PDA

View Full Version : Almost done with FFXIII, restart this one or continue?

Ashmira
04-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi,

As i'm close to 1000GS Final Fantasy XIII, i was looking into the games i still have to 1000GS and this is one of them.

Strangely this one i've purchased many years ago when i bought my Xbox and never seem to have played it much leaving me with a 500/1000 and totally no idea anymore how it plays.

Looking at the achievements i'm just before orboro in the Ninja's hideout but i have no idea how i developed my characters and which levels they are.

Seeing the guides mentioning 25 hours to complete, would it be wise to restart the game and follow the guide or just go along where i am now if i decide to pick up after getting the 1000GS on FFXIII ?

Tenlo
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM
To be honest I'd say continue if you weren't struggling, all the achievements are story based and impossible to miss except the last couple. That is unless you want to follow the story if you've forgotten it, then obviously start again

Ashmira
04-19-2010, 03:25 PM
To be honest I'd say continue if you weren't struggling, all the achievements are story based and impossible to miss except the last couple. That is unless you want to follow the story if you've forgotten it, then obviously start again

To be quite honest, i have no idea if i struggled or not, the story will be back in memory when i've played a couple of hours again but is not something i really need to have to keep playing.

Think it will be either this one or Lost Odyssee, the straight forwardness of this game however makes me to favour this one a bit more to get the 1000 as well as it's rather short compared to the other one....

Thanks for the tips though!

DarkBigone
04-23-2010, 05:13 AM
Been a while since I played this, but isnt there a way to read the story up to the point where you're in (kinda like in FF XIII). I do remember reading that Asuma got to see Kairin's (that her name?) panties when she kicked him in the prison :eek:

SinBegins03
04-23-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm playing through this game right now (currently only have three achievements unlocked) and I can safely say that I don't want to spend anymore time on this than needed. Do yourself favour and review the in-game quest log (found in the 'completion' section of the menu) to bring yourself back up to speed and do any level grinding necessary to proceed with the story. I'm so glad that I just borrowed this game from a friend - this is the most corny (I can't believe I just said that) RPG I've ever played. FFXIII and Lost Odysse (I hope) are better investments of time and money.

Jason.

PS > after spending a few more hours on this game I have decided to politely return it to my friend. This is by far the worst RPG I have ever played (and I've played many, spanning from the SNES all the way up to the present).

Seraph Metatron
06-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm playing through this game right now (currently only have three achievements unlocked) and I can safely say that I don't want to spend anymore time on this than needed. Do yourself favour and review the in-game quest log (found in the 'completion' section of the menu) to bring yourself back up to speed and do any level grinding necessary to proceed with the story. I'm so glad that I just borrowed this game from a friend - this is the most corny (I can't believe I just said that) RPG I've ever played. FFXIII and Lost Odysse (I hope) are better investments of time and money.

Jason.

PS > after spending a few more hours on this game I have decided to politely return it to my friend. This is by far the worst RPG I have ever played (and I've played many, spanning from the SNES all the way up to the present).

It is pretty bad. I have wanted to play this one for awhile now. I enjoy rpg's, but this is a little ridiculous. Unfortunately I am a completionist (can't help it, I blame OCD) so I will just suffer through it.

The one perk about this game so far is that it isn't very difficult (Just got out of my cell in the prison). The battles haven't taken much thought so it makes it a little easier to play relaxed. I don't know if that changes as it goes on.

Gaanjaa
08-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not a mind blowing RPG, that's for sure.

Although I've started it, and now I have to finish it, soo, time to endure the boredom.

shadaik
08-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I was in quite the same situation as Ashmira is now and I tell you: Just continue.
I did the first four achievements and then stopped because it took a lot of time. When I continued about half a year later, it just flew by.