at least a 3rd of the film without your glasses on caus there was hardly any 3D parts.

I was well pissed off with the end fight. The whole film was about killing the Kraken.. This unstoppable monster of the sea.. O no, I'll just climb this wooden frame and point this head at him for 5 seconds. I wanted an all out war/battle against him! Something like LotR's.

Overall I didnt mind it but nowhere near enough action and I feel it was a waste of what could of been such an amazing film! I also had a go at my mate (when booking in advance) not to get 3D caus its a waste. Imo it just doesnt add anything worth while to a film and costs me more!

To me that sounds right. Also.. did Poseidon even make an apearance?

I don't think Poseidon made an appearance, although i think when they named the Gods the camera did pan to the ocean (i'm not too sure).

DevilMaster18
04-19-2010, 11:40 AM
ya but most remakes suck anyway, people should know this beforehand and avoid each and every one of them. If it ain't broke then don't fix it as the old saying goes. Still, i doubt it could have been worse than Transformers 2, which to me is the worst movie i've seen in like the last 10 years at least.

I wouldn't say "avoid each and every one of them" but i do agree a large percentage of them aren't as good as the original.

Some like The Crazies, Dawn of the Dead, King Kong etc... are very, very good remakes in my opinion.

Nozza XBA
04-19-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't think Poseidon made an appearance, although i think when they named the Gods the camera did pan to the ocean (i'm not too sure).

Yeh I kind of did show the ocean in a way but thats just water? Unless he is the ocean so you cant really show him but I doubt he is.. Not showing him was strange though.

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't say "avoid each and every one of them" but i do agree a large percentage of them aren't as good as the original.

Some like The Crazies, Dawn of the Dead, King Kong etc... are very, very good remakes in my opinion.

The Dawn of the Dead remake was...ok...i guess. King Kong i really didn't like because during the entire time i was watching it i kept thinking "why am i watching this when i could be watching the better original movie?" and that's the problem i have with most of these remakes. Why are you trying to remake a movie that basically got it right in the first place? I mean, if the movie NEEDED a remake cause it was un-finished or didn't live up to its potential, then i'd understand, but seriously, what the hell was the point of re-making King Kong other then making money and using special effects? i can't wait till this "remake" craze is over, of course they'll just remake the movies they just remade 10 years from now, or in the Incredible Hulk's case, 5 years :p

HarperBird
04-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah i'm Nozza mate who brought the ticket (for some reason in 3D i dunno why!) i thought it was way too rushed could have been more epic like LOTR and if anyone still wants to see just go 2D do not waste your money!!! You have been warned!!

DevilMaster18
04-19-2010, 02:46 PM
The Dawn of the Dead remake was...ok...i guess. King Kong i really didn't like because during the entire time i was watching it i kept thinking "why am i watching this when i could be watching the better original movie?" and that's the problem i have with most of these remakes. Why are you trying to remake a movie that basically got it right in the first place? I mean, if the movie NEEDED a remake cause it was un-finished or didn't live up to its potential, then i'd understand, but seriously, what the hell was the point of re-making King Kong other then making money and using special effects? i can't wait till this "remake" craze is over, of course they'll just remake the movies they just remade 10 years from now, or in the Incredible Hulk's case, 5 years :p

I understand your point of view. But, the idea of a remake is to bring back the classics so younger generations have the chance to experience it. It's most likely that if you ask a 7-12 year old to watch the old King Kong they'd turn it down but if you show them the new King Kong that Peter Jackson created, they would be willingly and happily watch it.

I think it's a brilliant idea to remake films (if they're good) because it'll bring back the classics back to life. Let's say you was a huge, huge fan of Dawn of the Dead and giving a choice to watch the new 1 you'll definitely accept it as not only it brings back memories but you also want the franchise to continue as you love it.

So both customer (money and times worth) and creator (earning money from their hard work) will be getting their fair share of what they deserve.

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I understand your point of view. But, the idea of a remake is to bring back the classics so younger generations have the chance to experience it. It's most likely that if you ask a 7-12 year old to watch the old King Kong they'd turn it down but if you show them the new King Kong that Peter Jackson created, they would be willingly and happily watch it.

I think it's a brilliant idea to remake films (if they're good) because it'll bring back the classics back to life. Let's say you was a huge, huge fan of Dawn of the Dead and giving a choice to watch the new 1 you'll definitely accept it as not only it brings back memories but you also want the franchise to continue as you love it.

So both customer (money and times worth) and creator (earning money from their hard work) will be getting their fair share of what they deserve.

Dawn Of The Dead is my favorite horror movie, and i saw no reason for them to remake it. Nonetheless, it was one of the only remakes i actually went to go see in the theater. I thought it was ok, and maybe it would have been pretty good on it's own, but since it was a remake i was again thinking "you know, this isn't as fun as watching the original". As for customers, most fans of any of the originals will tell you firsthand they wouldn't watch the remake (i think there's polls and all that crap about this, but i'm not 100% sure). Fans of original movies have no problem with a remake if that said movie has problems with it, like no being fully realized, script being changed, things like that. But when you remake a movie like King Kong, or even a movie like Nightmare On Elm Street, you better bring your A game as a writer/producer/director. Cause you've already got fans of the original panning your movie without even seeing it. And i really don't think 7-10 year olds are someone who should count, they don't know what they're watching. Why you think Transformers made so much money? they saw crap explode and robots farting and ate that garbage up. The parents have to sit there and endure that trash. Not that the King Kong remake was that bad, but still, it was too "Hollywood-ized" for my liking. If kids weren't spoiled and so against watching black and white movies (which i'll never understand why someone would not watch a movie cause it's black and white anyway) then they'd see a real movie with real actors. Not some over-dramatized cgi flick. Anyway, i'm getting way off the subject. I'll just end it by saying i hate remakes, only good one i ever saw was John Carpenter's The Thing, and that freakin came out in 1982 :)

DevilMaster18
04-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Dawn Of The Dead is my favorite horror movie, and i saw no reason for them to remake it. Nonetheless, it was one of the only remakes i actually went to go see in the theater. I thought it was ok, and maybe it would have been pretty good on it's own, but since it was a remake i was again thinking "you know, this isn't as fun as watching the original". As for customers, most fans of any of the originals will tell you firsthand they wouldn't watch the remake (i think there's polls and all that crap about this, but i'm not 100% sure). Fans of original movies have no problem with a remake if that said movie has problems with it, like no being fully realized, script being changed, things like that. But when you remake a movie like King Kong, or even a movie like Nightmare On Elm Street, you better bring your A game as a writer/producer/director. Cause you've already got fans of the original panning your movie without even seeing it. And i really don't think 7-10 year olds are someone who should count, they don't know what they're watching. Why you think Transformers made so much money? they saw crap explode and robots farting and ate that garbage up. The parents have to sit there and endure that trash. Not that the King Kong remake was that bad, but still, it was too "Hollywood-ized" for my liking. If kids weren't spoiled and so against watching black and white movies (which i'll never understand why someone would not watch a movie cause it's black and white anyway) then they'd see a real movie with real actors. Not some over-dramatized cgi flick. Anyway, i'm getting way off the subject. I'll just end it by saying i hate remakes, only good one i ever saw was John Carpenter's The Thing, and that freakin came out in 1982 :)

Fair deuce, point well made. I understand why you said "why kids can't watch black/white films these days" but i also understand why kids don't want to watch those, it's not that the film isn't good but simply the aestheticism of the film doesn't appeal to them as much as modern day films.

I personally have no problem with black/white, 80's, 90's or modern day film as i was brought up in the 90's so i'm there when technology are still being developed but kids these day that's born into the modern society (after the millenium) with HD, colour TV, and other advanced technology are around won't truely understand what it's like watching classics. I have no problem with remakes as long as they're good and the only thing we customers can hope from a remake is that the actors/actress are good, great director, script more or less same but improved and so on...

KFZ Scrubs
04-20-2010, 05:39 AM
Well.. i usually don't listen to reviews before i watch movies... but since 9 i'm all over reviews before i watch. Good thing i've put off watching the movie.... Kick Ass was amazing... glad i watched that as soon as it came out instead of Clash.