PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion on the Skate 3 ..

Hardcore x360a
04-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Demo ? Seems to Me like a wii Game ..

darkarchon433
04-19-2010, 05:26 AM
I enjoyed the demo, but I am a fan of skating games. It doesn't seem like they improved on much from Skate 2 but I still found it entertaining.

jasonisco0l
04-19-2010, 05:33 AM
I'm just interested in how it will play out with the tea thng they have. The realistic mode is kind of bcool makes itb feel like a real skateboarding situation I enjoy it. I'm deffinitly going to get it.

xTKWxCanadaEhx
04-19-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm just interested in how it will play out with the tea thng they have. The realistic mode is kind of bcool makes itb feel like a real skateboarding situation I enjoy it. I'm deffinitly going to get it.

Excuse me, chap. Allow me to fix your grammar for you.

I'm just interested in how it will play out with the team thing they have. The realistic mode is cool and it makes it feel like a real skateboarding situation. I enjoy it. I'm definitely going to get it.

On a more ontopic note, I'm loving the demo. Love hardcore mode, but some changes need to be made:

- Running speed needs to be lowered. If not for the whole game, then just lower the running speed for Hardcore mode, for realism.

- Bails need to be changed back to the way they were in Skate 2. None of this flopping around like a dead salmon stuff (Flick the right stick up and down in a timed fashion, you'll see what I mean). Keep the target thing for breaking bones, and everything else. I like it all. But just change the way skaters move after hitting the ground, when you play with the right thumbstick. For god sakes, I can make my guy do pushup-looking motions, I can pop him up into a handstand position. In Skate 2, when you hit the ground, you hit the ground. No floppin' like a fish. That's the way I likes my bails.

- Sometimes, randomly, when I jump off of a bench, or a low ledge, my skater bails on his own in midair, as if I had jumped off the top of a building.

- Rails need tweaking. I find my skateboard glitching through the top of rails, and getting stuck between the rails whilst grinding.

Other than that, everythings perfect.

Chris240191
04-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Yea I like it, the gameplay on the demo feels nice, better than Skate 2 and off the board seems a lot better than Skate 2.

I have no idea what you mean by a Wii game, maybe you could elaborate? I mean you aren't swinging a remote around trying to move the skateboard if that's what you mean.

But yea, it is looking very good to me.

Killer66250
04-19-2010, 02:12 PM
It's the same as Skate 2 with minor improvements, which I suppose is no bad thing since Skate 2 was a great game.

Nozza XBA
04-19-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm a fan of all the skate games and I loved this. I like that you can nowdo underflips/darkslides and the graphics to look a little better.

I started on Hardcore but really couldnt get the hang of it and it just couldnt get the grinds down because you have to get it perfect. So it looks like I'll be sticking with Normal mode for a bit but that doesnt bother me.

I cant wait for it.

- Running speed needs to be lowered. If not for the whole game, then just lower the running speed for Hardcore mode, for realism.

- Bails need to be changed back to the way they were in Skate 2. None of this flopping around like a dead salmon stuff (Flick the right stick up and down in a timed fashion, you'll see what I mean). Keep the target thing for breaking bones, and everything else. I like it all. But just change the way skaters move after hitting the ground, when you play with the right thumbstick. For god sakes, I can make my guy do pushup-looking motions, I can pop him up into a handstand position. In Skate 2, when you hit the ground, you hit the ground. No floppin' like a fish. That's the way I likes my bails.

- Sometimes, randomly, when I jump off of a bench, or a low ledge, my skater bails on his own in midair, as if I had jumped off the top of a building.

- Rails need tweaking. I find my skateboard glitching through the top of rails, and getting stuck between the rails whilst grinding.

Remember its a Beta/Demo...

Q ipoddy Q
04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Wasn't great, but iv always been a fan of the Tony Hawk games until you know.....RIDE but yeah i think skate 2 was better but then again its a demo so...

gromitSWE
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
I like it.

JrdRIOT
04-19-2010, 03:25 PM
I really enjoy playing it on Easy w/High camera.
i'm not that great at the game, but i've played the demo a good 10+ times
i'm going to pre-order it pretty soon.

Vonzipper
04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't know what led me to getting Skate 2 in the first place but when I played it I loved it. More fun than the Tony Hawk series IMO.

If it's anything like Skate 2, I'll have to check it out for sure.:rolleyes:

Bleeding Star
04-19-2010, 04:37 PM
It's the same as Skate 2 with minor improvements, which I suppose is no bad thing since Skate 2 was a great game.

I strongly disagree, I am a huge fan of skate and still solidly play it online and enjoy it and to me skate 3 was utter bull compared to skate 2

I mainly play skate 2 hall of meat online and they have well and truely messed the HoM mode up this time, I don't wanna go flipping and jumping around everything like Tony Hawk games or as the OP said "a Wii game"

The skating itself felt a lot slower as well which annoyed me as skate 2 was pretty slow as it was

ogbross
04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I aint gonna sleep for a week

SSJ3
04-19-2010, 04:50 PM
It's like the only colour they could use was blue. The Hall Of Meat is really stupid now. I don't want to bounce of the floor 10 times in one combo.

I'm only getting it because I'm a huge fan of the Skate series.

Bossi360
04-19-2010, 05:08 PM
I play in my friends house the demo and i likei it

Teh BeZ
04-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Everything feel A LOT smoother than its predassesors and Hardcore is a whole bunch of fun!!

deevo420
04-19-2010, 06:04 PM
dont like skate 3

sak7395
04-19-2010, 06:35 PM
i enjoyed the demo i never played skate 1 and 2 and the really bad thing about the demo is it last 20 minutes it was worth downloading though and the coach has a similiar voice to someone i remember watchin on tv cant remember though

JJ UK
04-19-2010, 06:59 PM
i enjoyed the demo i never played skate 1 and 2 and the really bad thing about the demo is it last 20 minutes it was worth downloading though and the coach has a similiar voice to someone i remember watchin on tv cant remember though

Sounded to me like Earl from My Name is Earl

I also enjoyed it but I don't think this will be a release day purchase for me, Still feels like just another skating game

RedSchuhart
04-19-2010, 07:13 PM
it is that guy, his name is Jason Lee, he used to be a skateboarder.

YouTube- Jason Lee skateboarding before acting

even though skate 3 seems a lot like skate 2, just the fact that theres a whole new city to check out is enough for me. hardcore mode is awesome, but the hall of meat stuff has always annoyed me

Audiomonk
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
I feel that yeah, it is good to have skate board games but not when they industrial produced like this.

xTKWxCanadaEhx
04-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Remember its a Beta/Demo...

I know Nozza :3

I'm just sayin', it'd be nice if those things got fixed for the release.

And hey, if you think Jason Lee can no longer skateboard like he used to, what with him retiring from skateboarding, then check this out:

YouTube- Jason lee 360 flip

Madfrog0
04-20-2010, 02:35 AM
nope, didnt like the first. didnt try the 2nd, wont do the 3rd.

xTKWxCanadaEhx
04-20-2010, 03:03 AM

You should really try the 2nd and 3rd.

Big improvements since the 1st, especially since in Skate 2 & 3 you can get off your board.

And you can drop shit from the sky in Skate 3 :D

ogbross
04-20-2010, 03:31 AM
Just played the demo & I have no idea why people say it seems like a Wii game.
Haters they R. The hardcore mode of skating is gonna be a challenge. This game is gonna be too dirty

ogbross
04-20-2010, 03:34 AM

i should mix up a batch of haterade :uzi:

Killer66250
04-20-2010, 09:16 AM
I strongly disagree, I am a huge fan of skate and still solidly play it online and enjoy it and to me skate 3 was utter bull compared to skate 2

I mainly play skate 2 hall of meat online and they have well and truely messed the HoM mode up this time, I don't wanna go flipping and jumping around everything like Tony Hawk games or as the OP said "a Wii game"

The skating itself felt a lot slower as well which annoyed me as skate 2 was pretty slow as it was

I agree with you about HoM. I try to ignore HoM as much as possible, I don't even see why the feature is in the game. I would much prefer it if when I fell off the board I simply hit the floor, instead of flopping around like a fish out of water. But I found the skating much more solid and welcome the idea of a hardcore mode.

$RebelG
04-20-2010, 12:23 PM
I quite enjoyed the demo. I've only actually played it once and completed all of the events it gave you within the time limit of what a 20 minute demo? Haven't played it since because I thought the demo area given was pretty terrible. I thought the flow of the actual game and the tricks/movement were a lot better than the second. Not quite sure on the running since you fly like a sprinter.

Not played with the moving objects or anything else like that or even played around with the replay mode but I've got it pre ordered so I'm waiting until I actually get it. Kind of disappointed that you couldn't make your own skater.

I Am NeroTag
04-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Demo ? Seems to Me like a wii Game ..

Yes it does

FLeUry
04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I like it. I thought it was just a fun as the previous two. But I thought the graphics looked weird. Like fuzzy around the edges. Wasn't too impressed by that.

SuperNova X2X
04-21-2010, 09:59 PM
I think it's awesome. It feels to me like everything has been improved, even if it's only slightly. I don't think there will ever be a Tony Hawk game that can top the Skate series. Certainly be buying this as soon as I can.

AngelsDontKill
04-21-2010, 11:19 PM
demo was awesome i thought, and the time limit goes longer then other ones i think? not 100% on that one.
plus you can get out of the boundry, i swear the do it to all there demo's on purpose

Atarii
04-22-2010, 12:27 AM
After playing the demo I've decided to rent skate 3. Not much I can say other than I was hoping I'd enjoy it more.

Mr DDT
04-26-2010, 12:40 PM
I Think it looks really good !!

Barad
04-26-2010, 02:18 PM
I loved it, cant wait for the game!

Mr DDT
04-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Seems abit like tony hawks tho