PDA

View Full Version : The Prestige (Film), something i don't understand.

DevilMaster18
04-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Near the end, when the duplication magic happens everytime. Who drowns and who get teleported to the balcony, the original Angier or the copy?

Also, another thing i didn't understand. Why did Cutter help Borden at the end?

Was Cutter working for Borden all along?

Which Borden die, his twin (the bearded guy) or the real Borden himself?

So dam confusing film but very good film. :confused::)

Massa Siggy
04-17-2010, 08:44 PM
The only answer I can postulate is that somewhere along the line, the original Angier died so the living duplicate kept masquerading as the original.

Just a thought.

The Pants Party
04-17-2010, 08:47 PM
The copies are drowned. The real Angier is shot at the end by Borden.

Cutter ends up helping Borden because he was the reason he was in jail (finding him with the dying copy in the water tank), then seeing that Angier adopted Borden's daughter just out of spite, he felt guilty and helped him. He wasn't working with him until then.

Borden is reunited with his daughter at the end, it is his twin who dies.

Great movie. :)

DevilMaster18
04-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for clearing it up! But didn't Borden (the one in jail) say "don't you hurt her" or "daddy will be out soon" when Angier brang Borden's daughter to visit him? That's why i got confused because i swear the original Borden was in jail.

The Pants Party
04-18-2010, 05:25 AM
Well they were still under the ruse of being the same person at that point, so he played as being the father. If I remember right (been a while since I've seen it), when the Borden in jail (the twin) is saying goodbye to his "assistant" (the real Borden) he apologizes for what happened to the wife and mother of the child. She killed herself because she thought he loved the other woman, but it was just the twin who loved her and not the real guy.

rvlution
04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Great movie, I recommend the book.