PDA

View Full Version : Bungies April 24 Weekly Update. (Slightly less detailed, lol, slightly)

The Lovat Scout
04-24-2010, 10:41 PM
EDIT: Yes, I know it was actually April 23, lol, sorry.

Since x360a.org doesn't usually update their news sections on the weekends (or at least not as often) and some of you might not have seen it yet, I'm going to tell everyone about it here. :)

I'm not going to go over everything, since there was so much covered in the update. Plus, if you wanted that you could just go read it yourself, (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_042310)lol. Instead, I'm just going to point out and try my best to explain in my own words some features I thought were cool and interesting.

Invasion.

Invasion is going to be (obviously) Spartans vs. Elites. It's going to play a lot like Rush from Bad Company 2. In the Delta, the only Invasion map will be Boneyard (which is bloody gigantic). There are two parts to this map. The second part will be locked until Phase 1 is complete. There are three Phases. Each Phase has specific loadouts unlocked, but I'll go over those after I explain the objective part of the Phases. So here's all about Phase 1.

Phase 1 will start the Elites out on a " UNSC dry dock facility." And the Spartans will start out in the Frigate. In order for the Elites to advance to Phase 2, they must go to one of two generators to shut down the laser grid blocking the way to the second part of the map. This part of the map is mostly outdoors and where the Elites will make a struggling attempt to make it inside the Frigate where the generators are. All it takes to shut down a generator is 20 seconds. But the Elites must do this in 4 minutes, or the game is over and the Spartans win. If the Elites do manage to shut down the generator, 4 more minutes are added to the clock, and they will now be able to advance to Phase 2.
In Phase 2, vehicles will come into play (warthog, ghost and wraith). Also, the loadouts will still be two, but more advanced than Phase 1 loadouts. Anyways, Phase 2 consists of moving outside of the Frigate to one of three generators. Two are inside of a refinery and the last one is right net to the Spartans Vehicle bay. Besides a brand new combat area, the objective is the same. Failure to complete with the bonus 4 minutes results in Spartan victory. Success and Phase 3 is underway and the Data Core will be in plain sight and can be stolen once an Elite gets his hands on it.
Phase 3 (as far as I can tell) doesn't unlock a new area of the map, but does add another 4 minutes of gameplay. Phase 3 brings in a Covenant Phantom where the Elites must carry the data core to. Carrying the data core will cause you to run slower too. Where the phantom is waiting for you is a little confusing to me. In their (Bungies) own words it is "the scaffolding near the ridge." I'm going to assume that is where the Elites original spawn was, but I could be wrong. Getting there will be a bitch because now jetpacks, grenade launchers and scorpions and being busted out. But on the Elite side, banshees, jetbacks and enery swords are coming into play. Now about the loadouts for Invasion.

Loadouts.

First-off, there are two types of invasion. Invasion and Invasion-Slayer. I just talked about Invasion, Invasion slayer is based on the Elites getting a certain amount of kills to progress (instead of objectives) in the allotted time. With that said, loadouts for each is different as well. Here are the loadouts for the Objective-based Invasion...

Phase 1. Phase 2. Phase 3. (Spartans)

Scout (AR, Magnum, 2 Frags, Sprint)
Marksman (DMR, No Secondary, 1 Frag, Sprint) - only available in Invasion, not Invasion Slayer.
Guard (AR, Magnum, 2 Frags, Armor Lock)
Recon Marksman (DMR, Magnum, 2 Frags, Sprint)
Airborne (AR, Magnum, 2 Frags, Jetpack)
Expert Marksman (DMR, AR, 3 Frags, Sprint)
Operator (Shotgun, Magnum, 3 Frags, Armor Lock)
Grenadier (Grenade Launcher, AR, 3 Frags, Sprint)

Phase 1. Phase 2. Phase 3. (Elites)

Warrior (Plasma Repeater, Plasma Pistol, 2 Plasma Grenades, Evade)
Assassin (Needler, No Secondary, 1 Plasma Grenade, Active Camo) - only available in Invasion, not Invasion Slayer.
Dark Assassin (Needler, Plasma Pistol, 2 Plasma Grenades, Active Camo)
Zealot (Needle Rifle, Plasma Pistol, 2 Plasma Grenades, Evade)
Ranger (Plasma Repeater, Plasma Pistol, 2 Plasma Grenades, Jetpack)
Royal Zealot (Needle Rifle, Plasma Repeater, 3 Plasma Grenades, Evade)
Gladiator (Energy Sword, Plasma Repeater, 2 Plasma grenades, Evade)
Champion Assassin (Needler, Plasma Repeater, 3 Plasma Grenades, Active Camo)

Co-op Spawning.

At the beginning of "each game," each player will be put into a two-man fireteam. If you join a game with three of your buddies (making 4 people in your party) and your entire team size for the game is 6, the game will make sure your fireteam partner is one of the players from your party you joined with. If you joined with an odd number, one of ya will be paired off with someone else. So now to the actual spawning.

In Invasion you can press up on the d-pad to choose where you'd like to spawn. One option will be with your fireteam partner. If your partner is alone and not in combat, you'll spawn right behind them. If they're driving and theres an open seat, turret, etc. you'll spawn there. However, if your partner is in a firefight, your respawn time will be increased by some and you'll either have to wait it out to pick another location. When your partner is in a firefight, they will receive a notification in their HUD indicating you are attempting to spawn with them. That will give them the option to pull back behind cover and let you on in. One thing I'm not sure on though, is that if your partner is driving a warthog with a gunner, but has an open passenger seat, can you spawn there if they are in combat (shooting the turret/taking damage)? I don't think so but the update wasn't clear on that particular scenario.

A little bit about Invasion-Slayer...

Invasion-Slayer is still Spartan vs Elite, and will still be set in boneyard for the Delta (Public Beta). The difference here is a few loadouts (mentioned upon) and objective. There are no generators here. Simply destroying the other team. The game ends at 75 kills or 12 minutes. Here's how each phase is broken down...

Phase 1 (0-25 kills, or until the 4 minute marker)

Spartan Weapon Drops: Power Weapons (Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle)
Elite Weapon Drops: Power Weapons (Plasma Launcher, Focus Rifle), or a Ghost

Phase 2: (26-50 kills, or until the 8 minute marker)

Spartan Weapon Drops: Power Weapons, or a Warthog
Elite Weapon Drops: Power Weapons, or a Ghost, or a Banshee

Phase 3: (51-75 kills, or until the 12 minute marker)

Spartan Weapon Drops: Power Weapons, or a Warthog, or a Scorpion
Elite Weapon Drops: Power Weapons, or a Ghost, or a Banshee, or a Wraith

Weapon Drops!?

After reading about the Phases for Invasion-Slayer, you might ask yourself what the hell weapon drops are. Well, to put it simple, it's a LITTLE like a care package from MW2.

Throughout the map, each Phase has randomized territories. Capture these terroitories and 10 seconds after you cap them, and airdrop will fly and and drop you off some
goodies. The drops will depend on which Phase you are in. You won't be getting a scorpion tank on Phase 1 guys, lol. Bungie says that while you capture and wait the 10 seconds, you are "gaining unwanted attention." This might suggest that the other team might have some kind of notification on their HUD that indicates an enemy is securing an airdrop location.

Another thing to keep in mind, if the Spartans cap an airdrop location but then die before the 10 seconds, the Elites may very well snatch their Rocket Launcher or Tank. Share package much?

Playlist dates.

Grab Bag – May 3
FFA – May 3
Arena - May 3
Invasion - May 7
Network Test 1/Generator Defense - May 14

The Delta Deadlines :(

Bungie has said that the Delta will run for AT LEAST two weeks, and to the MAX one month. They don't want to spoil it, and they only need the information and data they're looking for. After that, the plug will be pulled.

ReaLiStiiC
04-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Wow, didn't have a chance to read this on the Bungie.net forums. Thanks for taking the time to share this with all the loyal fans out there that havent gotten a chance to do so! And very descriptive!

The Lovat Scout
04-25-2010, 03:02 AM
Damn dude, thanks lol. My girlfriend had a meeting for her sorority so I had to find something to do in her dorm for three hours, lol. I was looking back and thinking I should have just posted the link and thats it. Nice to know its appreciated though :)

Atroxx70
04-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Oh wow this looks incredibly fun. Rather complicated for a single game mode, but awesome nonetheless.

The Lovat Scout
04-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Oh wow this looks incredibly fun. Rather complicated for a single game mode, but awesome nonetheless.

I suppose you could think of it like Halo 3's High Ground. Elites start at the beach, and have to go either to the Active Camo cave or the Grav Lift spawn (as if there were territories there) and hold them for 20 seconds. If they can, they can open the doors, and then proceed inside and go back where the mongooses are and steal the flag and being it back to the beach. KIND of like that. But 6x bigger and 100x more badass, lol.

I don't think its too much complicated, if you are a little confused you could always read the actual article.

Joker0fLife
04-25-2010, 05:39 PM
So hold up, for the playlist dates, your only allowed to play those said playlists for those dates? If I can't play Slayer constantly I'm going to be pissed......

ReaLiStiiC
04-25-2010, 06:44 PM
I like how they are adding more variety to the game types.
I how that this is a super fun game mode, I will be wanting to play this a lot :D

The Lovat Scout
04-26-2010, 01:35 AM
So hold up, for the playlist dates, your only allowed to play those said playlists for those dates? If I can't play Slayer constantly I'm going to be pissed......
Well, Grab Bag will have Stockpile, Headhunter, Slayer, and Invasion (maybe more?) all in one playlist. And you'll play that constantly until the next playlist update. I'm not sure on whether Grab Bag will still exsist, and than you can choose between Grab Bag and the other playlists listed. I'm sure they'll just make it a list and you can choose which one you'd like to play.

The reason they're doing this is so they can have a steady flow of what people are playing and how many people are playing for data. The only reason they are having the Delta is to get feedback and record data and meet their goals for said data. After they've met their goals they're ending it.

I like how they are adding more variety to the game types.
I how that this is a super fun game mode, I will be wanting to play this a lot :D
Yeah, Invasion sounds amazing. I actually don't like Rush at all in Bad Company 2, but with Halo gameplay and all the mechanics and features they have coming into play during Invasion it sounds amazingly badass.

Atroxx70
04-26-2010, 02:33 AM
I suppose you could think of it like Halo 3's High Ground. Elites start at the beach, and have to go either to the Active Camo cave or the Grav Lift spawn (as if there were territories there) and hold them for 20 seconds. If they can, they can open the doors, and then proceed inside and go back where the mongooses are and steal the flag and being it back to the beach. KIND of like that. But 6x bigger and 100x more badass, lol.

I don't think its too much complicated, if you are a little confused you could always read the actual article.

Well, I never had an original xbox, so I really never got a good chance to play Halo2 any, but thanks for the comparison anyway. When I say complicated I'm only referring to the long list of rules. I'm sure in the heat of the action it'll be really fast paced and easy to keep up with everything that's going on.

The Lovat Scout
04-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Well, I never had an original xbox, so I really never got a good chance to play Halo2 any, but thanks for the comparison anyway. When I say complicated I'm only referring to the long list of rules. I'm sure in the heat of the action it'll be really fast paced and easy to keep up with everything that's going on.

lol! Well High Ground is definitely on Halo 3. But yeah, as soon as we play it I'm sure we'll all catch on quick.

ReaLiStiiC
04-26-2010, 02:59 AM
Well, if I ever get lost in all of the action, I will just look at my Noble-6 Team statue, or stare at a mirror in-game as my guy is head is on fire!

I don't mind rush in BF:BC2, it gives me a break from all the crap that happens in MW2, but then playing BF:BC2 I get bored then switch, Reach will be my new most played game. But...
I think Bungie will make everything flow smoothly after the beta(delta.)

The Lovat Scout
04-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Well, if I ever get lost in all of the action, I will just look at my Noble-6 Team statue, or stare at a mirror in-game as my guy is head is on fire!

I don't mind rush in BF:BC2, it gives me a break from all the crap that happens in MW2, but then playing BF:BC2 I get bored then switch, Reach will be my new most played game. But...
I think Bungie will make everything flow smoothly after the beta(delta.)

I can definitely agree on the statue and the flames, lol.

And MW2 I find gets old very quickly. Bad Company is only fun when I'm playing with my friends, otherwise it feels like I'm alone. Reach has a much different feel than the other two (obviously).

I really like the whole Airdrops they've added. I'll definitely be stealing some scorpions and banshees :D lol

NewSparta
04-26-2010, 03:35 AM
I hope the air drops are actually droping what suppost to come out,like they actually drop a tank not a 8x4 box containing a tank :D

The Lovat Scout
04-26-2010, 04:35 AM
I hope the air drops are actually droping what suppost to come out,like they actually drop a tank not a 8x4 box containing a tank :D
lmao! That would crack me up so much if I saw a little box that had a little scorpion picture on it. haha, but yeah, I'm sure it'll be dropping the whole sha-boom.

Atroxx70
04-26-2010, 06:33 AM
lol! Well High Ground is definitely on Halo 3. But yeah, as soon as we play it I'm sure we'll all catch on quick.

Oh my God I just realized that I completely missed the whole point of your post. I read Halo2 instead of Halo3 and thought you were trying to describe a game mode from Halo2 that was similar to Invasion. oops

The Lovat Scout
04-26-2010, 06:41 AM
Oh my God I just realized that I completely missed the whole point of your post. I read Halo2 instead of Halo3 and thought you were trying to describe a game mode from Halo2 that was similar to Invasion. oops
lmao! I'm sooo glad you caught on! I was going to say, if you thought High Ground was in Halo 2 you must not have played as much as I expected.

Glad we're on the same page, lol.

Atroxx70
04-26-2010, 10:43 PM
lmao! I'm sooo glad you caught on! I was going to say, if you thought High Ground was in Halo 2 you must not have played as much as I expected.

Glad we're on the same page, lol.

Yeah I felt like a total moron when I realized that.