PDA

View Full Version : Conan's Coming to TBS!

BarbaricGoose
04-21-2010, 04:11 AM
http://jdusome.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/strike-conan-obrien_l.jpg
TB-Yes! Thanks to Adult Swim for that pun.

The late-night guessing game is over, with a startling twist: Conan O'Brien has chosen TBS as his future talk-show home. Expected to debut in November, the as-yet-untitled show will return O'Brien to the air after an absence that began in January when he abruptly left NBC, his employer of 17 years.

O'Brien's new program will air Mondays through Thursdays at 11 p.m. Eastern, which will shift "Lopez Tonight," starring George Lopez, from 11 p.m. EDT to midnight.

O'Brien's show will originate from Los Angeles, where he moved from New York for his short-lived stint hosting "The Tonight Show." For the second half of each show, he will face off against Jay Leno, who replaced him.
The five-year contract gives O'Brien ownership of the show, according to a person familiar with the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to publicly discuss it.

Upon TBS' announcement Monday, O'Brien quickly fired out a celebratory tweet: "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show," he posted on Twitter.

TBS said that talks with O'Brien accelerated last week after Lopez called O'Brien to ask him to come aboard.

"I can't think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in. It's the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy," Lopez said in a statement released by TBS.

Source. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100412/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_conan_o_brien)Hopefully the band and Andy will be coming with 'im. Don't see why they wouldn't, though. Welcome back, Coco.

Death Metal Jim
04-21-2010, 04:17 AM
as a 15 year watcher of Conan O'Brien i can say first and foremost that this is going to be very weird for me to see. I'm so used to seeing him on NBC and i was fully expecting him to move to Fox. The good news though is that now he can maintain full creative control, which is good because i heard NBC owns alot of his trademark characters which obviously will mean he has to create some new ones. Also i think TBS will be more lenient with him ratings wise, give him the proper time he needs to build an audience outside his diehards. I know one things for sure though, the moment he's back on tv hosting a late night show, i'll be watching :).

Burning Karma
04-22-2010, 12:56 AM
I guess I'll be watching the first half of his show before flipping over to The Colbert Report unless TBS plans to reair his show at another time. Oh well, either way, it'll be good to see him back on TV.

DOOKH8R
04-22-2010, 01:06 AM
George Lopez gets screwed yet again. First by those damn caveman and now this.

BarbaricGoose
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
George Lopez gets screwed yet again. First by those damn caveman and now this.

Seeing as how he's the one who convinced Conan to go to TBS, I wouldn't say "Screwed" is the right word to use.

Starstrukk X360A
04-24-2010, 07:13 PM
I can't wait.
I love Coco.

rvlution
04-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I was so glad when I saw this a couple of days ago. Conan is great.

Bottomlessclip
04-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Coco is the man and TBS is a great channel that gets better. Now they need to get rid of Lopez and all that Tyler Perry crap