PDA

View Full Version : Games they Killed

Mr DDT
04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Tony Hawks , Possably GTA IV , Name your Games Devs killed !!!

HooDLuM
04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Tomb Raider
Call of Duty

Crimson Ridley
04-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Sonic, pretty much everyone can agree that once Sonic went 3D, the world went to shit. Screw wars, global warming and all that nonsense, 3D Sonic is what is destroying this planet.

But seriously now, they have ruined Sonic, but they do seem to be trying to bring him back to his former glory.

Others;

Super Mario (Kart I could handle, it was really good and great fun). Tennis? Golf? Football (This was good too)? Basketball? Baseball? Badminton (They'll have one soon)? Talk about stomping something into the ground...

Guitar Hero. I love all these games, but 2009 was a bad year for them, with half arsed updates, and games that seemed to get worse. World Tour was a huge step down in terms of gameplay and graphics from Guitar Hero III. They've come back cheering with Guitar Hero 5 though, and hopefully they'll keep to a yearly update and continue to get better.

Final Fantasy. This is as bad as Mario, Guitar Hero and soon Call of Duty for games. There's one released every 5 minutes on God knows whatever platform, and then they ruin Final Fantasy XIII by making it nothing like the older numbered titles. Moving up and onwards is good, but when your game becomes somthing completely different with the same name, there's a few problems with fans.

Louis BCFC1875
04-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Sonic, pretty much everyone can agree that once Sonic went 3D, the world went to shit. Screw wars, global warming and all that nonsense, 3D Sonic is what is destroying this planet.

But seriously now, they have ruined Sonic, but they do seem to be trying to bring him back to his former glory.

Others;

Super Mario (Kart I could handle, it was really good and great fun). Tennis? Golf? Football (This was good too)? Basketball? Baseball? Badminton (They'll have one soon)? Talk about stomping something into the ground...

Guitar Hero. I love all these games, but 2009 was a bad year for them, with half arsed updates, and games that seemed to get worse. World Tour was a huge step down in terms of gameplay and graphics from Guitar Hero III. They've come back cheering with Guitar Hero 5 though, and hopefully they'll keep to a yearly update and continue to get better.

Final Fantasy. This is as bad as Mario, Guitar Hero and soon Call of Duty for games. There's one released every 5 minutes on God knows whatever platform, and then they ruin Final Fantasy XIII by making it nothing like the older numbered titles. Moving up and onwards is good, but when your game becomes somthing completely different with the same name, there's a few problems with fans.

Sorry but i don't see how they have possibly killed Final Fantasy, considdering the last proper Final Fantasy to come out was in 2001 and that was nine years ago, so i don't see how that is 5 minutes.

And i really don't see how they have destroyed GTA and COD....just seem like haters to me..

Defcizion
04-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Guitar Hero is the only one I can truly think of, Sonic too I guess.

Swizzler
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Crash Bandicoot
2 + 3 where great fun then they got into the 3d world style and that drained the fun out of them.

Tombraider
OK they've put 1000 more pixels into her jubblies but they havnt made a real good TR game since 3 (although 2 was my favourite).

Tony Hawks
2 was a great game, 3 was ok all the rest was just bleh!

Resident Evil
Again 2 was great, the rest where just bland IMO.

[Waggly Bean]
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Sorry but i don't see how they have possibly killed Final Fantasy, considdering the last proper Final Fantasy to come out was in 2001 and that was nine years ago, so i don't see how that is 5 minutes.

What the hell are you on about? The last proper Final Fantasy according to who? I'm guessing you mean X? :rolleyes:

The point Callum was making is that there are so many new games released with the Final Fantasy name. Think about how many FF-branded games there are out there! I just saw another new(ish?) one in the shops the other day - a Crystal Chronicles game (incidentally the box art makes it look terrible!)

Anyway, I was going to try to compile a list of Final Fantasy games just on current systems, but I can't even be bothered to do that as the list would be fairly long! :o

T FUNK 1984
04-23-2010, 12:03 PM
PES - ever since it was know as ISS it has been head and shoulders above FIFA until the abominations of 2009 and 2010.

Crimson Ridley
04-23-2010, 12:10 PM
;3023349']What the hell are you on about? The last proper Final Fantasy according to who? I'm guessing you mean X? :rolleyes:

The point Callum was making is that there are so many new games released with the Final Fantasy name. Think about how many FF-branded games there are out there! I just saw another new(ish?) one in the shops the other day - a Crystal Chronicles game (incidentally the box art makes it look terrible!)

Anyway, I was going to try to compile a list of Final Fantasy games just on current systems, but I can't even be bothered to do that as the list would be fairly long! :o

Thank you, Dave. :) I guess this guy forgot that XI and XII were released at some point too...

There are so many Crystal Chronicles, Tactics, remakes, ports, expansions to XI, etc, that it's become near impossible to keep up with Final Fantasy now. So yes, I stand by my 5 minutes statement.

Lazermatt
04-23-2010, 12:12 PM
http://overlypositive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Star_Wars_Galaxies_Box_Art.jpg

:boomhttp://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/110231/Sony-Online-Entertainment-logo_qjpreviewth.jpg

Mr DDT
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM
They was never A Good Star Wars Game

$RebelG
04-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Tony Hawk man they ruined that series of games. Pretty much up until Underground 2 they were good, some duds but most of them were amazing (I did spend my childhood growing up on them) and then since they released games in what 05, 06? They've just gotten worse.

I think they've put a bad name around GTA IV. Although really, I know a lot of people really enjoyed the way R* took the game this time, but for me after the storyline (which I didn't enjoy) there was nothing fun or crazy to do. I think they pushed the realism a little too far in some aspects. Not to mention I hate the way Niko was a sluggish git.

milecoupe
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Tony Hawk-Loved them and still play 1-4 but after 4 it got stupid.If they brang this back to basics i would buy everyone of them

Call Of Duty-MW2 was my 3rd game from cod but i don't see myself getting anymore as the rest should be garbage with the way there going.Also they're too money hungry now so i see the whole "pay to play server thing" to be coming in the futur so no thanks.

Guitar Hero/Rockband-Theres only so much new stuff that can be added and i'm not gonna buy these games just for a new set list everytime.Guitar hero 2/3 were good and world tour i liked as it came with all the other stuff but since then the games are just 70$ for what 80 songs and half are already in past gh.

Moto gp-#2 was one of the best racing games to hit xbox but they patched it with stupidness and since then they have gone downhill.Again back to basics of #2 and this series would be back

Forza-With all the crap they pulled with #3 they lost alot of there core fanbase and a new game i doubt most people would play it.Forza 2 was a great game and insted of upgradeing what they had they re did everything and it was a huge mistake and making online ranked or private only was there #2 boo boo and no one plays really anymore.

I could go on but i'll stop there for now

TacticalTodger
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Tony Hawks series 3 was the best in my opinion Airport was epic for combo :P. Killed it after 4.

Sonic my favourite was Sonic adventure 2 on dreamcast/Gamecube. All the latest sonic games blow

Banjo Kazooie - They ruined it with nuts & bolts.

Doctor Cortex
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
After Goldeneye the bond releases seemed to get worse and worse until Quantum arrived which helped give some life back into it.

Tomb raider needs to be wiped already as they keep coming back with the same scenery, puzzles and enemies. Played one, played them all.

Definitely agree with the sonic and some of the mario spinoffs mentioned above. If a game is good i wish they would stop milking it for all its worth and generate something fresh or innovative with a spin off.

Vonzipper
04-23-2010, 02:37 PM
http://overlypositive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Star_Wars_Galaxies_Box_Art.jpg

I totally agree. CU and NGE ruined what was once an epic MMO. Shame there are no other Star Wars MMOs out there at the moment, Star Wars The Old Republic isn't out until spring next year. ;)

Splinter Cell: Double Agent was a bit of a dissapointment to the series but I wouldn't say it ruined it.
Far Cry Instincts/Predator was technically a remake of the original PC version and it was shockingly bad compared to how great Far Cry (PC) was.

Possibly GTA IV

You really think so? :eek: GTA IV was epic (Including its two add-ons)

Louis BCFC1875
04-23-2010, 04:26 PM
;3023349']What the hell are you on about? The last proper Final Fantasy according to who? I'm guessing you mean X? :rolleyes:

Just because they release alot of games with one particular name, dosen't mean there killing the series if they produce good games..

FlyingShadow
04-23-2010, 04:59 PM

Um... Did you never play either of the KOTORs or Battlefront 2?

bapae
04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Guitar hero and halo halo 3 and odst wernt all that great.

agentplatypus
04-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Call of Duty got slaughtered.

Judivarious
04-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Wolfenstein - (The last game was complete f**king sh*t)

Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest - (The fact that DQ9 is on the Nintendo DS only is garbage. Why did they switch from having DQ8 on the PS2, to Nintendo?)

Soldier of Fortune - (1 was great, 2 was greater, 3 was a f**king epic fail)

Warcraft - (Was a great RTS game, but WoW may have ruined the RTS series with a stupid, boring MMO)

F.E.A.R - (F.E.A.R 1 was perfect, it's expansions were not perfect, but still excelled, despite the fact they weren't actually "part" of the story, F.E.A.R. 2 sucked at the point it was NOT scary at all, and the story was rushed. F.3.A.R. will either make the game good again, or break the game with another storyline and no scariness for a "horror" game.)

Iv AJay vI
04-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Call of Duty got slaughtered.

Agreed. Also, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and Resident Evil. RE5 was nothing like the classics =\

Dustinator
04-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Tony Hawk series(dead after 3)
Guitar Hero series(dead after GH2)
Sonic series(Dead after Sonic 3)
Mario spinoffs(anything not made by Miyamoto, eg Baseball, Strikers, etc.)
Call of Duty series(Dead if not made by IW, which is now dead)
MLB 2K series(Died after 2k5)
Mortal Kombat series(dead after MK Deception)
Halo series(j/k :))

R Rated Love
04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I'd have to disagree with Rock Band and GTA.

I'd have to agree with Tony Hawk and Banjo Kazooie. FIrst 3 Tony Hawk games were rock solid, as were the first 2 Banjo Kazooie games, but the times have definitely changed.

I'm a bit on the fence about Call of Duty.

Lord Montymort
04-23-2010, 05:34 PM
I am guessing you never played KotOR 1&2, Battlefront 1&2, Republic Commando, Jedi Power Battles, Rouge Squadron 1,2&3, Super Star Wars, Super The Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, The Force Unleashed, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy, and the many other great Star Wars games, (Galaxies is one of the extremal rare "bad" Star Wars games) make sure you play the games in the series before you condemn them, and really seeing that your the TC, that statement makes all your suggestions for "Games they Killed" void, as you don't seem to know the difference between good and bad games.

Infection Ftw
04-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Rayman 2 was awsome imo. Rayman 3 was good too but I the stuff they added and changed could be left away.

VladimirK
04-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Rock Band/Guitar Hero - Way too many games in a short space of time.

Crash Bandicoot - The first 3 were excellent, (I'll give you Crash Team Racing aswell, which wasn't completely terrible), now they are horrible.

GTA IV - I know loads of folk liked it, but I hated it. Couldn't help but feel that it took itself way too seriously and tried to be too realistic. That was never fun in the GTA games, it was like they got a GTA game and sucked all of the fun out of it.

Farcry - The first, (and either it's expansion or the second, both were on original Xbox anyway), they were brilliant. Then Farcry 2 came out and it was nothing like them. If it didn't have the Farcry name it would have been good, but it's because you were expecting it to be like the first then that just got shattered for you.

Fable - I might get a bit of hate for this one. I loved Fable and then Fable: The Lost Chapters. But then Fable II came out and they tried to "improve" a whole load of stuff that mostly ruined the game for me. They seem to be doing the same to Fable III just now, but obviously I can't judge that yet.

Condemned - Again, really enjoyed the first, but it had a shitty sequel.

Lastly I've got one that isn't in my opinion ruined, but completely different.

Fallout - I can see a lot of people saying this one. Personally I did really, really like Fallout 3 but it's entirely different to the first ones. Fallout 3 was a first person RPG whilst the others were all point and click and a little more strategic if I'm not mistaken. (I've got them somewhere but I've not played them in ages).

Ben Sharpe
04-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Just because they release alot of games with one particular name, dosen't mean there killing the series if they produce good games..

They aren't good though.

benatheos
04-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Halo! ... once the best xbox game series ... now the worst games of all time!

SSJ3
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM
GTA Skate and the Smackdown vs Raw series. 2010 was pretty good but the rest don't compare to Here Comes The Pain etc.

R Rated Love
04-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Seeing as how your most recent game is Kung Fu Panda, I'll assume you're kidding.

And whoever mentioned Far Cry up above, good call on that.

Q ipoddy Q
04-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Banjo Kazooie was great until nuts & bolts.

Crash Bandicoot was amazing from crash 1 up to wrath of cortex on the PS2 after that they got really sloppy.

CodSteaks
04-23-2010, 06:32 PM
most games based on movie or comic franchises. i don't even usually try them unless i've been told they're good, even if i love the franchise. i wish devs would realize they could make a killing by making a quality game based on something people already love. there are exceptions i know: arkham asylum, some SW games.
mario - it's obvious when a legit mario game is made, but quit with all the other crap. just cause you paint it with mario doesn't make it good. same with final fantasy.

SSJ3
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Banjo Kazooie was great until nuts & bolts.

Crash Bandicoot was amazing from crash 1 up to wrath of cortex on the PS2 after that they got really sloppy.

How could I have forgotten about Crash, good god I used to love that game so much now they have completely killed it.

speed gun
04-23-2010, 06:42 PM
tenchu series
i played 2 3 4 and fatal shadows and a bit of time of the assassins (on psp)
time of the assassins on psp wasnt that good but hey ruined it with tenchu z

gta IV no planes jets

Seraph Xii
04-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Final fantasy, this is obvious to anybody who has ever played a final fantasy. Even if you love them now, they're not the same as they once was, I consider FFX the last final fantasy game.

Fable, loved the first, thought the second was mediocre.

When I think of anymore I'll come back :p

Hero Of Acre
04-23-2010, 06:59 PM
I really enjoyed FFXII actually and haven't played XIII, but what I believe that the one fellow meant by there not being a true FF game for IX years was that X was the last game the orginal FF team had anything to do with the game. Regardless of the 'main' series the tatics games have been awesome in my eyes. Oh and yes...I enjoyed X-2.

Kairi
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Sonic, Mario, Crash Bandicoot, and Guitar Hero are the main ones already mentioned. They are not nearly as good as they once were but I still play them anyway.

I also hae to say Spyro. First three Spyro were amazing. They definitely went down after Insomnaic (sp?) Games left but I still played and enjoyed them, but not nearly as much. The reboot definitely killed it- completely changed everything. I wish they went back to making good Spyro games.

Another one that I think died is Pokemon. Im not even bothering with Black and White. think the series definitely died in the 4th generation somewhere. Somethings in my opinion are ridiculous like Groudon Kyogre and Rayquazza in HeartGold and SoulSilver- they have nothing to do with Johto at all. They keep adding tons and tons more too.

LukeG69
04-23-2010, 08:27 PM

The writing has always been mediocre for Halo. The level design in the first killed 2 and 3, and ODST was so bad I was almost laughing in the last level. Halo is a multiplayer game now, nothing more.

Tussell
04-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Tony Hawk, Splinter Cell (with Double Agent), Gears of War, Halo, to name a few.

rvlution
04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Mentioned before but Guitar Hero. It became really stupid after 3. Rock the 80s was a warning.

Code of Conduct
04-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Agreed. Also, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and Resident Evil. RE5 was nothing like the classics =\

Umm..

How did they kill Rock Band?

Got to be the obvious choices in Mario, Sonic, and Tony Hawk. Also GH.

Daiphyer.
04-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm gonna say:

Call Of Duty.

Medal Of Honor. (Hope they can resurrect it with the new one)

Guitar Hero.

Xylon Uxkid
04-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Like many of you already said, Tony Hawk. Those games were a blast but now they suck. I was a huge fan I even have all the games except Ride. When I bought Proving Ground, I was like meh and just played for 15 mins. It was horrible.

BulletH0l3s
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Do you mean, 'Galaxies' was never a good game or do you mean there never was a good star wars game. If you mean the second option, you're a moron, and have never heard of Star wars:Battlefront I&II. ;)

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
04-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Sonic - C'mon now. Sonic and The Secret Rings, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Do I need to explain more?

Guitar Hero and Rock Band - I don't know why, but Rock Band's DLC has seem to fail more often then before. Guitar Hero needs to slow down with there releases, too. I loved VH's track list, but the damn game sucked with GHWT's engine instead of GH5's.

Louis BCFC1875
04-24-2010, 12:39 AM
They aren't good though. Obviously not in your opinion, doubt it isn't the opinion lots of others.

KillTheft_Echo
04-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Sonic-
The old 2D ones where your only goal was to collect rings and Defeat Dr. Eggman were the bomb. Like others said above, as soon as they went 3D, and added in a bunch of useless junk, it sucked. If only they realized, like the they did with Mario, that there is still a market for 2D games.

Sim City-
I don't know if any of you played the original for the SNES, but the old-school 2D Sim City was the BOMB. I could sit and play for hours. It was basic, but not too basic. These days, they're all complicated and... just plain stupid. Oh 2D games, how I miss you.

Donkey Kong-
Call me a sucker for a good 2D game, but you can't beat Donkey Kong: Country or Donkey Kong: Diddy's Konquest. Two of the best games ever made in my opinion. And it's not so much that they killed it, Donkey Kong 64 wasn't too bad, but they just stopped making them. Another series I wish they'd bring back, and profit off of the 2D Market.

Mortal Kombat-
These games just got weird. With the introduction of terribly made story-modes, this game just went downhill. They got rid of the good, basic ol' kill your opponent, and introduced long and horrible story modes. I've hated the most recent ones.

Bioshock-
Multiplayer? No.... No. No. No. That ruined it for me. I rented it a couple days ago, and I think the multiplayer killed the game. It's not that it was bad, it truly wasn't, but it really gets under my skin when Game Devs put multiplayer in a game that's known for it's Single Player. It just isn't needed. I wouldn't of minded Co-Op, but full blown multiplayer just ruined it. They should've just trashed the idea, and introduced a longer, further enriched Single Player, or maybe even Co-Op.

Spider-Man-
Not much to say about this one. The movie-remakes weren't that bad, but Web of Shadows just got weird. On top of that, they just made the same game over and over with new enemies and new powers. Nothing really new grabbed your attention, and you played for while, and got bored. I did, at least.

Tony Hawk-
Another not much to say about. They, honestly, just killed it.

Turok-
I absolutely hated the new Turok. Turok: Evolution for the PS2 and Gamecube was one of my all-time favorite games. It was gruesome and gory. There was nothing like shooting a Sleg (Human-like Lizard thing) with a poison arrow, and watching him vomit and then die. Headshots were epic as well. That game was amazing. Then the new Turok game out, and I couldn't stand it. The idea of fighting Dinosaurs was almost obsolete, with practically the entire game being about killing your Human enemies. They lost what Turok did so well - combine the hunting of Dinosaurs with some other superior enemy. Not to mention the Multiplayer, which was just a stupid knife-fest. If only, If only.

Area-51-
The PS2 game Area-51 was my first Horror game, and I loved it. You ventured deep into Area-51, and fought new foes as your squad-mates got picked off in gruesome ways. It was dark almost the entire game, and you had to rely on only a flashlight to spot oncoming enemies and objectives. Truly a masterpiece, in my opinion. Now, Area-51: Blacksite... sucked. I rented it, played it for literally 5 minutes, and took it back. It was the complete opposite of the first, with you starting out in broad Daylight in a full-blown firefight. No. Stick with the survival-horror. Please.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all off the top of my head.

DeekBoy
04-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Sonic for sure!!!!! it was never the same when it hit 3D... i have never played them but seeing them played was not good at all

Tony Hawk went to hell really fast. number 2 was the best and after that it was crap... i will say that underground wasnt all that bad

Crash Bandicoot. that game was amazing on the PS and it just slowly started to die

njdevils17
04-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Banjo Kazooie-
The first two on the N64 (and XBLA) were 2 of my favorite adventure games. They were a big part of my childhood and I loved the challenges of collecting jiggies. When it was announced that a new Banjo Kazooie was being made for the 360, I was excited because the previous games were great. When I found it was basically just a driving game with not a lot of platforming, I lost interest.

Sonic-
All of the Sonic games up until Sonic Adventure 2 were great. After Sonic Adventure 2, the camera angles somehow just became so bad and you'd always end up killing yourself in the game. I'm happy to see that Sega is going back to their roots with the new Sonic game coming out. The console Sonic game for the 360 is atrocious.

Tony Hawk-
The first 5 Tony Hawk games were amazing. They were always adding a major feature to change the game drastically. Whether it be the additions of the manual, revert, exploring the level, having a story, being able to walk, etc. it was great to see Neversoft and Activision trying every year to give us something new. Underground 2 didn't add much as it was pretty much a Jackass game. American Wasteland was decent, but it didn't really add much. Project 8 I thought was pretty good. The nail the trick feature was terrific and challenging when pulling off a major trick. I also loved that it was just a huge area with no loading screens. Proving Ground was just plain bad. I rented it from Gamefly, played it for about an hour, then returned it. I think that was when Skate. had supplanted the Tony Hawk games for the skateboarding genre. I haven't played the new Tony Hawk game with the skateboard peripheral; I heard it wasn't very good and very overpriced.

Guitar Hero-
Not that it has been ruined, but all of these new GH games are pretty much just new songs. I can't blame them for releasing all of these new games because they're obviously making a ton of money on them. Sort of like Madden how while it's a good game, there aren't any new features to make it different from the previous year's.

Mario Party-
I loved the first 4 Mario Party games, but the mini game lost all of their fun in the later games.

Aceman417
04-24-2010, 01:40 AM
I also hae to say Spyro. First three Spyro were amazing. They definitely went down after Insomnaic (sp?) Games left but I still played and enjoyed them, but not nearly as much. The reboot definitely killed it- completely changed everything. I wish they went back to making good Spyro games.

Yes, they definately ruined spyro. The ps1 games were good, even a hero's tail and the dragonfly one on the ps2 were good. But once they brought out the ones with the fighting and combo moves it definately ruined it.

Langeboy
04-24-2010, 03:03 AM
Modern Warfare 2, and every other Call of Duty game to come out from here on.
Easy creation really, Counter Strike - Skill + children = Modern warfare 2.

Virock
04-24-2010, 04:19 AM
One i havent seen you guys say yet and one of my personal Xbox Original favorites

Conflict Series...They ruined it with Denied Ops

Darth Odan
04-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Command and Conquer. Way the go EA, fuck up a game's story so bad that it's not even funny.

Halo. Halo 3 sucked, ODST sucked, Halo Wars was MEH at best.

Call of Duty. I've played all of them, but MW2 just ruined the whole it for me.

ApochWeiss
04-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil, Sonic, Spyro, Bionic Commando, Banjo-Kazooie. They damaged Mega Man but I'm glad to see him return to the roots he's best at.

edit: How'd I forget Crash Bandicoot? Mind Over Mutant? My god...

WirelessPillow
04-24-2010, 12:54 PM
I feel they screwed up the F.E.A.R series with the inconsistency and changes to the story from 1 to 2.
I am however hoping F.E.A.R 3 will rectify it and make it worthwhile again.

jgahagan
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Fallout - I can see a lot of people saying this one. Personally I did really, really like Fallout 3 but it's entirely different to the first ones. Fallout 3 was a first person RPG whilst the others were all point and click and a little more strategic if I'm not mistaken. (I've got them somewhere but I've not played them in ages).

I can't agree with you there. I would have thought if anything, that Fallout 3 gave new life to the franchise and brought in a whole new fan-base and audience to the series.

I'd personally have to say Metal Gear Solid. First 2 were incredible and 3 was great but the story just went apes**t. Vampires, a fat bloke on rollerblades, all those 'THE' bosses, a million-year-old sniper, a dude who punches lightning whose totally gay for Raiden. Really Konami? Really Hideo? There's too many stupid things to mention.

KillTheft_Echo
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
One i havent seen you guys say yet and one of my personal Xbox Original favorites

Conflict Series...They ruined it with Denied Ops

Conflict. That was another good one. Conflict: Desert Storm was a great game. But, as you said, Denied Ops was terrible.

Unterofficer
04-24-2010, 05:08 PM
There are a lot of murders in gaming, but for times sake I will only list the biggest murders, and let's start with the worst manslaughter ever.

Fatal Frame 4
You have respected and sucsesfull franchise so what should you do? Well not release the next game for Wii and only in Japan when everyone is waiting for it. Who thought that it would be a good idea?

Call of Duty/Medal of Honour
You have almost ok franchise that could be a good franchise with few improvements, so naturally you should start to take advices from Michael Bay.

Gears of War
Ok this was on the edge of being dead before release, but this did sound somewhat cool when I first heard of it. Then they made the game childish machofantasy without any logic, or story (Those are for wussies.) and thought that it was smart move. Sadly they made the game so gory that it's target audience couldn't buy it.

Battlefield: Bad Company
Great MP, and very funny SP, so naturally you hire Michael Bay as consultant, and remove most of the funny stuff from the game. Hopefully they wont mess with the MP on BC3.

Metal Gear Solid
Again good franchise, and a very respected game, so of course it is a wise decission to make the newest game a complete fanwank, and scare everyone who isn't a big fan of the series away.

KashThePriest
04-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Prince of Persia, the last one went right away from what made the game good, a game where you can't die just feels to cheap to me. Maybe the new one can revive it, only time will tell

Tricka21
04-25-2010, 04:21 AM
I no these games aren't exactly GOTY qualifiers but I enjoyed them so feel they have to be added

Dragonball Z Franchise
Ever since they debuted on the next gen consoles I cant help but think they lack content e.g. character roster, the Story being cut short & compared to the PS2 games the combat just feels a bit of.

Def Jam Francise
I'm not even a fan of Rap/Hip Hop but that doesn't change the fact that both Def Jam Vendetta & New York were great games, now compare those to Icon & we have a masterpiece of SHIT!

Soul Calibur Franchise
Ironically enough I have just 1kd Soul Calibur 4 & for most of the time the game felt nothing but dry to me, compared to 2 & 3 I felt dissapointed in 4

Dynasty Warriors Franchise
Now I'm a huge fan of this franchise but ever since DW 6 came out it was meant to be an improvement but the only improvement I saw was graphics! other than that they unnecessarily removed characters, supposedly revamped the combat system (into something crappy might I add) & icing on the cake, out of 41 character only 17 get story modes! what happened to the innovative??

darkarchon433
04-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Tony Hawk - 2 was the best, following that they went downhill
Sonic - The old school was fun, but I don't know what to think of the newer sonic stuff.
Conflict Series - Desert Storm 1 and 2 for xbox were fun, so was global terror, but Denied Ops just sucked.

RuYi
04-25-2010, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't dare to judge on killing, but FFXIII, Sonic and Tony Hawk were the games that I didn't appreciate the change of things.

Tony Hawk - 2 was the best, following that they went downhill
^ This!

Exuberate
04-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Sonic, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. It's not fun watching my childhood memories get slowly killed off.

Ozbaab
04-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Hmm..
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy

Sampson
04-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Defenite Guitar hero. How did they kill Sonic? Maybe with Tails' crappy new voice. I like his voice when it was still in the Adventure series for the Dreamcast.

jamie1000013
04-25-2010, 08:44 PM
need for speed, resident evil, Ku fu panda if it doesn't have online lolz.

Def jam shit forgot about that one >.<

balance13
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
need for speed, resident evil, Ku fu panda if it doesn't have online lolz.

Def jam shit forgot about that one >.<

Really Kung Fu Panda if it doesn't have multiplayer? It's a movie game of course it was gonna suck.

Xylon Uxkid
04-25-2010, 09:19 PM
A lot of people have been saying that they kill Sonic, but I want to know what they think about Sonic Adventure??? IMO its one of the best Sonic games. I know they newest are crap, but Adventure is a blast.

Spoony Bard
04-26-2010, 02:49 AM
The LEGO games have gotten really stale, and lack of online for most is inexcusable. I'm hoping Harry Potter shakes things up a bit, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mystixx Foxx
04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
2 Good examples of worst remakes ever...

Bomberman underground : only picked it up because i wanted to see how they wanted to "beef up" bomberman, and thought it was gonna be fun. Ended up with trying to go trough 99 repetitive levels and had to start from scratch when dying. Though the arcade version is sweet. brought back alot of memories from when playing bomberman on SNES.

Supcom : Wich was going to be a remake of Total annihilition, Wich i enjoyed back in the days. And ended up with a game i can't really call a game, more like a Virus for my Xbox. Haven't tried it on pc tho, i hear its alot better on pc.

Lava Tonsil
04-26-2010, 06:03 PM
The Timesplitters series.
Timesplitters 2 was my fave fps at the time, and then EA stepped in for Timesplitters 3.... well that was shocking, everything already unlocked and lacking in the personality that made the series great and different. I remember unlocking all the characters was like a badge of honour in TS2 and it was all done for you on 3, where's the fun in that?

Opiate42
04-26-2010, 07:47 PM
I love Guitar Hero, but yah....it's boned there's no place else for them to go but getting decent DLC for GH5 and BH. Van Halen was pathetic, came free with GH5 pre-ordered...and wasn't worth the price I didn't pay. Stupid Activision.

Halo is far from dead for the time being. Reach will be the last awesome hurrah before 343 takes Bungie's baby away from them. Bungie's pouring their soul's into that one. 343 won't be able to match it, then Halo will come to an end.

COD: RIP in a shared grave with Infinity Ward. Stupid Activision again.

Mario anything: really really sick of him. Really.

Lego: YES! After grinding away to get 100% on SW:CS I never want to see another LEGO game...until my gf buys the harry potter one...sigh.

Deathlorddanny
04-26-2010, 07:59 PM

This is what pisses me off....how is halo "the worst game of all time", what did it do to deserve that title? Do you absolutely suck at halo 3 and have to find a way to make it look like its just the game? Honestly, if halo 3 was released without any of the prequels im sure it would do awesome. How many other games out there even have a forge mode? Halo is freaking awesome!

Turok-Thought it was going to be good
Tomb Raider-Used to watch my dad play all the old ones when i was like 10, not fun anymore....
left 4 dead 2-Its very fun and i play it but i feel as if they shoulda made a whole new game.
Unreal Tournament 3- I know its a pc game also but if they would of just gave it some better graphics and maybe some sort of story (dont ask me) it could be a very competetive game (for consoles)
Tony hawk series- Same stuff, different places

Games i have to give credit to:
Darkness- Played through it recently and the level of detail is pretty amazing for its age.
Rainbow 6 series- Honestly every game they come out with seems to be a bit better than the last.

And sorry if i didn't really talk about a series or genre that was ruined but this has been on my mind for a while.

And by the way, im still waiting for a new star wars battlefront!

superandyt
04-26-2010, 08:27 PM
I actually really enjoyed the Tomb raider games on the 360 though I agree the later PS1 games and less said about Angel of Darkness the better.

Turok went downhill and though I never played it I'm pretty sure whatever they did to Toejam and Earl when they brought it out for the Xbox killed that old favourite off.

Infection Ftw
04-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Yet you've played like 2000 online Halo 3 matches... is it because you k/d isn't great?

Purant
04-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Zelda

Ocarina of time - best game of all time
Majoras Mask - Brilliant
Windwaker - Not as good but acceptable
After that - not actually worth buying

Deathlorddanny
04-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Zelda

Majoras Mask - Brilliant

Well said, but i have to give props to windwaker, because when i was in 8th grade i had to make up a story and i made up a story about myself waking up on an island to my sister etc etc....I got a 100 on that essay. :woop::drunk

Although i was a bit too young for majora's mask so i really didnt know what to do and i just walked around collecting rubys.

Barad
04-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Viva Pinata..lol no lie these games are brilliant where is their rep!

Stufin135
04-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Guitar Hero - Too many games in one year (they have learnt and are slowing down, but it might be too late). The core main titles of these games were pretty solid though.

Rock Band - It is nothing to do with the amount of games released and so on as they don't have too many. It is the actuall career/world tour that killed. You can only play songs you hate so many times before you go on a killing spree.

Rock Revolution - They released it.

Most sports games such as Fifa and Madden - There is no need for one ever year or for world cups and so on. A simple patch to update the squads is fine.

Grand Theft Auto - For a game that is pretty un-realistic IV sure turned out to be made to feel realistic.

Halo - Started to realise it's fans would buy everything with the "Halo" name so released a load of shit. Gears will probably go this way, but it is not quite there yet.

Tony Hawks - As mentioned lots of times first 3 were some of the most amazing modern games. Unfortunately they started to decline. No question why though, if they kept releasing rehashes of 3 then people would get bored.

Need For Speed - Started to go down some boy racer route to appeal to the 14 year old wannabe gangsters. Although apparently Shift isn't to bad.

Burnout - 1 and 2 were brilliant, number 3 was a big decline and then just the death of Burnout.

Playstation - Not so much a game, but they killed themselves by making the PS3.

There is still shit loads more but I am too lazy to type them out. A lot of other mentioned by people I agree with and the few that I have re-mentioned is to get my view on why I think they have been killed.

jgahagan
04-27-2010, 01:40 AM
Why are so many people saying Halo? I just can't see how they've killed it?

Dz06lt
04-27-2010, 01:51 AM
GTA killed, please ... it got more awesome

balance13
04-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Why are so many people saying Halo? I just can't see how they've killed it?

Well this thread was bound to be filled with fanboys that hate certain games.

I personally don't see how CoD, Halo, or GoW are dead but when you don't like a series you just post that they suck.

koopakiller64
04-27-2010, 02:11 AM
GTA killed, please ... it got more awesome

The GTA 4 formula just didnt do it for me. I didnt like the changes to the driving and some other aspects like not being able to customize your character except for clothing. IMO GTA San Andreas was the best one. PS I heard GTA Ballad of Gay Tony and the motorcycle expansion went back to the old way, but I'm not sure.

On Topic: I see the end of the CoD series coming soon if Activision continues to milk the hell out of em. Especially when I just start to bask in the satisfaction of making it to 10th prestige legit and then BAM heres a new CoD. Hopefully Medal of Honor can go back to what they used to be with the help of DICE.

Unterofficer
04-27-2010, 06:17 AM
I personally don't see how CoD, Halo, or GoW are dead but when you don't like a series you just post that they suck.
Dead = staying the same, not evolving. How have CoD, or Gears changed over the years? Ok there are only two Gears games, but CoD has million games and they are pretty much alike each other. They don't try new stuff almost at all, and just remake the same game on different setting. So they are staying the same and not trying anything new. That is how CoD and Gears are dead. Halo at the moment isn't dead (Altough it is near the edge.) as it actually does try new tricks.

fusion360
04-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Halo (over-saturation of franchise), Farcry (2), Call of Duty (5,6)

Volzagia
04-27-2010, 07:06 AM
!

Resident Evil
Again 2 was great, the rest where just bland IMO.

How can you say that Resi 4 was one of the best games ever.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Zelda

Majoras Mask - Brilliant

you sir should be ashamed...........

Wind waker was amazing...almost on par with OOT

and WTF is wrong with Twilight princess...that game is genius...I have it on wii and GC

admittedly phantom hourglass had 1 problem, that F'n one repeated temple

some might say bias-----but I say I know what im talking about

back on track...sonic of course...anything beyond adventure are atrocious beyond belief

tony hawk--dont know if I just grew out of it or what, but they are not really fun anymore

Crimson Ridley
04-27-2010, 08:24 AM
you sir should be ashamed...........

Wind waker was amazing...almost on par with OOT

and WTF is wrong with Twilight princess...that game is genius...I have it on wii and GC

IMO, The Wind Waker is the ultimate Zelda game. OOT is a very over rated game, still amazing, but not the best, but The Wind Waker did everything right, from graphical style, to story, to gameplay.

If there is only one bad thing I can say about it, it's the task you're given towards the end of the game; To find all the shards of the Triforce. To me, that felt like filler, something that could have been avoided, or cut down, but was put there to make the game feel longer.

Twilight Princess is also very good, though darker than previous Zelda games. The only game that is darker than that is Majora's Mask (And the Oracle of Ages/Seasons, even Link's Awakening game(s), they seemed quite dark, I felt). I preferred the colours of WW, but TP was still a really good game.

The Phantom Hourglass was my favourite hand held Zelda, and that's pretty big coming from me, as I thought the Minish Cap was absolutely fantastic. PH was just like WW in almost every way, and a very good sequel.

Zelda is one game that Nintendo always do right. You can't really beat a company like Nintendo for caring about their games, with the exception of Mario, as like I said before, they are stomping him into the ground harder than the man stomps Goombas.

JesusBread
04-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Modern Warfare 2 - The first one was PERFECT. They ruined it by adding way too much shit you can add onto your guns and stupid things like that. It made the game cheap and stupid. You could hide in a corner with a heartbeat sensor and a silencer and rape the entire game =/.

GTA IV - Do I have to say anything, really?

Fable 2 - The first one was a million times better.

Soul Calibur IV - Absolute garbage compared to 2 and 3. Yoda is also the most USELESS character in the game.

CoD: WaW - Again... CoD3 was a great game in its own right. Why the hell did Treyarch go to IW for help? To completely fuck up CoD3's fun online play? I hate how WaW is just like MW1/2 with older weapons.

And the biggest game they killed...

Too Human - The hype around this game was insane. It had a huge amount of potential to be a great game. Nordic mythology mixed in with good gameplay sounded AWESOME, but then I got to play the demo. *sigh* Whose stupid idea was it to make the right analog stick the main attacking sequences? Whoever did that cost Silicon Knights millions of dollars in profit. I'm pretty sure that the controls alone made a lot of gamers wary of this title.

KillerBEA
04-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Halo (over-saturation of franchise), Farcry (2), Call of Duty (5,6) How is halo over saturated 4 games in the series and they dont come out close to each other. Halo wars was also made by a different company so no going there:p

killer297
04-27-2010, 08:51 AM
i would have to say that there are two games that i can think of straight away, the first would have to be call of duty because i think that there is nothing more that they can do, the second game that i think that they have kill has to be the whole need for speed series.

K4157H3W153
04-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Halo 1 campaign had so much breathing room (some say these levels are too big, trekking over tedious terrain, I personally never felt this way). (Halo 2 campaign < Halo 1 campaign imo) Halo 2 came around and sure it was great for a while on Xbox Live but it never reached the potential that Halo 1 would have had on Xbox Live.

Originally I thought Left 4 Dead 2 was pretty bad compared to L4D1 but the latest DLC saved it, plus I've grown to love it anyway (the difficulty is so much greater, makes you really try hard to survive on expert!).

The only other game that comes to mind is GTA, I liked GTA3 and Vice City (at least from what I had the chance to play of them), San Andreas wasn't as good in my opinion, while GTA4 is different but not entirely in a bad way.

jgahagan
04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Well this thread was bound to be filled with fanboys that hate certain games.

True.

I'd be inclined to suggest Virtua Fighter. SEGA completely killed that series with a massive lack of support. Most of their fans have given up hope of ever seeing a sequel and have moved on to SFIV and the like.

Mr DDT
04-28-2010, 05:28 PM
DEFO MW3 Will be ruined if they is a mw3

Dragon_22
04-28-2010, 05:48 PM
GTA, after GTA III it became garbage.
Battlefield, should have stayed on PC.
Kingdom Hearts, the games after CoM were god awful.
Basically every RPG from Sakaguchi after he left Square Enix.
Call of Duty, after CoD4 it went downhill.
Resident Evil, it became trash after 2
Gears of War, the MP of Gears 2 is simply unplayable.
I expect Metal Gear Solid to go downhill soon with Peace Walker and Rising.

Surprisingly, I think FF is doing great. FFXIII is so much better than the PS2-games, which were really lackluster and yes I'm also talking about FFX, that "great" (LOL!) game.
Not as good as VI, VIII and IX but I couldn't care less about that. :woop:4th favourite is also a good spot and at least it's way better than BD and LO.

SSJ3
04-28-2010, 06:23 PM

Did you play Vice City and San Andreas?

Dragon_22
04-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Did you play Vice City and San Andreas?

Yes of course.

SSJ3
04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes of course.

Then how can you say they became rubbish lol, Those two games were unbelievably epic.

Mr DDT
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Battlefield, should have stayed on PC.
Kingdom Hearts, the games after CoM were god awful.
Basically every RPG from Sakaguchi after he left Square Enix.
Call of Duty, after CoD4 it went downhill.
Resident Evil, it became trash after 2
Gears of War, the MP of Gears 2 is simply unplayable.
I expect Metal Gear Solid to go downhill soon with Peace Walker and Rising.

Surprisingly, I think FF is doing great. FFXIII is so much better than the PS2-games, which were really lackluster and yes I'm also talking about FFX, that "great" (LOL!) game.
Not as good as VI, VIII and IX but I couldn't care less about that. :woop:4th favourite is also a good spot and at least it's way better than BD and LO. I Think he was meant to put 4 lol if he didnt then hes crazy ...

Evo Kazz
04-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Deus Ex. DX2 was a horrible nightmare that still makes me cry, ok maybe not, but it was sooo bad considering DX1 is one of my fave games of all time. I hope DX3 makes up for it.

Hooch9
04-30-2010, 12:28 AM
I dunno if they completely killed it, but boy did they chop it to pieces.

I still remember the original Fallout games. 1 and 2 was great. I still play it to this day.

I had high hopes for Fallout 3. Even though I understood it wouldn't be an exact replica of the originals, I would hope they would at least stay somewhat in continuity with the first two.

However, with the instance of Fallout 1, it's sequel was 2. However, I have a hard time calling F3 real sequel gameplay wise.

That's just my opinion I guess.

balance13
04-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Dead = staying the same, not evolving. How have CoD, or Gears changed over the years? Ok there are only two Gears games, but CoD has million games and they are pretty much alike each other. They don't try new stuff almost at all, and just remake the same game on different setting. So they are staying the same and not trying anything new. That is how CoD and Gears are dead. Halo at the moment isn't dead (Altough it is near the edge.) as it actually does try new tricks.

Well if that is your definition of dead, then I would have to consider CoD dead since it pretty much hasn't changed since the original. GoW ( I know you hate this game and will argue my every point) however I wouldn't call dead GoW compared to GoW 2 has quite a few changes if you ask me. They added meat shields, chain saw battles, new weapons and new enemies. However the games story is a bit redundant I will give you that.

Halo for its part I would not call dead either from you definition of "dead". Especially Halo Reach, since it is basically changing the game completely from the other Halo games, IMO at least.

l Absolution l
04-30-2010, 02:07 AM
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater,

Guitar Hero,

Call of Duty,

Final Fantasy.

That's all I can think of right now.

True I Skill
04-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Halo
Call of Duty
Left 4 dead
Crash
Spyro
Sonic
And MGS Was heading in that direction towards the end of MGS2, they saved it with MGS3 and 4 tho.

Thats just my opinion. Crash Spyro and Sonic all got abit ahead of themselfs i think, I would of liked if they just kept it to what it was originaly instead of all this new crap.
L4D2 i feel was rushed they could of made it so much better if they spent an extra year on better idea's.

Spoony Bard
04-30-2010, 04:36 AM
The first Scene It game was pretty good, and the second took it to the next level with Avatar support and online play. Then the third one came out and it was even worse than the first.

Denny Crane
04-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Halo obviously. Mah lawd its terrible!

JadeSin
04-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Halo 3... The flood were nothing but pure tediom...

Also, Vice City was possibly the best GTA game ever made, so I don't understand how you can rubbish it. :P

jtr1gg3r
04-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Spyro - after Spyro 3 they massacred it

Need For Speed - after most wanted its just got progessively worse imo

PES - it used to be good, but its just shit now

thats all I can think of off the top of my head =P

EatWheat
04-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Halo! ... once the best xbox game series ... now the worst games of all time! WTF are you talking about?!?!

SSJ3
04-30-2010, 01:22 PM
WTF are you talking about?!?!

Yeah some people are off there rockers :p

sk83rty
04-30-2010, 01:39 PM
They ruined Tony Hawk.

And what were they thinking with Mario Party? >.< Same thing every time with a different number...

HopedZER0
04-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Call of Duty.....nough said

Dr Merk
04-30-2010, 02:28 PM
When you guy's say COD, are you referring to the game series as is up until MW2, or are you referring to the future of the series with Activison's choice's in eliminating IW?

The series, while growing larger, and more complicated have implemented things that came directly from user suggestion's.

In all honesty, I think they've done a fine job updating the series in accordance with the growing fan base, and I don't understand all the hate. The game run's on a system, while not perfect, is better then most of the shooter's multilayer system's available.

As far as game frequency, yes, your going to see a game with the title "Call of Duty" more frequently when your playing a game that has split developers, but even then there are still 2-3 year breaks between titles per developer.

As far as this topic goes. I believe Guitar Hero and Halo are series that have been over saturated, over marketed, and just simply played out.

Guitar Hero 2 was the glory days of Guitar Hero as far as I'm concerned. GH3 was acceptable, but beyond that, the series simply fell apart.

Halo 1 and 2 were amazing, 3 fell short of many's expectation's, and the series is now just out of control. Not only has it interjected into many different titles amongst the gaming community, it has movies, tv shows, cartoon's, mugs, hat's and all other sorts of junky apparel to go along with it. Talk about overkill.

JesusBread
04-30-2010, 04:20 PM
When you guy's say COD, are you referring to the game series as is up until MW2, or are you referring to the future of the series with Activison's choice's in eliminating IW?

I'm referring to MW2 specifically. They made that game so pretty much everyone is good at it. It's stupid. MW was already a noob fest, but you could still be 10x better than some people if you had some skill. In this one, it doesn't matter if your skilled at the game or not. You're going to get kills and you're going to get killed. The kill streaks make this game way too damn easy as well. Lets not get started about the stupid new perks. Bling? What the fuck is that bullshit all about? Heartbeat monitors, thermal sensors and all that other bullshit just makes the game online a campfest.

Spencer Estate
04-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Is Mortal Kombat still going on despite the stuff at Midway?

Madfrog0
04-30-2010, 05:51 PM

there has been a few

kcarruthers
04-30-2010, 05:58 PM
I agree, both "Battlefront"s were amazing.

Dr Merk
05-01-2010, 05:33 PM
If you say skill isn't a factor then your sadly mistaken. Your arguement is that your going to get killed and get kills regardless, that's the same for every game, but getting more kills then deaths and placing high in the lobby is a show of consistency, and not everybody can pull a top 3 spot consistently from round to round.

They've balanced kill streaks to accommodate people's play styles, individual's like myself (A veteran of all COD games) thrive online. In MW I would often find myself going well beyond the 7 killstreak reward of MW game after game and getting nothing back from it. To allow the player to choose their rewards was genius. It allows player's who can't string together killstreaks and those who go above and beyond to both be happy, and the streaks are balanced accordingly.

Certain perks I don't agree with, but I'm confused why you choose bling to bitch about. That perk gives no real advantage, Commando would probably be my choice to bitch about.

MW2 also removed two of the worst offender perks in MW. Juggernaut and Martydom. Recall how spamed those were?

I'm referring to MW2 specifically. They made that game so pretty much everyone is good at it. It's stupid. MW was already a noob fest, but you could still be 10x better than some people if you had some skill. In this one, it doesn't matter if your skilled at the game or not. You're going to get kills and you're going to get killed. The kill streaks make this game way too damn easy as well. Lets not get started about the stupid new perks. Bling? What the fuck is that bullshit all about? Heartbeat monitors, thermal sensors and all that other bullshit just makes the game online a campfest.

ZundayXx
05-01-2010, 06:16 PM
If you say skill isn't a factor then your sadly mistaken. Your arguement is that your going to get killed and get kills regardless, that's the same for every game, but getting more kills then deaths and placing high in the lobby is a show of consistency, and not everybody can pull a top 3 spot consistently from round to round.

They've balanced kill streaks to accommodate people's play styles, individual's like myself (A veteran of all COD games) thrive online. In MW I would often find myself going well beyond the 7 killstreak reward of MW game after game and getting nothing back from it. To allow the player to choose their rewards was genius. It allows player's who can't string together killstreaks and those who go above and beyond to both be happy, and the streaks are balanced accordingly.

OMA and Danger close with Claymores and noobtube, find a camping spot and there you go.

Honestly if you don't find MW2 a noobfest... you've earned the privilige to go collect your very own Noob Diploma, congratulations.

Anyway: The newer star wars games, Tony Hawk games, Gears of War 2, that's about it really... Many games are trying out some ''Changes'' while some are good and some are bad, i couldn't care less.

a random cat
05-01-2010, 06:23 PM
MW2: I loved CoD4, but MW2 just became a fail.

Sonic: Loved the series up until Sonic Heroes. The series just went down hill when that was released. However, they did do a good job with Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii).

Will update the list.

lenny m
05-01-2010, 06:27 PM
GTA Chinatown wars

Mr DDT
05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Crash bandicoot tomb raider spyro , GTA , Guitar Hero , Mercenaries , call of duty , midnight club , sonic , mario , And many more

ace2ey
05-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Tony Hawk
halo imo

WhIpLaSh 014
05-01-2010, 10:57 PM
In my opinion, GTA IV, MW2, Fable 2, Mass Effect 2 (I still LOVE it), Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, and Borderlands.

GTA IV: I know most people love/loved it, but it was a fail for me. Weak story, unrealistic gameplay, terrable checkpoint system, and a broken multiplayer.
Modern Warfare 2: I don't even have to say anything. It's that big of a FAIL.
Fable 2: It was a great idea to have your character "not dying" and thus not having to worry about restarting from about 10 minutes of gameplay. But it was way too easy, and killing was too easy once you aquire the Daichi Legendary Katana. Nobody uses any other Legendary weapon, except the Daichi and either the Perferator or the Red Dragon.
Mass Effect 2: I still love Mass Effect 2, so don't bum rush me with hate comments (I preordered the Collector's Edition of the game from GameStop, which in turn, I got the Terminous Armour in the process). The one thing that I was sad about was the fact that they nerfed the RPG element of the game in exchange for an improvement in the shooting mechanics. Sure, you can now shoot someone with better precision, but you can't do much for your character in terms of Role Playing.
Gears of War 2: Multiplayer= shit. Campaign= short and forgetable. Horde= AWESOME!!!
Left 4 Dead 2: It's basicly a copy of Left 4 Dead 1 with slightly better graphics, slightly more weapons, grenades, and healing items.
Splinter Cell Conviction: They literally removed the stealth element of the game (which made the game reconized) and took a more "action-paced" game (which they fail on).
Borderlands: I still play Borderlands, but it's a clusterfuck of moders, glitchers, and boosters. Probably more glitches than Halo 2.

MasterKingz
05-02-2010, 02:50 AM
Call of Duty
Sonic

Veterancodplayer
05-02-2010, 04:59 AM
I don't really think that there are any games that killed, just games people don't like. I still play all the sonic games even Sonic 06.

jkdisturbed911
05-02-2010, 05:18 AM
guitar hero sucked after 2 tony hawk not to good after psone games 007 after goldeneye banjo kazooie nuts&bolts was crap

Starstrukk X360A
05-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Developers haven't killed any of my games, because I haven't made any.

That is what you're asking isn't it? "Name your games devs killed."

Mr DDT
05-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Developers haven't killed any of my games, because I haven't made any.

That is what you're asking isn't it? "Name your games devs killed." No need to be a smartass jeez .

Teh BeZ
05-02-2010, 02:33 PM
No need to be a smartass jeez .

LOL =D

Gotta say that Guiter hero went down the shitter a while ago.

Tony hawks got broken, but who cares Skate is where its at anyway.

Not a big fan of football games but when i did play theres was an obvious leader that was PES and now the clear winner is FIFA so yeh PES got broken also.

To what ive heard they ruined condemned with the second =/

Dr Merk
05-02-2010, 07:52 PM
No, I'm just saying it's more then possible to succeed without using "Noob" tatics. I roll every gun effectively, I can switch up my play style with little to no effort, and I find myself at the top of the boards every game with little exception.

And my stat's show it.

But to each his own. Now that IW has been driven out of the series, I can't see it living much longer.

OMA and Danger close with Claymores and noobtube, find a camping spot and there you go.

Honestly if you don't find MW2 a noobfest... you've earned the privilige to go collect your very own Noob Diploma, congratulations.

Anyway: The newer star wars games, Tony Hawk games, Gears of War 2, that's about it really... Many games are trying out some ''Changes'' while some are good and some are bad, i couldn't care less.

Rowey 94
05-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Tony Hawks
GTA

mmartynn
05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
pretty much every music based game. every football and racing game. all the open world games (gta, saints row, etc etc) cod, resi evil. tony hawks, tomb raider. FF. spyro, crash bandicoot. silent hill

Agent Aero
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Guitar hero, Rock band, sonic, crash bandicoot.
They are the main ones i can think of at the moment.

scud1888
05-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I totally agree. CU and NGE ruined what was once an epic MMO

Patch 8 ruined it, jedi as far as the eye could see after that.

Unbrokensoul
05-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil
GTA
Silent Hill
Final Fantasy
Tony Hawk
Halo on the rise of becoming that too.
And you what??? I love them ALL!!!!

Also Guitar Hero that i can care of really wish they would just make one and add to it so i just have to put one disc in and have to switch it just cause i fill like playing a song on a older or newer disc.

Vincent Bros09
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
When they tried to bring the old arcade games into 3D just made it boring and useless. Games like Sonic, Mario and Tony Hawks have just being ruined. The recent Tony Hawks game I have is Project 8 which i found an absolutely piece of crap.

Tufty
05-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Tony Hawks
There was nothing better than setting you board on fire and lighting a cannon or awakening the unread. Now it's just about the skating, it's just boring, which is the same reason Skate sucks.

Tomb Raider
CORE made some of the best games I've ever played, Crystal Dynamics just brutally murdered CORE's offspring.

I loved Tomb Raider 2, the story was excellent, you fought everything from Tigers to Dragons. Now all you seem to encounter is a few spiders and Mercenaries.

BioShock 2

Middle finger to the fans, 'nuff said.

Other game franchise's that developers will ruin are listed below:

Gears of War
Mass Effect
Fable (Maybe)
Medal of Honour
Battlefield Bad Company
Left 4 Dead (Maybe)
Grand Theft Auto (Maybe)