PDA

View Full Version : Private settings = Not showing up on mgc?

Rally Dirt
04-17-2010, 09:22 PM
I've been looking at mygamercard.net and the gamerscore leaderboard. I've noticed that some of people that been in the top 25 for ever is gone.

I searched for a few gamertags who had disappeared from the boards, and their gamerscore hadn't been reset. I also got two friends who don't show up on their respective leaderboard, so does anyone know what's up with that?

Note; I'm talking about the gamerscore leaderboard and not the game leaderboard.

Edit; I just watched all the players I know who got privacy settings and from what I can see, non of them are ranked on their country leaderboard. When you check their stats it says; Country rank: Calculating.

Glowin Smurff
04-17-2010, 09:24 PM
certain sites didn't wait for MS to start reseting again and have just removed the offenders from their lists first.

Rally Dirt
04-17-2010, 09:36 PM
certain sites didn't wait for MS to start reseting again and have just removed the offenders from their lists first. So all people with private settings use cheats? I really don't follow.

KillerBEA
04-17-2010, 10:20 PM
So all people with private settings use cheats? I really don't follow. no it just makes you more suspicous. mgc has been cracking down on people cheating so they dont include those kind of people on their leaderboard

Rally Dirt
04-17-2010, 10:58 PM
no it just makes you more suspicous. mgc has been cracking down on people cheating so they dont include those kind of people on their leaderboard
Ok, I still see a lot cheaters but not a single person with privacy settings. But so basically no one with privacy settings will show up on the leaderboards anymore.

IGzxManiiac
04-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Its got nothing to do with privacy settings, however more people who do cheat do display private settings, but having privacy settings has nothing to do with getting deleted off mgc. MGC has obviously found a new way to detect cheaters so I guess thats good news for us and bad for the cheaters who crave that leaderboard position.

Rally Dirt
04-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Its got nothing to do with privacy settings, however more people who do cheat do display private settings, but having privacy settings has nothing to do with getting deleted off mgc. MGC has obviously found a new way to detect cheaters so I guess thats good news for us and bad for the cheaters who crave that leaderboard position.
Hehe, you didn't understand but that's okey.

It seems like some people having a hard time understanding me. So, last try... If you got privacy settings you wont show up on the leaderboard - that's just a fact - I just want to know why.

People who've gamesaved and don't have privacy settings still end up on the leaderboards - so I don't really see the good thing about it.

Glowin Smurff
04-18-2010, 05:51 AM

It seems like some people having a hard time understanding me. So, last try... If you got privacy settings you wont show up on the leaderboard - that's just a fact - I just want to know why.

People who've gamesaved and don't have privacy settings still end up on the leaderboards - so I don't really see the good thing about it.

then this is a question to ask MGC.

SSJ3
04-18-2010, 11:40 AM

What so everyone with Privacy Settings on MGC won't show up any more? Or are you just looking at the top "cheaters" who had privacy settings on before?

Rally Dirt
04-18-2010, 12:12 PM
What so everyone with Privacy Settings on MGC won't show up any more? Or are you just looking at the top "cheaters" who had privacy settings on before?
Ehno... I'm pretty sure all account with privacy settings (cheaters or not) won't end up on the boards. But then, again, I've only checked around 30 accounts with privacy settings (non cheaters) and they didn't show up on the leaderboards.

SSJ3
04-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Ehno... I'm pretty sure all account with privacy settings (cheaters or not) won't end up on the boards. But then, again, I've only checked around 30 accounts with privacy settings (non cheaters) and they didn't show up on the leaderboards.

I can see why there doing that then, because if your not a cheater then there's no need to hide your games.

Rally Dirt
04-18-2010, 01:07 PM
I can see why there doing that then, because if your not a cheater then there's no need to hide your games.
Really? So, you got the same strategy about people who set their friend lists to "friends only"?

Some people might not even know that they got privacy settings turned on, since, if you create you account before you've turned 18 you need your parents permission and your account will automatically have privacy setting enabled - but I take it you're a cheater of some kind then, as well.

sak7395
04-18-2010, 08:16 PM
not all people i use private settings and i am legit

Morgon
04-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Hiya.

So, to directly answer the question: Yes, enabling Privacy Settings excludes you from Leaderboards.

The biggest reason behind this is due to feedback from people who did not want to show on the Leaderboard. Yes, some cheaters try to use that too, but that's largely a bonus.

As I mentioned on the 'Spring Cleaning (http://inside.mygamercard.net/2010/04/17/spring-cleaning-starts-on-mgc-leaderboards-receive-a-scrubbing/)' news on MGC, I'll still serve GamerCards and Profiles to both Cheaters and 'Private' users, they're just ineligible to be ranked.

In regards to the 'Calculating', you've just caught it at a time where it's doing exactly that. Should only last a minute or two. (The alternative was to have the page hang until it was done, and that isn't good for anyone)

If you have any further questions about the way MGC does things, you may want to consider posting on the MGC Forums, since it's obviously a bit more visible to me or other people who frequent the site.

Hope this helps. :)