PDA

View Full Version : DLC - GT specific

six shall burn
04-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Just wanted to ask,

I was wondering if you are able to re-download all of the Fallout3 DLC on a different GT that is on the same console that i have already downloaded the DLC to?

On the new GT it is asking me to re-purchase them?

I suppose this message isn't entirely Fallout3 specific because i have quite a bit of DLC that i would like to re-use. I just don't want to pay for it again. :P

SSJ3
04-18-2010, 01:53 PM
As long as you have the Account on your Xbox which you bought the DLC with it will work for all your Accounts.

dakisbac
04-18-2010, 02:49 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169568

six shall burn
04-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Ok thanks.

But from what I gather that thread seems more aimed towards transferring between consoles.

It does however point out that I can use the dlc under a different GT on the same console, it doesn't troubleshoot as to why it's asking me to pay for it again.

Iregore
04-18-2010, 05:13 PM
You need to have downloaded them onto the console with the gamertag that bought them, this is free. Then you can play them from the other gamertag on the same console as long as the licenses are tied to that console (either you originally bought them on that console or used the license transfer tool).

six shall burn
04-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Ah well i'll work on it in the morning.

When i go to Game Library, the only thing that shows up is all the trial games and none of the full versions (like it does on the other tag) for the arcade games.

Yes, it is the same console i originally downloaded all the content onto. I'm probably just missing something easy here. lol

sak7395
04-18-2010, 08:15 PM
do the license transfer with the account

Glowin Smurff
04-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Ah well i'll work on it in the morning.

When i go to Game Library, the only thing that shows up is all the trial games and none of the full versions (like it does on the other tag) for the arcade games.

Yes, it is the same console i originally downloaded all the content onto. I'm probably just missing something easy here. lol

Sure you haven't had the console sent in for Red rings? as they send u a new console and don't reset your licenses, making u do it yourself.

six shall burn
04-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Sure you haven't had the console sent in for Red rings? as they send u a new console and don't reset your licenses, making u do it yourself.

Nope hasn't been sent away yet! Had this console for almost 18 months now. A good 80% of the stuff i've downloaded has been on this console.

Pretty confusing really.

The only thing i can think of is that the Gold membership has run out on my other GT? (The one that i downloaded the content with)

When you get another GT on the SAME console, all the DLC shows up as normal as it does on the older GT?

Maybe i'm missing a process? Is there anything i should do with the new GT to activate the DLC or something? Because it's with every single bit of DLC. It's not, 'x' won't work, but 'y' does etc...

I'd do the license transfer, but i didn't think that was needed since it's the SAME console.

Cheers for any help.

Glowin Smurff
04-20-2010, 02:16 AM
only other thing i can think of is did u get a new HDD as that could effect the licensing as well?

I've got multiples on 2 of my xboxes, and all tags that are either on it, or get signed in using a Memory Unit or USB Flash drive have access to all the downloaded content on that console (mine is a bit trickier as one of the consoles is a 4th replacement and the other is 2nd replacement) BUT anything downloaded since the replacements are accesable to all accounts.

a work around for this for the stuff i aquired before the consoles being replaces is to have 2 controllers, sign in both accounts, use the one u want the Gamerscore to goto to actually launch the title or game (and since the purchasing account is signed into live, you have access to the DLC)

Live status (gold/silver) has nothing to do w/ being able to access your purchased content......are u sure your not trying to play something that is the other 20% of purchased content from a different console?

Madfrog0
04-20-2010, 02:33 AM
i always thought you had to buy the DLC for each gamer tag on the system

BG AzN
04-20-2010, 02:46 AM
i always thought you had to buy the DLC for each gamer tag on the system

I don't think that's necessary. Me and my brother play on one console with separate tags and we only bought one set of Halo 3/Gears 2 etc. DLC. And it works for the both of us.

Madfrog0
04-20-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't think that's necessary. Me and my brother play on one console with separate tags and we only bought one set of Halo 3/Gears 2 etc. DLC. And it works for the both of us. might have to give it a try then..