PDA

View Full Version : How do you do achievements for someone else?

spyder2g
04-20-2010, 02:44 AM
I was reading a thread by some kid who wanted someone to rent him games (idiot). He was asking to rent because he said that he didn't think he was allowed to ask people to do the achievements for him. I'm not asking anybody to do this for me, I don't even know what the hell it means. Please inlighten me.

Before you yell at me that thread was closed.

ghostbusters16
04-20-2010, 02:47 AM
He means he wants someone to recover his gamertag and complete some games for him. I've had a couple friends do this before, but I know them in person rather than on a website.

BG AzN
04-20-2010, 02:49 AM
It's usually by someone the person asked to get achievements for them, recovering the person who asked's gamertag on their Xbox and playing games and unlocking achievements.

Madfrog0
04-20-2010, 03:03 AM
you dont want to give out ur password. thats for sure.

spyder2g
04-20-2010, 03:44 AM
This is why I love it here. Post a question, run down to the gas station, hit refresh and boom question answered.

That sounds like the most pathetic thing to do with achievements EVER. I love 'em as much as the next guy but do people actually resort to this to get a higher gamerscore? And who would actually get them for someone else? Is there some underground achievement trade? Seriously stupid.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-20-2010, 03:47 AM
yeah if im not mistaken, its bannable (sp?) to recover somes GT and get them achievements....

EmporerDragon
04-20-2010, 03:55 AM
That sounds like the most pathetic thing to do with achievements EVER. I love 'em as much as the next guy but do people actually resort to this to get a higher gamerscore? And who would actually get them for someone else? Is there some underground achievement trade? Seriously stupid.

I'd say it's more pathetic to hack/gamesave the achievements.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-20-2010, 03:56 AM
I'd say it's more pathetic to hack/gamesave the achievements.

hmmm i dont know..at least if you hack/gamesave your actually making an effort

if you have someone else get them theres no effort at all

but they are both pathetic

mcnichoj
04-20-2010, 09:26 AM
yeah if im not mistaken, its bannable (sp?) to recover somes GT and get them achievements....No, doing this won't get you banned from anywhere.

Unless you're part of the "Refined Men That Only Get Achievements Themselves Club" or something like that.

jackanape
04-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Actually if you allow someone else to recover your tag onto a different machine and then get achievements for you then your score can be reset by MS. This has happened on a number of occasions where there has been documented proof of the event happening.

It is against MS terms and conditions to share your account information and details with anyone - doing so will get you in trouble, fact.

ALIENWAR3
04-20-2010, 09:58 AM
In other words, lazy kids with lack of gaming skill, i just bite my knuckles a :woop:nd bare it, soon the achievement will pop

BooseyGirl
04-20-2010, 11:19 AM
If you go to YouTube and search, you'll find tons of video's of people advertising to do this either for Microsoft points or actual money through PayPal. It's ridiculous what some people will do for achievements and gamerscore. To risk your account being hacked, your Bank account being hacked...people are insane.

Vonzipper
04-20-2010, 11:22 AM
If you go to YouTube and search, you'll find tons of video's of people advertising to do this either for Microsoft points or actual money through PayPal.

Achievement Wh0res

YouTube- Life of Achievement Whores - G4's Attack of the Show

My opinion, it's not much of an achievement if someone else does it for you.

eviltb
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
quick answer to this question - you dont on this site. Case closed.