PDA

View Full Version : The Pacific

GhostFalcon3
04-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Anyone else here watching the pacific!

I think it's something like a ten part mini series, with the fourth part on tonight (UK). It's from the creators of "Band of Brothers" which was indeed an excellent series.

elephantd
04-21-2010, 05:58 AM
Meh i stopped watching after the third lol.

Minty
04-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Its up to Epsiode 6 in the US. Up till episode 3 I wasn't really into it. 4-6 have been a lot better IMO. Not as good as Band of Brothers, haven't related to the characters as much. There isn't really a main character in it like Winters in BoB - Leccie doesn't count lol.

Moving to TV as well

HarperBird
04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I think this is just not good if not better then BoB because there where so many characters in BoB that you would get confused of who is who when there was an epic battle scene whereas compared to The Pacific there are 3 main characters and each has a different background and it is a lot more easier to follow but that is just imo

Also the beach battle scene in part 5 i thought was epic!

Dead Sanny
04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
were only up to part 3 here in aus, its not as good as band of brothers but its still not a bad effort, ill admit its character development isnt as strong as in band of brothers but the pacific has some nice battle scenes.

SmarteMarte
04-21-2010, 07:10 PM
i'm watching it because its "from the creators of band of brothers" but it aint no where near the level of that!

ProfoundSpartan
04-22-2010, 12:42 AM
This any good I was planning on watching it but I was waiting to hear if it was good or not.

exo-apollo
04-22-2010, 02:16 AM
I think this is just not good if not better then BoB because there where so many characters in BoB that you would get confused of who is who when there was an epic battle scene whereas compared to The Pacific there are 3 main characters and each has a different background and it is a lot more easier to follow but that is just imo

Haha man your picture is of The Wire and you had trouble following Band of Brothers? But I agree with whoever said that the last few episodes have been excellent, 5 and 6 in particular were really powerful.

$RebelG
04-22-2010, 08:23 PM
I'll agree with you guys that its not really on the same level as BoB. I really can't relate to any of the guys in it, and then when I finally do they either die or just disappear. So then I have to get my head around these new guys and its a little hard to do. I don't think there's been enough action in the episodes yet either I really hope it gets better.

Code of Conduct
04-22-2010, 09:39 PM
I'll agree with you guys that its not really on the same level as BoB. I really can't relate to any of the guys in it, and then when I finally do they either die or just disappear. So then I have to get my head around these new guys and its a little hard to do. I don't think there's been enough action in the episodes yet either I really hope it gets better.

That's because it's not Band of Brothers.

The whole part of the series is to show the emotional side and what war does to the innocence of human beings. Notice how the actor that plays Leckie didn't seem so fucked up in the beginning and how Sid Phillips (Episode 5) is totally different than in the beginning of the series. Eugene will also eventually go through this. The action should intensify if that's what your worried about. Theres still the rest of Peleliu, Okinawa, and Iwo Jima. Which are arguably the bloodiest battles of WW2.

For the people not knowing who the real "main character" of the series is, there really isn't a character there only following. The story is based on Leckie and Sledge because they wrote two of the best WW2 memoirs, but also a bit of John Basilone.

Also note that most people thought Band of Brothers wasn't that great when it came out. Through re-runs and DVDs it gained popularity.

Podeof
04-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I just love that kind of series, and the trailer looks awesome, i really liked a band of brothers so i really want to see it

baskcm
05-01-2010, 12:46 AM
main thing is that bob and the pacific are two different theaters of war you have to take that into consideration

domn8rdom
05-01-2010, 05:09 AM
Its not on BoB level at all but its a excellent show to watch. I havent missed a sunday yet and the last 2 episodes are the best so far and hopefully will only get better from there.

Bottomlessclip
05-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Tonight's episode was alright but yeah it's no BoB

Gage3Wade
05-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Stopped watching after the 4th episode, just cant get into it like Band of Brothers.

iBlessing 09
05-05-2010, 07:24 AM
5-6 were good but that's about it. The rest, in my opinion, are bland and predictable.

bapae
05-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Anyone else here watching the pacific!

I think it's something like a ten part mini series, with the fourth part on tonight (UK). It's from the creators of "Band of Brothers" which was indeed an excellent series. It actually a continuation of band of brothers but it takes place in the pacific theatre instead of the european theatre. I havent watched it yet i tihnk i might just wait till i can buy it in a box set just like im going to do with band of brothers im going to buy the box set.

HarperBird
05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
latest episode was a tad boring and a bit predictable but also a but emotional! a real mix there...

Code of Conduct
05-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Stopped watching after the 4th episode, just cant get into it like Band of Brothers.

Maybe because it's not Band of Brothers

Tonight's episode was alright but yeah it's no BoB

BECAUSE IT'S NOT BAND OF BROTHERS. Seriously. If it was exactly the same compared to BoB you guys would start saying they can't do anything original.
It's still a good series on its own.

It actually a continuation of band of brothers but it takes place in the pacific theatre instead of the european theatre. I havent watched it yet i tihnk i might just wait till i can buy it in a box set just like im going to do with band of brothers im going to buy the box set.

Actually, it's not. At all. No characters from BoB appear in The Pacific.

exo-apollo
05-06-2010, 07:02 AM
I like seeing the minor cameos from all sorts of Australian actors. Gary Sweet is hilarious. WOOF!

DarthSoth
05-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Band of Brotheres was awesome. I really want to see this series. Anyone had any word on whether Showcase might pick this up in the future for us up here in Canada without HBO? If not then I will definitely be buying it when it is released for home video consumption.

Code of Conduct
05-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Band of Brotheres was awesome. I really want to see this series. Anyone had any word on whether Showcase might pick this up in the future for us up here in Canada without HBO? If not then I will definitely be buying it when it is released for home video consumption.

Showcase probably won't pick it up, so you'll have to wait for the DVD release. The Pacific is almost over in the US BUT I wouldn't expect a DVD release for awhile. At earliest maybe in the very end of the summer, but Band of Brothers didn't get released on DVD pretty much a year after it was released.