PDA

View Full Version : Before you buy the Limited or Legendary Edition...

Asian Inferno
04-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Where is the Bonus disc featuring the Making of Reach, Media, Art, Featurettes, and Commentary? Isn't that essential to a Limited Edition? They had it for Halo 2 & 3. That's the only thing keeping me from going out and preordering it.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-23-2010, 06:07 AM
Where is the Bonus disc featuring the Making of Reach, Media, Art, Featurettes, and Commentary? Isn't that essential to a Limited Edition? They had it for Halo 2 & 3. That's the only thing keeping me from going out and preordering it.

could be on the main disc,

or maybe that ID card you get has a unique code to access the stuff online

or maybe its a given with LE and CE now...dont bother to mention

honestly I watch that stuff once, if at all...so its not important to me..the diary/art book thing is way cooler to me

Asian Inferno
04-23-2010, 06:31 AM
could be on the main disc,

or maybe that ID card you get has a unique code to access the stuff online

or maybe its a given with LE and CE now...dont bother to mention

honestly I watch that stuff once, if at all...so its not important to me..the diary/art book thing is way cooler to me
Even so, the Bonus disc could add a lot more value, through the manpower of making a documentary, featurettes, and compiling art assets they've released so far all into a interactive interface. $70 more (from Limited) for a statue and flaming armor does not seem justifiable to me.

ethanl2k7
04-25-2010, 03:14 PM
well, i really dont care about that stuff, but i want the flaming head.

Asian Inferno
04-26-2010, 04:35 AM
well, i really dont care about that stuff, but i want the flaming head.
You know I've never been a fan of Bungie armor. I was interested in Recon (Got it from ODST) but never the flaming helmet. I'm pretty sure it was because one of Bungie's quotes if I recall (For Halo 3) stated that the flame effects showed up even when they took camouflage, thus defeating the purpose of using the powerup. I don't know if they've fixed it for Reach...if they have then it's definitely an improvement.

The Lovat Scout
04-26-2010, 04:46 AM
flame effects showed up even when they took camouflage, thus defeating the purpose of using the powerup. I don't know if they've fixed it for Reach...if they have then it's definitely an improvement.

I actually made that point in one of my threads in this forum, and have been wondering this as well. I'm definitely a stealthy kind of player, so I'll be using Active Camo. If the flames are still visible it would be a pretty damn big disappointment, lol. Anyways, if you're interested in that I'm going to update my thread as soon as Bungie has confirmed it.

Asian Inferno
04-27-2010, 06:00 AM
I actually made that point in one of my threads in this forum, and have been wondering this as well. I'm definitely a stealthy kind of player, so I'll be using Active Camo. If the flames are still visible it would be a pretty damn big disappointment, lol. Anyways, if you're interested in that I'm going to update my thread as soon as Bungie has confirmed it.
Apparently they have confirmed that is does not show up with the camouflage on. It was confimed by a Bungie Employee on the Bungie Forums.
Source: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=43246370