PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream....

DUBBLEUP
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
...that I bought a ps3 and messaged all my xbox live friends to tell them I'm leaving the xbox community because I want to start enjoying games without worrying about collectible achievements!!!

Assassin's Creed is doing this to me! What a waste of energy collectible achvs are. This is precious time from my life I'm wasting here. I probably spend more time looking at my computer screen, then tv, pc, tv, pc, tv, pc, tv, pc...than I do playing and enjoying a damn game. I can't stand collectible guides any longer! Please make this stop.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
04-21-2010, 05:39 PM
You hate the collectible guides ? then do it without a guide :p

Steve50013
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
PS3 has trophies their equivalent of achievements...

WITH.... BUM BUM BUM collectible trophies too!

Lord Yamikage
04-21-2010, 05:43 PM
[....]
Assassin's Creed is doing this to me! What a waste of energy collectible achvs are. This is precious time from my life I'm wasting here. I probably spend more time looking at my computer screen, then tv, pc, tv, pc, tv, pc, tv, pc...than I do playing and enjoying a damn game. I can't stand collectible guides any longer! Please make this stop.

Why don't you just play the game, and forget about the achievement? If you believe that you're wasting your life going around doing attempting to get achievement(s) that you don't agree, then just enjoy the game. I don't know if you're achievement hunter, but if you're not, you don't have any obligation to get achievement(s) that you don't want to spend your time on. If you are an achievements hunter, you shouldn't complain. That's just what I think.

DUBBLEUP
04-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Could you imagine how long it would take for somebody to find all the flags in Assassin's Creed without a guide? Crap! Never would I try such a foolish task. Hell, I used a guide and I still have 99/100 in the Kingdom LOL!

Lord Yamikage
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Could you imagine how long it would take for somebody to find all the flags in Assassin's Creed without a guide? Crap! Never would I try such a foolish task. Hell, I used a guide and I still have 99/100 in the Kingdom LOL!

Be happy that it's not a miss able achievement. Those are some of the worst nightmare for Achievements Hunter.

DUBBLEUP
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Lord I wish I could! I'm hooked. Like meth, like sex, i'm hooked! I've been dreaming about ps3's because I really want to start clean slate....BUT I CANT DO IT! I'M AN ADDICT! LMAO

captain host
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
PS3 has trophies their equivalent of achievements...

WITH.... BUM BUM BUM collectible trophies too! i was going to say the exact same thing`:P

Bleeding Star
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
...that I bought a ps3 and messaged all my xbox live friends to tell them I'm leaving the xbox community because I want to start enjoying games without worrying about collectible achievements!!!

You're an idiot if you can't forget a game has achievements and just play it

DUBBLEUP
04-21-2010, 06:16 PM
You're an idiot if you can't forget a game has achievements and just play it

This guy...haha

Edit: I need more Bleeding Star's in my life. I need people to keep telling me how much of an idot I am! Keep 'em coming! I'm waiting for something in my brain to click...

True I Skill
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
This guy...haha

Edit: I need more Bleeding Star's in my life. I need people to keep telling me how much of an idot I am! Keep 'em coming! I'm waiting for something in my brain to click...

Your an idot.

Anyway I have both, and i just cant find PS3 more enjoyable than Xbox360, Only very few games i enjoy on it, The graphics are great on most games, But graphics dont make me enjoy games much. MGS4 and Burnout Paradise are probably the Only multiplayer games i enjoy on the PS3, But burnout is also on 360, And MGS4 Sort of gave me all the reward points i needed to buy stuff, They just gave them away randomly, so i had no reason to play it for reward points after they gave me like 20,000 for no reason -.-

You will soon have a nightmare and it will show you the truth... How bad the PS3 really is. The only thing that saves it is its very few Fun exclusive games.

Future13579
04-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Who actually bothers to collect all of the flags and other collectibles though

Seraph Xii
04-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Collectible achievements are what's stopping me doing the easy 1K's, I've got Kung fu panda, night at the museum, superman, lego batman etc... all just sitting here that I just can't be arsed with.

Bleeding Star
04-21-2010, 06:55 PM
This guy...haha

well you just said you hate collectibles yet you will sit there and go through it doing it anyway, then you complain you don't enjoy it.... well don't do it then

Kairi
04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Thats not a dream- thats more like a nightmare xD and you know the PS trophies are the same as achievements right?

Try taking a break from the game. Good luck to your goal on getting that achievement. At least when you get it you will never have to do it again.

sak7395
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
dont play for achievements take that disc out and put in bad company 2 and have a bit of fun

CaptainSpanner
04-21-2010, 09:44 PM
If they bother you that much, why bother. You dont have to have 100% in a game to mean you enjoyed it. If you are bothered about gamerscore, why not just play games for fun, you normally end up with about 500G per game just for the single player campaign.

DUBBLEUP
04-22-2010, 05:41 AM
You guys are f'n great. I'm really starting to see light at the end of this dark tunnel. I'm really too old for this crap.

I remember when I first started playing games for the achievements on the Xbox. I thought all those collectible achievements were so childish and took absolutely ZERO skill. I wouldn't even bother because it's nothing to brag about. It was more something to be embarrassed over. Then came along TrueAchievements.com....oh boy, here we go. That's when I became infatuated with my completion %. I started replaying these HORRIBLE games just to raise my % up. That included getting all those collectibles that I originally skipped over.

I'M PUTTING MY FOOT DOWN NOW. NO MORE COLLECTIBLES!

Whew...there, i said it.
Now taking action is going to be the hard part.
Dear god help me
I don't think I can do it.
NO!
Already having second thoughts.
Am I going to be this way forever?
Will it ever end?
Hi, my name is Travis and I'm an Achievement Addict.

DUBBLEUP
04-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Oh and btw I am aware that trophies are the ps3's achievements. It's my high gamerscore that's pulling me in for more. I would need to start on a new system with 0 trophies in order for me to escape this demon that has grabbed a hold of me. I could start a whole new account on the 360, but I would still be constantly reminded of achievements. Every time I hear that "bloop" my brain would go back into addiction mode lol

Xavygravy
04-22-2010, 07:07 AM
I completely agree. But you don't have to buy a PS3 to stop it. You just ignore the achievements and play for fun, given that's what games are about (although for me, achievements ARE fun in a strange addictive kind of way)

Volzagia
04-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Thats not a dream- thats more like a nightmare xD and you know the PS trophies are the same as achievements right?

Damn you i was gonna say that :p

benatheos
04-22-2010, 04:50 PM
signed :whs

Q ipoddy Q
04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeah PS3's have collectible trophies too... =/

and you know achievements are voluntary not compulsory, you don't have to do them

jasonisco0l
04-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah dude assassins creed one without a guide and even with one is a pain.

Iv AJay vI
04-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Who actually bothers to collect all of the flags and other collectibles though

People who care about maxing games out??

ApochWeiss
04-23-2010, 04:46 AM
I played Assassin's Creed 1 for a little bit, didn't like it that much. HOWEVER, if I remember correctly you can just go back after you complete a certain stage. Am I correct? If so, just complete the stage normally then go back for the flags. This was the method I used in Brutal Legend to keep it fresh. Luckily that game had guides on youtube and maps that marked locations so I marked which ones I got.

ONLY reason I didn't finish, the fiancee got mad at me while I was at work for some reasons he doesn't even know and wiped my hard drive. I was 1 dragon short and was grabbing it when I got home, not I have to find EVERY damn dragon location again to find the ONE I'm missing cause she deleted the damned maps.

And by the way, don't worry about dreams like that. I've suffered worse. I dreamed that I was stuck in the world of Lucidity (XBLA game) was yelling at the girl in there for being a total dumb ass. It happened a lot while I worked to 200G on that. I also had a dream the fireflies attacked me. Wasn't fun to say the least, I apparently cracked the fiancee in the head (arm fell on her head, back of hand) while I was apparently swatting them away while I slept haha.

Xylon Uxkid
04-23-2010, 05:08 AM
But but achievements are fun!! But really dude, if you hate that kind of achievement then dont do them. I also was playing Assassins Creed (got 100% a few hours ago) and I was bored of looking the PC, but at the end I was like woohoo!

DUBBLEUP
04-23-2010, 06:19 AM
I woke up today feeling good. I decided last night that I wasn't ever going to collect a stupid flag, pigeon, coin, you name it, ever again! God it feels so damn good to say that! What a relief! I'm kissing my completion % good bye. It's just not worth the hassle. I'm so behind in games now! I'm still playing Too Human for christ sake! There are too many good games and good times to be had than worrying about finding some worthless collectible.

Beating Call of Duty on Veteran = rewarding.
Finding all 500 flags in Assassin's Creed = ashamed.
Finding all but one of those flags in Assassin's Creed = suicidal.

It's not worth it people! Quit now before it's too late.

Now look at me, I'm finally FREE!

Thanks for your input everyone! You have just saved a life. I couldn't have done it without you. Much love.

Mr DDT
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I Hate collectibles Unless Like Hidden Packages GTA Vice City lol