PDA

View Full Version : Glitch With Rep/Stars?

SSJ3
04-22-2010, 05:15 PM
OK so I made my account in September of last year, and I've played a lot of Online games but yet my stars are still on 4 and a half. I have friends who don't play as much as me and they are on 5 stars.

Is this some sort of glitch?

bapae
04-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Maybe a group of people submitted bad rep on your tag and screwed it up i know a couple of people this happened to.

Ackis
04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
You're currently at 19/20 rep (I checked on TA for the exact number).

I'm at the same spot as you. My feedback is 90% good, there were a few morons that posted negatives, and I'm not sure why.

xtye
04-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I think it also factors in on what kind of feedback others leave on you. Not sure though.

balance13
04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I have 5 stars and I am about 60 positive and 40 negative reps

Ackis
04-22-2010, 10:34 PM
I think it also factors in on what kind of feedback others leave on you. Not sure though.

I don't have exact numbers, but I'm around 90% positive.

sak7395
04-22-2010, 10:38 PM
i am hated but i dont care

BoBoMaster13
04-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Sometimes I submit a bad review and they go up to five stars, the whole system is messed up.

R Rated Love
04-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah, the system means little to nothing. I have 5 stars, and my positive/negative is 57/43. (Apparently I'm too "Unsporting" :) )

marKot1k
04-23-2010, 01:10 AM
I only just started properly online gaming a week or so ago - I stay way out in the sticks now (that means in the country, to you yanks ;) ) broadband has only just reached my (extremely secluded) house - many years after the rest of the world LOL.

Anyway - even though I've been playing HEAPS online this past 2 weeks - at least 30 races and mebbe about 8 hours total of playing other online games , my rep has barely got up a smidgin :( :(

When I looked at wot folk had said bout me, it said only 4 people had given me rep - 3 good, 1 "unsporting" when I beat a bad loser on the last corner of the last lap in a race.

But thats only 4 folk - out of everyone Ive spoken to online - far more than 4 anyway, My Reputation stars have gone up by what appears to a tenth of a single star.

If people just dont bother giving out and posting good rep reviews, how will I EVER get up to 5 stars - like everyone on this site.

I dont know what else to do - I leave good reports about others all the time if I raced with them - and aslong as they weren't being a total twat-shite online, I thought I would get it in return.

But no.

So why not :(

Please help - its the one thing REALLY annoying my new online gaming experience

R Rated Love
04-23-2010, 01:38 AM
I only just started properly online gaming a week or so ago - I stay way out in the sticks now (that means in the country, to you yanks ;) ) broadband has only just reached my (extremely secluded) house - many years after the rest of the world LOL.

Anyway - even though I've been playing HEAPS online this past 2 weeks - at least 30 races and mebbe about 8 hours total of playing other online games , my rep has barely got up a smidgin :( :(

When I looked at wot folk had said bout me, it said only 4 people had given me rep - 3 good, 1 "unsporting" when I beat a bad loser on the last corner of the last lap in a race.

But thats only 4 folk - out of everyone Ive spoken to online - far more than 4 anyway, My Reputation stars have gone up by what appears to a tenth of a single star.

If people just dont bother giving out and posting good rep reviews, how will I EVER get up to 5 stars - like everyone on this site.

I dont know what else to do - I leave good reports about others all the time if I raced with them - and aslong as they weren't being a total twat-shite online, I thought I would get it in return.

But no.

Just give it time. Very few people actually rate people they play against. If you want to inflate it, get your friends to leave positive reviews. Certainly don't let it be the one thing that annoys you about online gaming. Nobody is going to think less of you because you don't have 5 stars.

ogbross
04-23-2010, 01:41 AM
I have 5 stars and am almost 100% negative review.

DOOKH8R
04-23-2010, 01:44 AM
The feedback system is absolutely pointless and broken. I was at about 60 preffered/ 40 avoided 2 weeks ago. Now after playing Japanese Gaers of War 2, it has been diminished to 40 preffered/ 60 avoided. Main reason I am getting for the negative feedback is trashtalking. Now here is the kicker, in two weeks on Japanese Gears 2, I have never once worn my mic (as I don't speak Japanese). So I guess I am telepathically trashtalking.

megamangaea
04-23-2010, 03:43 AM

I'm at the same spot as you. My feedback is 90% good, there were a few morons that posted negatives, and I'm not sure why.

What's TA?

KillerBEA
04-23-2010, 03:51 AM
What's TA?
I believe he means trueachievements.com

StolenPaper18
04-23-2010, 03:56 AM
:whs

I talk too much shit to little kids/girls when I play online. My gf wont let me use my mic anymore :( She also took my balls away.

Iv AJay vI
04-23-2010, 04:00 AM
Lmao 87% avoided

I M1K3Y B I
04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
When i first joined Live, one of mates gave me a good review and i instantly got 5 stars :woop:

So the whole system is screwed, i used to care about what reviews i got from people, but you can't stop people giving you negative for no reason :(

Mr DDT
04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
They should Take Zone and Rep of your Profile cause no one gives a fuck

Superbad325
04-23-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm 5 stars too and I'm around 87% Negative reviews.

I do have a buddy who plays TONS of online games on XBL almost every day. He's still at 3.5 stars for some reason.

The whole "rep" system really is messed. Good thing it's meaningless, just like most sex these days.
*sigh*

spyder2g
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM

But no.

Easiest way to remedy this is to make other profiles and give your main profile the happy face prefer player deal. Repeat until you are at 5 stars. It does feel a bit dirty, but hey it works. Then just delete all the profiles you aren't using.

R Rated Love
04-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Good thing it's meaningless, just like most sex these days.

Is there a back story to this?

Infection Ftw
04-23-2010, 05:47 PM

Join the club. With over 9000 matched played in Halo 2 and also over 9000 in Halo 3 aside some CoD and BFBC2 online people gave me enough negative feedback. I am probably close to 100% negative too but people only do this if you either played as a jerk, if you were better in the game, if you disconnected or when they had lag. The other % left are from either positive or based on no feedback about someone. No-one bothers to give prefer player aside from some boosting for a few players. So it doesn't mean anything at all.

Aceman417
04-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Lol, I am massively negative and still at 5 stars. The rep system is stupid. I also love to trashtalk when I am in parties with friends and love to quit early when I hate people that quit because they are losing. Tough world I guess...

andami
04-24-2010, 02:37 AM
Very flawed system. I'm at 75% avoided, a majority of that for trash talking, yet I never use a mic, ever. The other percent is for leaving early.

domn8rdom
04-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Ya i made a 2nd account and you start off with 3 & 1/2 stars and my friend gave me bad feedback and i went to 5 stars haha pretty pointless

Im 83% avoided and 46% Unsporting!!! i never glitch or anything. must be from all the boosters i hunt down haha

marKot1k
04-25-2010, 03:43 AM
LOL wow I see what you mean about flawed - so yesterday I was moaning about being stuck on 3 stars, today, a couple of my friends added me as preferred - and its jumped straight up to 5 stars already.

WTF... thats not really representing my reputation, is i?.

Oh well, I LOL :)

Sampson
04-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Mine is 57% preferred for some reason. I haven't done anything wrong.

R Rated Love
04-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Mine is 57% preferred for some reason. I haven't done anything wrong.

43% of people would beg to differ.

Infection Ftw
04-25-2010, 10:20 PM
89% avoided me and the other 11% doesn't know me yet:p

RadiantViper
04-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Very flawed system. I'm at 75% avoided, a majority of that for trash talking, yet I never use a mic, ever. The other percent is for leaving early.

Same. It's an incredibly useless system.

ALIENWAR3
04-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Ignore your rep mate, alot of people are just out to be idiots, i've got 75% avoided and 25% did not submit or liked you, always because i either own, or new to a game, i usually go into private chat or party chat, so i don't know how i get negative feedback for diruptive but hey, *GIVE* :)

TakahashiDemon
04-26-2010, 10:46 AM

How you check TA for this? Only one I see is the feedback thing and I would like to know as well as I've played online fighting games for a while and other kind of online games but rep still isn't 5 stars :( (friend of mines only joined for short while and got boosted right up to 5 star really quickly).

mhkerr
04-26-2010, 11:26 AM
means nothing i'm about 80% avoided (playing too much halo) and 5 stars. If it means that much to you, just set up a load of silver accounts, accept friend requests from them and then have them give you good feedback. Probably a load of hassale for something of no real use

True I Skill
04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
The rep System is pretty useless. Unless your desprate to know what people think about you, It doesnt really do much.

I got new high score with my rep. 91% Avoided :D

Ackis
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
How you check TA for this? Only one I see is the feedback thing and I would like to know as well as I've played online fighting games for a while and other kind of online games but rep still isn't 5 stars :( (friend of mines only joined for short while and got boosted right up to 5 star really quickly).

Just hover over your stars on TA, it'll say Reputation: XX

In my case, it's Reputation: 19

SSJ3
04-27-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't care about my Rep, I just want 5 Stars :P

Infection Ftw
04-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Just hover over your stars on TA, it'll say Reputation: XX

In my case, it's Reputation: 19

Heh 20 with 89% avoiding me.

TakahashiDemon
04-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I got 19 too, with 25% avoiding me because I seem to be unsporting.

Giptuc
04-27-2010, 11:46 PM
the rep system is complete fail. Im at 5 stars and according to the stats on my xbox im like 61% negative lol.

edit: and on TA my thing is 20