PDA

View Full Version : NTSC-J console and how achievements work

Wolfgg
04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey everybody, i've been hearing people say that they have two different 360s one being NTSC and the other being NTSC-J, but my question is how the imported games on the NTSC-J console and achievements earned on that console add to what you have completed on your american console. Is it as simple as just using the harddrive of your american console where your gamertag info is stored on the other console and points are added that way, or is it more involved than that. Thanks for the help guys.

Sly Toad
04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Achievements aren't stored on the console, they are stored on the profile. Indeed all you have to do is switch your hdd or mu onto the NTSC/J 360 and select your profile and game like you usually do.

Wolfgg
04-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Achievements aren't stored on the console, they are stored on the profile. Indeed all you have to do is switch your hdd or mu onto the NTSC/J 360 and select your profile and game like you usually do.

thank you for the prompt answer, but I got off the phone with microsoft and after speaking with a very friendly customer service rep who viewed Link this post (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124009&highlight=ntscj) Link with me, and him researching for extended periods, he stated that this could be considered an exploit, and my question is new to him. He went on to say that it should work but he would want to contact the "Escalation Department" at MS to verify, he said their phones were experiencing issues and he couldnt reach anyone from that department, I asked if this was against the terms of use and he said "At this time I dont beleive their is anything in the TOS that prohibit this but it is a possibility that engaging in this activity could result in a suspension and gamerscore reset" . He gave me the number to contact the xbox escalation dept to call back in a couple of hours but before paying the import cost from play-asia im gonna want to know for sure that microsoft isnt gonna one day decide doing this and "Stacking" achievements from the same game even if its a different region is some sort of exploit that would result in action they take against game savers.

spyder2g
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
thank you for the prompt answer, but I got off the phone with microsoft and after speaking with a very friendly customer service rep who viewed Link this post (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124009&highlight=ntscj) Link with me, and him researching for extended periods, he stated that this could be considered an exploit, and my question is new to him. He went on to say that it should work but he would want to contact the "Escalation Department" at MS to verify, he said their phones were experiencing issues and he couldnt reach anyone from that department, I asked if this was against the terms of use and he said "At this time I dont beleive their is anything in the TOS that prohibit this but it is a possibility that engaging in this activity could result in a suspension and gamerscore reset" . He gave me the number to contact the xbox escalation dept to call back in a couple of hours but before paying the import cost from play-asia im gonna want to know for sure that microsoft isnt gonna one day decide doing this and "Stacking" achievements from the same game even if its a different region is some sort of exploit that would result in action they take against game savers.

I'm pretty sure that Stallion83 does this and they haven't reset him. He was even in their gamer spotlight a few weeks ago and it said "say hello to honest gamer..." I'm positive that they won't reset but I can let you know for sure pretty soon as my order of a Japanese console is set to ship on or before 5/3 :woop: Idolm@ster here I come !!

SSJ3
04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
There's also a few members who I have seen on here with them games and they haven't been reset. I wouldn't worry about it.

Minty
04-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Stackable games are perfectly legitimate. They aren't a glitch or an exploit, they're just people owning multiple consoles.

Wolfgg
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Stackable games are perfectly legitimate. They aren't a glitch or an exploit, they're just people owning multiple consoles.

thats what I thought, but according to him as I waited on hold he consulted the highest level of customer support available at their office and they referred to it as an "exploit". in his description it was just a question of wether or not they would take action against anyone doing it.

SSJ3
04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
thats what I thought, but according to him as I waited on hold he consulted the highest level of customer support available at their office and they referred to it as an "exploit". in his description it was just a question of wether or not they would take action against anyone doing it.

I think he just doesn't recommend you doing it, like boosting Microsoft aren't saying go on a game and boost some achievements. But it's allowed.

Micrll
04-27-2010, 08:22 AM
I don't know the full answer to this but I think its ok. I would assume Microsoft would not 'support' it since generally they don't 'like' people playing games out of their region. Hence why almost all games say on it 'For sale / Use only in Japan' (or whatever country they originally came out in).

slapshakle
04-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I would assume Microsoft would not 'support' it since generally they don't 'like' people playing games out of their region.

Buying 2+ copies of the same game makes MS money, I think it's safe to say they like that ;)

Micrll
04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Ya, though I think its the publishers and the local development groups that want the locks. There is no real reason for MS (or any other hardware company) to block me from buying Japanese games like Idolm@ster or any other game, a sale is a sale to them.

A lot of times region coding is done by the publishers to sell games at different regions at different prices, and hence they want a lockout system. Officially MS may have to say that they support the lock but I doubt they care.

ferrara316
04-28-2010, 03:31 AM
its clear to say that the customer service rep you spoke to is a noob! lol

Sorry i mean he just started on Monday...

spyder2g
04-28-2010, 01:04 PM
I really hope that they don't reset/banhammer you for having J-Box achieves. Cause now I got a few:woop:

R43LM4D21D
04-28-2010, 01:07 PM
i can't believe you rang microsoft about this

Hitchman
04-28-2010, 04:05 PM
i can't believe you rang microsoft about this

I also read that paragraph with a dumbfounded look on my face. i guess you were trying to get some answers, but since you are member of a site that has no less than 100 people who use multiple consoles, you may have just waited for an answer.

(all being typed as i wait for my NTSC-J console to arrive from Play-Asia)