PDA

View Full Version : Is the game worth it?

mikachu93
04-17-2010, 08:31 PM
I've wanted a Tenkaichi-esque game for the 360 for a while (Burst Limit wasn't my kind of game), but I'm afraid Raging Blast might be on too small a scale for me to enjoy. Having played the Budokai/Tenkaichi titles since the initial release, I've gotten spoiled with 160+ (meaning 161) characters to choose from.

What I want to know is: did you find the character variety, the difficulty of the story, and the achievement list worth the purchase? Those are basically my deciding factors.

Dragon_22
04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
I've wanted a Tenkaichi-esque game for the 360 for a while (Burst Limit wasn't my kind of game), but I'm afraid Raging Blast might be on too small a scale for me to enjoy. Having played the Budokai/Tenkaichi titles since the initial release, I've gotten spoiled with 160+ (meaning 161) characters to choose from.

I thought the same before I bought the game but I didn't regret it. The achievements keep you busy, that's for sure.

the character variety

There's definitely more variety in the characters. it even made me appreciate them more. I like playing with for example Raditz/Nappa way more in RB than in BT3.

the difficulty of the story

You sound like a veteran to Tenkaichi, in that case the story mode will be easy, assuming you did the tutorial or played the demo.

the achievement list?

Best not underestimate it. Most of them are time-consuming since the game has quite some content and this one particular trophy (All Ruined) is really frustrating. Don't expect it to 1000/1000 this one in a weekend. But with enough dedication it is certainly doable and quite some fun.

There are also online achievements but you can boost them and there are still people playing online.

mikachu93
04-19-2010, 01:27 AM
I thought the same before I bought the game but I didn't regret it. The achievements keep you busy, that's for sure.

There's definitely more variety in the characters. it even made me appreciate them more. I like playing with for example Raditz/Nappa way more in RB than in BT3.

You sound like a veteran to Tenkaichi, in that case the story mode will be easy, assuming you did the tutorial or played the demo.

Best not underestimate it. Most of them are time-consuming since the game has quite some content and this one particular trophy (All Ruined) is really frustrating. Don't expect it to 1000/1000 this one in a weekend. But with enough dedication it is certainly doable and quite some fun.

There are also online achievements but you can boost them and there are still people playing online.
I was expecting some half-assed response, but this is exactly the kind of reply I was hoping for.

Sounds like I should definitely pick up the game, then. Hope I can snag it by the end of the week, before that Gamestop sale is over. Thanks!

RudeBoy TK
05-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Yes this is one of my best fight game with the most character list en hardest achievement list, the story mode is very easy sow only the stars are not sow easy