PDA

View Full Version : How many times has games/achievements screwed you over and how?

BulletH0l3s
04-18-2010, 03:21 PM
This had happened a few times with me,
Bioshock - I forgot to research the little sisters.
Viva pinata - I had four achievements left, then my save file corrupted, this happened with Crackdown too.
Fallout 3 - One achievement left, which means collecting :(

What about you guys?

vgfanatic1
04-18-2010, 03:35 PM
I have some similar ones:

Bioshock 2: Savior (Thought you just had to do the right things and I killed Gil)
Falloput 3: Alien Archivist (Nothing on the achievement guide said this was missable... and I hated Mothership Zeta)
BFBC2: Save corrupted on 2nd to last level.

PollyShina
04-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Ow god you poor thing that sounds horrible :(!

It happend with me once, and it was with Condemned 2. I had completed the game already once trough wich unlocks a mode were you can have unlimited ammo in another run trough the story (i havn't played it in ages so forgive me on the shady details)

Anyhow, it was on the title screen after it saved and all, i turned my xbox360 off. Next time i go to play trough the story with just using guns *there's an acheivment for it* It didn't have the new unlimited ammo option anymore. All my saved data seemd to have dissapeard! I still have the acheivments of course, they were just proof of my completing the game once. In order to get this gun acheivment now i would have to complete the game normally again! I read about it and apparently some games are glitchy like that. After that i havn't gone back to it lol.

BoneGT
04-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Bioshock 2: Didn't know there would be practically no Thuggish or Spider Splicers to research after like the 4th mission. Also didn't know to look for the "turn off VitaChambers" option.

six shall burn
04-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Went for Transmissionary achievement 3 or 4 times on Dead Rising, couldn't get it despite having a checklist marking them off. Somehow during it i wouldn't recieve a call at all or something....

7 day survivor (Dead Rising again). Just after getting the 5 day survivor one i got killed by Ken (that's the annoying photographers name, right?) after i had already killed him during survivor mode in the game already. I was getting out of the mall and heading back into the warehouse (near the initial starting point of the game), i was low on health, 1 or 2 blocks left, and my plan was as soon as i entered the warehouse area was to drink orange juice.

Well as soon as i entered the warehouse, to my surprise Ken came screaming around the corner, i quickly tried to drink the orange juice, but he kept shooting me which prevented me from drinking it. Had a brain fade and just the pure shock of seeing him there cause me to fumble around with the buttons. I died. 10 hours wasted. :mad:

Seraph Xii
04-18-2010, 05:19 PM
I can't really recall being screwed over by a game or an achievement, well not without me doing something wrong some how so it would technically be my fault.

The only things I can really think of are when achievements glitch etc... Happening quite often right now with LEGO Indiana Jones, not that the game wasn't unbearable before that anyway.

Bioshocks Brass balls achievement, apparently even spawning in a vita chamber and reloading voids the achievement, I was half way through the game when this happened so was pretty bummed and was unprepared to do the other half out of shear chance of it unlocking anyway.

Lady Greaver
04-18-2010, 05:58 PM
The darkness: I finished the game on hard but I did not get the achievement and I finished 3 times already.

Tufty
04-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Viva pinata - I had four achievements left, then my save file corrupted, this happened with Crackdown too.

What about you guys?

These two never screwed you over, you're just either too lazy to get the collectables or made a mistake. That's not the games fault, it's yours.

Anyway, I have a grudge with one game in particular. Game Room.

BulletH0l3s
04-18-2010, 06:46 PM
These two never screwed you over, you're just either too lazy to get the collectables or made a mistake. That's not the games fault, it's yours.

Anyway, I have a grudge with one game in particular. Game Room.

Yeah very true, they both miss lead me, I presumed that I could go back to any part of Mothership Zeta, and find these collectables, after clearing out my game saves I realised I couldn't and I would require a new play through, and with Bioshock I had one save, which I manually saved over each time, so both of them require new a play though, I also despise game room, it's a cash cow.

Braiiins
04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I haven't had any real bad problems, Assassin's Creed glitched and gave me an achievement when it shouldn't have. Also I had 59/60 templars and took about 20 minutes to find the one I missed.

In civilization it took me about 20-30 tries and about 4 hours to get the achievement for beating the game on king difficulty by year 1000, it seemed mostly luck based to me.

DarkBigone
04-18-2010, 07:43 PM
I died in Dead Rising about 4 days when going for the 7 day survivor achievement...ugh that game is mad work...

sak7395
04-18-2010, 08:20 PM
fable 2 - my file got corrupt
oblivion - i got stuck in a rock and had to restart the whole game i gave up playing it after
mass effect- file save corrupt
gta iv- file save corrupt
forza 2 - level42 file save corupt

i got really pissed the only game i play from that list is gta iv only multiplayer and i play forza 3 instead of 2

ALIENWAR3
04-18-2010, 08:28 PM
140 Wins on fifa10 online, ranked games, achievement has yet to have popped, and i have done over 100 FULL played games, using custom ranked match with my dad on his xbox, scored and left all 100 games to play once i go 1 - 0 up. VERY STRESSFUL game

The Zeppo 89
04-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Gears of War - I had almost 11,000 kills but no "Seriously" achievement.
Far Cry 2 - my save files corrupted after 60% or so through the game.

that's about it really.

Kamakazi Pear
04-18-2010, 09:12 PM

What about you guys?

To be fair, you haven't/aren't screwed over on Fallout 3/Bioshock.

Fallout 3, you are just lazy. And Bioshock was just a fail on your behalf. :p

Anyways, only thing I can think of is R6V2, when I completed the whole game on Realistic and the achieve didn't pop. Fixed it a year later by accident, just after rebuying the game. :)

TriRock
04-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Army of Two: 40th Day. Wins on all maps in all play modes, but no "King of the Hill" achievement yet. And I'm one of the people who bought the DLC yet get no achievements because the DLC is glitched, and EA doesn't plan to fix it. :mad:

Kane and Lynch: Had to get way more kills and money for the achievements to pop. At least they did, in the end.

N3: Countless replays for the "Reach the highest level" to pop.

Team USA
04-19-2010, 01:11 AM
"I am Bad Company!" Achievement for Battlefield: Bad company. It is glitched for me as well as numerous other people. One of the toughest and most time consuming achievements to get, and to not be able to unlock it after achieving all the awards makes you want to blow up EA headquarters. Apparently they are "attempting " to fix it but it is on hold due to the release of Bad Company 2. I am sure by the time they get to working on a fix it will be put on hold again due to the release of Bad Company 3. F*ck you Ea.

guillermo316
04-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Bioshock 2, the MP freezes prevent me from getting to Lv. 40! Still waiting on the Patch.

II BeNtOn 92 II
04-19-2010, 01:44 AM
To be fair, you haven't/aren't screwed over on Fallout 3/Bioshock.

Fallout 3, you are just lazy. And Bioshock was just a fail on your behalf. :p

Anyways, only thing I can think of is R6V2, when I completed the whole game on Realistic and the achieve didn't pop. Fixed it a year later by accident, just after rebuying the game. :)

SAME HERE! :confused::confused::mad:

I have done all missions on Realistic but no achievement, that was a year or so ago and i still dont have the acheevo?

how do i fix it?

Kamakazi Pear
04-19-2010, 02:59 PM
SAME HERE! :confused::confused::mad:

I have done all missions on Realistic but no achievement, that was a year or so ago and i still dont have the acheevo?

how do i fix it?

I just replayed the first 2 parts of the first mission, in Co-Op Realistic.

Q ipoddy Q
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
To be fair your first one was your fault not really the game screwing you.

But i did have the same problem with Viva Pinata i had 940/1000G and my game save was corrupted no idea why.

In Saw the game there was a glitch where when i was doing a challenge the timer ran out way too quickly which meant i couldn't complete the game leaving me with a half completed game =/

Chris240191
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Bioshock - Was really into the game until my file got corrupt, haven't started again yet.

Viva Pinata - The save is not transferable to other devices so when I got my new Xbox and hard drive I lost my data.

FIFA 09 - EA shut the servers for Interactive Leagues which was my last achievement.

Fonkey Monkey
04-19-2010, 04:25 PM
The only one that springs to mind is Fallout 3, damned Scientific Pursuits. I tried reloading several save files and still couldn't get it.
for the mothership zeta you could have just reloaded a save not really that missable...

xcarmacksx
04-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Special operations achievement in rainbow six vegas
Army of 2 40th day DLC achievements wont unlock
I want to say graw because of the leaderboard achievements...wow
thats about it

Padapolis
04-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Half-Life 2 = "Little Rocket Man" I didn't close that darn hatch before launch! Ahhhhhhh

deevo420
04-19-2010, 06:16 PM
my roomie got screwed on fall out but I forget which achievemnet

SubG3nius
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
F**king Far Cry 2 - I had completed most of the missions, had picked up every diamond around the map, only had those for completing missions left and then one day when I'm about to load my file the shit was corrupted, I had another save, so I thought this time screw the diamonds I'm just going to finnish the story. And what happens... THE FILE IS CORRUPTED... AGAIN!

After that I sold Far Cry 2, I hated it, didn't wan't to see it again. Just get's me mad thinking about.

Capn Doug
04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Fallout 3: Scientific Pursuits. I like to explore in a game like that. After passing the main story, I just found the latest save that I had before going to Rivet City and rushed through the main story. Cost me about 2 hours.

Lego Rock Band: Practice Makes Perfect. In all fairness, I did request a few times that we not leave this until the very end, but the people I was playing with decided to leave it to the last possible minute. Didn't realize that it was only player one that gets the achievement. Player 1 was the only person that could have cared less (I eclipsed his gamerscore so easily that he just doesn't care anymore). Tried for about an hour to get this solo back at home, eventually recruited another person, since it isn't hard with 2 people when they have some degree of skill.

Tinker: Robot Master. This one just glitches. I did the move spamming method this weekend while watching the Habs game, took me 2 hours.

NHL 08: Shorthanded, No Problem. I scored a shorty and the guy quit with 3 seconds left to prevent losing. The achievement only unlocks if you complete the game. Fortunately, I got it in the next game after scoring a shorty there.

Rock Band 2: Bladder of Steel. Ok, this is more about me than the game, but it is still disappointing. I was trying to get the Hard, Expert and Bladder of Steel achievements in one go on bass. After 6 hours of continuous playing, making sure I had fresh batteries, making sure that everyone knew I was trying to do all 84 songs, so I would not be responding to phone calls, I failed out of song 82 (Visions). My hand was too tired to properly muddle through the toughest song in the game after 6 hours, but I did get the Expert and Hard Endless Setlist Achievements, so it was some consolation.

There are a few others, but they are more skill based than game rules based. I don't really complain about hard achievements, but I do from time to time about ones that you can get so close, and then lose a ton of time, having to go back and get it.

Sphinx USMC
04-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Infinite Undiscovery / Lost Odyssey / (any any like this one): Collect one of every item throughout the game. There is always 1/1000 items that i miss on achievements like this, and with no way to track them... I get what i thought was the last item, resulting in no achievement, resulting me blank staring at the TV, leaving me mother f**king the game after over 100+ hrs of playing the damn thing and not getting the achievement.

Not that I'm bitter or anything....F**K that game.

Elit3 m0nkey
04-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Mercenaries 2: ...And Justice For All, Had verified/kill every HVT in the game and no achievement. Also Billion Dollar Babies, got $1 Billion and no achievement. Stupid Glitches

Also Lego Star Wars TCS: One achievement left (get one 100%) with 1.2 % left and sold it. Just stupidity on my part.