PDA

View Full Version : Do you use Genji Glove?

Houlgatte
04-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Hello,

I think that I am going to dismantle a Genji glove (got 3 of them, but I don't use any) to get a trapezohedron.

Do you think that it is a bad idea? I notice that a lot of people tell that Genji Glove "is one of the most usefull item in the game" but I don't know why...

I don't know if i REALLY need 3 genji glove so I am asking you if you use them (3 at the same time) or if I can keep only two of them.

My party :
I fully developped the sphere grid of my characters but not already developped there weapons).
I got 5 stars in each mission except vercingetorix,i'm going to engage a combat with him since I have at least tier 3 weapon.
I never use Genji Glove for now...:confused:

I really can't get anymore Trapeze, I follow other treads, tricks etc... But I only get one Trapeze (I've killed near 100 tortoises). I'm so disgusting that Genji seems to be the only one solution.

But if it seems that 3 Genji Glove are really usefull, I will buy one Trapeze in shop.

xthewhiterabbit
04-21-2010, 08:05 AM
neah, id dismantle 2 of them and use the third for Fang. its very good for beating up on shaolong guis. if you use her as a party leader you can use an ability called 'Highwind.' this ability can land hundreds of thousands of health depeneding on the stagger chain gauge, BUT it also depletes the stagger of the enemy, so use it last second to land massive damage and end the stagger; very useful on all adamantoises and long guis during their stagger periods.

Ashmira
04-21-2010, 08:41 AM
I use 3 of them on my main grind party (boobsquad) but i think it's useless for Vanille as she doesn't get over 99k per hit anyways in either magic nor melee attacks.

Putting one on Lightning however speeds things up as she does over 260k damage on a debuffed staggered Shaolong Gui speeding things up dramaticly against her doing only 99k per hit.

On Fang it's really needed, as her Highwind will always do 1 million damage on a 999% staggered and imperriled target, usually at the end of the 1st stagger on Shaolong Gui's finishing it off.

Without Lightning having the Gengi glove i did them roughly between 7 and 11 minutes as it took me multiple staggers to kill it if i didnt die, with Fang & Lightning having the gengi, i have the tactics under wraps now to deal with them in 2:32, took me half the night yesterday to get the tactics sorted out for this with alot of frustration and dying.

Takatori
04-21-2010, 08:56 AM
You can dismantle 2 and use the last on Fang, that's all you need.

Houlgatte
04-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Ok guys, so I can dismantle one of them without any fear, but I think that I will dismantle another one soon,

I don't use Fang but I will keep at least one of them (genji glove), just in case.

I know about the Fang technic but never try it for now (I always forget), I am going to try it on the next session of FFXIII. Maybe that Fang is going to replace Snow very soon :D

Thank you :)

preppypoof
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Ok guys, so I can dismantle one of them without any fear, but I think that I will dismantle another one soon,

I don't use Fang but I will keep at least one of them (genji glove), just in case.

I know about the Fang technic but never try it for now (I always forget), I am going to try it on the next session of FFXIII. Maybe that Fang is going to replace Snow very soon :D

Thank you :)
Fang has the most STR of any character; I highly suggest you use her.

DrowningInMagots
04-30-2010, 03:18 PM
I would strongly suggest keeping a genji glove for fang; I have had her hit for 390,000 with it equipped. Besides, you're going to be grinding out tons of adamantoise kills to max out your crystarium and farm gil for treasure hunter, so you're very likely to find a trap at some point.

preppypoof
04-30-2010, 05:38 PM
I would strongly suggest keeping a genji glove for fang; I have had her hit for 390,000 with it equipped. Besides, you're going to be grinding out tons of adamantoise kills to max out your crystarium and farm gil for treasure hunter, so you're very likely to find a trap at some point.
thanks for the post, but in the future, try to refrain from posting on a thread that has been dead for 9 days. Nobody has posted here in a while because the OP either got the answer he needed or no longer cares.