PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on character builds

BrutishJager
04-20-2010, 05:19 AM
I've read a few guides and tried a few things out on my own, even though i haven't gotten very far, I was just curious as to how everyone else builds their character for max enjoyment :woop:

DOOKH8R
04-20-2010, 05:27 AM
I always pick skills that cater to how I play. I like to carry a lot of items and win speech challenges with the NPCs so I go with strength and whatever the game is calling the speech skill.

Sixthbrick
04-20-2010, 05:38 AM
I've read a few guides and tried a few things out on my own, even though i haven't gotten very far, I was just curious as to how everyone else builds their character for max enjoyment :woop:

i love to play RPG'S so i put there stats to a way i would imagine there story to take.like my guy is a kinda mad max loner guy so he is shit hot at hand weapons and small guns and is great at repairing

or i have another thats a girl who iike a smart arse so her intelligence is high and use's lazer guns and can hack

but after the frst play through i put other charters stats up so achevements are easier to get like the speech and lock pick ones.

but to each there own, your gonna be with your guy for a long time it helps to actually "like" him, well i find anyway
fallouts amazing:woop:

BrutishJager
04-20-2010, 05:52 AM
but to each there own, your gonna be with your guy for a long time it helps to actually "like" him, well i find anyway
fallouts amazing:woop:

I still prefer Oblivion, but Fallout actually makes me think about character builds.. lol xD

Personally I like to go with all strength and just destroy everything in melee combat :D Sledge hammer :D

MigrantAleXx
04-20-2010, 07:23 AM
I Max out my Intellegence wen im picking my Special skillz because that gives me more points every time i level up to place on lock pick ect it makes the game alot easyer then if you get the perk that boosts your skill points it just flys up pretty much i think i was getting 23 points per level at 5 or 6

KarmaDog214
04-20-2010, 09:14 AM
You can always check the character creation forum at Vault Wiki (click here (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Fallout_3_character_builds)) for advice or to share some of your ideas. There are notable perks that are worth getting, but that really depends on your style of play.

Ozbaab
04-20-2010, 09:53 AM
I put alot into Speech, Science and small guns and then some lockpicking in the beginning!
Now I got 100 in alot of skills..

BrutishJager
04-20-2010, 10:31 PM
You can always check the character creation forum at Vault Wiki (click here (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Fallout_3_character_builds)) for advice or to share some of your ideas. There are notable perks that are worth getting, but that really depends on your style of play.

I thought that was rather well known.. I was just curious how everyone else liked to play.

veece16
04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I like to have a higher strength and intelligence at the beginning of RPG's. Usually down the line I max out all my skills so they're balanced.

KarmaDog214
04-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I thought that was rather well known.. I was just curious how everyone else liked to play.
What's the difference? /joke :p

Gotchya. Though what I said is pretty much how anyone plays this game: whatever suits your style. And, I will argue that some people put an extensive amount of working on their build and explaining what its based around on the forum. Well, those are just my thoughts, anyway. If you're looking for opinions here, I guess there's nothing wrong with that. :biglaugh

BrutishJager
04-21-2010, 11:36 PM
What's the difference? /joke :p

Gotchya. Though what I said is pretty much how anyone plays this game: whatever suits your style. And, I will argue that some people put an extensive amount of working on their build and explaining what its based around on the forum. Well, those are just my thoughts, anyway. If you're looking for opinions here, I guess there's nothing wrong with that. :biglaugh

To clarify, i wanted a more in depth explanation, rather than, whatever suits my style. More like, I like to go around like a ninja and reverse pickpocket grenades into people's pants. ;)

Pogo27
04-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Sneak, Small Guns, Repair. Lockpick, Science, Speech, Explosives.

Mostly, I'm a sneaky little ninja sniper.

Jakethemuss
04-30-2010, 09:42 AM
I primarily go for strength (to carry more) small guns, energy weapons (to shoot sh1t), lockpick and science (to open safes and doors).

Stuff like speech, repair, big weapons rides backseat

Stuff like sneak I barely touch, why do you want to sneaking past enemies when you have a weapon capable of blowing their head clean off?

Pogo27
04-30-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't sneak BY anyone. I sneak up to them for the sneak attack criticals.

BrutishJager
04-30-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't sneak BY anyone. I sneak up to them for the sneak attack criticals.

Amen. xD Reverse pick pocketing is fun too :D

Liberty or Death
05-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Anyone have a melee build? I've played through the game twice specializing in energy weapons and small guns but I've always been curious about melee. Once maxed with corresponding perks, what is the damage like?

BrutishJager
05-15-2010, 02:44 AM
Anyone have a melee build? I've played through the game twice specializing in energy weapons and small guns but I've always been curious about melee. Once maxed with corresponding perks, what is the damage like?

I didn't get very far with my melee build but it was pretty fun and i didn't have many issues with fights. It gets pretty crazy once you get the sledge hammer :D

True I Skill
05-15-2010, 04:08 AM
I just put up what i think will be most helpful, Lockpick, Hacking, Speach, Repair. I think thats about it, I try and get a few others that i think are important up close behind, Then theres normaly a few that are very low Like unarmed.

On my most recent save i was going for 100 on all skills. I failed BIG Time and only realised it at level 20. i have 50-60 On each skill, with 10 levels left i dont see myself getting 100 on all of them, Atm i have only collected the 2 bobble heads im forced to collect, Ive collected about 34 books, i hope that Once i reach Level 30 i can collect enough Skill books to get each skill to atleast 90, Then grab the bobbleheads and get 100 on each skill. For New vegas il probably not bother with this way and do it on a later save, and stick with the skills i think are most important first.