PDA

View Full Version : Help With Greasemonkey

SSJ3
04-20-2010, 04:33 PM
So I'm trying to see if some of my friends have been cheating using Greasemonkey to see there dates when they unlocked there Achievements. I've downloaded the add-on for firefox but it still doesn't show there dates. :(

balance13
04-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Can't you just go on xbox.com and check them?

SnkyMnky90
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
you know u could just ask them. outlandish idea i know but its a thought

Minty
04-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Check out:

http://xenocidic.com/2008/04/11/how-to-view-achievement-unlocked-times.aspx

Madfrog0
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
what is greasemonkey?

Swizzler
04-20-2010, 07:26 PM
what is greasemonkey?
Well where im from its a mechanic lol :D

Madfrog0
04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
its a shop as well lol

Method
04-20-2010, 08:02 PM
what is greasemonkey? I got all this info directly from the link Minty provided. Please do some research yourselves before asking questions. Especially when you've been shown where to find the answer.

What is Greasemonkey?
Allows you to customize the way a webpage displays using small bits of JavaScript. What is the point of the script that the OP wants?

This little gem allows you to view not only the date an achievement was unlocked but the time as well. As usual this will only work if the achievement was unlocked whilst the user was connected to Xbox Live. This tool is also handy for anyone who is obsessive about their achievements/gamercard

SSJ3
04-20-2010, 10:15 PM
you know u could just ask them. outlandish idea i know but its a thought

I seriously doubt they would just admit it like that lol. And thanks for the link Minty I'll have a look on there now :)

RufftyMan
04-20-2010, 11:02 PM
...why would you be bothered if they cheated? :p

SSJ3
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM
...why would you be bothered if they cheated? :p

Why wouldn't I be bothered lol, it's not fair that they can get there achievements from a touch of a button and we have to work our asses off to get ours.

Melanopterus
04-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Who cares if they cheated? And again a million times some games aren't stamped because not everyone plays online all the time. I mean all your research still couldn't possibly answer whether they just simply weren't online.

But I mean are these real life friends? If so I imagine they would tell you, I also imagine it wouldn't be a big deal to you.

Or are they just online friends? If it bothers you so much just remove them and whatever...

I mean who cares if they cheated, it's not a job it's not anything big. You know you earned yours and you should have pride in just that. And again if it's really an issue that bothers you remove them and move on. That's just me though...

Good luck on your hunt though

SSJ3
04-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Who cares if they cheated? And again a million times some games aren't stamped because not everyone plays online all the time. I mean all your research still couldn't possibly answer whether they just simply weren't online.

But I mean are these real life friends? If so I imagine they would tell you, I also imagine it wouldn't be a big deal to you.

Or are they just online friends? If it bothers you so much just remove them and whatever...

Good luck on your hunt though

Trust me it's easy to tell if they have cheated or not ;). I know if they have some Offline achievements then it's no big deal. Hell even I have a few Offline ones.

But if they have Online achievements Offline that's a different story.

GameMasterTwig
04-20-2010, 11:27 PM
So I'm trying to see if some of my friends have been cheating using Greasemonkey to see there dates when they unlocked there Achievements. I've downloaded the add-on for firefox but it still doesn't show there dates. :(

The script usually needs to be manually turned on. Also, some anti-virus/anti-malware programs will stop the script from running.

As others have said this is not a sure fire way of seeing if they cheated or not.

SSJ3
04-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to say thanks to Minty's link I got it working in a heartbeat. It's a really good way to see if they have cheated in my opinion if someone has unlocked Gears 2's 50 and 100 Rank Achievements within a minute of each other then you know they have cheated.

Melanopterus
04-20-2010, 11:48 PM
But if they have Online achievements Offline that's a different story.

That is very true, and the quickest way to tell I guess. Well glad your hunt ended hope they weren't offline friends it'd be sad to have it spoiled because of that :(

funman
04-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Why wouldn't I be bothered lol, it's not fair that they can get there achievements from a touch of a button and we have to work our asses off to get ours.

You know I look at some peoples GT and I just think to myself, My score is not high but I know that I put the effect in for it, this person is not as lucky and just cheating him/her self out of alot of game fun!

It is not meant to be easy (well some games are abit too easy) that is why you get a game score to show you did something! Back in the day, you could just say you 100% a game, but now you can show you did it!

RufftyMan
04-22-2010, 01:16 AM
I understand what you're saying. We put the time and effort into getting achievements whereas the people who cheat their gamerscore get them with next to no effort.

However, I don't understand why it bothers people. Personally I couldn't care less if all my friends glitched their gamerscore. In no way does their gamerscore affect me. All it does is leave any boasting they do with no validity whatsoever. Plus, at the end of the day, it's only a number on a computer screen, of which mine I'm proud of putting the time and effort into :drunk

Xavygravy
04-22-2010, 07:11 AM
what's greasemonkey?

SSJ3
04-22-2010, 01:04 PM
what's greasemonkey?

It's a program what allows you too see what time people got there Achievements.