PDA

View Full Version : Better than it looks!

LiquidAg
04-23-2010, 02:19 AM
I played the Trial version of this game, and I have to say that it actually plays better than it looks. The artwork is horrible. It looks like something a kid drew.
However, the gameplay is actually pretty good. I know that it's a Puzzle Quest clone (or rip-off, depending on your view), but I think it does enough in a different way to warrant a purchase.

I say all of this because I would like to know that there is at least ONE more person out there who will buy this game. If I know someone else out there has the game, then I'll get it for sure. There is only one online achievement, and I'd like to know that I can actually get all of the achievements before I purchase the game.
If you are thinking about purchasing it, and you'd be willing to trade for the online achievement (Win 15 Ranked Xbox Live Matches), please reply and let me know.

K4rn4ge
04-23-2010, 04:15 AM
I know not many people bought it yet but it really is better than it looks - you are right. I wouldn't call it a sleeper hit or anything original but it is a fun, deep, addicting game. I already boosted the 15 online wins with my friend MysticWeirdo but I am sure you will find someone else who bought it (I know that at LEAST 70+ people bought it according to mygamercard.net). Also, I can confirm that quitting out works for quick wins. Just have one player quit and it will count as a win for the other player! Super quick!

pedrosilva04
04-23-2010, 11:33 AM
i love the game its very good. I need help to do the xboxlive achivements

DethGrenade81
04-23-2010, 11:39 PM
I think its a really fun game. If you look at the who the game developer is you'll notice it is the same as both puzzle quest and galactrix just a different publisher. I really like how each game has similar qualities yet are different. right down to the game environment.

Brother Daz
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM
I'll be picking this up tonight, I'm game for boosting the online cheevo.

skiscaraudio
04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
i spent many hours playin this yesterday and can't wait to play again today.. (lil break from fps)
the art is like a saturday morning cartoon not like a fourth grader like i read before...i thought i downloaded the wrong game expecting scribble...it isn't great but it passes

LiquidAg
07-06-2010, 03:15 AM
...the art is like a saturday morning cartoon not like a fourth grader like i read before...i thought i downloaded the wrong game expecting scribble...it isn't great but it passes

I guess you're right. Most kids couldn't have drawn the artwork in this game, but when you're used to seeing more professional work (in games like Puzzle Quest, Galactrix, etc.), this game kinda pales in comparison. But it does get the job done. I'm getting used to it.

intoxicated662
09-13-2010, 06:49 PM
This game is now 400 ms points ($5) as it's part of the deal of the week and I actually liked it. Tried the demo and it's similar to puzzle quest games and others but it has it's own twist to it. It reminds me of a puzzle quest & prince of persia type of game mixed. Worth $5? Sure and it only has 1 online achievement which can be boosted on here so it's an instant purchase for me. Anyone else's thoughts on this game now that it's half price?

setsae
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM
i just picked it up as well , doesn't look too bad.

Dragon83uk
09-14-2010, 07:58 PM
I got it earlier. It's Ok but I'm having some real trouble getting my head round it. I'm stuck on one of the Iron Cobras (searching for a mechanism in some treasure). I get about half way through the match and then it shifts the blade to the left almost everytime I match some gems! It's making me lose interest pretty quickly.

izret101
09-20-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't demo games i just blow my money on them and then find out if they are good or not.

I wasn't too into this one at first so i just snagged the achievement for the tutorial round and moved onto something else.

I did however give this a second chance. I am enjoying game play but because of the voice acting i can't be bothered with listening to the story. Since i am not watching the video cutscenes i haven't bothered reading any of the other story either. So all i know is i am trying to rescue my tribe from Slavers and picking up some dead guys ring collection as i go.

Kid Vranic
09-20-2010, 09:30 PM
I bought it 2 days ago with the DotW and I love it.
Yes it is more or less a puzzle quest clone but that is the main reason I like it hehe.

Anyway, I am all up for boosting the online achievement if anyone wants/needs