PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Types of Achievements

WackFiend
04-19-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm interested in writing an article about the worst types of achievements in games. So far, I've only come up with a few types that are really bad. Here's what I have:

Online Achievements.

Online achievements in general are a pain in the ass to do. Even if you're good at a game, shit can happen that will screw everything up. A lot of fighting games will have achievements to "Win X Ranked Matches in a row," and there are not words to express how frustrating it is to get to 9/10 wins and then lose to some kid doing the same move over and over again. Not only that, but if the servers get shut down you'll never get the achievements. Thank God for boosting.

Worst Offenders:

Call of Duty: World at War
Go Get Some Sun - 0G You achieved the highest level in the game. Time to go outside and find some things to do...

Quake 4
General - Multiplayer - 50G Over 5,000 win points in Ranked matches

Gears of War 2
Veteran Gear - 75G Reach level 100 and win a match on each of the 4 Snowblind Map Pack maps (Public only)

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
World Champion (Multiplayer) - 40G Climb to the top of the universal leaderboard

Time Consuming Achievements.

Achievements are a good way to get people to play games for longer than they normally would, and that's OK. But I don't want to spend 300 hours playing a game that's not very good to begin with. I also don't want to have to sit and play a game for multiple hours in a single session. If I can just let the game go for that long, fine. But if I have to spend the majority of my day actively playing a game, then game developers are just asking me to never leave the house.

Worst Offenders:

Dead Rising
7 Day Survivor - 20G TYPE: 1 Play REQ: Survive for at least 7 days.

Rock Band 2
The Bladder of Steel Award - 25G Completed the Endless Setlist 2 without pausing or failing.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
All of the achievements

Rumble Roses XX
All of the achievements

Collectibles Achievements

Sometimes, as with all types of achievements on this list, collectibles aren't so bad. But when the collectibles number in the hundreds, and there's no decent guide (preferably with pictures of their locations, like with Assassin's Creed 2) then it just gets ridiculous.

Worst Offenders:

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Max Out Spider-Man - 75G Max Out Spider-Man

Crackdown
Free Runner - 50G Collect 500 Agility Orbs

Burnout Paradise
Totally Smashed - 20G Collect all Smashes

Tomb Raider: Underworld
Master Treasure Collector - 60G Find all 179 Treasures

Impossible Achievements

These are the type of achievements that only the die-hard of die-hard will get. They either require countless hours of practice and patience, or a level of skill only associated with child prodigies. If you have any of these achievements, you should received the highest commendations possible.

Worst Offenders

Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero - 75G Earn 5 stars on all songs on the Expert difficulty

Ninja Gaiden 2
Way of the Master Ninja - 100G Complete the game on the Path of the Master Ninja.

Street Fighter IV
Challenge Expert - 30G Clear all Challenges in Challenge Mode.

So, if you guys would like, think of some other types of achievements that just plain suck, for whatever reason. Give an example or two of the type of achievements and why they're so bad. Or add to the types I've already listed. Anything you guys can contribute is appreciated.

Seraph Xii
04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Achievements that have you depend on other people.

Left 4 Dead springs to mind, god I hated those achievements.

Left 4 Dead is also bad for luck based achievements, such as not being vomited on, sure anybody can do it with enough play throughs but it just takes 1 split second or 1 blind corner and BAM, achievement void.

But possibly the worst type of achievements that you haven't included are time trial achievements, such as the ones in portal (the orange box) and prototype PT achievement etc... Hate being timed >.<

Edit: Oh how could I forget the money hungry music game achievements? Which require you to own many peripherals. Guitar hero: Metallica for instance, you need every instrument, which I've got and I still can't get 1000G on it because I own the rock band drum kit, not the guitar hero set... So goodbye to that. Even if I was good enough for the expert achievements.

Capn Doug
04-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Most achievements don't really bother me, the company laid out the requirements, you just need to meet them. Some people complain that they are too hard or take too long, but if they were simple, would we braga about them? Has anyone bragged about completing Avatar or CSI? There are two specific types that really bug me, though.

Time Consuming and Missable: 7 Day Survivor and Bladder of Steel fit in this. You can waste your entire day and still not get it. That really can break you brain.

Two or more people required, but only one gets it: I have had a few of these come up and they piss me off every time. Look at Lego Rock Band's Parctice Makes Perfect. You need 4 players to do it, but only player one gets it. Same thing with NHL 08 and its Lead Profile requirements, and to a lesser extent the harmonizing achievements in Beatles Rock Band (though that is more because there can only be 4 people signed in to Live at once so there is only one slot for vocals).

SoulOfTira
04-19-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't actually mind online achievements when done reasonably and aren't stupid: here's my view, if your game is a smaller game or a game people primarily buy for the single player, but has multiplayer, feel free to have a few multiplayer achivements but keep them pretty limited. Prey is a good example - 250g for online but the achivements take 4 hours to boost for 2 players so not really too much a problem and it gave people who had the game when it came out something to go for on the online. If it's a bigger title and a title where people are very interested in the multiplayer(COD, Gears, Halo, Bad Company etc). I ain't saying put stupidly long achievemnts in, "Veteran Gear" style, but fair enough if something a bit more time consuming is in there. Bad Company 2's is quite reasonable IMHO, the get 3 guns with each clas and max out a class take some time but hardly stupid.(I hate et tu brute though.) Oh? and if you're going to shut down the servers at any point during the life of the 360, no online achivements. K?
Oh and as for online achivements I hate, I hate ones that make you play the game in a certain way, for instance the "Mongoose Mowdown" achivement in Halo 3, no one in their right mind would ever try to do that if they were after the win. I prfer the level/rank ones as I can get that level up playing any way I want, like with Vet Gear I can just play my faviourite game mode normally. Also any online achivements that either require or de facto require you to have friends that have the game. Et Tu Brute on Bad Company 2 i mentionmed, Left 4 Dead 2's Strength in Numbers one(need to play team versus meaning 3 friends who have it and people just ragequit when they lose...)
I also like time consuming lists aswell...okay again i'm not talking ridiculous but I actually like to slowly earn an achievement a bit at a time. One thing I hate on games is if the achievements list is too short - Tekken 6 took me 21 hours, such a waste, would have loved the list to have taken 100. I 100% agree about achievements like 7 day survivor and the rock band one that mean you have to keep playing for hours on end at the same time. Achievements like that are stupid , and also the Xbox 360 isn't really designed to be left on for 14 hours...
When i say a reasonably time consuming one I sorta mean about 100 hours, not the ridiculous 800 that some games are...Then again with me the more I like the game the longer I want the list to be, i don't really care that Vet Gear is so long cos I love Gears 2, but it would annoy me in any shooter that wasn't Gears...Difficult balance IMHO...
Collectables are okay in my book if they meet 3 conditions:
1. There's actually a point to them, I mean other than gamerscore. Dead Space collectibles would be a good example as they are audio and video logs that give you more of an insight into the story.
2. You can see which ones you've missed. Like on Gears 2 you can look at the chapters and see say if you've missed one you know which level to look at. Or Assassin's Creed II you can see which areas you don't have all the feathers.
3. You have some sort of level select function. Related to 2 this means you can go back and get any you're missing at any time. Obviously this condition only applies to a linear not a sandbox game where presumably you can go anywhere at any time.

velho lobodomar
04-19-2010, 07:14 PM
achievements that require you to have a godsend friend on your neighbourhood with skills that matches/overcomes yours.

worst offender: guitar hero III - living legends.

BoBoMaster13
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM
I hate games that make you play through them more than once where the difficulty does not stack.

Method
04-19-2010, 07:25 PM
I made this thread a while back. It may help you with your article.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=164643

Z3R0 S1X
04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
I hate games that make you play through them more than once where the difficulty does not stack.
Worst offenders would be Guitar Hero 2/3, Rock Band 1/2, and Mass Effect since it takes something like eighty to a hundred hours to 100%.

Braiiins
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
For collectible achievements Assassin's Creed comes to mind, like 500 flags and 60 templars

sak7395
04-19-2010, 07:37 PM
multiplayer achievements are the ones i hate

SSJ3
04-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I think the only two you are missing is Glitched Achievements and missable Achievements.

TheDeadspace
04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
The online achievements in Blood Bowl are pretty obnoxious. Takes around 8 hours to boost, and that's for one person, so if your partner needs the achivements too, you're looking at 16+.

It's pretty mind-numbing too, since you're basically skipping through the entire match without doing anything. Sounds simple, but try doing that for 16 hours without wanting to brain yourself with a controller.

I Am NeroTag
04-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Prolly the achievements that are glitched or achievements that you need to get to the highest level like COD5

Vonzipper
04-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Multiplayer achievements on games with terrible Multiplayer. It's just painful.

xcarmacksx
04-19-2010, 08:49 PM
I mainly hate online achievements where you have to boost to get it or you'll never get it. GTA multiplayer achievement AWP or what ever its called. Winning all them races without someone quiting, really? Online achievemets when no one even plays the multiplayer, The Club, Fear 2, Time shift. Just to name a couple. Not everyone plays online and they should take that into consideration

ExtremeRugburn
04-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I dislike Time based achievements. Complete level in "x" amount of time, or Kill "x" number of bad guys in "x" amount of time. I really hate the added pressure.

ThugKing6669
04-19-2010, 09:49 PM
You should add Assassins Creed to ridiculous amounts of collectibles. I hate collectibles so much.

lordthrash
04-19-2010, 11:26 PM
I definately hate online multiplayer. Some games get played for like a week or so then never get played again. Also EA games for shutting down the servers, thanks for screwing with our 100% games!

KillerBEA
04-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Viral achievements are just annoying.
I believe nfs carbon started it. examples of interesting one is shadow run fever, you get it by tea bagging someone who has it.:eek: Magic the gathering has one for 0 points that really bugs me

TheMasterSword7
04-19-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't mind challenging or collectible achievements all that much. They are something to work towards and give you something extra to do during a campaign. The absolute worst achievements are the ones that are only there to extend the game beyond the content within the game. A good recent example of this are the FFXIII achievements. After the main quest is over there is nothing left to do in the game except level grinding and creature side missions. This is very obvious since you can't even level up your characters completely until after you have beaten the game. Many other games have done something like this, but they gave you something to do while you are grinding. Another type of achievement that should never have existed are the time achievements. EX. Tales of Vesperia where you had to play the game for 100 hours on one save and it is only worth 20G.

CRAZY 7
04-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Yeah I hate most online Achievements and I also hate kill this X amount of people unless it can be done in 1-2 playthroughs.

For example Army of Two the 40th day The Beast You need to kill 6,666 people in Campaign and I have played through it 4 times now and no where close to getting the Achievement

Iv AJay vI
04-20-2010, 12:38 AM
I'd rather have Multiplayer achievements then finding a million collectibles. Time consuming achievements, like getting a Level 100 in Gears 2 is just obnoxious, imo.

ferrara316
04-20-2010, 12:40 AM
definitely any mediocre game with "Win X amount of multiplayer matches" or play 2X amount of multiplayer matches

they always seem to be in games that no one wants to play lol

Capn Doug
04-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Worst offenders would be Guitar Hero 2/3, Rock Band 1/2, and Mass Effect since it takes something like eighty to a hundred hours to 100%.

Rock Band 1 and 2 are both stackable. But that is true, forceing another playthrough on a game I barely tolerated the first time through is unpleasant. I'm looking at you, Stranglehold. I didn't actually mind playing through Mass Effect 3 times, though.

I definately hate online multiplayer. Some games get played for like a week or so then never get played again. Also EA games for shutting down the servers, thanks for screwing with our 100% games!

You have to love how this really irritates some people. Particularly lordthrash, who has completed 2 games, played 1 Online EA game and bitches about how they close servers on him so he can't get his 100%. Learn to either play the game early and not procrastinate or learn which older game to avoid. Plus, I did the math a while back, 2K sports is (or was when I did the math) worse for online stuff.

guillermo316
04-20-2010, 03:38 AM
just cause 2 , anything that you have to do 1000 of sucks/

EmporerDragon
04-20-2010, 04:10 AM
Leaderboard achievements - Besides being extremely hard to obtain, there is always a set of jackasses who cement their place in there and prevent anyone else to obtain it.

Get all achievements achievements - They're just pointless, that's what the 1000/1000 is for.

sebi
04-20-2010, 08:35 AM
1. Speedrun Achievements (e.g. from Tomb Raider) - I play to relax after work damnit!
2. Online Achievements

I actually like the collectables achievements from AC and AC2.

J Lew332
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
I personally cant stand collectible achievements. Time consuming ones suck too especially when its just grinding. I actually like multiplayer achievements unlike a lot of other people.

Wolfgg
04-20-2010, 01:39 PM

I agree on Mass Effect, ya got so many things, like beating it on atleast 3 difficulty play thrus plus getting all the ally achievements, then all the stupid little ones of performing those abilities a certain number of times, hell, Ive beaten the game twice and still havent unlocked the achievement for useing the required medigel lmao. *side note* the guy who came up with the road map and gave the achievement difficulty a 5 and claimed to complete all achievements in 32 hours is really stretching the truth

My personal frustration has been spent in some jrpgs, as far as time consuming I would have to blame Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, the first one requires OCD level of attention to pick every treasure in the entire game, I had to play through twice cause I couldn't find the freakin trash can I inevitably didn't kick open for 10 gold pieces(just a joke, who knows what the hell I missed first time around)

The second one requires leveling to 99 with 5 characters for each of the 9 classes. Since their are 9 classes to each character that makes a total of 45 classes that have to be maxed while you can only work on 5 at a time, talk about a time sink.

Psimon
04-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Online achievements generally rub me up the wrong way but the worst for me are timed achievements. I don't mind a challenge but I hate feeling like I'm being rushed.

Wolfgg
04-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Online achievements generally rub me up the wrong way but the worst for me are timed achievements. I don't mind a challenge but I hate feeling like I'm being rushed.

Yea, the timed ones always rub me the wrong way, people say kids games are easy, but their are a few timed ones on Looney Tunes: Acme Arcenal, their is the space speedway that has to be beat in under 2:20, I got 2:20 exactly atleast 6-7 times, plus that game has busted controls.

uncleho
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Collectible achievements by far. The first Assassin's Creed cemented this in my brain.

Z3R0 S1X
04-20-2010, 02:44 PM
I agree on Mass Effect, ya got so many things, like beating it on atleast 3 difficulty play thrus plus getting all the ally achievements, then all the stupid little ones of performing those abilities a certain number of times, hell, Ive beaten the game twice and still havent unlocked the achievement for useing the required medigel lmao. *side note* the guy who came up with the road map and gave the achievement difficulty a 5 and claimed to complete all achievements in 32 hours is really stretching the truth
I played through Mass Effect five times to get all of the achievements but I enjoyed it. The road map for that game should put the time for completion at sixty to ninety hours and that's if you just focus on the achievements and don't kill time doing everything. I didn't notice it as having been mentioned but Forza 3's 'Solid Gold' achievement is rediculous as it takes over a hundred hours for one eighty point achievement. I'm playing this one off and on right now just to get 100% as that is the only one I'm missing. And what about Final Fantasy 11?!?! Who in their right mind would bother playing for THOUSANDS of hours to get 100%? I've heard there are literally a handful of people world wide that have a legit 100% in that game.

sk83rty
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Online achievements and impossible ones really bother me. A game can have xbox live achievements, but if it's a win streak or to go a whole match without dying or something, then it's an achievement probably very few people will get.

Mr Gollywoggins
04-20-2010, 06:18 PM
online achievements really bug me, simple ones dont bother me too much but very specific ones, and ones for games that i dont want to play online really annoy me

examples: Halo 3, im going for the online ones now, i can get 2 kills from beyond the grave or some stupid thing like that, but 1 you have to do it on a specific map, and if they dont come up, or i dont know if a map is in the specific map pack then it annoys me.

or saints row 2 online achievements, i dont want to play that online but in order to 100% it i would have to, thankfully there is boosting.

Spoony Bard
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
I play a lot of the XBLA adventure games (Wallace/Grommit, Sam/Max, etc) and I hate the dialogue based Achievements. Sometimes you'll have to replay the whole game just because you didn't make a certain comment at a specific time.

A lot of the Ranked online ones suck too, mostly because they're found in games with crap online modes. Game developers; if you're gonna tack on an unnecessary multiplayer feature then at least give me the ability to boost it in player matches.

Z3R0 S1X
04-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Online achievements and impossible ones really bother me. A game can have xbox live achievements, but if it's a win streak or to go a whole match without dying or something, then it's an achievement probably very few people will get.
Get a party together and boost, not that hard to do. Many people will do this, myself included, in order get those annoying online achievements.

Contrah
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Achievements like Seriously lol, & the Dead Rising continual gameplay one.

avenged7
04-20-2010, 09:04 PM
I dont like to have to replay rpg's to get a full one thousand. I already spent 60+ hours beating it once. Games like Star Ocean. Great game but Can't bring myself to beating it twice.

rabies
04-20-2010, 09:47 PM
My biggest pet peeve has been mentioned already numerous times...stupid online achievements..especially long ridiculous ones like GOW2/GTA4/SR2 or ridiculous leaderboard/wins ones.

but my second biggest pet peeve is one I am surprised I have not seen mentioned so far (apologies if I missed it):

Achievements which require extra hardware/controllers/stuff to obtain.

I'm thinking about achievement that requires the stupid camera (Burnout Paradise, Viva Pinata, etc) extra mics (Beatles RB) or whatever to get - and did not come bundled with the game. This also includes games that require 4 local players on at one time...not everybody has 4 controllers lying around.

Melanopterus
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Honestly I don't mind collecting achievements... The only achievements I don't really like are online achievements. I get why they are put into games but online is not my preferred method of playing. I get tired of dealing with people that cheat, lag, drop before they lose etc.

I mean I enjoy playing online and I sometimes like getting something out of it, I just find it annoying that I have to deal with the crap. I also find it stupid that people know they achievement traded but still brag about unlocking something. That's nice that you have more online friends then me and I don't think it's bad I mean a lot of people do it, but don't brag.

I also don't like online achievements because I don't like having to depend on others, there are a lot of online achievements in l4d2 that don't just depend on my skill but others as well (like spitting on someone that is constricted)... Well if I keep get paired with people that don't know how to use the smoker (which in my experience happens a lot) then how can I get it? It seems more concerned with my finding a good team or get traders then actually being skilled on my own.

Oh well though, I am not obsessed with completion, if I get annoyed with something I am not going to waste a bunch of time getting it so it is what it is

Bomber v4
04-21-2010, 01:39 AM
The only kind of achievements I hate are Online achievements. I hate Multiplayer achievements in general.

Ninja x360a
04-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Online achievements for sure!
Mainly ones that require a team to be good, and ones like win 500 Ranked Matches. (Found in GH3 and Unreal Tournament 3) I did grind out the UT3 one, but not GH3 yet.

And collectibles are also a killer, UNLESS they have a point in the actual game.

And yay for me, I have 2 of the hard achievements you put there! Master Ninja and Guitar Hero! :p

VladimirK
04-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Always hate multiplayer.
Unless it's a big game you have no chance to get them without boosting after say 2 weeks of release date.

Don't mind collectibles tbh.

Uneven achievements are annoying, (ones not ending in 0 or 5).

RadiantViper
04-21-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't think multiplayer achievements are THAT bad ... if it's a popular game and the achievements are fun/simple (Battlefield 1943) then I'm ok with them. It's when they're ridiculous or the game is destined to die quick that it's annoying. *is currently trying for 'Go Get Some Sun'*

And collectables I don't find so bad either, depending on the game/if they do something worthwhile in game. Bonus points if they include in-game maps for them.

Overall I agree on timed ones. Stupid Mirror's Edge.

xDEAD SHOTTYx
04-21-2010, 08:40 AM
The worst type of achievements are being at the top of leaderboards.

hippymanjas
04-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Online achievements in general tend to annoy me - especially if the game is awful. Then anything that is OTT (kill x million people for 25G etc) or anything that takes forever (Play for 24 hours without turning off the console). Also those that encourage cheating or bad sportsmanship (FIFA WC where you get something for quitting a certain number of games when losing)

Iv AJay vI
04-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Uneven achievements are annoying, (ones not ending in 0 or 5).

I really hate these too. Fuck you Ghost Recon, and Mortal Kombat.

Capn Doug
04-21-2010, 04:29 PM
...I don't like having to depend on others, there are a lot of online achievements in l4d2 that don't just depend on my skill but others as well (like spitting on someone that is constricted)...

The online ones are nowhere near as painful as the ones that require you to have local players that are good to get the achievement. This is the reason I am thinking of placing a personal ad saying "singer wanted, let's get Triple Fab." I can sing pretty well, my buddy can sing pretty well, but that just exhausted the number of people I know who can carry a tune.

KashThePriest
04-21-2010, 06:19 PM
UFC Undisputed 2009

Gold Digger

Obtain all the gold medals in a Xbox LIVE Ranked match weekly mission.

This had a mixture of so many bad things as part of the gold medals, the biggest offender being win 10 consecutive fights (which should really be an achievement itself and not part of a bigger achievement that's only worth 30g), that's when you get people disconnect when you win so that the loss doesn't register for them and when the week is up, they reset!

Generally any game with win X amount of ranked matches in a row I detest cos of people disconnecting when they lose.

Future13579
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
The only kind of achievements I hate are Online achievements. I hate Multiplayer achievements in general.

I agree, mutliplayer cheevos suck

Opiate42
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Honestly I love Collectibles....bit of a junky for those.

But I whole heartedly agree, Online/MP achievements are evil!

Soooooo true: I love everything Mass Effect, both of them, BUT the achievements could have been more interesting.

dimer11
04-21-2010, 09:50 PM
I hate locked achievements that don't have anything to do with the storyline.

Omfamna
04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
I had to play Mass Effect 9 times before I got 100%. Yes, 9 times. Played 3 times on an account that locked up (not banned, something happened with the email I linked it to and MS wouldn't change it), then 6 times on my current gamertag. Three times through for the ally achievements, then play it on hardcore for number 4. For play through #5 I was supposed to play on insane, but forgot to change the difficulty, oops.

Atarii
04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
I strongly loathe online achievements. I don't feel the need to provide examples but I'm sure others in the community have some on their minds. Most of us hate them.

Kairi
04-22-2010, 01:54 AM
I hate ones that require multiplayer but with no online option either in the game or no online for the feature so you have to know someone close by to do it. A great example is the 3 people Harmony one for The Beatles: rock Band, and Millionair Pair on Guitar Hero II.

Also the 100% all trophies for Star Ocean need to go under impossible. Can take 500+ hours and some of them are riduculous like causing certain amount of damage or defeating a boss in an exact amount of time.

Spencer Estate
04-23-2010, 05:55 AM
The worst type of achievements are online achievements, bar none.

They should've never even started including them in the online gameplay.

SynysterChris
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
I like online achievements, Just don't like having to play multiple times to get one because of people quiting before loosing which really pisses me off.

I loath Collectable achieves, Naruto RIse of a Ninja was by far the worst, plus it was glitched for a while. Those people should die a horrible death for collectable achievements.

I also don't like super long ones, or that make you play x amount of hours, its like if you game was good we would play it that long anyway. Also multiple playthroughs are the worst. RPG's take the award for that.

And DEAD RISING survivor achieves WTF don't know how many times my xbox froze because of doing those.

Meto741
04-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Online acheivments arn't bad as long as you get the game when its popular, for example Turok, Its kinda fun but NOONE plays the online which measn I can't et about 30 of the achievments.

benatheos
04-23-2010, 05:55 PM
online achievements ... especially ranked matchmaking! :chair

Xylon Uxkid
04-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Collectibles and some of those "get X rank or many kills online" And mostly those are in games that nobody play online, and finding people is a pain.

guillermo316
04-23-2010, 11:53 PM
battlefield bad company 2 where the achievement dont unlcok the day of realease !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irondragon
04-23-2010, 11:58 PM
i think the worst achieves hav to be the 0G achievements if you dont get gamerscore for your work then what is the point of tryin for 0G cant the developers think of other achieves that giv u points

DOOKH8R
04-24-2010, 12:09 AM
September 17th
1000 people online at once
5 gold star song as a band
100,000 kills
and pointless collectibles that do nothing for your character or the story.

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
04-24-2010, 12:28 AM
I hate collecting achievements. Like the tag and CD achievements in Saints Row. They put them in ridiculous spots, then eventually you get to a point where you find the last one, then BAM, ones still missing. :(

That has haunted me since I couldn't find one CD in Saints Row. I also hated this in Assassins Creed, Crackdown, and the Simpsons Game.

:uzi:Collecting Achievements (For collecting items on a big map and there being over 50 of the item)

Lady Greaver
04-26-2010, 01:29 PM
G.R.A.W
Team champion (Multiplayer): Climb to the top of the team leaderboard.

All Rock band
Score 100% notes hit as a guitarist/drummer/bassist/vocalist on Expert

njdevils17
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Online achievements that require you to be on the top of the leaderboards.

Online ones for games that don't have a particularly good multiplayer (The Darkness, etc.)

Collectible ones where you have to collect an insane number of items.

Dejos
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
The Lego games. Yea they're all easy but they can be really time consuming to get the achievements.

koopakiller64
04-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Non stackable achievements. For instance in one of the guitar heroes when you beat the game on Expert, you would only obtain the achievements for beating the game on expert and not any of the others. Thank you for making me play through the career 4 times in order to get the achievements.

fusion360
04-27-2010, 06:01 AM
Games that require multiple playthroughs to get achievements.

Games with terrible multiplayer and unrealistic multiplayer achievements/achievements based on multiplayer level *COUGH* BIOSHOCK 2 *COUGH*.

Games with multiplayer achievements based on luck... BFBC2 destruction achievement comes to mind.

Pikachuu
04-27-2010, 06:54 AM
any achievement that requires the co-op of another player.

SPierce
04-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Games that require multiple playthroughs to get achievements.

Games with terrible multiplayer and unrealistic multiplayer achievements/achievements based on multiplayer level *COUGH* BIOSHOCK 2 *COUGH*.

Games with multiplayer achievements based on luck... BFBC2 destruction achievement comes to mind.

In my opinion, ANY multiplayer achievement is a bad achievement.

Multiplayer should be rewarded in a Modern Warfare 2 style, I feel, rather than a gamerscore boost. It just means if you don't have Live, can't afford it, or physically can't get it, you can't max out games.

Damn Playa
05-09-2010, 04:38 AM
Generally speaking, online achievements irritate me. Or achievements which simply take forever to come close to getting. Example of both; Gears of War: Seriously - Kill 10,000 people in online ranked matches.

I mean... come on!

GhOsT SLaYeR
05-09-2010, 04:49 AM
grinding...

ReaLiStiiC
05-09-2010, 05:09 AM
grinding...

Great example...
"Seriously..."

GhOsT SLaYeR
05-09-2010, 05:11 AM
^ yeah, did it on old account.. not doing it again that's for sure.