PDA

View Full Version : Storage Device Question

JrdRIOT
04-19-2010, 02:41 PM
When i bought my xbox i got the 20GB HDD that is now full and i want to buy more DLC, i have another spare 20GB HDD and a 512mb memory card.. can i:

Put my xbox live profile onto the memory card
download the new DLC onto my other spare HDD
and use it like normal?

Seraph Xii
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure about putting your gamertag onto a memory card as I've never done it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

As for the HDD question, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to play it, downloaded content can be played on the gamertag that downloaded it so as long as you cover that ground I doubt it really matters where you download it to.

To save yourself some trouble though, why not invest in a 60GB or possibly even a 120GB HDD?

JrdRIOT
04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure about putting your gamertag onto a memory card as I've never done it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

As for the HDD question, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to play it, downloaded content can be played on the gamertag that downloaded it so as long as you cover that ground I doubt it really matters where you download it to.

To save yourself some trouble though, why not invest in a 60GB or possibly even a 120GB HDD?
I've just moved my profile to the memory card and it seems to be working fine.
and i want to get a 120gb HDD as i have so many rock band songs, but funds are limited at the moment, due to college ect. so i'm stuck doing it this way currently >.<

Seraph Xii
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
I've just moved my profile to the memory card and it seems to be working fine.
and i want to get a 120gb HDD as i have so many rock band songs, but funds are limited at the moment, due to college ect. so i'm stuck doing it this way currently >.<

Do you have anything on your HDD you don't really need? Or if you have a transfer cable, what I would do is transfer everything that isn't really important from my main HDD to the other. Although thinking about it now you could probably transfer things via your memory card right?

Oooooor a USB storage device now, wooo :p

JrdRIOT
04-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Do you have anything on your HDD you don't really need? Or if you have a transfer cable, what I would do is transfer everything that isn't really important from my main HDD to the other. Although thinking about it now you could probably transfer things via your memory card right?

Oooooor a USB storage device now, wooo :p

The only thing i have on my main, is around 600+ rock band songs, and mw2 maps, all my game saves are on my memory card.
and i also do not have a transfer cable, i've bought all the stuff i wanted now, so hopefully once it's downloaded it'll work fine :)
thanks for the help by the way
x

iBlessing 09
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Yes you can put your profile onto the memory card and transfer it.

bapae
04-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Well as of the new update you could go out and buy 2 16Gb flash drives and used them both giving you 32Gb more of storage space while still being able to use your 20gb HDD.

Slam Shot Sam
04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
can i:

Put my xbox live profile onto the memory card
download the new DLC onto my other spare HDD
and use it like normal?
I'm pretty sure that would work fine, I've had similar problems and done it before. I bought a stand alone 250GB HDD on Saturday though, so I'm set for storage now. :woop: