PDA

View Full Version : New Games Being Added on 28th April

jd070993
04-17-2010, 04:27 PM
As the title says, the next batch of new games for Game Room will be released on 28th April.

After this, new games will be released every Wednesday, similar to XBLA titles.

Good enough, I guess.

EDIT: The games being added onto Game Room on 28th April have now been confirmed by Major Nelson. These are:

Night Stalker
Super Breakout
Pitfall!
Megamania
Rack ‘Em Up
Realsports Volleyball
Basketball

(Thanks to hectorpuppet for the heads up)

In addition, there are more games that are rumoured to be added, but are not confirmed. These are:

Mega Man
Pac-Man
RealSports Baseball
River Raid
Shark! Shark!
Sky Diver
Spider Fighter
Star Strike
Double Dragon
Asteroids
Jail Break

Source:
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2010/04/20/xbox-live-marketplace-release-schedule-april-20.aspx

linktriforce007
04-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I heard that Night Stalker was going to be released on Thursday 4/29. What puts your statement above that one?

lonesquiff
04-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Is there any word on which games will be available in the new batch?

jd070993
04-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Is there any word on which games will be available in the new batch?

No, not yet.

I heard that Night Stalker was going to be released on Thursday 4/29. What puts your statement above that one?

This comes from the new SentUAMessage video that released in the UK today. If you live in the US, it should appear on Inside Xbox within a few days.

linktriforce007
04-18-2010, 02:19 AM
No, not yet.

This comes from the new SentUAMessage video that released in the UK today. If you live in the US, it should appear on Inside Xbox within a few days.

So, 4/28...hmm. That's enough time for me to save up some money =)

hectorpuppet
04-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Here's what we're getting per Major Nelson:

Super Breakout, Pitfall!, Megamania, Night Stalker, Rack ‘Em Up, Realsports Volleyball, Basketball

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2010/04/20/xbox-live-marketplace-release-schedule-april-20.aspx

Yay, I guess?

jd070993
04-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Here's what we're getting per Major Nelson:

Super Breakout, Pitfall!, Megamania, Night Stalker, Rack ‘Em Up, Realsports Volleyball, Basketball

Yay, I guess?

Yep, I can confirm that. I'll add it to main post.

Definitely buying Super Breakout. I like the bat & ball games :)

Skode
04-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Some awesome games in that lineup - a lot of people are going to bitch about the selection somewhat but to be honest Super Breakout will be fantastic and a fraction of the price that Arkanoid Live is for on the Marketplace for any sort of similar gameplay.

I also think there will be ton of fun to be had with Pitfall, Realsports Volleyball and Megamania. Cant recall Rack Em Up on the spot so its going to have to be a demo run to decide on that but im actually looking like getting around a 1000MSP of games from pack 03... if thats the case then i must admit it will have been worth the wait - now to tell my online buddies what we should all invest in for challenges :woop:

heinstach
04-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Quite a varied pack although none of my favourites are included. There should be something for everyone, nonetheless.

In my case, Super Breakout and Pitfall are the first titles to be purchased, probably followed by Nightstalker which looks like a fun game based on gameplay vids on youtube.

Battle Monkey
04-21-2010, 06:13 AM
Hope they add some better ones because the ones coming out are lame...
Super Breakout and Rack em up are the only ones moderatley fun the rest weren't fun then and their not fun now...

Wortsenawl
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
I really like the idea and concept behind the game room, but I am really disappointed at the selection thus far. It seems they are only adding games that they cannot justify 400-800 points for in the main XBLA section.

However, if there is a truth in the rumour that they will release the following then I will be happy.

Shark! Shark!
Double Dragon
Jail Break

I would also like to see Kung Fu Master, Speed Rumbler, Robocop, Rastan & Spyhunter(could imagine this being an 400 or 800 pt game though in XBLA)

Actually, I need only boot up mame and I could give tonnes of titles I would like to see. Either way, the release of these games is a step in the right direction to keep old titles alive and well in gamespace.

linktriforce007
04-22-2010, 04:17 AM
Why are we talking constant about mame? Doesn't anyone know that mame is illegal?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080527193705AAQtrZS

Yeah...I really don't get why we talk about illegal things. At least we weren't chatting about 4/20 in the threads I was reading...so I guess there's still hope.

Moving on, people want to buy the arcade games for the sake of owning them, the rights. They belong to the people legally.

How Emulators/ROMs work is that you can legally play a game on there if you own a copy in the original version at your home. Otherwise, it is illegal, because you do not own the rights to that game.

Wortsenawl
04-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Moving on, people want to buy the arcade games for the sake of owning them, the rights. They belong to the people legally.

That's the whole point of my post... it does say "need only" not will, or have, etc. As far as legality goes, thanks, but I don't need a lesson.

Actually, I need only boot up mame and I could give tonnes of titles I would like to see

MAME in itself is not illegal, playing ROMS you don't own is. And how the hell would you know what ROMS I own or don't? MAME also contains a library of arcade information which you don't need the ROMs to access. So I am perfectly within my rights to boot it up and get a list of games I would *like to see in the game room* as per my post.

Sorry if that is a little off topic, but I don't need Mary Whitehouse here telling me the why's and wherefore's of life.

Edit:
How Emulators/ROMs work is that you can legally play a game on there if you own a copy in the original version at your home. Otherwise, it is illegal....

And to be clear, you don't need to own the ROM in your own home, you need to own the ROM (or rights to the ROM) full stop. As with any emulator (I have Amiga, Spec and Commodore ones running) if you have the game or proof of puchase of the game, it doesn't matter where the hell it is, storage, bank vault, parents atic - the game itself doesn't even need to work anymore. Having a receipt for a game you threw away would entitle you to play it on an emulator. Of course, if you have sold the game then you have also sold your right of title to said game.

Death Metal Jim
04-22-2010, 12:23 PM
wow, if that rumored list is true i may actually decide to download this. Now if only they'd add games like X-Men Arcade and Sunset Riders i'd be playin it constantly :)

JLogan27
04-22-2010, 03:27 PM
What will be the versions of Pitfall! and Basketball?

Atari? Intellivision? Other?

linktriforce007
04-23-2010, 12:14 AM
What will be the versions of Pitfall! and Basketball?

Atari? Intellivision? Other?

This is a very good question. I played it on Atari myself, so I believe Pitfall to be the Atari version. Intellivision has been giving game room the sports games, so I'm guessing they're gonna do the basketball one as well.

SirVexBruzer
04-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Wow. Well 1st of all. 420 420 420. It's my favorite holiday. I live in Cali though where it's LEGAL. So there's that. Don't censor me cause I legally smoke marijana and you don't.
As far as the game room, spy hunter would be sweet. MEGAMANIA!?!? Seriously? Ok i only had the world record in that in 4th grade. (yes im sure) to bad the picture didn't turn out from the camera flash and the bulb T.V. Stupid 80's.
Bad Tech: Weapons/WMDs/Drugs and Medicine
Good tech: Video games,recycling, Drugs and Medicine, Digital cams, H.D. T.V

linktriforce007
04-24-2010, 02:00 PM
on 4/24 you posted about 420. The Game Room games cost 240...So...where'd you get 420 from?

littlejay
04-25-2010, 04:30 AM
he forgot to celebrate 420? :p

and the new games seem ok. i never got to play any of these old games back in the day so some of them are nice experiences tho they dont have much replay value.

pitfall is a def when it comes out tho. still need 4 more games to get 20 of each medal and the road to lvl 20 is going to be expensive if i cant get gold in everything :p

lildevilbmxer
04-25-2010, 05:52 AM
sweet i need new games lol. well i need to go buy another card bill gates is getting rich from me

linktriforce007
04-25-2010, 07:49 AM
sweet i need new games lol. well i need to go buy another card bill gates is getting rich from me

my buddy works at bestbuy, so I get extremely cheap cards now and then