PDA

View Full Version : Please help if you can!

gmorra
04-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Okay, all I need is the Karma achievements up to level 20. What is the best way to do this? I already how to get both good and nuetral at the same time, I just want to know the quickest way to level up to 20. Will I need to do all side missions all over again?:confused:

gmorra
04-23-2010, 03:47 PM
I just want to say thanks to everyone for your help and support. This community just keeps getting better and better!:drunk

esio gk
04-24-2010, 08:35 PM
There is no way of leveling up fast. Your best hope is going to places like Deathclaw sanctuary or Yao Guai Den. Doing main story missions also gives fair amount of xp. There used to be Mister Sandman perk glitch, but it was patched. I've heard about glitch involving frag mines, but I don't know the details - you'll have search for phrase 'mine glitch' or something like that.

Edit: Don't forget, that playing on higher difficulty level gives you more xp. I think playing on hardest setting gives you 2 times more xp than on easiest difficulty.

roulex
04-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I know the Buttercup glitch still works, but that's only 5xp a go, so it's prob. quicker to just rush through quests for the xp. The Scrap Metal glitch is a better bet, but I'm not 100% sure it still works. Here's how you pull that off (snagged from the talk page at the Fallout 3 Wiki (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Scrap_Metal))

---

It is possible to freeze your current amount of scrap metal through Protector Casdin (confirmed on 360 & PS3). This method can be done directly after leaving Vault 101. Saving after each step is highly suggested:
First, an even number of scrap metal is needed. 16 is a recommended quantity.
Give Casdin all scrap metal in your inventory. This batch is the X Value. Note! This value must be an even number (10, 12, 14 etc).
Steal back the X Value scrap metal you gave Casdin.
Give back all scrap metal except 2 for the best possible profit. This batch is the Y Value.
Steal back the Y Value scrap metal from Casdin.
Now, attempt to steal anything from Casdin. If you do not get caught, reload the save and try again until he does catch you. Casdin will then proceed to take back his scrap metal, but will steal back both the X Value and the Y Value. For example, if you gave him 16 scrap metal, stole them back and then gave him 14 scrap metal, it will say that he removes 14 scrap metal and then 16 scrap metal.
This will glitch your scrap metal value so that you have a Z Value which is negative. It will appear as if you have no scrap metal at all in the inventory, but when you speak with Casdin, Winthrop or Walter you will still have the option of giving them scrap metal.
Following the example above, if you first gave him 16 scrap metal, stole them back and then gave him 14, you will have 14 invisible scrap metal in your inventory that can be given away to Walter, Casdin and Winthrop. Most importantly, this amount of invisible scrap metal is permanent, meaning it can be given away infinite times, as long as you do not pick up any additional scrap metal (which will reset the negative value back to normal).
Used early in the game with Walter, this glitch can launch a level 2 character to max level very quickly, netting over a hundred thousand caps in the process, depending on if you ask for payment for the scrap metal.
This glitch may not work for some players. At the final step, stealing one of Casdin's other items, for some users it will just cause him to attack the player and not take back any of the items. There is currently no known way to get around this, but it is known that starting a new character and performing the glitch straight out of Vault 101 will work.

gmorra
04-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks a lot guys! It is good to know that there is still at least a couple good people here!:drunk

Pogo27
04-30-2010, 06:28 AM
I don't know whether this glitch still works or not, however, for the sake of getting a large amount of XP all at once, instead of turning in all the scrap metal (or pre-war books, or whatever turn-in-for-xp item) to whoever as you play through, you could stash them in your house as you go along, and then as you hit one of these check point levels, turn them all in for a huge bit of XP, then reload, realign, repeat, etc.

Myself, I intend on completing all but the last step of a quest and have that ready to turn in for a nice XP boost.