PDA

View Full Version : Question about phoning Microsoft

JrdRIOT
04-21-2010, 12:34 AM
My friend recently had money taken off his bank account for points for XBL he didn't purchase them (100% didnt) if he phones up can he find out what account bought them and what they bought?

Kairi
04-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Im not sure but its possible. It doesnt hurt to call anyway. If anything it will help and if not the situation doesnt get worse.

Glowin Smurff
04-21-2010, 02:26 AM
why doesn't he just contact the bank and inform them some made a purchase using his account he didn't authorize and was not aware of, they'll start an investigation, and he should also cancel that card, and get a new one.

And MS might not give out information to a private party about transactions using cards, but the only way to find out is to try.

funman
04-21-2010, 08:57 AM
My friend recently had money taken off his bank account for points for XBL he didn't purchase them (100% didnt) if he phones up can he find out what account bought them and what they bought?

Ya, I say ring them up. Cus My house mate did not have a debit card so he was using mine, and I had some fees that i did not know on my card so I rang them up and as I was the card holder I was able to talk with them about my house mates account. Don't know if they should have and I was able to get my card details taken off his account. So If you are the card holder you have the right to know how it is being used.

ApochWeiss
04-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Call up Microsoft and have them check it out. They can find out what console purchased the points and can verify easily whether your friend bought them or not. I believe they can also look up the gamertag. I don't think they will give you the information though if you want to go after anyone for identity theft it that happens to be the case. But do that, and if it turns out someone else bought points on the card without his permission, I'd ask Microsoft to remove the card from the hard drive (which I think can also be done through xbox.com if I remember correctly) and then contact the bank to notify them of a charge that was not authorized and to get a replacement card. Simple.

Wasted800Points
04-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Good luck phoning them. You get through to India and have to deal with people speaking english as a foreign language.

In my experience in calling Microsoft i've found their operators grasp of the language to be very limited.

Unless you're telling them you have red lights or something that requires them to answer you need to plug it in sir, they're really quite useless.

I'd be inclined to go through your bank. Unless they have their call centre next door to Microsoft's of course.

bapae
04-21-2010, 05:49 PM
And MS might not give out information to a private party about transactions using cards, but the only way to find out is to try. They should give him information on it since its his credit card being used.

Glowin Smurff
04-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Good luck phoning them. You get through to India and have to deal with people speaking english as a foreign language.

In my experience in calling Microsoft i've found their operators grasp of the language to be very limited.

Unless you're telling them you have red lights or something that requires them to answer you need to plug it in sir, they're really quite useless.

I'd be inclined to go through your bank. Unless they have their call centre next door to Microsoft's of course.

Strange, as i generally get Americans from the south when i call microsoft. And yeah, they all go through the standard question answer sheet they are provided with, it's how call centers work, standard trouble shooting etc.

you'd be surprised how many issues are fixed w/ simple things.

oh and i've called the support over a dozen times.

sak7395
04-21-2010, 09:20 PM
thats microsoft for ya

xtye
04-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I've had ONE person speak English when I called. One time and I've been playing Xbox LIVE since Halo 2 came out.

Just call, and tell them you have an unauthorized purchase made on Xbox LIVE, and you have the right to know the account used. If they refuse, ask for a higher up.

Code of Conduct
04-21-2010, 09:50 PM
thats microsoft for ya

Har har har

Hating Microsoft is cool, right guys?

I'd like to know how any of this would be Microsofts fault.

Stupid
04-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Har har har

Hating Microsoft is cool, right guys?

I'd like to know how any of this would be Microsofts fault.

Everyone likes to hate on "big bad Microsoft and "evil" Bill Gates - it appears to be common knowledge these days, along with Valve taking decades to make games. But in all honesty, Microsoft are a fantastic company and Bill Gates is an extremely generous man, don't hate him because he made it big using his head (or fingers!).
Anyhow, I've called from the UK several times and have spoken to extremely well spoken people every time, and I've rang up over 20 times, maybe it's luck who knows. On the other hand, I had to ring up Dell customer service a few months ago, fourteen times in a row I could barely understand them, and they were probably feeling the same way - I tried to explain how the power supply wasn't working and he was sure I was referring to the actual plug /lead not the PSU. Irritating, but hilarious. On a side note, ever tried Sony's customer service? Terrible. (Actual referring to the television one, not the PS3<< though this might be the same?) Samsung's is pretty good, as with a lot of the Korean/ Eastern companies actually.....

Madfrog0
04-21-2010, 11:09 PM
contact the bank and he can do a fraud report.