PDA

View Full Version : Latest Xbox 360 update hosed the MP3s on my iPod :(

K4157H3W153
04-24-2010, 08:55 AM
I've been using the "Optional Media Update" to play music from my iPod on the Xbox 360 for years, it has always worked fine.

With the release of the latest update, my iPod was being recognised as a portable hard drive instead of a portable music player. I scratched my head a little and removed the "Optional Media Update" and then redownloaded it. Everything worked, the songs were all there, and I listened to a CD no problem. I turned off my Xbox 360, unplugged the iPod from the system, and went to listen to some music using headphones. All of my music has been cut short to about 30 seconds per track.

Anyone else have this problem? Considering I've bought-scratch that- wasted my money on 3 Xbox 360's so far due to RROD/DVD drive problems, this is like the tip of the iceberg with my patience for Microsoft.

Excuse my rant, but it seems like they really want me to buy a Zune or something!

WirelessPillow
04-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Sounds to me like your xbox did some formatting to your songs, either that or your ipod's gone buggered.
but why plug it into the xbox? plug it into a stereo instead so the game sounds and songs are separate, works better for me.
then again you may not have that option... best of luck

K4157H3W153
04-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Thanks, I'm formatting the iPod now... I'm going to test and see if my Xbox 360 does it again.

Well, the thing is I use an optical cable to connect the Xbox 360 to the speakers... My speaker system doesn't allow me to play direct (ipod to speakers) at the same time as the optical output :(

It would work if I didn't use the optical cable and simply used two direct sources but I'd lose my surround sound :(

I'll edit my post with the results of this test.