PDA

View Full Version : GScore Modding "Friend" Threatening to Get Me Banned

Counterpart
04-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I had this friend who modded his gamerscore to over 100,000. He just recently got banned (finally), and I proceeded to laugh in his face.

Now he's threatening to get some "Dead Man Mods" kids to ban my Xbox and everyone on my friends list's Xbox. I'm pretty damn sure he can't do this, but I'm not aware of any modding business on the Xbox, so I need a firm answer.

Can he actually do this?

Of course he's threatening me over the internet, making fun of me and all this useless talk. But I have a 56.5K gamerscore account on this Xbox, and if I lost this I would have to travel many miles to bash his face in.

I most likely sound like an idiot for believing this, but I just want to be certain.

dillon
04-23-2010, 09:05 PM
I had this friend who modded his gamerscore to over 100,000. He just recently got banned (finally), and I proceeded to laugh in his face.

Now he's threatening to get some "Dead Man Mods" kids to ban my Xbox and everyone on my friends list's Xbox. I'm pretty damn sure he can't do this, but I'm not aware of any modding business on the Xbox, so I need a firm answer.

Can he actually do this?

Of course he's threatening me over the internet, making fun of me and all this useless talk. But I have a 56.5K gamerscore account on this Xbox, and if I lost this I would have to travel many miles to bash his face in.

I most likely sound like an idiot for believing this, but I just want to be certain.

No he can't, he's retarded.

Nozza XBA
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
To my knowledge he cant! To get onto your xbox he will either need you details - so Password etc or have to know you internet IP.

Now I think there are somethings that cant do that but I doubt he will or even can, I may even be wrong about the hacking tools.

I think he's just all mouth. Feel free to continue to laugh in his face.

$RebelG
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
He can't do that, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you're still worrying about him fucking with you in some way though since he obviously can't get over the fact he got banned for being a retard you should probably cut all ties with him and get on with your life, since he obviously can't do the same with his.

Tobes v1
04-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Block Communications tbh

Seraph Xii
04-23-2010, 09:43 PM
I have to ask, why do you not have your 50k+ GS account linked to this profile instead of the one you currently have?

Anyway, ignore it. If people who made threats over xbox live were real, 95% of the XBL population would be banned by now.

SSJ3
04-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I have to ask, why do you not have your 50k+ GS account linked to this profile instead of the one you currently have?

Anyway, ignore it. If people who made threats over xbox live were real, 95% of the XBL population would be banned by now.

I was thinking the same thing. Anyway the only way someone can access your account is by convincing Customer Support that they are you.

I M1K3Y B I
04-23-2010, 10:37 PM
If he had the means to do it, he would have done it by now surely? :p

He's talking out of his arse so please continue to laugh in his face ;)

Giptuc
04-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Question, why do you have no Avatar?

I M1K3Y B I
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Question, why do you have no Avatar?

I am guessing it something to do with the account being a trial gold one?

My other account is a trial and on the gamercard for it there is no Avatar and the account definately has one.

SSJ3
04-23-2010, 11:13 PM
You can display your real Gamertag you know. You don't have to be scared about it being "hacked" because it won't.

Stupid
04-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Epically massive nope, it's the typical "big man" live talk, he got screwed over for being a fool - now he want's to use terrorist scare tactics to freak you out. There is nothing he can do, Microsoft know the difference between modders and those who've done it legit - especially the foolish ones whom gain 100'000 in minutes!

Hitchman
04-24-2010, 04:44 PM
you dont have anything to worry about. a new thread like this always pops up (almost as much as the why did i get banned thread) and nothing ever happens to the people.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Well, 1. It's the interwebz. And 2. Assuming you personally dont know him, it sounds like he's just going to run his mouth because he's pissed you got laughed at him for getting banned. No one can really do anything unless they have your e-mail and password, or your IP.

SystmOveRide
04-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Wow... Your 'friend' sounds like a freak who doesnt have any friends.... I think ive read somewhere on a Microsoft website or on a different forum that he wouldnt be able to. And ive heard of other people having the same thing done to them. But if your really worried you can get your ISP to change your IP address?

sak7395
04-25-2010, 12:36 AM
he needs details than he can do otherwise no

I Am NeroTag
04-25-2010, 12:46 AM
No he can't, he's retarded.

LOL your right about that

Screwface89
04-25-2010, 01:33 AM
The person in question sounds like a complete retard laugh in his face, in fact send him a video or something of laughing at him lol. what a loser!

Kamakazi Pear
04-25-2010, 09:19 AM
I think the best thing to do would be to laugh in his face again.

Gl0balHiT
04-25-2010, 10:24 AM
he can't do anything. just block him and forget about it.

Ozbaab
04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
I would have blocked communications..

SSJ3
04-25-2010, 11:30 AM
LOL your right about that

LMFAO I think I just wet myself.

TheLegendThatIsRob
04-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Nope he cant do it.. dont worry.

Mr DDT
04-25-2010, 11:47 AM
LMFAO I think I just wet myself. lol i second that

Spencer Estate
04-25-2010, 02:55 PM
lol just ignore him.

OcelotDan
04-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Only way he can do anything is by logging into your account, which would require him to have your details. As long as he doesn't have your details, or the password isn't obvious, you'll be fine.

I find it quite sad that friends get into big arguments over things like this though.. It's a number on your game console, whether it's been modded or gained legit, how much you have, etc. It's no reason to fall out with people over. :G

TakahashiDemon
04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Unless he can hack an admin like some other guy did, then he could, but I think it's just big talk he's doing with you because he pissed off about getting banned.

TacticalTodger
04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Actually if you're really good with computers you can, SQL injections are lethal.

Sampson
04-25-2010, 07:36 PM
No. The only people that can ban gamertags are Microsoft employees. Hackers can't penetrate these boundaries.

TacticalTodger
04-25-2010, 07:40 PM
No. The only people that can ban gamertags are Microsoft employees. Hackers can't penetrate these boundaries.

This is true, he can't ban you and your friend, but he certainly can hack and take your account, with SQL injections as i've had it happen with my facebook/runescape account. But i use my e-mail account to get them back. As long as he can't find out your E-mail you're ok.

Madfrog0
04-25-2010, 08:26 PM
you should be safe.
why do people hack their GS? come on really.