PDA

View Full Version : endless play?

vodo316
04-22-2010, 01:05 AM
quick question. i notice alot of guides say stop main quest at a certain point to finish other stuff. Does this mean that once you do the main story you cant continue the game and explore all the locations and do other stuff like DLC? as i have all dlc but one of them hasnt given me a quest yet i think sumone mentiond it starts after the main story is done.

DOOKH8R
04-22-2010, 01:07 AM
If you have Broken Steel installed, the game will continue. Prior to the Broken Steel DLC being released, the game ended after the final storyline quest.

vodo316
04-22-2010, 01:15 AM
ok cheers means i can possibly leave a few achivements tilla bit later then like uncover 100 locations unless i do that just wandering around

MigrantAleXx
04-22-2010, 06:01 AM
That Achivments easy if u have the Explore perk witch shows all undiscovered locations on the map

McGoogles
04-22-2010, 06:14 AM
That Achivments easy if u have the Explore perk witch shows all undiscovered locations on the map

True, but you can only get that perk once you have reached level 20. Which is the final perk to get if you don't have the DLC.

WogMatt26
04-22-2010, 10:28 AM
dude when you get up to the last mission in the storyline
do not enter the purifier (the purifier room) because you can't leave
get broken steel then finish it off
or else you will have to load up a save or new game

fatdaddy21
04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
True, but you can only get that perk once you have reached level 20. Which is the final perk to get if you don't have the DLC.
Grim Reaper's Sprint. My 'sniper' will take out a field of Super Mutants using only VATS on Very Hard.

Pogo27
04-30-2010, 06:42 AM
If you're trying to get all of the achievements, you'll get the 100 locations explored simply by virtue of completing all the main and side quests and DLC. One of the quests for Point Lookout is to discover all the locations, and there are 29 of them in Point Lookout alone.

It's a wasted perk, really...just spend an hour or two chasing down the unexplored locations...you don't need the perk to put all the points on your map for you...

sk83rty
04-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Thats nice to know that the DLC makes the game not end. I'm picking this game up soon, and I've played the beginning of it, but I hadn't gotten far. I remember some of my friends complaining when the game first came out about it ending that way and you not being abl to use your character anymore. This game is only $20 at the store right now and for such quality, I can't resist.

Pogo27
04-30-2010, 05:36 PM
I'd suggest comparing the price of the GOTY edition that includes all 5 DLCs on the second disc to the regular edition plus the price of downloading the DLC. I'm not sure what the DLCs each cost, but it may potentially be cheaper to simply buy the GOTY edition.

And regardless of what you pay for Fallout 3, it's definitely well worth it.