PDA

View Full Version : Info on Ending Achievements (possible spoilers?)

PeRFeCK
04-19-2010, 07:25 AM
First off, I'm not going to give 'plot' spoilers...just talking about the achievements here, to let people know what they are in for.

Read ALL instructions on the endings before you start and if followed correctly - you 'technically' will only be doing 1 full playthrough, 2 half playthroughs, and 1 quick 'beat the final boss' run.

Short Explanation of Endings:

Ending A) Beat the game
Ending B) Load the save game from A (the save after credits rolled), beat the game
Ending C) Load the save game from B (the save after credits rolled), beat the game with 100% weapons, choose 1st choice
Ending D) You can load the save from C (the save after credits rolled) and choose the 2nd choice, but you'd be wasting ur time (read the long explanation for more details)

Long Explanation of Endings:

Ending A) Beat the game, pick any choices as they will not matter. Save your game after credits roll.

Ending B) Beat the game a second time. You will only have to beat the last (half?) of the game when loading from your previous save above. Should take around 3-4 hours if all you are doing is re-completing the game and run past everything you can. Save your game after credits roll.

*Important note 1* - To save yourself an extra playthrough, save your game with 100% weapons, right before you break the final seal and continue to the final boss during your Ending C run.

Ending C) Beat the game a third time, with 100% weapon completion (having 100% weapons enables extra the 'choice' at the end of the game). Load your last save, get all weapons if you don't have them already, choose the TOP choice when prompted at the end of the game. Save your game after the credits roll but don't overwrite your pre-Final Boss save.

Ending D) If you followed the important note, load your Pre-Final Boss save you used to beat ending C. Beat the game again, this time choosing the bottom option.

*Important note 2* - Viewing Ending D also means the game will DELETE all your SAVE GAMES. You probably won't have all the achievements yet, so this is just annoying (it would be annoying even if you did 1K it).

We are smarter than the game though right? Knowing this information, you can easily use a USB stick, memory card, or hard drive and copy your save games to it via the Xbox 360 Dashboard, or in game by selecting "choose another save device". Remove the 2nd memory source with the copied saves when you view Ending D and you'll still have them to copy back after you are done (since your 1st memory source now has no Nier data).

dark-antares
04-19-2010, 08:59 AM
thanks , then just finish the game 3 time in a row for all ending achievement ???

The Dauntless
04-19-2010, 05:35 PM
What about Ending D???

PeRFeCK
04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
obviously i haven't gotten that far yet.

from what i'm reading on other forums, that extra choice you get for having all weapons is the difference between ending C and D. and if you pick ending D, it erases all your saves for some reason (it warns you).

so your gonna want to do ending C first (first of the two options at end). when going for ending d, i would definitely save to two separate places (ex: usb stick and hard drive) and then when it deletes your saves just only have one of those plugged in so you can keep everything else.

dark-antares
04-19-2010, 08:25 PM
in your second playtrought do you have all your weapon , quest and level??? thanks

b3l0kk
04-20-2010, 01:13 AM
do get the last weapon at the end of playthrough C. i am playing C now.

b3l0kk
04-20-2010, 04:18 AM
missing the 2 handed weapon Labyrinth´s Song, were did i miss that ?

PeRFeCK
04-20-2010, 07:20 AM
in your second playtrought do you have all your weapon , quest and level??? thanks

please read my post again and you'll see the partial answer... quests...not sure about that one.

not sure about the weapons, trying to find 3 myself. need a crystal for one of the quests to get a weapon but can't find it :)

b3l0kk
04-21-2010, 12:24 AM
crystal can be bought in facade. two weapons are only gotten through questes. one is the damaged map andd the other is a quest from the king of facade. he asks u to clear out all the shade in the barren temple. i got all the endings today. just need to find where the hell are the pink moon flower seeds are for one of the quests.

PeRFeCK
04-21-2010, 03:18 AM
yup, thanks. i got all my weapons today and ending C.

i've never grown anything before but i was thinking if you plant some fo the other colors next to it, that maybe a combination of a few colors could = pink? i know theres a red and blue and other colors. i'm probably way off though....lol

so that means you caught the last big fish? mind sharing where you did that?

BTW and back on topic - I have a theory that I can do ending D from my ending B save, and only have to do 3 playthrus and one really late load. I'm wondering if the achievement will pop if i do it that way though. Only time will tell :)

b3l0kk
04-21-2010, 04:56 AM
nope i still have to finish the pink moon flower quest and the fisher mans gambit 2. i was thinking about mixing colors wasn't sure if that would work. like to know how to catch blowfish

PeRFeCK
04-21-2010, 08:23 AM
My theory above was correct. game requires 3 playthrus and 1 load. technically its more like 2 full playthrus, since you are just loading the last half of the game for ending B and C, and then you are just loading a final save before boss on D.

edited Original post with all known information on these achievements

PeRFeCK
04-25-2010, 09:18 AM
you need the 100% weapons to enable the 'choice' during ur third playthru. without the choice, ur getting ending B again.

PeRFeCK
04-27-2010, 05:08 PM
the time carries over so its technically impossible to get lightspeed on a second playthrough unless you got it on the first one too. which is why i said to do it on your first one in the guide.

Nero Mystyraa
04-29-2010, 05:21 AM
For Ending B, all you have to do is load Ending A's save file and beat the game again? You don't have to do anything differently than what you did on your Ending A save? Just simply beat it again and Ending B will pop up?

Also, i hate that Lightspeed achievement. You shouldn't be rushed on your first playthrough. If anything your first playthrough should take the longest time to complete. I'm just gonna get all 4 endings then make a new save file and quickly beat the game for the Lightspeed achievement.

Edit: Btw when you say you must have 100% weapons for Ending C, do you mean simply having all 30 weapons or do they all have to be upgraded?

PeRFeCK
04-29-2010, 05:45 AM
yes, beat the game a second time, no requirements except that the game knowing you already got ending a (marked on your save)

road map is written for people to get all of the achievements in the fastest possible time. unfortunately that means suggesting a rush playthrough on your first run, which will save you 7-8 hours later on.

they don't need to be upgraded.

Nero Mystyraa
04-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Okay. So if i accidentally get all 30 weapons before i get Ending A or Ending B, i'm gonna get Ending C right? Will i be able to get Ending A or B after that?

PeRFeCK
04-29-2010, 06:48 AM
no............you cant see b without a, you cant see c without b... but you can see d without c.

notice how the guide says "load your save game from ending a" , etc...

edit: i just want to say that if it was possible to "miss" ending a, b, or anything like that for any reason, i would have included that information in the guide.

sepulturas666
04-30-2010, 09:41 AM
@PeRFeCK - thanks a lot for this guide. Just got ending D. I lol'd. :)

PeRFeCK
04-30-2010, 03:31 PM
sounds like you read the guide and did correctly then, since you're laughing after D. there were a lot of upset people (about the deleted saves) after viewing D :) especially for those who picked to do D before C.

sepulturas666
04-30-2010, 05:32 PM
sounds like you read the guide and did correctly then

Yes i do. This can be most evil thing on any game for the people that not follow some guide. Otherwise it's funny how much times they warned you and then removed all the things from your inventory. :Bounce:

btw Too bad, upgrading these weapons take ages. Do not plan to bother with them for now. :/

Kamui04
04-30-2010, 08:08 PM
A comment about the game erasing the save files with ending D. Seems it only erases them from the last storage device used, not all of them.

Just got End D two days ago. I had save games on a memory unit (I use it for my profile and all save games), HDD and USB Drive. Made backup saves and disconnected the USB Drive got Ending D, the game only erased the save files from my memory unit but not the HDD.

Anyways, kinda stupid how people complain on other forums about the game erasing your save files. For once it warns you about it 3 times, and besides you'd be almost done with the game by the time you get to ending D and of course you can backup on other storage devices.

PeRFeCK
04-30-2010, 11:59 PM
that makes sense that it would only delete from the last thing you loaded from. thanks for sharing. i'm still going to recommend that the backups be removed (not connected) from your system just to ensure there are no chances of mistakes.

Mike Langlois
05-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I'v got a question.

If i rush play through 1 to get it under 15 hours, can i get every other achievement in play through 2 onwards?

PeRFeCK
05-02-2010, 04:09 PM
I'v got a question.

If i rush play through 1 to get it under 15 hours, can i get every other achievement in play through 2 onwards?

no, please see the "miss-able achievement" list in the Road Map. as long as you follow what is said in the first playthrough, everything else is possible to get.

jackofblades
05-07-2010, 12:25 PM
How does ending D work then is possable to use ending B save and still get D or will have to restart to get all the weapons?

PeRFeCK
05-07-2010, 04:15 PM
did you read the guide? :)

yes, you can get c or d from ending b save. i wouldn't recommend it...

jackofblades
05-07-2010, 09:13 PM
so its still possable to get ending C even tho ive only got 77% of weapons allthough i might just start the game from the start

PeRFeCK
05-07-2010, 11:06 PM
no weapons are miss-able, you can still get c...there is no reason to start over. just find all the weapons (use the weapon guide).

GarlandoFoshezy
05-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Wow...reading half of these comments shows that you have the patience of a saint PeRFeCK. Thanks for the guide though, about time I got some use out of my USB drive.

PeRFeCK
05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
thanks, i'm glad somebody noticed that 75% of the stuff i help with is already covered in one of the guides here ;)

The Pink Pwner
07-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Thanks a lot for the memory card suggestion! It would have sucked to loose all that data.

moonshadow
07-10-2010, 06:28 PM
A question:
I'm still on my first playthrough. However, I was planning to get all weapons and most other things during this first playthrough(if possible?). What I wonder is, what if I have 100% weapons when I get my FIRST ending? Still gonna be "Ending A"?

And if I get ending A, save, load, finish the game a second time, will that ending really be "Ending B"? or will it be Ending C/D?? (since i got 100% weapons on the first playthrough)

ozgoon56
07-12-2010, 01:00 AM
A question:
I'm still on my first playthrough. However, I was planning to get all weapons and most other things during this first playthrough(if possible?). What I wonder is, what if I have 100% weapons when I get my FIRST ending? Still gonna be "Ending A"?

And if I get ending A, save, load, finish the game a second time, will that ending really be "Ending B"? or will it be Ending C/D?? (since i got 100% weapons on the first playthrough)

The first two endings will always be A and B however much you do during the playthroughs. You only get a choice on the third ending when you need to make sure to select ending C as ending D will finish the game and delete all saves.

doodely bear
09-16-2010, 06:14 PM
hi ummmm yeah who ever wrote that the ending a achivement is not missable
is a liar i have missed it out if u do not belive me then check me achivements
i have the one for educated warrior and the world in flux watched a long ass ending and read a long ass book but no achievment care to shed the light?

StrongestElk
11-04-2010, 03:57 AM
thanks for the guide

Blessed Sin
12-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Let me get this straight...
Beat it through to get A.
Beat it again (Through something like a New-Game+) to get B.
Beat it again with 100% weapons to get C (and if chosen a different option given at the end, D)
Is that right?

ozgoon56
12-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Let me get this straight...
Beat it through to get A.
Beat it again (Through something like a New-Game+) to get B.
Beat it again with 100% weapons to get C (and if chosen a different option given at the end, D)
Is that right?

That's pretty close. B,C and D are only half playthroughs, they start at the beginning of the 2nd half with a different twist each time. The 3rd time, after B, you will get a choice where you must select ending C to get all 4 endings. But don't sweat it as the game warns you if you select the wrong ending and gives you a chance to back out.

Blessed Sin
12-11-2010, 07:46 AM
That's pretty close. B,C and D are only half playthroughs, they start at the beginning of the 2nd half with a different twist each time. The 3rd time, after B, you will get a choice where you must select ending C to get all 4 endings. But don't sweat it as the game warns you if you select the wrong ending and gives you a chance to back out.
Thanks.
So when you start again you're half through already?

And on the subject, the bosses you have to beat in a timely fashion... Are all of them after said point, or can you start completely over and do that, but keep your current level and inventory...?

Helg0r
12-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks.
So when you start again you're half through already?

And on the subject, the bosses you have to beat in a timely fashion... Are all of them after said point, or can you start completely over and do that, but keep your current level and inventory...?

All of them are after said point, no need for restarting :) The final one is only accessible on Ending C/D though.

Blessed Sin
12-11-2010, 06:00 PM
All of them are after said point, no need for restarting :) The final one is only accessible on Ending C/D though.

Sweet, Danke.

el booky
12-29-2010, 09:36 PM
when you say beat the game, is it less than 15h?

ozgoon56
12-30-2010, 12:40 AM
when you say beat the game, is it less than 15h?

15 hours is only for Lightspeed on the first playthrough, it has no effect on ending achievements. I took my time on the first playthrough and unlocked all ending achievements. I just went back and did Lightspeed after I'd finished.

DragonLord511
03-11-2011, 08:11 PM
It's probably just me but I like doing all the quests so the first run is taking me already around 50hours and I am not done yet - I guess I will have to do one more fast run after I do ending D to get the 15hours achievement!!! Oh well, the game's good so no complaints :-)

Zombii Panda
05-08-2011, 04:33 PM
This is wrong. I played from my C file to get D and it gave me the B ending. :/

Edit: I forgot to pick up Pheonix Sword at the end. I'm retarded. Sorry.

Sonic230584
07-13-2011, 04:18 PM
no weapons are miss-able, you can still get c...there is no reason to start over. just find all the weapons (use the weapon guide).
1 weapon is so missable which is FAITH from the forest of myth because after part 1 quest are no longer available from that part and if it is possible to buy it at aeris then its missable in part 2 if yuu dont buy it before its destroyed

Garlyle
01-04-2012, 11:43 PM
With the dashboard update, do we know if you save a file with the cloud format, will that be erased when you get ending D as well?

roggor123
06-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks for this! Helped me loads!! God Endings C and D made me cry so much!! T_T.. I'm such a baby~

roggor123
06-28-2012, 10:56 PM
It's probably just me but I like doing all the quests so the first run is taking me already around 50hours and I am not done yet - I guess I will have to do one more fast run after I do ending D to get the 15hours achievement!!! Oh well, the game's good so no complaints :-)

Yeah I am the same.. The first run I say just do as you please. That way you will truly enjoy the game and get to know the character.