PDA

View Full Version : Is this person CHEATING to boost gamerscore?

p googles
04-18-2010, 04:37 PM
His gamertag is: xI SoiLDeR Ix

Here is his profile: http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=xI+SoiLDeR+Ix

And here are his achievements: http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementSummary.aspx?compareTo=xI+SoiLDeR+I x

I think he is cheating because:

he has earned online achievements while offline.

His achievements say “acquired” with no date.

He has earned them in an impossible order…like beating levels out of order.

all his games have every achievement unlocked EXCEPT one, so it doesn’t say 100% completion and thus, looks less suspicious.

You guys can go look for yourself and see what I mean, and see if you can find anything else.......

I want to report him, but want to make sure he is really guilty before I do it. What do you guys think?

Genesis x360a
04-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Imo he has cheated his achievements. They looked pretty legit at 1st until i found G.R.A.W and Quake 4. Plus his achievements that he has earned are all over the place and out of order. Send his GT to Creech and see if he can get him sorted.

Seany Show
04-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Yes he is..

Has the Call of Duty 3 rank achievements all out of order and acquired offline.

File complaint and hopefully Microsoft will act accordingly, or PM Creech regarding it. As he can help speed up the process.

Vonzipper
04-18-2010, 04:48 PM
How did you come across this player? Is it personal or did you just happen to investigate his achievements and think he was cheating?

Not all achievements give a date for when they were aquired, I know a few of mine don't have it.

Edit: Follow the guys' above advice Lol. ;)

Seraph Xii
04-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Clear cheat, along with the games previously mentioned his MP achievements are all gained offline, those include Prey, GOW and Halo 3 and they're just what I looked at so he's an obvious cheat.

Seraph Xii
04-18-2010, 04:51 PM
How did you come across this player? Is it personal or did you just happen to investigate his achievements and think he was cheating?

Not all achievements give a date for when they were aquired, I know a few of mine don't have it.

Edit: Follow the guys' above advice Lol. ;)

All achievements give a date for when they are acquired if they're multiplayer achievements since they all need to be gained while connected to XLB. ;)

p googles
04-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I found him online and investigated after he bragged about his achievements. He didn't claim that he cheated, but bragged about how high his GS was.

Now im not actually sure how to report him... can you guys tell me how or even better, do it for me. lol sorry, i just never reported any one before. if u could help report him, that would be great

and thank you guys, again.

Seraph Xii
04-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I found him online and investigated after he bragged about his achievements. He didn't claim that he cheated, but bragged about how high his GS was.

Now im not actually sure how to report him... can you guys tell me how or even better, do it for me. lol sorry, i just never reported any one before. if u could help report him, that would be great

Always the way... The amount of cheaters who get caught due to bragging. Well, you can't exactly expect them to be very bright in the first place I suppose.

Seany Show
04-18-2010, 05:06 PM

You can report him by looking at his profile through your xbox 360 and give the reason of system tampering. I think? (You must have played against him to file a complaint)

Or send a PM to Creech about him and include the links you have shown us. Link to Creechs profile:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=3004

p googles
04-18-2010, 05:12 PM
ok thanks, ill try sending a PM to creech.

but anyway, yeah. the recent games on the top of his list are legit, i think. but the older games are most certainly cheated. like GoW online achievements, for example. and, how they're all 99% completed...very suspicious.

litepink
04-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I have a question about cheaters.

What if you appear offline all the time? I use to turn off auto sign in, hit appear offline, THEN sign in (I got sick of getting messaged every 10 mins, I don't do that anymore however). I know other people have done this, but technically you are still on Xbox Live. You would still get a timestamp right?

Or what about people who have all online achievement games, and it says "Never Played Online". Is that possible? Could it have to do with appearing offline? It confuses me...

Seraph Xii
04-18-2010, 05:15 PM

What if you appear offline all the time? I use to turn off auto sign in, hit appear offline, THEN sign in (I got sick of getting messaged every 10 mins, I don't do that anymore however). I know other people have done this, but technically you are still on Xbox Live. You would still get a timestamp right?

Or what about people who have all online achievement games, and it says "Never Played Online". Is that possible? Could it have to do with appearing offline? It confuses me...

I'm 90% sure that if you get an achievement while connected to XBL but appearing offline you'll get a time stamp.

Don't quote me on that though. ;)

Fizzmatix
04-18-2010, 05:16 PM

Appearing offline and being offline vary a lot seeing as appearing offline you will still technically be online. You will get time and data stamps it's just no one can see you. Though if your friends know you are there, you will get party invites and everything as if you were online.

It's not possible to have online achievements and have the game say never played online. Not that i know of anyhow.

As for this person cheating, if you have enough evidence pass his gamertag on to Creech. He will then pass it onto guys over at Microsoft or Xbox and have it investigated.

dillon
04-18-2010, 05:16 PM

No, you will still get the timestamps if you are appearing offline. And it won't say 'Never Played Online". It will say the actual date that you last played, no matter if you are appearing offline.

litepink
04-18-2010, 05:24 PM
No, you will still get the timestamps if you are appearing offline. And it won't say 'Never Played Online". It will say the actual date that you last played, no matter if you are appearing offline.
Nice! I always see people with NBA Live 07 or Tiger Woods 06 with "Never Played Online". Now I know that they are dead ringers as cheaters!

p googles
04-18-2010, 05:24 PM

yeah, that makes sense...unlike xi soilder ix who got the online-only achievements while offline, which is impossible, and is one of the reasons i suspected him of cheating. you should be fine, though.

p googles
04-18-2010, 05:39 PM
OK, I sent Creech a PM reporting xi soilder ix. But im not sure if it sent correctly because my user control panel tells me that i have 0 sent messages...weird. well, im sure he'll get it.

now we wait to see if they catch this cheater... i hope so

EDIT: btw, what is the penalty for cheating gamerscore nowadays? will he get banned, or do they still reset his GS to 0 or something?

Filter x360a
04-18-2010, 05:45 PM
EDIT: btw, what is the penalty for cheating gamerscore nowadays? will he get banned, or do they still reset his GS to 0 or something?

Usually it's a gamerscore reset.

A lot of cheaters have all but 1 achievement completed on there lists, does anyone know why this is? I've seen it time and time again but never knew why.

p googles
04-18-2010, 05:47 PM
A lot of cheaters have all but 1 achievement completed on there lists, does anyone know why this is? I've seen it time and time again but never knew why.

yea, it's to not make their achievement progress bar say 100%, so it looks less suspicious to everyone. that's what xi soilder ix did.

Filter x360a
04-18-2010, 05:50 PM
yea, it's to not make their achievement progress bar say 100%, so it looks less suspicious to everyone. that's what xi soilder ix did.

Personally, I think it looks more suspicious.

p googles
04-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Personally, I think it looks more suspicious.

yeah, i guess it does. but the cheaters are idiots anyway lol.

Creech
04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Usually it's a gamerscore reset.

A program was released via BitTorrent where the free version unlocks all but one achievement in a game, and to unlock the last one you have to pay the author. Most cheaters are cheap as well as dishonest and don't pay, so they unlock 49 of 50.

I will take care of this guy.