PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With a Controller Problem

Barack BEAUbama
04-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Hey guys. My wireless controller tends to very slightly aim upwards by itself and it's a tad bit annoying. It doesn't interfere with gameplay (not with shooters anyway) but it can be a wee bit noticeable at times. I have a slight case of OCD and I was wondering if any of you can help me with this or redirect me to some instructions on this issue. Thanks.

BoBoMaster13
04-18-2010, 07:23 AM
My controller does this too on the joysticks, I think it is just because you've used it a lot. If you slightly move it to the side it will stay there and move in that direction...not sure if you can fix it.

EmporerDragon
04-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Yeah, it's a sign that you've used the controller a lot. I'm not sure how to fix it without dissecting the controller.

One bit of advice though, don't play Dragon Age with a controller with that problem. That slight misalignment is just enough that your character will want to charge straight forward whilst in combat, regardless of what you actually want them to do.

Fizzmatix
04-18-2010, 08:01 AM
There isn't really a fix for this, you will just need to buy a new controller. The component that holds the thumb sticks tend to loosen up once you have over used the controller.

You can buy repair kits which involve destroying your controller and replacing the stick components, but that's just as expensive as buying a new cone.

Barack BEAUbama
04-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, it's a sign that you've used the controller a lot. I'm not sure how to fix it without dissecting the controller.

One bit of advice though, don't play Dragon Age with a controller with that problem. That slight misalignment is just enough that your character will want to charge straight forward whilst in combat, regardless of what you actually want them to do.

I tried playing Oblicion with it when I first got it, and wow - it was near impossible to play.

marKot1k
04-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I've got 2 controllers like this.

On one, the right stick is slightly to the left and the other, its the left stick that's to the right. :)

I noticed it first when i was playing 3rd person shooters and my character would either slowly creep to one side or spin slowly in circles.

It does suck - but hey, at least you can still use it till you buy a new one... It would REALLY suck if the stick snapped off in your hands :P

sak7395
04-18-2010, 08:11 PM
why not buy a new controller if you have the money or buy thumb sticks and put it in manually