PDA

View Full Version : Beta free for avid xb original players?

Crakka Rob
04-23-2010, 02:03 AM
i mite be wrongg but i remember when they discountinued xbox live V1 and gave ppl 400 ms points did they also give access to the beta? i thought thats wat i remember but i may be mistaken. unfortunately, i sold my copy of odst shortly after the game came out

SuperNova X2X
04-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Not as far as I know. Only way to get it is through the ODST disc and I haven't heard about any other way of getting it.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-23-2010, 02:18 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4552--Avid--Halo-2-Players-Rewarded-In-Anticipation-of-Original-Xbox-Live-Shutdown.html

heres the news from the front page, and in it it says

"In an e-mail that seems to be doing the rounds today, those "avid" Halo 2 players will be getting 400 Microsoft points, three months of Xbox Live and a ticket on to the Halo: Reach beta this coming May 3rd."

SuperNova X2X
04-23-2010, 02:20 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4552--Avid--Halo-2-Players-Rewarded-In-Anticipation-of-Original-Xbox-Live-Shutdown.html

heres the news from the front page, and in it it says

"In an e-mail that seems to be doing the rounds today, those "avid" Halo 2 players will be getting 400 Microsoft points, three months of Xbox Live and a ticket on to the Halo: Reach beta this coming May 3rd."
Goes to show how much attention I pay then! :p

AmyGrrl
04-29-2010, 05:43 AM
I got this e-mail as well... but wanted to know more about it... like do we get into the beta early... or do we have to wait until May 3rd like everyone else... does this mean we don't need the ODST disc to download the beta...

From what I have read they are giving out early preview codes to people tomorrow (in contests), but they still need the ODST Disc to download it (posted on a Twitter Account) ... so I see 2 possible options if this is true... (1) Those who got the e-mail get a code tomorrow to get in early to the beta but still need the ODST Disc to Download it..... (2) We all have to wait until May 3rd and the code we get allows us to Download the Beta without needing the ODST Disc.

I guess we will find out tomorrow...

balance13
04-29-2010, 06:17 AM
Pretty sure everybody gets its may 3rd, whether you are an "avid" H2 player or not lol

Hot Juicy Pie
04-29-2010, 06:18 AM
Pretty sure everybody gets its may 3rd, whether you are an "avid" H2 player or not lol The codes being given away tomorrow in the contests work the moment you get them.

balance13
04-29-2010, 06:25 AM
The codes being given away tomorrow in the contests work the moment you get them.

Not gonna lie, I was a little tipsy and didn't feel like reading the other posts lol. But now that you say that how do I get one of these early codes? Do i have to be an "avid player".

PS: I don't feel like reading the other posts.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Not gonna lie, I was a little tipsy and didn't feel like reading the other posts lol. But now that you say that how do I get one of these early codes? Do i have to be an "avid player".

PS: I don't feel like reading the other posts. Nah the early codes are completely separate from the H2 benefits. You gotta subscribe to IGN's twitter and facebook, and there was another site doing it as well. But that's pretty much it... Follow them and have a chance to win.

The Lovat Scout
04-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Nah the early codes are completely separate from the H2 benefits. You gotta subscribe to IGN's twitter and facebook, and there was another site doing it as well. But that's pretty much it... Follow them and have a chance to win.

You can also subsribe to Halo: Waypoints Faqcebook and Twitter via SMS. They are sending out codes every day from 4/29 - 5/2. Every day, they send out 5 codes to EVERYONE via tweet/status update. The code will be the normal 25 character code. But somewhere in it will be a "?" you have to hurry and find out what the missing character is that replaces the "?". If you get it right, you'll know because its a one time use.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-29-2010, 02:36 PM
You can also subsribe to Halo: Waypoints Faqcebook and Twitter via SMS. They are sending out codes every day from 4/29 - 5/2. Every day, they send out 5 codes to EVERYONE via tweet/status update. The code will be the normal 25 character code. But somewhere in it will be a "?" you have to hurry and find out what the missing character is that replaces the "?". If you get it right, you'll know because its a one time use.
Well that's 3 then... It's IGN, GamePro, and waypoint giving codes out

The Lovat Scout
04-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Damn! Nice, I didn't know Gamepro and IGN were too. I think I'll just stick with Waypoint. I really don't mind if I DO get early access to the Beta since I have work all the days before May 3rd so I can bank up since I'll be off the next 4 days :p lol

balance13
04-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Damn! Nice, I didn't know Gamepro and IGN were too. I think I'll just stick with Waypoint. I really don't mind if I DO get early access to the Beta since I have work all the days before May 3rd so I can bank up since I'll be off the next 4 days :p lol

I would love to get early access if I could. I won't be able to play my xbox at all after tomorrow and still want to test out this MP somehow.

The Lovat Scout
04-29-2010, 03:06 PM
I would love to get early access if I could. I won't be able to play my xbox at all after tomorrow and still want to test out this MP somehow.
What!? Why can't you play after tomorrow?

balance13
04-29-2010, 03:13 PM
What!? Why can't you play after tomorrow?

Ha I have basic training all summer in St. Jean Quebec.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I signed up for all 3, ign and gamepro are just straight up giving away codes to random followers, so its more win win for me since I work this weekend and SMS on my phone is slow it seems

Joker0fLife
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM

Do you know if all 3 do the same method? I just became a fan of IGN on Facebook, and am now following them on twitter.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Jesus Christ... the Waypoint Facebook is a cesspool of crying emo bitch kids who think it's entirely necessary to flood the page with arguments and false claims of who got the code... fuck that bullshit... Even if I got the code early I don't think I want to play with those kinds of people... I'd sell it on ebay and wait till I could play with my friends.

balance13
04-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Jesus Christ... the Waypoint Facebook is a cesspool of crying emo bitch kids who think it's entirely necessary to flood the page with arguments and false claims of who got the code... fuck that bullshit... Even if I got the code early I don't think I want to play with those kinds of people... I'd sell it on ebay and wait till I could play with my friends.

I agree, I would play since I really want to try the MP out but I have pretty much given up on winning a code.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
I agree, I would play since I really want to try the MP out but I have pretty much given up on winning a code. at least ign and gamepro are just tossing them out... none of this decipher the code shit.

US07
04-30-2010, 07:12 AM
I got them too and all I did was boot up Halo 2 XD

Kronos1982
05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Still waiting for my "invitation" they say I'd be getting via message. Anybody received theirs yet?

AmyGrrl
05-03-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm still waiting for my code to get e-mailed... I've been playing since Thursday anyways.... so in no hurry to get my code... I was going to give it to my brother.... I hope it comes soon...