PDA

View Full Version : A Nightmare on Elm Street

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
04-18-2010, 03:08 AM
I just wanted to see how everyone feels about the remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street." Personally I think it looks pretty good. I like how Freddy is supposed to be more maniacal and evil. I also like his burns/scars, looks more realistic. I plan on seeing this. How about you guys?

Lord Yamikage
04-18-2010, 03:19 AM
Yup, I'm planning to watch this too. Trying to bring a friend with me, but we'll see how that goes. Never seen any original and sequels of NoES. Definitely looking forward for this movie because having killed in dream.... ho ho boy, you can't run from that.

Unlike Jason, Freddy cannot be stop literally (in my opinion). I mean, how are you going to stop yourself from dreaming? Anyway, 13 more days..... oh snap what a number.

Edit:

"Why are you screaming when I haven't cut you yet?" Freddy, 2010.

Ha ha, thought I share this. Laughed very hard because I'd ask the same question.

Burning Karma
04-18-2010, 04:28 AM
I'm interested in seeing it, but I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't bring Robert Englund back as Freddy.

Filter x360a
04-18-2010, 04:48 AM
I'm interested in seeing it, but I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't bring Robert Englund back as Freddy.

Exactly my feelings about it. I have a feeling I'll pick it apart for this reason alone.

TR3NT REZNOR
04-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty excited but am a little skeptical of a new Freddy also

DevilMaster18
04-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Looks great, hope it's not going to be a disappointment. Most remakes are bad but this one looks quite promising.

Euvel
04-18-2010, 08:12 PM
I do not think I'll be checking this one out. I'd rather check out the first movies before checking this one out.
Exactly my feelings about it. I have a feeling I'll pick it apart for this reason alone. I believe they offered him the part or some sort of job to help the adaptation of Krueger, but he denied it saying something along the lines of an adaptation is supposed to be a revision, not the original.

Tussell
04-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I do not think I'll be checking this one out. I'd rather check out the first movies before checking this one out.
I believe they offered him the part or some sort of job to help the adaptation of Krueger, but he denied it saying something along the lines of an adaptation is supposed to be a revision, not the original.
Correct, Englund said it wouldn't be a remake/re-imagining if it starred him as Freddy Krueger.

I really like the idea that he's wrongfully accused. I'll definitely be seeing this at midnight!

Iconoclast
04-19-2010, 05:46 AM
Another big movie fail. I get that these movies were popular <exaggeration>a hundred years ago</exaggeration> when the "horror" genre was just getting off its feet in modern cinema, but I've had about enough of these "has-been" films putting out sequels every few years *cough*Halloween, Friday the 13th, Scream*cough*. And I'm sure some sassy, opinionated individual will try to convince me otherwise by pointing out things like "Scream hasn't been around since 2000" and "such movies formed the foundation upon which modern horror films are built"...simply put, I don't care. Put them out of their misery already. Give the money to starving kids in Africa or something; the fragile minds of today's society are better off without this media garbage.

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
04-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Another big movie fail. I get that these movies were popular <exaggeration>a hundred years ago</exaggeration> when the "horror" genre was just getting off its feet in modern cinema, but I've had about enough of these "has-been" films putting out sequels every few years *cough*Halloween, Friday the 13th, Scream*cough*. And I'm sure some sassy, opinionated individual will try to convince me otherwise by pointing out things like "Scream hasn't been around since 2000" and "such movies formed the foundation upon which modern horror films are built"...simply put, I don't care. Put them out of their misery already. Give the money to starving kids in Africa or something; the fragile minds of today's society are better off without this media garbage.

But remember, whatever makes money, makes money. Look at Saw, it has like 6 sequels since like 2004 or something along that line. So even modern horror movies are pretty bad. Horror is a flopping genre that is failing. Horror today is mainly gore and violence over trying to scare people. I'm looking at this movie with the story in mind, not the horror, even though it still looks decent enough for a horror movie. I'm a big old-school slasher fan, so this is something I would look forward to.

BTW I'm not bashing you or trying to argue, I'm just saying remakes tend to suck, but even new movies released these days suck (for the horror genre). The Halloween remakes sucked. I thought the Friday the 13th remake was mediocre, but Jason X was horrible. Scream died after the first one for me. Then horrible movies like Prom Night and When a Stranger Calls were also horrible remakes. Even with this in mind, I plan to go to see the NoES remake.

Iconoclast
04-19-2010, 10:07 PM
But remember, whatever makes money, makes money. Look at Saw, it has like 6 sequels since like 2004 or something along that line. So even modern horror movies are pretty bad. Horror is a flopping genre that is failing. Horror today is mainly gore and violence over trying to scare people. I'm looking at this movie with the story in mind, not the horror, even though it still looks decent enough for a horror movie. I'm a big old-school slasher fan, so this is something I would look forward to.

BTW I'm not bashing you or trying to argue, I'm just saying remakes tend to suck, but even new movies released these days suck (for the horror genre). The Halloween remakes sucked. I thought the Friday the 13th remake was mediocre, but Jason X was horrible. Scream died after the first one for me. Then horrible movies like Prom Night and When a Stranger Calls were also horrible remakes. Even with this in mind, I plan to go to see the NoES remake.

Nah, I'd have to agree (more or less) with what you're saying as well. While I "enjoyed" the first three SAW films, the ones that've been released since just don't seem to fit with what was once a pretty intense "horror" series (although I'd classify it more as suspense/thriller with gratuitous amounts of gore). Horror today seems to have turned into anything really twisted and sick; not scary, but disturbing. And not necessarily graphically disturbing, but rather, emotionally and psychologically disturbing. They're typically not my kind of movies simply because way too often "horror" movies try to make up for a complete lack of plot by overcompensating with special effects and gore. And I suppose for some people, that's all they need...but I really can't truly enjoy a movie unless it's got the perfect combination of story, acting, and effects/screenplay. Oh, and that's another thing I'll never get past; the acting in such movies is usually terrible. Even for actors/actresses that might be known for doing a few good roles here and there, put them in a movie like this and it all goes down the pooper.

Burning Karma
04-20-2010, 01:42 AM
....but I really can't truly enjoy a movie unless it's got the perfect combination of story, acting, and effects/screenplay
You must not like a whole lot of movies then because that combo is pretty damn rare.

Iconoclast
04-20-2010, 02:29 AM
You must not like a whole lot of movies then because that combo is pretty damn rare.

Yes, it certainly is. And you're right; movies I consider to be good are few and far between.

But there's a big difference between a movie that I classify as being "good" and one I consider to be "entertaining"; there's plenty of the latter.

Tussell
04-20-2010, 05:38 AM
I feel as though I should stay out of this thread for now. It's driving me insane.

Enjoying more than one Saw film?! BLASPHEMY! :p

Lord Yamikage
04-20-2010, 05:59 AM
Ha ha, I thought horror ended when you hit teenager. I was scared of a lot of thing when I was kid, but as an adult, you don't find anything scary (other than like virus outbreak for example). Any films labeled as "horror" - or anything else - is just for curiosity, story, or just for the heck of it.

Like BAD BLOOD BIGGY said, I'm planning to watch this with story in mind too. A guy killed by villager, and end up killing people in their dream. Holy Shield, that's good enough for me to see what the entire story about.

Killer66250
04-20-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm really excited for this one, I loved Jackie Earle Haley in Watchmen.

Tussell
04-20-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm really excited for this one, I loved Jackie Earle Haley in Watchmen.
Of course you did...

Death Metal Jim
04-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Nightmare On Elm Street without Robert Englund=crap

and that's all there is to it. oh ya, and it's a remake, which adds to the crap pile ;)

ApochWeiss
04-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Nightmare On Elm Street without Robert Englund=crap

and that's all there is to it. oh ya, and it's a remake, which adds to the crap pile ;)

Amen.

it just looks too serious. When the fuck was Freddy ever really serious?! He was a fucked up individual, total wiseass, and burnt up pedo! I get the feeling this direction will be like the last Texas Chainsaw Massacre film, highly accepted by the younger audience, but the crowd who grew up with the original will be thoroughly pissed off. But, chances are, I'll probably wind up going to see how bad it is and they'll still get money off me anyhow haha

Takamura Bear
04-20-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm not really fond of remakes to be honest, especially horror movie remakes. Mind you, I did enjoy Texas Chainsaw remake (mainly due to Jessica Biel) but I would not say it was better than the original.

The first Nightmare on Elm Street was scary, second was dissapointing, and the third was the series' peak imo. After that, the series became a joke. Krueger became more of a comedy act than a menacing horror icon, and the story became more tedious as they continued.

This movie will not touch the original. From the looks of it, it looks to add to that list of "fail" remakes.

Death Metal Jim
04-20-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm not really fond of remakes to be honest, especially horror movie remakes. Mind you, I did enjoy Texas Chainsaw remake (mainly due to Jessica Biel) but I would not say it was better than the original.

The first Nightmare on Elm Street was scary, second was dissapointing, and the third was the series' peak imo. After that, the series became a joke. Krueger became more of a comedy act than a menacing horror icon, and the story became more tedious as they continued.

This movie will not touch the original. From the looks of it, it looks to add to that list of "fail" remakes.

Oh man, i LOVED #3 The Dream Warriors, my favorite in the series by far. i also consider freddy's dead to be a guilty pleasure for me in the series. But as bad as those other sequals were, you have to admit, at least Robert Englund was still freddy. Freddy should ALWAYS be played by Robert Englund, and when the actor dies, the character should go with him. This movie will definitely bomb and this current actor playing him will go down as a bad footnote in the history of the series.

smhaf1983
04-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Cant wait for it my only complaint is that they didnt bring back robert englund to play freddy but i will still go see it the day it comes out anyway.

hippymanjas
04-22-2010, 08:14 PM
I need to see the original. It's on my rental list.

May watch the new one first, then I could provide an impartial view :p

Tussell
04-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Oh man, i LOVED #3 The Dream Warriors, my favorite in the series by far. i also consider freddy's dead to be a guilty pleasure for me in the series. But as bad as those other sequals were, you have to admit, at least Robert Englund was still freddy. Freddy should ALWAYS be played by Robert Englund, and when the actor dies, the character should go with him. This movie will definitely bomb and this current actor playing him will go down as a bad footnote in the history of the series.
That's crazy, you've got a good taste in films as far as the series as a whole goes. However, A Nightmare On Elm Street will always be my favorite, Dream Warriors comes in second, while Freddy's Dead hits third. :)

Purge
04-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Correct, Englund said it wouldn't be a remake/re-imagining if it starred him as Freddy Krueger.

I really like the idea that he's wrongfully accused. I'll definitely be seeing this at midnight!

Same man, I'll be catching the midnight release as well.

Tussell
04-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Same man, I'll be catching the midnight release as well.
I'd be a fool to not catch the midnight release. I do it for all the horror film remakes and stuff.

Death Metal Jim
04-23-2010, 01:57 AM
That's crazy, you've got a good taste in films as far as the series as a whole goes. However, A Nightmare On Elm Street will always be my favorite, Dream Warriors comes in second, while Freddy's Dead hits third. :)

dude it's the same with the Death Wish series. The first movie is also genre defining and a movie which i love but the third movie in that series is also my favorite cause of all the crazy awesome crap that's going on through-out the entire film. I also let nostalgia get in the way when it comes to these films :Bounce:

N-Forced
04-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Just saw the trailer for this today on tv and going by that I will be skipping this movie. For one the guy playing Freddy sounds like he has something caught in his throat, his voice does not scream terror like in the original; more like get him a glass of water.

Tussell
04-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Just saw the trailer for this today on tv and going by that I will be skipping this movie. For one the guy playing Freddy sounds like he has something caught in his throat, his voice does not scream terror like in the original; more like get him a glass of water.
It's because that's all Haley can do. Rorschach anyone?

It pisses me off. Everyone loved Haley's Rorschach, yet bitch endlessly about Bale's Batman. Ridiculous to me, they're too busy loving The Joker.

Lord Yamikage
04-26-2010, 09:06 AM
It's because that's all Haley can do. Rorschach anyone?

It pisses me off. Everyone loved Haley's Rorschach, yet bitch endlessly about Bale's Batman. Ridiculous to me, they're too busy loving The Joker.

I'm having hard time understanding this (English is my 2nd language, if that explain why I'm having hard time understanding your sentences). So, my understanding is that Haley is bitching about Mr. Nolan's Batman series(?). And when you say "they're", are you referring to Haley? (Grammar is my most difficult challenging in English, so please do excuse my lack of understanding if you find displease with my post).

WHI73B0Y
04-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Next "Nightmare On Elm Street" Remake
"Nightmare on Elm Street: The Rehashed Cash Cow!"
Beating a dead horse, what possibly could be new that any one wants to see that hasn't been seen?

Tussell
04-26-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm having hard time understanding this (English is my 2nd language, if that explain why I'm having hard time understanding your sentences). So, my understanding is that Haley is bitching about Mr. Nolan's Batman series(?). And when you say "they're", are you referring to Haley? (Grammar is my most difficult challenging in English, so please do excuse my lack of understanding if you find displease with my post).
People absolutely loved Haley's portrayal of Rorschach. However, people bitched about how Christian Bale portrayed Batman. I don't get it. The main thing people bitch about with Bale's Batman, was the way the he covered his voice as Batman so they didn't know he was Bruce Wayne. However, Haley's Rorschach and Bale's Batman has pretty much the exact same voice. People were too busy obsessing over Ledger's Joker and bitching about Bale's Batman.

Beating a dead horse, what possibly could be new that any one wants to see that hasn't been seen?
The fact that this is a way more realistic look at one of the most influential and successful slashers of the 80's? I think that's something new that hasn't been seen. Also the fact that the story is completely different. In the original film, Freddy Krueger was actually guilty of murdering all the children, however, in this film, he's wrongfully accused.

In conclusion, this is completely different, totally new, and should be quite interesting.

iBlessing 09
04-26-2010, 09:02 PM
I haven't seen any other NoES so I don't know the old Freddie, is it a 15 or a 18?

WHI73B0Y
04-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I haven't seen any other NoES so I don't know the old Freddie, is it a 15 or a 18?
I said Noes! Freddy needs to stay dead and they need to come up with something new.

N-Forced
04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
It's because that's all Haley can do. Rorschach anyone? I understand that's how the guy sounds, but this is supposed to be a demon tormenting kids here not a guy with a cold. They could of atleast added some effects to give his voice a more terrifying feel to it. Hell dropping the pitch a few octaves would of sufficed.

SSJ3
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM

Most likely will be a 18, I can't wait to see this I've seen all the other Nightmare On Elm Street films.

CodSteaks
04-28-2010, 03:54 PM

did freddy even speak in the original? i seem to remember he was just a scary figure, i know you didn't really see his face well until the second one.

Volzagia
04-28-2010, 04:07 PM
It looks pretty good which is suprising for a horror remake.

Tussell
04-28-2010, 04:29 PM
did freddy even speak in the original? i seem to remember he was just a scary figure, i know you didn't really see his face well until the second one.
Of course he talks!

Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers don't talk though.

SSJ3
04-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Oh he spoke alright, he would always comment on everything :p

Takamura Bear
04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Probably the most famous death scene in all of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies --although "welcome to prime time bitch!" in No.3 was sweet-- that will probably be butchered in the remake.

I remember watching this scene as a kid. Creepy as hell.

YouTube- A nightmare on elm street - tina's death scene

I will still be keeping my fingers crossed that the remake will be at least good...you never know...just maybe.

Siren
04-28-2010, 11:07 PM
I think this remake will be terrible like all the times Hollywood tries to remake classic films. The original Elm Street films were the best, nothing will ever surpass it. This Freddy doesn't even look scaring.

elephantd
04-29-2010, 01:22 AM
lol bear that video made me think of Scary movie two where the ghost humps the nifo chick on the ceiling lmao.

DeekBoy
04-29-2010, 01:49 AM
i will see it just to see it. never really watched any of the originals so i will try it out!!! who knows maybe it will surprise people

KFZ Scrubs
04-30-2010, 04:41 AM
Can someone come back here and post if it's any good after watching it? I'm watching it late tomorrow and i need a good movie to watch.

Tussell
04-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Can someone come back here and post if it's any good after watching it? I'm watching it late tomorrow and i need a good movie to watch.
I just got back from the midnight release and I need to vent.

Right from the beginning I was irritated with the credits. The beginning of the film started out decent and really took a turn for the worst! Jackie Earl Haley was absolutely annoying as Freddy Krueger.

Before going out to see this at midnight, my friends and I watched the original. I was joking around saying, "Man, I really hope the acting is just as good!", but little did I know, it wasn't much of a farfetched hope, as it was very depressing to watch the acting.

The make-up was great, however, some of the special effects used were just the opposite. To be completely honest, the part that intrigued me the most was the final scene. It was much better than the final scene of the original, as I think it was much more creative.

After the movie ended I heard two very funny comments. One guy stood up immediately and shouted, "I'd rather watch Rob Zombie's Halloween II six times, than watch this piece of shit once!", and another woman said, "I'd rather watch the original sequel than watch this!".

All in all, it was definitely a disappointment. Was expecting much more.

KFZ Scrubs
04-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Ahhhh shit.... my friend really wants to watch it and he thinks i don't want to because i'm scared... uhhh no... because it's going to suck... that's why.
Sigh..... i'll try and find a way out of it.... but i'll probably go if they bring this person i think is hot.

sleepydumbdude
04-30-2010, 03:51 PM
I watched it was better than I expected but I expected it to be terrible. I told my friends just wait til dvd. If they made a sequel I'd go see it but if they didn't I wouldn't care.
Just went to see it because most my shows have been reruns this week and nothing else out that I haven't seen all ready.

Lord Yamikage
04-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Sigh..... i'll try and find a way out of it.... but i'll probably go if they bring this person i think is hot.

Ha ha ha ha, go! Don't hesitate about, but sit next to her! We'll see how that goes.

Krazie
04-30-2010, 07:22 PM
I went to go see the midnight showing last night as well, and completely had a different opinion than Tussell.. I absolutely loved it and actually thought it did the original quite a bit of justice! I thought Haley actually did quite a bit better than I expected him to do.. Sure, he's no Robert Englund, but I don't think they'd ever find someone to TRULY replace him, but all in all Haley will be a suitable replacement IMO

I was expecting to be disappointed considering how long I was anticipating it, but I was pleasantly surprised by it!

Tussell
04-30-2010, 08:01 PM
I went to go see the midnight showing last night as well, and completely had a different opinion than Tussell.. I absolutely loved it and actually thought it did the original quite a bit of justice! I thought Haley actually did quite a bit better than I expected him to do.. Sure, he's no Robert Englund, but I don't think they'd ever find someone to TRULY replace him, but all in all Haley will be a suitable replacement IMO

I was expecting to be disappointed considering how long I was anticipating it, but I was pleasantly surprised by it!
Man... You're crazy...

(See what I did there?) :p

Takamura Bear
05-01-2010, 12:12 AM
So, the general feeling among those that saw it is that it officially sucks? Was to be expected I suppose...

Yet they'll do a sequel. You watch.

One thing I must know is how did they do that scene with Tina being killed? You know, the video I posted a while back from the first movie.

I bet they fucked it up. -_-

JonnyBgamer
05-01-2010, 04:42 AM
horror movie remakes aren't going anywhere soon. the reason is this like other horror remakes bank on the nostalgia of the generations as they get older this series was one of the first scary movies i had ever watched as a young kid and i'll go and see this one if only to compare it to what i remeber as a kid from the orignals. long story short; MOST PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SEE THIS MOVIE BECAUSE FREDDY HELD A PLACE IN OUR MEMORIES AND WE WANT TO REVISIT

Athenis
05-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Every time Haley spoke I wanted to stab myself in the ear with a pencil. That completely derailed the rest of the movie for me. The bad acting was to be expected (anyone that thinks Heather Langenkamp could ever act has some issues). The story changes were okay, but some of the name changes didn't make much sense.

I agree about the ending, though I think just about anything makes more sense than defeating Freddy by not believing in him all of the sudden after he's murdered all of your friends.

As for a sequel, who knows. They've all but buried the Friday the 13th sequel according to the guys that did the first remake and it did pretty well when it came out.

SSJ3
05-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Once this comes online I'll be watching it for sure, Offtopic:Are they not doing a Friday The 13th Sequel now?

Smoochy
05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm still planning on seeing this. Looks disappointing, but I could be wrong.

k1lls1gn
05-04-2010, 05:26 AM
I just actually saw this in theaters today, was good i enjoyed it....i didnt expect it to be all that great but it turned out to be good and worth my money.

4/5 rated

Bubbowie
05-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Yea IŽll go watch is as soon as I get a chance.

K4157H3W153
05-04-2010, 10:06 AM
the part that intrigued me the most was the final scene.

Yeah I have to agree, I cringed in my seat!

I got into the theater while the previews were just about over so I thought the movie itself was a preview, it played a little trick on me. I've never seen the older ones so maybe I am missing out but I did like the movie. The transitions from the awake and dream states were really well done.

Tussell
05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm still planning on seeing this. Looks disappointing, but I could be wrong.
Oh, don't worry, you're not wrong.

RickyMcG
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I went to a late showing yesterday evening with a friend of mine. I was optimistic as to whether this could top the originals, but I was wrong. There is just no topping Robert Englund. However, this is not say I never enjoyed the movie. Plenty of suspense and jumpy moments, and it definetely felt Nightmare-esque. I was pleasantly surprised with the movie overall. I just felt that the special effects on Krueger were a little over the top. He looked like an alien.

I just hope they don't milk it. I'm looking at you Halloween..

jtr1gg3r
05-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Went and saw this last night, I snook in since im only 16 atm lol, anyway me and 3 mates went to see it, and I wasnt let down.

It matches the old style perferctly, and it had its jumpy moments, but imo nothing will ever top the original

Freddy Krueger looked like something they'd do on Doctor Who =P lol

Im pleased anyway, I think they did the original justice, it's just the original is unbeatable

jtr1gg3r
05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
One thing I must know is how did they do that scene with Tina being killed? You know, the video I posted a while back from the first movie.

I bet they fucked it up. -_-

no they didnt, it was probably one of the best bits of the movie tbh =P

Sean 94
05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
It looks good, altough im dissapointed that Robert Englund is not in it.. :(

sherv
05-25-2010, 05:14 PM

Even Englund couldn't have saved this remake, sadly :(

Enough with the remakes!!

IN CIMA AL MONDO
11-28-2011, 10:02 PM

Robert Englund wasn't in this because he said he was getting to old to chase kids around. He support the new Freddy Krueger and even helped him out. Wes Craven however didn't support the movie. However I personally love Nightmare on Elm Street. After I saw the remake I purchased all of Freddy's movies and proceed to look up his t.v. Shows, Freddy's nightmare. The remake is what got me interest in the whole franchise.

By the way sorry for thread reviving but I didn't want to create a new thread if there already was an old one.

vettestingr68
11-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Robert Englund wasn't in this because he said he was getting to old to chase kids around. He support the new Freddy Krueger and even helped him out. Wes Craven however didn't support the movie. However I personally love Nightmare on Elm Street. After I saw the remake I purchased all of Freddy's movies and proceed to look up his t.v. Shows, Freddy's nightmare. The remake is what got me interest in the whole franchise.

By the way sorry for thread reviving but I didn't want to create a new thread if there already was an old one.

how do you even find a thread this old??

gazmaster1
11-28-2011, 10:32 PM

Well done mate you did the right thing considering the amount of people who bitch about searching for a thread lol

My thoughts on this after purchasing it on blu-ray recently are not as positive as yours unfortunately. The reason is simple, the first was a quality horror film and there was no need to do a remake, there was nothing that could of been added or bettered. I feel this way about a lot of recent horror remakes such as The Thing and Friday the 13th so maybe my view was not as unbiased as I thought it would be when I sat down to watch it. I love the Freddy franchise but not this.

IN CIMA AL MONDO
11-29-2011, 07:36 AM
how do you even find a thread this old??

With the search function...

And to gazmaster1 the real reason I like the remake is because it's what started my enthusiasm for the franchise. Also when I was younger I wasn't afraid of the killers like ghostface or jaws or Jason, I was afraid of nightmares so this franchise really catches my attention and I will say I like the original the best and really the remake only beating out dream child I am glad they made it.

hydrosugar
11-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Ive seen this movie twice now(once of my own accord and another at a "horror night" at a friends place). But i haven't seen the original so i can't compare it to that. I would probably like this better anyway, I'm not blinded by nostalgia which is why I usually like remakes better than the originals. Standalone i thought it was decent, but nothing too great.

gazmaster1
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Ive seen this movie twice now(once of my own accord and another at a "horror night" at a friends place). But i haven't seen the original so i can't compare it to that. I would probably like this better anyway, I'm not blinded by nostalgia which is why I usually like remakes better than the originals. Standalone i thought it was decent, but nothing too great.

Watch the first original one, it still holds up today.

pantstimejans
12-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Watch the first original one, it still holds up today.

I agree with above.
I actually prefer the original to the remake, but it's swings and roundabouts i suppose!