PDA

View Full Version : Question about using a PAL or Region Free Console

mrbonelly
04-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Hello,
i'm interested in purchasing a PAL or Region Free console. Are there any special types of equipment that I would need in order to use one in the USA? Like special power brick, a/c cords... i see on eBay some ppl selling a/v converters.

Also, would it be best to get one over the other, like Region Free for all games regardless of version?

master_shake_350
04-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Region Free console

I think that is called a PS3.

If you want a PAL 360 you will have to get what it comes with. Sorry I can't be more help I am bad with consoles.

spyder2g
04-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Hello,
i'm interested in purchasing a PAL or Region Free console. Are there any special types of equipment that I would need in order to use one in the USA? Like special power brick, a/c cords... i see on eBay some ppl selling a/v converters.

Also, would it be best to get one over the other, like Region Free for all games regardless of version?

There isn't any LEGAL region free xbox 360's. You don't need a power converter or any other different cables to hook up a Japanese console here in the good 'ole USA. I'm pretty sure you do need power converters for all other models but thats it. HDMI is an HDMI everywhere

dillon
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Hello,

You cannot use the PAL brick on the console, you have to use an American one, also you need either HDMI or a component cable that will make it HD or the screen will be in black and white and unplayable. If you don't have a HDMI cord of component cable you will NOT be able to play on the PAL console.