PDA

View Full Version : Im new on this game and need your help

LP10
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
ive played some hours and have 6 achievements now.. the achievements dont look like to be so difficult but thats not the problem.
i have played oblivion and unlocked everything and this game is very familiar in the landscapes and some other things.. the game is really awesome but now my questions:

1) i die very easy, because when i shoot i fail or dont kill them even im shooting 3 times..( not always but sometimes it gets really hard)

2) i dont have to much ammunitions even though i pick almost everything from the enemies´pockets..

how do i get a good weapon where i can find ammo and stuff like that to make it a bit easier because im a noob on this game at the moment and want to enjoy this game as u all do.

True I Skill
04-19-2010, 06:34 PM
For your first question, Take cover alot, avoid fights if the enemy looks too strong. When you do fight Run up close use V.A.T.S shoot in head, That normaly works for me at beggining of game. I also suggest using Shotguns and Hunting rifles, I didnt really use machine guns at the beggining of the game. Make up plans for each enemy, Raiders i normaly fight them however i want, Super mutaunts i normaly run up close, 2 shots to the head in V.A.T.S with a shotgun or hunting rifle, Then as soon as V.A.T.S ends shoot again and they die. Also collect health and stipnaks(I think its spelt like that anyway)

for your second question, Dont only collect from dead bodies, But search the shelfs, the ground, and the buildings you go into, It can take a while but i search pretty much every building i go into. Pick up anything worth over 30 caps, Unless its weight is way too High then leave it. Dont sell health, or ammo. Pick up enemy guns and Armour to sell also, Everything you find sell it to traders. If they run out of money or you run out of space Put it in a locker in either your tenpenny, Or megaton home. Or you could make Expensive item piles arround the wastes, Just find a location you know you will remember and not forget and that is safe from enemies, Drop all your items you want to sell in that area in a pile, Then travel back whenever you need it later on to sell, Dont leave them there for too long or they dissapear.

Anyway good luck. Its a great game once you get use to it. I've known many people who said the game sucks, I think it just takes some getting use to and once you get use to it, its a great game. Dont give up on it. :)

jdd895
04-19-2010, 06:36 PM
To answer question 1: Make sure youre using VATS because just shooting randomly at them doesnt work

Question 2: You can get ammo at any settlement such as Megaton from Craterside Supplies or at Rivet City from Flak and Shrapnel

LP10
04-19-2010, 09:13 PM
For your first question, Take cover alot, avoid fights if the enemy looks too strong. When you do fight Run up close use V.A.T.S shoot in head, That normaly works for me at beggining of game. I also suggest using Shotguns and Hunting rifles, I didnt really use machine guns at the beggining of the game. Make up plans for each enemy, Raiders i normaly fight them however i want, Super mutaunts i normaly run up close, 2 shots to the head in V.A.T.S with a shotgun or hunting rifle, Then as soon as V.A.T.S ends shoot again and they die. Also collect health and stipnaks(I think its spelt like that anyway)

for your second question, Dont only collect from dead bodies, But search the shelfs, the ground, and the buildings you go into, It can take a while but i search pretty much every building i go into. Pick up anything worth over 30 caps, Unless its weight is way too High then leave it. Dont sell health, or ammo. Pick up enemy guns and Armour to sell also, Everything you find sell it to traders. If they run out of money or you run out of space Put it in a locker in either your tenpenny, Or megaton home. Or you could make Expensive item piles arround the wastes, Just find a location you know you will remember and not forget and that is safe from enemies, Drop all your items you want to sell in that area in a pile, Then travel back whenever you need it later on to sell, Dont leave them there for too long or they dissapear.

Anyway good luck. Its a great game once you get use to it. I've known many people who said the game sucks, I think it just takes some getting use to and once you get use to it, its a great game. Dont give up on it. :)
thank you very much. wasnt expecting to become replies that fast.
i wont give up but i hope i find the perfect way to play it so that it doesnt annoy sometimes.

LP10
04-19-2010, 09:16 PM
thanx for the answers.. of course i have many more and i will post them anytime i remember them.

another question is:

where do i see which karma i have?? i suppose it should be somewhere in the pip-boy but where exactly?

MC Paranoia
04-19-2010, 09:56 PM
First circle, last screen on the Pip-Boy.

MigrantAleXx
04-20-2010, 07:26 AM
For question to id suggest a good meele wep while u build up ammo and drop the difficutly if its to hard cause alot of my friends cant play the hole game using only meele like i did lolz so they put it on easy

LP10
04-20-2010, 08:42 PM
the next question i have is: ive read in this forum that you should save the game at level 7,13,19 because on the next level you will get the thing with the karma.. anyways i do understand the meaning of it and i find it great, so i wont need to play this game 3 times for this achievements(just like mass effect ally achievements).

i discovered from @MC Paranoia where my karma status is and it appears neutral..
so.. im level 7, made a save on a different slot, but how should i get the other 2 achievements for good and bad karma?

I think for bad karma i just need to steal somethings in megaton for example or kill some people in there, and for good karma just continue being gentile to the other ones!?
am i right or how do you do that?

Shinobi273
04-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Karma achievements are pretty easy, killing good/friendly people will rack up lots of bad karma. Giving purified water to the beggar or donating caps to the church can get you very fast good karma.

You can save The Replicated Man, The Nuka-Cola Challenge, and Agatha's Song for a fast XP burst to gain the level after gaining the karma disposition you need for the achievement. Those 3 quests have no expiration and don't give a game-breaking reward you can't get anywhere else. You can complete the quest up to returning to the NPC for reward conversation and just save it uncompleted until you want the xp.

MigrantAleXx
04-20-2010, 10:23 PM
First of all nice work on staying on Netural most people find that the most Difficult to do as they either favor good or evil not many people can get netural without really going for it so if you can get the Netural ones the others shoudnt be much of a problem

LP10
04-22-2010, 07:52 PM
mmm.. when exactly should i save my game? quit before getting level 8 or inmedealy when i get level 7? because from lvl. 7 to 8 there is a lot of experience to get.

another question.. i was playing this last 2 times a bit and was trying to make the achievement from moira?.. - the girl who wants to make a guide from the wastland where you need to explore the super duper market and the creatures and all this stuff..
i´ve realized that this sidequest is longer than usual because she wants lots of informations etc.
the misson is now to find out the history from rivet city... the map points one possition where is anybody.. i thought it was a bug or glitch..
so i searched on my cellphone what exactly i need to do for this mission and one page said that there are some possibilities to do this and the one i chose was the one where u need to run straight away where all the airplanes are.. jump to the water and go to an tunel underwater.. i get to a dude who had all kind of dynamites in the rooms.. his name begins with P i think... cant remember..
in this other forum they say i need to ask him about the history from rivet city.. so i talk to him and there is the option to find out about the history with 2 alternatives.. the problem is that he refused to tell me something..
i read the forum again and it says i need to insist.. but the question is how?? there isnt even the possibility to make something with my speech, intelligence or whatever i need

Kirkis
04-23-2010, 03:32 PM
My first character was neutral and i found it so much better then the good karma one I'm doing now less talon company haha.
Now what i did for ammo was i would collect everything i could from the raiders and trade it for ammo i think the most i ever pay out of my own pocket 50 or so the rest is from extra guns, armor, cartons/packs of cigs, and pre war money. Also if you don't use the drugs like buffout, jet or med x sell those too can also get quite a bit from it.

gmorra
04-23-2010, 05:22 PM
WOW, no offense to you at all(OP) but who's dick did you have to suck to get all these responses to your questions? These forums are usually dead these days and posts like these especially. Congratz on your accomplishment man!:drunk

LP10
04-23-2010, 05:44 PM
i need to edit my the last post i did because i got the "The Wasteland Survival Guide" achievement.. the part i meant was glitched so i tried it again and it worked..
im now lvl 8 and yes i get my achievement for neutral karma "Mercenary" and good karma "Protector"..
but i have a question to you all who can help me.. i made a save before getting lvl 8 and i had good karma so i did the protector achievement.. load it again and steal some things to get my character neutral and get the "mercenary" achievement, but my character wont change to bad karma.. i know that stealing things and killing people will give you the bad karma but the problem is that i just need 5points of experience what means, i kill someone and get lvl. 8.

what i was trying to do was going to megaton from house to house and steal everything i found but... im still on neutral.. how can i make it?
any suggestions?

True I Skill
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
i need to edit my the last post i did because i got the "The Wasteland Survival Guide" achievement.. the part i meant was glitched so i tried it again and it worked..
im now lvl 8 and yes i get my achievement for neutral karma "Mercenary" and good karma "Protector"..
but i have a question to you all who can help me.. i made a save before getting lvl 8 and i had good karma so i did the protector achievement.. load it again and steal some things to get my character neutral and get the "mercenary" achievement, but my character wont change to bad karma.. i know that stealing things and killing people will give you the bad karma but the problem is that i just need 5points of experience what means, i kill someone and get lvl. 8.

what i was trying to do was going to megaton from house to house and steal everything i found but... im still on neutral.. how can i make it?
any suggestions?

Thats bad.
Hm i dont know any ways to get Bad Karma without gaining Xp Im sure there are some ways that Other people will know. You could try a bad option on some quests. Like the power of atom. If you've not done it already, Blow it up and get loads of XP and bad karma at the same time. If uve already done it maybe some one else has another idea.
If you cant figure out how to get it, Look for a more early save, Or... You could make a quick save and just rush to Level 8. Seeing as you would need the bad Karma acheivment, You could just run into anywhere and start killing Normal people for no reason.

LP10
04-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Thats bad.
Hm i dont know any ways to get Bad Karma without gaining Xp Im sure there are some ways that Other people will know. You could try a bad option on some quests. Like the power of atom. If you've not done it already, Blow it up and get loads of XP and bad karma at the same time. If uve already done it maybe some one else has another idea.
If you cant figure out how to get it, Look for a more early save, Or... You could make a quick save and just rush to Level 8. Seeing as you would need the bad Karma acheivment, You could just run into anywhere and start killing Normal people for no reason.
damn.. i knew its bad. however there is positiv thing.. i had made a early save in lvl 7 but with a huge differece to get lvl 8... i doesnt matter. its better than starting a whole new game again for just one achievement..

so what i need to do is kill the people in megaton or rivet city and steal all the accesories where the names are written in red and i shall get bad karma right??
is it possible to see an ammount of "points" in your pip-boy to recognize how much i need to have bad or good karma or is this just an average that u cant count?

True I Skill
04-24-2010, 01:18 PM
damn.. i knew its bad. however there is positiv thing.. i had made a early save in lvl 7 but with a huge differece to get lvl 8... i doesnt matter. its better than starting a whole new game again for just one achievement..

so what i need to do is kill the people in megaton or rivet city and steal all the accesories where the names are written in red and i shall get bad karma right??
is it possible to see an ammount of "points" in your pip-boy to recognize how much i need to have bad or good karma or is this just an average that u cant count?

I dont think there is a number.
You will have to go by what he looks like on the Picture on your Pip-Boy
If he looks like jesus - Very good
If he is a normal guy but looks good - Good
If he looks Normal - Normal
If he looks like a bad guy - Bad
If he looks like the Devil - Very bad

You need either one of the last 2. Doing anything bad works really, Stealing, Killing good people, If you go into a shop you can steal everything that would get you alot of bad karma. Its not that hard to get bad karma. then after you are evil depending on how far you are you should go find some Super mutaunts to kill(They get your Xp up fast when your low level) Or you can find a quick and easy quest.

LP10
04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
I dont think there is a number.
You will have to go by what he looks like on the Picture on your Pip-Boy
If he looks like jesus - Very good
If he is a normal guy but looks good - Good
If he looks Normal - Normal
If he looks like a bad guy - Bad
If he looks like the Devil - Very bad

You need either one of the last 2. Doing anything bad works really, Stealing, Killing good people, If you go into a shop you can steal everything that would get you alot of bad karma. Its not that hard to get bad karma. then after you are evil depending on how far you are you should go find some Super mutaunts to kill(They get your Xp up fast when your low level) Or you can find a quick and easy quest.
thanks..
i loaded a previous save i made when i was lvl 7 needing about 1000 experience points so i did the same missions i had done to reach lvl 8 but stealing and killing the good people.. i got to say i was scaried because my karma was at very bad so i thought it wouldnt work but it did..

LP10
04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
hey there.. i got a problem doing a sidequest called "Stealing Independence". as u all know u just need to take the Declaration.. im in front of the door to get it but i need a freaking key.. first i was with this girl Sidney but she left me or. we lost each other :D i dont know.. first there was a door where i needed a key.. so i went all the "museum" through killing everyone hoping they would drop the key i need but nothing.. so making this "travel" around the "museum" i found a door and went all the path through, found a robot that talks to me and says he wants to fight or whatever and i made the speech succesfully lying that im mr. jefferson so he believed me and now it just doesnt work anymore.. in front of it there is a door where normally the Declaration should be but i have not the necessary key.. so what now??

Spawn 0f Hell
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
If you die alot you can change the difficulty down from the pause menu (not the pip-boy).

LP10
04-27-2010, 06:45 PM
hey there.. i got a problem doing a sidequest called "Stealing Independence". as u all know u just need to take the Declaration.. im in front of the door to get it but i need a freaking key.. first i was with this girl Sidney but she left me or. we lost each other :D i dont know.. first there was a door where i needed a key.. so i went all the "museum" through killing everyone hoping they would drop the key i need but nothing.. so making this "travel" around the "museum" i found a door and went all the path through, found a robot that talks to me and says he wants to fight or whatever and i made the speech succesfully lying that im mr. jefferson so he believed me and now it just doesnt work anymore.. in front of it there is a door where normally the Declaration should be but i have not the necessary key.. so what now??

Pogo27
04-30-2010, 01:52 AM
I apologize if this has already been posted in this thread, but the absolute best solution to the ammunition problem is the Brotherhood Outcast outpost at Fort Independence.

I'm pretty deep into my third playthrough of the game and the second and third playthroughs have been significantly easier in large part because of my knowledge of Fort Independence, which I did not know about until very late in my first play through.

If you notice on the world map, just to the west of Megaton, there is a green line running north and south representing a road. If you follow this road south, you'll run into Fairfax Ruins. There are plenty of raiders here with big guns (at least one missile launcher), so if you're still fairly low level, I suggest walking around. Anyway, once you've "discovered" Fairfax Ruins, the Fort Independence marker is due west of here just a very short distance.

Fort Independence is a medium-sized building on the north side of a bridge and there are a handful of Brotherhood Outcast in the area (red power armor). If you go in to the chain-link fenced in area, there is a guy in here who will give you 5.56mm ammunition in exchange for technology. Scrap metal, laser pistols, laser rifles, power armor, and a few other items...he'll take them all and give ammo in exchange. I know it's 96 rounds for a laser rifle.

Just put your skill points into small guns and repair so you can keep a well-maintained assault rifle, and turn in the energy weapons for ammo and you're pretty well set.

Pogo27
04-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Some more advice which should help with both ammo conservation and your ability to fight bad guys: make sure you're investing your skill points well.

Early on, you want to put a lot of points into REPAIR and SMALL GUNS (I guess small guns is optional if you'd rather use energy weapons, big guns, melee, or unarmed, but if you read my previous post on the assault rifle ammo, small guns is arguably the best, especially early on).

SNEAK is also a good skill to invest in.

Additionally, there are some great perks like SNIPER which increase your chances to get a headshot in VATS.

When you pull off a successful sneak attack, it is automatically a critical. Generally speaking, most enemies you'll fight are most vulnerable to headshots.

By investing skill points in REPAIR, you'll be able to repair your weapons. The more durability your weapon has, the more damage it does.

Also, by investing your skill points in one of the weapons (again, I strongly advise SMALL GUNS), your chance to hit as well as damage dealt with that weapon type increases.

The higher your sneak skill, the closer you can get to your enemy and still be hidden for the sneak attack critical strike. Perks such as SNIPER help.

Now, the combination of all this means you're killing your enemies quicker, which means they have less chance to attack you and you use less ammo. You take less damage, and don't run out of ammo.

Personally, I'm pretty much sticking to 3 guns. Hunting Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Combat Shotgun.

I use the hunting rifle basically as a sniper. I know there are sniper rifles in the game, however they're relatively rare, as is the ammo, compared to the hunting rifle. There are plenty of .32cal ammo all over, as well as hunting rifles to repair with. (Don't forget to pick up Lincoln's Repeater in the Museum of History to use instead of the hunting rifle.)

I use the Assault Rifle for a lot of the small skirmishes, or when I have multiple targets at medium-long range.

The combat shotgun I save for when I fight Mire/Nuka Lurks or when I have a lot of enemies at close range that I need to dispose of quickly. The only reason I don't use the combat shotgun any more than this is because both the gun and ammo is not plentiful enough (compared to the assault rifle).

I also generally use the Assault Rifle as opposed to the Chinese Rifle, simply because a fully repaired Assault Rifle does decent damage compared to most of the Chinese Assault Rifle's you find, and you don't find enough Chinese ones to keep them fully repaired.

Honestly though, if your sneak, small guns, and repair is good enough, a lot of times you can simply one-shot head-shot a lot of your enemies and there's not even a fight.

LP10
05-04-2010, 03:40 PM
i´ve done all the side quests and collected the bobbleheads and other things.. im now trying to do the achievement where i need to construct the weapons. any tipps how can i find the schematics and most of all the things i need to built them..

Spawn 0f Hell
05-04-2010, 03:47 PM
I got the schematics by killing the wandering salesmen. It gives you bad karma but they carry alot of stuff so it balances out.

KarmaDog214
05-04-2010, 04:26 PM
I got the schematics by killing the wandering salesmen. It gives you bad karma but they carry alot of stuff so it balances out.
You don't want to do that.

You can upgrade the Merchant Caravans at Canterbury Commons so they have more things to sell. Requires a lot of caps for investments, but overall, it's definitely worth it.
Even without it they restock on supplies, so it's a definite plus if you keep them alive. Just pick up any useful items lying around and sell it to a merchant. This way you'll at least have caps to purchase schematics or any other equipment you need.

Pogo27
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Well, if you're really struggling with the Weaponsmith achievement...

With the Broken Steel DLC, there is a perk at, I believe level 26, which if I'm not mistaken is called Warmonger, which gives you the plans for all 7 weapons even without having found the schematics.

That said...I know at least 3 of the schematics can be earned as quest rewards. A bottlecap mine schematic is given for the Wasteland Survival Guide, or maybe it's just for completing the optional part of Minefield? A Nuka-Grenade schematic is given for The Nuka-Cola Challenge, but you have to turn the caps in to the woman, not the man. The Railway Rifle schematics are given for Stealing Independence.

However, there are 3 copies of each schematic. Acquiring multiple copies of the same schematic improves your plans. For the mines and grenades, v1 makes one, v2 makes 2, and v3 makes 3 mines/grenades at a time. For the other 4 weapons, you simply make a better quality weapon--your repair level also effects the initial quality.

At least two different traveling merchants have a schematic. I believe one of them has a Nuka-Grenade schematic. Moira Brown I believe sells a Rock-It Launcher schematic. The Dart Gun schematic can be purchased at Tenpenny Tower, in the store on the left side of the lobby. Even if you let the Ghouls take over, a ghoul merchant replaces the human merchant with the same inventory.

Hmm, apparently you can find a schematic for the Railway Rifle during "Trouble on the Homefront."

Also, the Shishkebab schematic is a quest reward for Blood Ties. And the Bloodclaw Gauntlet can be found at the Scott Key Trail and Campground, in one of the camper trailers.

But again, there are 3 copies of each schematic, so who knows where else you can find them.

LP10
05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
i got it.. i already had like 4 schematics i think.. i bought the rock-it launcher from moira, the bloodclaw gauntlet schematic was in scott key trail and there was another one..
searching the schematics i went to a red house near a metro station.. i think it was "luckys house"?? and all the pieces were there.. of course i was buying them and looking for them everywhere till i found this house with everything i needed..

i think i need 9 achievements and i have the 1000 gamescores.
2 of them are the last 2 missions of the game, 1 is the nuka cola side quest, 3 for karma at level 20, 1 for hacking the terminals, 1 for the speeches and 1 for finding 100 locations.

questions:
1) how or where can i level up rapidly?
2)i think i have won 25 speeches.. where can i make the other 25 if i just need 2 more missions to complete the game??

OMG I GOT SHOT
05-08-2010, 11:20 AM
questions:
1) how or where can i level up rapidly?
2)i think i have won 25 speeches.. where can i make the other 25 if i just need 2 more missions to complete the game?? In the achievement guide there is a method to infiinitely win a speech contest I think. For leveling up quickly, you have to probably just grind it out.

LP10
05-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Well i finally complet the game. i would like to thank you all who helped everytime with my questions. the tipps and answers were very helpfull. i appreciate that.

i want to say that this game made a lot of fun. i couldnt play it a long time ago because i was like .."hm.. idk".. i wasnt really sure to buy it. actually i dont know why i bought it at all.. i was like searching something to play but nothing convinced me so a friend told he has watched some gameplays in the internet and explain me about it..

when i played it i figured out it was very similar with oblivion and i was just "awesome". and the best thing was that the story was more credible and with weapons it was amazing.. i have to say this game kicks ass.
the producers, game designers and everyone did a great job.. i like to give my critic and want to add that this game could have been way better in some points and hope that in the new game "New Vegas" some things change. what i read yesterday about "New Vegas" was like : "im going to buy this game to check it out, to see whats new and to enjoy this adventure one more time"...

at this point i have to say that if anyone out there needs help with this game just send me a private message and i will help you. i feel prepared to help other ones with the great tipps and tricks i got from everyone who supported me.

bye