PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!

Fixelbucket
04-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm somewhat new in the sense that I've been using the site for some time now. The part with the guides and roadmaps and what-not. I stumbled upon the site after a google when I first decided to hunt achievements. And what can I say? This site rocks!

I didn't "notice" the forum up until 2 weeks ago though :biglaugh
Just wanted to make my presence known.

So info on me:

I'm a guy from Sweden about 30 years old (Stopped counting so it could be somewhere between 27 and 31). Currently a student since I'm one of those dropouts due to some partying and never realizing that it's a good thing to have an education.
When I'm not in school or hunting achievements I'm producing some music as a semi-hobby.

I focus on all single-player achievements. To explain this weird phenomenon I'll play out a small dialogue:

Friend or other: "So, would you like to log on and go a match in DOA 4 maybe?"
Me: "I'll get back to you on that one when I'm ready to get my a** handed to me in a plastic jar"

To put it mildly I like having fun playing and I simply lack the skill to play online :)

Looks like this post got rather long so I'll stop there. Happy hunting!

RuYi
04-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Hey, welcome to x360a! :)

Totally agree with you about avoiding multiplayers, some people are just insanely good at them, and I tend not to take the risk of having to play against them (and losing big time).

So what (singleplayer) games are you playing lately?

Fixelbucket
04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Thank you :)

Well at the moment I'm playing FIFA 07 which is actually quite good.
Before that I just finished Fallout 3 (except for the DLC:s), DOA 4 (except for Survival mode) and Eternal Sonata... So a wide range of genres :)

Oh and ofc I played through the story party of Final Fantasy XIII :)

DOA 4 was actually the game that put me off multi-player since I considered myself a decent enough player but when I got online it was just murder. They tore me a lot of new ones...

RuYi
04-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Thank you :)

Well at the moment I'm playing FIFA 07 which is actually quite good.
Before that I just finished Fallout 3 (except for the DLC:s), DOA 4 (except for Survival mode) and Eternal Sonata... So a wide range of genres :)

Oh and ofc I played through the story party of Final Fantasy XIII :)

DOA 4 was actually the game that put me off multi-player since I considered myself a decent enough player but when I got online it was just murder. They tore me a lot of new ones...
You do like a lot of different games, that's a good thing. :) Any upcoming games on your wishlist?

I don't even want to try playing a fighter game, I am so bad at them lol.
What did you think of FFXIII? I love the graphics and story so far, but the game is so linear.

Fixelbucket
04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
You do like a lot of different games, that's a good thing. :) Any upcoming games on your wishlist?

I don't even want to try playing a fighter game, I am so bad at them lol.
What did you think of FFXIII? I love the graphics and story so far, but the game is so linear.

I'm willing to try every genre and make the most of it. Although there are genres that appeal to me less than others. Shooters for example are really not my cup of tea (even if I own and play a few). RPGs are my favourites.

I loved FF XIII. Every element in that game is awesome. I can see why the linear gameplay is somewhat strange if you consider the old FF games. And at times that bugged me too but overall it's just an awesome game.