PDA

View Full Version : South Park: Episode 201. Your thoughts on the actions taken?

ApochWeiss
04-23-2010, 07:42 AM
So, I slept through Wednesday night's episode of South Park, which was episode #201. Now, I didn't think much of it and figured I'd catch it on southparkstudios.com tonight and left it at that. Due to spending time with my fiancee, I didn't do much cuber surfing. Well, I did today and came to find out the episode was altered due to a thread against Matt & Trey, the creators of the series. According to a post on southparkstudios.com, they did not alter the video, but Comedy Central did, adding beeps and censored bars, as well as even altering the last episode, due to these threats.

I think this is absolutely horrendous. However, the validate the stories I was reading, I went to the cited terrorist-based website, only to find the site no longer up and running, which makes me think that this is all some sort of scam.

So, what do you guys think? You think these threats are real? And either way, how pissed were you when yous aw the episode, if at all?

SynysterChris
04-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Didn't catch the very begining but the eposide itself wasn't bad. They cencored too much of it like the whole ending. Which was kinda funny at first but got real annoying. But ya I don't think it was a hoaks, because those people are crazy. But I do have an extreme amount of respect for Mat and Trey that they do what they want, and don't hold back on anyone or anything.

B1GM13
04-23-2010, 08:40 AM
well 201 will be shown in the uk on Monday night, so if they've censored it in the states it'll definatly be sensored here.

KFZ Scrubs
04-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Hated that Comedy Central had most of the stuff censored.... and also hated that the website posed up an article about a place where both of them lived. Now, i'm not saying they said attack Stone and parker. But they issued a warning that something might happen to them like that European documentary guy.... and then right after they post up information where they live. That's just inviting people to attack them or some crap like that.
I liked the episode... specially the return of a certain character and the discovery of a certain person's father.... too good... too good.

HarperBird
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
The fact that most of the stuff was censored was really annoying because if even comedy central did most of it you would have thought that matt and trey wouldn't have been worried!

they do so much controversial stuff in south park so why should this episode be treated differently!

Mr DDT
04-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Is it Part 2 From Episode 200?

KostinKid
04-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Is it Part 2 From Episode 200?

Yeah.

That part when they started talking at the end was all censored. :mad:

Mr DDT
04-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Really? wow How can i see it?

ApochWeiss
04-23-2010, 01:59 PM
You can't right now. Matt and Trey refuse to host the show on southparkstudios.com until they can get a version they can work with. They are technically barred from airing the uncensored one.

Burning Karma
04-23-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that Comedy Central censored so much of it, but if the threats were real, I can't really say I blame them.

SSJ3
04-23-2010, 07:44 PM
well 201 will be shown in the uk on Monday night, so if they've censored it in the states it'll definatly be sensored here.

I'm pretty sure we get it tonight as well at 10:30pm. After hearing all this I can't wait to watch it and see what the fuss is about.

BarbaricGoose
04-23-2010, 08:30 PM
It did seem odd that they censored "Muhammad." Oh, wait! I mean "Beep." Please don't kill us, terrorists... who couldn't kill us, anyway..? :confused:

The ending was hilarious, I won't spoil anything, but it was clever. Even if unintentional.

EDIT: Apparently it was unintentional. This was posted on Southparkstudios.com (http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/3878)

A Statement from Matt and Trey

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

Starstrukk X360A
04-24-2010, 07:08 PM
I found Kyle's speech that was completely censored to be hilarious.

xkRytiCalShoTx
04-24-2010, 07:12 PM
I honestly thought Comedy Central went overboard with the censoring, especially with Kyle's speech during the end of the episode.

MrBubbles x360a
04-25-2010, 03:46 PM
I thought it was rediculous as the show fell prey to the same thing they were making fun of.

KarmaDog214
04-26-2010, 05:14 AM
Man, I thought they were going to send Tom Cruise to Imagination Land. Instead, they sent him flying straight to the moon. Honestly, I didn't see that coming. Poor Tom. :p

ApochWeiss
04-26-2010, 05:33 AM
You know Karma, I thought that too. I was so stoked to see the Christmas Critters again! And then, nope. Equally as hysterical I will admit, the fact that it's still there and hasn't changed at all (if I remember correctly) was just great. I actually wish they did a part 3, there were some other cast members I wish they brought back, especially since they brought back people all the way from the first few episodes that we hadn't seen since.

So far I've only seen about four episodes of this season, and even with the fucking beeping, this and the prior Facebook episode caused me to literally applaud the episode when the credits rolled.